Author Topic: Donald Trump: You have to take out terrorists families  (Read 15852 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Donald Trump: You have to take out terrorists families
« Reply #200 on: December 04, 2015, 07:22:34 pm »
I said that just to drive the burr in his saddle...I know sink is not a liberal and I respect him. But he does sound like Hillary here.

"Ignore" works much better.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #201 on: December 04, 2015, 07:25:48 pm »
Ah yes the ultimate Leftist moral equivalency lie. "we are just like them if we do this or that"

No child, we are not attacking them. We are more then happy to live and let live. They are the ones who went to war with us.

There is no moral equivalence between those defending themselves and those attacking. The aggressor is in the wrong.

Offline Carling

« Reply #202 on: December 04, 2015, 07:32:20 pm »
A supreme act of humanitarianism. Saved thousand of lives on both sides.

To not defend ourselves is immoral. To kill some civilians to weaken the enemy, perhaps make them cease fire, is a sound tactic.

To put the enemy before yourself, is suicidal.

I agree with you.  I was asking sinkspur, since he's suddenly sounding like a Code Pinko while trying to criticize Trump.  We'd be speaking German if pacifists like him were in leadership during WWII.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 07:33:48 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

« Reply #203 on: December 04, 2015, 07:36:45 pm »
No it's not.  It is immoral to target innocent civilians in a war.  The US hasn't done that since WWII.  If innocents are killed as a result of targeting terrorists and there is no other way to get them, that's a different matter.

What Trump is saying is killing a terrorists family as either an act of revenge or an attempt to intimidate the terrorist. That's Mafia stuff.

The U.S. hasn't won a war and completely destroyed the enemy since WWII, either, largely because the "but we're better than them" crowd like yourself gained traction with the public, and Democrats started using it as a wedge issue.

I'm sure you'll say that's just a coincidence.

Offline Carling

« Reply #204 on: December 04, 2015, 07:41:17 pm »
I don't think sinkspur has liberal sensibilities. I think he's got I hate Trump so much I can't see straight sensibility.

I'm not sure about that.  I think he's so entrenched with the establishment GOP that he's much further to the left than many here these days.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #205 on: December 04, 2015, 07:57:58 pm »
I agree with you.  I was asking sinkspur, since he's suddenly sounding like a Code Pinko while trying to criticize Trump.  We'd be speaking German if pacifists like him were in leadership during WWII.
My family history taught me about WWII from early childhood. My father worked building internment facilities at Heart Mountain, Wyoming as a teenager,  before he enlisted in the Marine Corps.

My mother lived in SoCal subject to blackouts, rationing, risk of Jap subs coming into LA/Long Beach Harbor etc. My father was wounded on Okinawa, and recovered in hospital in Honolulu awaiting participation in the landing on Japan's main island if needed.

So all my life my parents told me that I was living, because Truman dropped those bombs, which ended the war with fanatical Japs. Fanatical means beyond reason.

When your enemy is also fanatical, you have no alternative to kill, kill more, and kill still more until they are all gone, or those capable of reason prevail and surrender.

Inability to grasp the reality of warfare can be due to no knowledge.  For the scholars among us, here is an early take on the "morality" of warfare, from the Abbot of Iona, Adomnan, refered to as "Cain Adomnan":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%A1in_Adomn%C3%A1in

Finally I was stationed in Germany in a mid-sized city which was repeatedly bombed. A model stood in the lobby of the City Hall (Radhaus).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombings_of_Heilbronn_in_World_War_II
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln