Author Topic: Trump on ABC "This Week": Will not rule out Muslim database or a 3rd party run  (Read 11217 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
No.  I will not vote for Hillary.

Abstaining from voting is the same as voting for Hillary.   You know that.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

Great posts Sinkspur.  I wish reality mattered to the followers of Trumpigula.

A new American Emperor awaits for the hopeful masses.  An Emperor who has been pampered all his life by wealth and never been refused in life.  He will make a glorious new world stamped with his name.

Look on his works, ye Mighty, and despair

It's a bit of fascism, isn't it? No matter how much the Leader suggests compromises to the Constitution, he just continues to get more popular.

At this point, it's not the Leader who's the problem.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Texas would vote for Charlie Sheen if he was the Republican nominee so my vote for Dear Leader wouldn't be missed.  I hope like hell it doesn't come to that.

Offline DCPatriot

It's a bit of fascism, isn't it? No matter how much the Leader suggests compromises to the Constitution, he just continues to get more popular.

At this point, it's not the Leader who's the problem.

Sink....

We'll have lived EIGHT years under a lawless President and a politically-run and motivated Justice Department.  They've even turned the DOJ into a weapon for social activism to fit the Left agenda. 

You're damned right!  Turnabout is fair play!   I want MY guy ruling that way...if that's what it takes to put the country back on its feet.

edit to add:  Cowboys looked good vs. Miami.   :patriot:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 09:18:05 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

And voting for the Orangutan if he throws a fit and runs 3rd party is also a vote for Hillary.  And he's dangling that possibility out there yet again, despite his promise not to.

So remember that.  His word is worthless.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Agreed.  What you are describing is NOT a database of Muslims who are in that database simply for being Muslim.  They are in it because they're suspected of being terrorists.
That is why I posted it. Somewhere in the middle of this argument, is the common sense place.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

And voting for the Orangutan if he throws a fit and runs 3rd party is also a vote for Hillary.  And he's dangling that possibility out there yet again, despite his promise not to.

So remember that.  His word is worthless.

He's making sure the primary rules aren't amended.  He's serving notice.   

If they DO....and he goes 3rd party...blame the GOPe. 

Offline sinkspur

Sink....

We'll have lived EIGHT years under a lawless President and a politically-run and motivated Justice Department.  They've even turned the DOJ into a weapon for social activism to fit the Left agenda. 

You're damned right!  Turnabout is fair play!   I want MY guy ruling that way...if that's what it takes to put the country back on its feet.

edit to add:  Cowboys looked good vs. Miami.   :patriot:

Yep.  One criminal warrants another criminal.  That's very low-level thinking, DC. 

It's really kind of pathetic that the Dallas offense won't play for anybody but Romo.    Dallas is just not a very good football team.  They're tolerable though in that pathetic NFC East.

Offline sinkspur

He's making sure the primary rules aren't amended.  He's serving notice.   

If they DO....and he goes 3rd party...blame the GOPe.

No. He's saying that he'll find an excuse to bolt if he doesn't win the nomination.  Trump isn't accustomed to losing, and he knows you'll follow him off the cliff if he runs 3rd party. 

Primary rules won't be amended now and he and you know it. This "treated fairly" crap is just an excuse that he'll pull the trigger on if he loses a couple of primaries.

Offline DCPatriot

No. He's saying that he'll find an excuse to bolt if he doesn't win the nomination.  Trump isn't accustomed to losing, and he knows you'll follow him off the cliff if he runs 3rd party. 

Primary rules won't be amended now and he and you know it. This "treated fairly" crap is just an excuse that he'll pull the trigger on if he loses a couple of primaries.

I won't follow him Third Party.

Hopefully, he won't have to.

Offline sinkspur

I won't follow him Third Party.

Hopefully, he won't have to.

Really? I thought he was our only hope, that only the Donald could save the country from oblivion. That's what I've been reading on here for nearly three months, anyway.

Now it's not true?  You mean there's actually SOMEBODY ELSE who could do it too?

Consider my bubble burst.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
OK, I'm a bit confused. What is the Orthodox line of thinking on this?

He either never said it nor believes it and anyone implying so is part of a GOPe conspiracy against him.

Or

He does say it and believe it and it is the right thing to do because war.

Offline DCPatriot

Really? I thought he was our only hope, that only the Donald could save the country from oblivion. That's what I've been reading on here for nearly three months, anyway.

Now it's not true?  You mean there's actually SOMEBODY ELSE who could do it too?

Consider my bubble burst.

I've always said the ONLY way Clinton can be defeated is by Donald Trump.

Said the only one who can turn this country around and get/demand the credit is Donald Trump.

Before I would vote for him 3rd party he'd have to be polling a lot higher than Perot did back in 1996.

Offline sinkspur

I've always said the ONLY way Clinton can be defeated is by Donald Trump.

