Author Topic: Donald Trump: You have to take out terrorists families  (Read 15854 times)

Offline sinkspur

Donald Trump: You have to take out terrorists families
« on: December 02, 2015, 03:17:47 pm »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/dec/2/donald-trump-you-have-take-out-terrorists-families/

Donald Trump: ‘You have to take out’ terrorists’ families

By David Sherfinski - The Washington Times -

Wednesday, December 2, 2015
Businessman and 2016 GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump said Wednesday that he would “knock the hell out of” the Islamic State terrorist group and that “you have to take out” the families of terrorists.

“I would knock the hell out of ISIS,” Mr. Trump said on “Fox and Friends.” “I would hit them … so hard like they’ve never been hit before.”

Asked about the possibility of civilian casualties, Mr. Trump said he would do his “absolute best,” but that one of the problems is that terrorists use them as human shields.

“It’s a horrible thing — they’re using [them] as shields,” he said. “But we’re fighting a very politically correct war.”

“And the other thing is with the terrorists: You have to take out their families,” he said. When you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives — don’t kid yourself. … They say they don’t care about their lives. You have to take out their families.”
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

Re: Donald Trump: You have to take out terrorists families
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 03:25:21 pm »

WAR. Not for the faint of heart....

Dresden, London blitzkrieg. Think about it.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 03:30:32 pm »
Love it!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Relic

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 03:32:58 pm »
Terrorists want to die. There is little you can do to the individual to stop or dissuade him/her. But, if terrorists see that by their actions, their families pay the price, that will change their calculus.

An unconventional enemy requires unconventional strategy to deal with them.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 03:34:09 pm »
Even Israelis don't do this.  They do destroy the homes of the terrorists' families, but do not kill the families.

Trump is just thumping his chest here.  All bluster.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 03:40:14 pm »
Even Israelis don't do this.  They do destroy the homes of the terrorists' families, but do not kill the families.

How many decades before we snuff this out?

I'm certain (if reports are to be believed) that moderate Muslims would love for crazy-ass jihadists to be wiped out! Moderate Muslims are cheering for Donald Trump.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 03:58:26 pm »
How many decades before we snuff this out?

I'm certain (if reports are to be believed) that moderate Muslims would love for crazy-ass jihadists to be wiped out! Moderate Muslims are cheering for Donald Trump.

The American public didn't support torture of terrorists themselves.  You're loony if you think they'll support directly killing possibly innocent civilians.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 04:01:43 pm »
The American public didn't support torture of terrorists themselves.  You're loony if you think they'll support directly killing possibly innocent civilians.

Which American public?  I had no problem with it... the only ones that I saw had an issue were the lawyers trying to drum up business.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 04:06:53 pm »
Again, TRUMP is RIGHT and that is one way you play to win in a WAR! Singing kumba  around a blown up building just does not work? :patriot:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 04:09:08 pm »

How many innocents were killed in World War II?

When malevolent forces (supremacist Muslims) wantonly kill innocents, expect the same. And if we won't deliver that, expect your own society to be tossed on the ash heap of history.

In other words, kill or be killed.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 04:09:49 pm »
He's right and he's wrong.

He is right in that the only way to effectively fight terrorists is to make them more scared of you than of their own leaders - play them at their own game. Killing families will certainly have an impact on recruitment, if nothing else.

He's wrong because it's impractical. Leaving aside the whole morality/squeamishness thing - which is a huge obstacle - the ONLY way to do this effectively is boots on the ground. It will work ONCE, then the second time it is attempted said boots are going to walk into the mother of all firefights. You think people who are totally fine with the atrocities we have seen are somehow above using their own family as bait?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 04:16:46 pm »

Bluster on his part, or projection on yours?
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 04:19:16 pm »
How many innocents were killed in World War II?

When malevolent forces (supremacist Muslims) wantonly kill innocents, expect the same. And if we won't deliver that, expect your own society to be tossed on the ash heap of history.

