Author Topic: Trump on ABC "This Week": Will not rule out Muslim database or a 3rd party run  (Read 11272 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Also, there is a clear pattern of both flooding the site with dozens of posts all expressing the same point of view, and by doing so all other threads except Trump threads are drowned out, and never have an opportunity to be read and discussed

I totally agree with this...ranger and I go to great lengths to get the news and post it..it is getting to the point that I don't even want to post anything re to Trump cause I know exactly what is going to happen.

And sink this is addressed to you..if you don't lighten up a little on your constant Trump bashing..we all know how you feel about his..a thousand times we know..I will lighten it up for you..

Please try to contribute on other threads that don't have anything to do with Trump..that would be a novelty and a relief.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

What seems to get under some peoples' skin is his style of posting....one of a super-confident, plain speaking...take your political correctness and shove it up your *** poster.

Not true in my case. It's the circular arguments that he continually engages in that does it for me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

I totally agree with this...ranger and I go to great lengths to get the news and post it..it is getting to the point that I don't even want to post anything re to Trump cause I know exactly what is going to happen.

And sink this is addressed to you..if you don't lighten up a little on your constant Trump bashing..we all know how you feel about his..a thousand times we know..I will lighten it up for you..

Please try to contribute on other threads that don't have anything to do with Trump..that would be a novelty and a relief.

OK.  I guess I see where this is going. 

Why can't posters simply ignore my Trump posts?  My Trump threads?  I'M the problem?  It seems to me that the posters who respond to me are the problem.  They could kill a Trump thread in a heartbeat if they would just PASS!!!

This is a give-and-take forum, yet you want me to "lighten up" and not post on the Trump threads YOU put up.  What the hell?  I don't like Trump.  Others do. And yet I'm the problem.

Is this a Trump forum?  Because, if it is, I'm done here.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Not true in my case. It's the circular arguments that he continually engages in that does it for me.

Don't respond to my "circular arguments."  That you can't resist doing so is your problem, not mine.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Well, I'm butting heads with him every day on Trump.   Hasn't affected how we interact.

He's entitled to his opinion....and you must admit, he was NOTHING like bkepley or even godzilla in terms of sheer volume of material or participation.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline famousdayandyear

Well, I'm butting heads with him every day on Trump.   Hasn't affected how we interact.

He's entitled to his opinion....and you must admit, he was NOTHING like bkepley or even godzilla in terms of sheer volume of material or participation.

So throwing out personal insults is OK with you, just so you are not the target.  Apparently it's OK with moderator.  Am I right?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
OK.  I guess I see where this is going. 

Why can't posters simply ignore my Trump posts?  My Trump threads?  I'M the problem?  It seems to me that the posters who respond to me are the problem.  They could kill a Trump thread in a heartbeat if they would just PASS!!!

This is a give-and-take forum, yet you want me to "lighten up" and not post on the Trump threads YOU put up.  What the hell?  I don't like Trump.  Others do. And yet I'm the problem.

Is this a Trump forum?  Because, if it is, I'm done here.

NO this is not a Trump forum..I don't even support him.

I did not say not to post on Trump threads just lighten up a little how many times a day can you tell all of us how bad he is, how stupid he is, how he is not fit to be president....WE GET IT!....

I am tired of all the angst this is causing on the forum..you should see my pms re this

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Don't respond to my "circular arguments."  That you can't resist doing so is your problem, not mine.

I did that for a period of time! Until I realized that is exactly what you wanted me to do.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Point is I used to really enjoy this site as an admitted outsider.  I was never part of the original FR cabal that seem to know each other so well from those days. 

Guess I'm tired of being called a "drunk" by your friend when he cannot think of a rational rejoinder.  So, continue to support each other.   Just don't do so at the exclusion of new intelligent members.

Well, in all fairness, it wasn't exactly a "cabal"....

Offline sinkspur

NO this is not a Trump forum..I don't even support him.

I did not say not to post on Trump threads just lighten up a little how many times a day can you tell all of us how bad he is, how stupid he is, how he is not fit to be president....WE GET IT!....

I am tired of all the angst this is causing on the forum..you should see my pms re this

Whoa.  So the snowflakes are bombarding you over posts they don't have to read, they don't have to respond to, indeed, that they can just ignore and go to some other thread.

And that's my fault.

As I said on another thread, I don't want Trump to be the nominee and I am not going to back off in the effort to bring that about.

And "pms" is a pretty good description of what you're being slammed with.  I would ignore them, if I were you. Nobody forces these posters to wring their hands over what I post.

Offline sinkspur

I did that for a period of time! Until I realized that is exactly what you wanted me to do.

Oh, so you're pissed off at me because you have to respond to my posts, otherwise you're doing what I want you to do.

Do you not realize how silly that is?

Offline famousdayandyear

Well, in all fairness, it wasn't exactly a "cabal"....