Said the only one who can turn this country around and get/demand the credit is Donald Trump.

Before I would vote for him 3rd party he'd have to be polling a lot higher than Perot did back in 1996.

Just so I make sure I understand, the ONLY ONE who can turn this country around is Donald Trump. 

And you laugh at me when I say you Trumpies are cultists.

But if he is the ONLY ONE, why wouldn't you vote for him anyway?  After breathing the rare Trumpie air,  how could you possibly lower yourself to vote for a mere mortal like, say, Marco Rubio?

Offline DCPatriot

Just so I make sure I understand, the ONLY ONE who can turn this country around is Donald Trump. 

But if he is the ONLY ONE, why wouldn't you vote for him anyway?  After breathing the rare Trumpie air,  how could you possibly lower yourself to vote for a mere mortal like, say, Marco Rubio?

Rubio is not a playoff contender....

Trump is my #1 and #2 choice.  Any other vote is a throw away vote.

Offline sinkspur

Rubio is not a playoff contender....

Trump is my #1 and #2 choice.  Any other vote is a throw away vote.

I rest my case.   

Trumpies are in a cult.

Does it bother you a little bit that Trump has ZERO endorsements from anybody in Congress?  How is he going to get what he wants if nobody likes him?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Sink, my friend, you are selling yourself short. We don't laugh at you just because of that, I laugh at almost everything you post. You are a case study of everything you mock.

You are the definition of a tinfoil hat wearing, cultist, who cannot be reasoned with. You refuse to listen to or hear anything except your own opinions. You have a classic, 'I am right, and everyone else is crazy', mentality.

You are "that guy". You are the best example on the site of everything you mock and ridicule. Just take a few deep breaths, and slow down. You don't have to make things up about Trump to criticize him. He has plenty of real issues to be concerned about. And belittling people who think differently than you do, will never win anyone over to your side.

I respect your indefatigable passion, but sometimes I worry about you. Please, just ddon't do anything crazy if Trump wins. Although we may disagree on some issues, we are still all here with you to help you through it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sinkspur

Sink, my friend, you are selling yourself short. We don't laugh at you just because of that, I laugh at almost everything you post. You are a case study of everything you mock.

You are the definition of a tinfoil hat wearing, cultist, who cannot be reasoned with. You refuse to listen to or hear anything except your own opinions. You have a classic, 'I am right, and everyone else is crazy', mentality.

You are "that guy". You are the best example on the site of everything you mock and ridicule. Just take a few deep breaths, and slow down. You don't have to make things up about Trump to criticize him. He has plenty of real issues to be concerned about. And belittling people who think differently than you do, will never win anyone over to your side.

I respect your indefatigable passion, but sometimes I worry about you. Please, just ddon't do anything crazy if Trump wins. Although we may disagree on some issues, we are still all here with you to help you through it.

Thanks for your concern.  The fact is, I'm a lot closer to the views of mainstream conservatives than the Trumpies, and certainly than you.

I know you mean well, but it is YOU who are misguided.  I post Trump's own words, and you Trumpies insist he didn't say things he clearly DID say.   And, frankly, a man who threatens to run third party "unless I'm treated fairly" has some severe issues.  So, why wouldn't I naturally conclude that anyone who supports a man with such severe issues might have a few themselves?

But, hey, knock yourself out.  Support him, praise him, defend his every racist and crazy utterance.

When he runs third party after he loses a few primaries, just remember:  I told you so.

Offline DCPatriot

I rest my case.   

Trumpies are in a cult.

Does it bother you a little bit that Trump has ZERO endorsements from anybody in Congress?  How is he going to get what he wants if nobody likes him?

We talked about that.   The GOP will keep him on a short leash...which is good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Texas would vote for Charlie Sheen if he was the Republican nominee so my vote for Dear Leader wouldn't be missed.  I hope like hell it doesn't come to that.

Oh, please....

That's silly.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

Does it bother you a little bit that Trump has ZERO endorsements from anybody in Congress?

I don't support Trump, but I'd consider it a positive if any candidate had zero endorsements from congress.  And I seriously doubt I am alone in that view.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

.../ I'd consider it a positive if any candidate had zero endorsements from congress.  And I seriously doubt I am alone in that view.

Rest assured, you are not.

You are the definition of a tinfoil hat wearing, cultist, who cannot be reasoned with. You refuse to listen to or hear anything except your own opinions. You have a classic, 'I am right, and everyone else is crazy', mentality. . . ./ 

goopo      :beer:

Trumpies are in a cult.  Does it bother you a little bit that Trump has ZERO endorsements from anybody in Congress?

No.  It's a big plus!   :smokin:

Offline sinkspur

I don't support Trump, but I'd consider it a positive if any candidate had zero endorsements from congress.  And I seriously doubt I am alone in that view.

Ideologically, you might be right.

Practically, a candidate who has no support from his party in Congress is always on probation.