In other words, kill or be killed.

The environment has changed since WWII.  In case you haven't noticed, we do what we can to avoid killing innocent civilians.  Intentionally seeking out and killing the families of terrorists is Mafia behavior.  And, as someone has already said, they would not be above using the family of a dead terrorist as bait for our troops to walk into.

Trump is like a high school kid bragging about how many other kids he's going to beat up.  He won't beat those kids up, of course, but he thinks it makes him look tough.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 04:20:13 pm »
Bluster on his part, or projection on yours?

Bluster.  Bullshit, like most of what he says.

Offline flowers

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 04:41:16 pm »
WAR. Not for the faint of heart....

Dresden, London blitzkrieg. Think about it.
Yep...

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 04:52:14 pm »
The environment has changed since WWII. 

And we have lost every conflict since because we did not want to hurt anyones feelings.....Not sure your assessment is accurate...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 04:53:53 pm »
This is what you DO to win a war ............... not what you brag about.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 04:55:29 pm »
He's right and he's wrong.

He is right in that the only way to effectively fight terrorists is to make them more scared of you than of their own leaders - play them at their own game. Killing families will certainly have an impact on recruitment, if nothing else.

He's wrong because it's impractical. Leaving aside the whole morality/squeamishness thing - which is a huge obstacle - the ONLY way to do this effectively is boots on the ground. It will work ONCE, then the second time it is attempted said boots are going to walk into the mother of all firefights. You think people who are totally fine with the atrocities we have seen are somehow above using their own family as bait?

Surrender monkeys are not well suited for WAR when war becomes necessary!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2015, 04:58:27 pm »
And we have lost every conflict since because we did not want to hurt anyones feelings.....Not sure your assessment is accurate...

Uh, we stabilized Iraq until Obama pulled all the troops out. Same with Afghanistan.  So we haven't "lost" every conflict. We did not "lose" the Korean war either.

And we did win the Cold War through economic warfare, not military.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2015, 04:59:09 pm »

Surrender monkeys are not well suited for WAR when war becomes necessary!

Agreed. but the mush headed, kumbaya public's "right to know" has to be factored in. Though if I had my way, their so called "right to know" would be somewhat curtailed.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2015, 05:04:09 pm »
This is what you DO to win a war ............... not what you brag about.

Trump cannot win this or any conflict until he's...elected president. At the moment he's not prosecuting a war, he's simply a candidate responding to media questions on what he would do if he were president.

Of course, from your perspective I'm quite certain you would prefer if Trump would just shut the heck up altogether. But that's not how one goes about getting themselves elected president.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2015, 05:07:48 pm »
Agreed. but the mush headed, kumbaya public's "right to know" has to be factored in. Though if I had my way, their so called "right to know" would be somewhat curtailed.

And you know that I agree with you!

If we were actually FIGHTING a real war on terror the only people who would know anything about the Osama raid would be those involved and those with an absolute need to know!

And the documents captured there would be intelligence priority number 1.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Relic

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2015, 05:10:42 pm »

If it were up to me, the right to know would be coupled with a right to put on the uniform. Want to find out what's going on? Find out up close and personal, enlist.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2015, 05:16:34 pm »
If it were up to me, the right to know would be coupled with a right to put on the uniform. Want to find out what's going on? Find out up close and personal, enlist.

Glad it's not up to you. 

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2015, 05:22:16 pm »
Uh, we stabilized Iraq until Obama pulled all the troops out. Same with Afghanistan.  So we haven't "lost" every conflict. We did not "lose" the Korean war either.

And we did win the Cold War through economic warfare, not military.

Stabilized Iraq? Several hundred thousand troops maimed and killed to stabilized?  If that is your bragging point, then keep our damn troops out of their....

We did loose Korea, we surrendered to the Chinese after another many hundreds of thousands maimed and killed....

The cold war was not a war, no matter how the draft dodgers and politicians want to paint it.... besides, we bankrupted the country...