OK.  To be politically correct, an association of close knit friends with a common set of values.  How is that?  If not correct, please help me out and provide an appropriate noun.  In all fairness....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
OK.  To be politically correct, an association of close knit friends with a common set of values.  How is that?  If not correct, please help me out and provide an appropriate noun.  In all fairness....

Full Definition of CABAL
1:  the artifices and intrigues of a group of persons secretly united in a plot (as to overturn a government); also :  a group engaged in such artifices and intrigues

I would go with a group of exFreepers and assorted other concerned citizens.

And, lighten up - I was just gently teasing you.  No offense meant.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 03:37:37 am by Sanguine »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Whoa.  So the snowflakes are bombarding you over posts they don't have to read, they don't have to respond to, indeed, that they can just ignore and go to some other thread.

And that's my fault.

As I said on another thread, I don't want Trump to be the nominee and I am not going to back off in the effort to bring that about.

And "pms" is a pretty good description of what you're being slammed with.  I would ignore them, if I were you. Nobody forces these posters to wring their hands over what I post.

See this is what I mean...*snowflakes*..that is your new term now for Trump supporters..you just don't know when to stop.
Yes pms..by the remaining few who don't have you on their ignore list

Now you are telling me you are going to continue this barrage...well you will leave me with no choice.
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Oh, so you're pissed off at me because you have to respond to my posts, otherwise you're doing what I want you to do.

Do you not realize how silly that is?

NO Sink!  What I find SO tiresome is the FACT that you can be proven completely wrong about something today and then will come back tomorrow making the exact same argument again!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

See this is what I mean...*snowflakes*..that is your new term now for Trump supporters..you just don't know when to stop.
Yes pms..by the remaining few who don't have you on their ignore list

Now you are telling me you are going to continue this barrage...well you will leave me with no choice.

You're going to kick me off the forum.  Is that what I'm discerning here?  "Snowflakes" is a term for delicate flowers who run to mama when they don't like something. I used to do that, too, but then realized, hey, I can ignore these people.

If there are so few that don't have me on ignore, why is there a problem?   

OK. I'll stop the "barrage" and you can have your sleepy little forum with the Trumpies and Cruz supporters all amening each other.   I guess that's what they want and you want.

Offline sinkspur

NO Sink!  What I find SO tiresome is the FACT that you can be proven completely wrong about something today and then will come back tomorrow making the exact same argument again!

IGNORE ME.  I had you on ignore for over a year.  You could at least return the favor.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
So throwing out personal insults is OK with you, just so you are not the target.  Apparently it's OK with moderator.  Am I right?

He's 'insulted' me.  But like I said, to me, it's Sunday night, we're arguing while eating chicken wings and drinking beer.

I insulted him back.  It's no big deal.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
IGNORE ME.  I had you on ignore for over a year.  You could at least return the favor.

Nope!  That let's you get away with that crap!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

If someone is drinking and it's obvious and I point it out, is that an insult?

Especially when the drinker doesn't deny it?

I don't care if somebody drinks, but when I used to drink a lot it affected what I said. So I think it's important to give a context to what people say.

Offline famousdayandyear

If someone is drinking and it's obvious and I point it out, is that an insult?

Especially when the drinker doesn't deny it?

I don't care if somebody drinks, but when I used to drink a lot it affected what I said. So I think it's important to give a context to what people say.

It must be still affecting what you say.  My experience is that people with a problem (and drinking must be problematic for you) most often project that problem onto another person.  Thus, this projection allows the offender to deflect the problem from himself.  I think this is true for you -- putting what you say to me in context.

You have many defenders, so you need not worry about a little ole girly girl from North Carolina.  I've bout had enough of bleep footin deceivers.

Good luck, sinkspur.  (Are you the same sinkspur from FreeRepublic?  If not, nevermind.) 

Offline sinkspur

It must be still affecting what you say.  My experience is that people with a problem (and drinking must be problematic for you) most often project that problem onto another person.  Thus, this projection allows the offender to deflect the problem from himself.  I think this is true for you -- putting what you say to me in context.

You have many defenders, so you need not worry about a little ole girly girl from North Carolina.  I've bout had enough of bleep footin deceivers.

Good luck, sinkspur.  (Are you the same sinkspur from FreeRepublic?  If not, nevermind.)

I don't drink and haven't for 20 years.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
"As I said on another thread, I don't want Trump to be the nominee and I am not going to back off in the effort"

It does not appear to be effective in achieving your goal.  Perhaps a different method is called for?
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline sinkspur

"As I said on another thread, I don't want Trump to be the nominee and I am not going to back off in the effort"

It does not appear to be effective in achieving your goal.  Perhaps a different method is called for?

Perhaps not.  This is Trump central, and I'm obviously out of place here.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Perhaps not.  This is Trump central, and I'm obviously out of place here.

No it isn't! Not by a long shot!  I'm on YOUR side of the Trump thing for cryin out loud!
!

- J. R. R. Tolkien