Author Topic: 'Merry Christmas,' Trump declares  (Read 9674 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: 'Merry Christmas,' Trump declares
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2015, 05:54:27 pm »
Wait a minute, Mr. Hall Monitor.............. why are you allowed to call people who criticize Trump "pathetic" when you go around demanding that no one says anything bad about Trump supporters?

You have completely ignored the fact that he makes statements like this with regularity.

I believe he's delusional enough to think that he's going to be able to make people do what he wants if he becomes President.

As a conservative, that should unnerve you too.....

Get some rest!  You're acting delusional with your hatred for Donald Trump.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2015, 05:57:29 pm »
Yeah, right.  You're welcome to be as obtuse as you like, but when someone who wants to be president says that he will guarantee that something happens when he's president, you can be quite sure that the threat of force is there if he has his way.

Or have you simply chosen to ignore the last 8 years because they're inconsistent with your belief in the new messiah.

This is what's most disturbing among Trump fans.  They really seem to be saying that since we've had to endure 8 years of their guy forcing us to live in his progressive world, that it's OK for Trump to remove our freedoms to force people to behave in a certain way, because he's "our guy."

Disturbing, especially that there seem to be so many of them....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2015, 05:58:43 pm »
Get some rest!  You're acting delusional with your hatred for Donald Trump.

That is perhaps the dumbest statement I've ever seen you make, DC.

Does that means you are crying 'uncle' because there is nothing rational you can say to defend your position?

Are you admitting that you're wrong here??

Are you??

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2015, 05:59:35 pm »
I'm glad you found a friend to insult the rest of us with.

"Insult"??

I could do a helluva lot more to make that word fit what I'm saying to all of you Trump HATERS.

You're traipsing into La-La Land, musiclady.

If you insist on saying Trump is going to "force" us to say Merry Christmas...well, you're NUTZ!

My work is done here!    :thud:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2015, 06:00:55 pm »
That is perhaps the dumbest statement I've ever seen you make, DC.

Does that means you are crying 'uncle' because there is nothing rational you can say to defend your position?

Are you admitting that you're wrong here??

Are you??

You're not going to piss me off, musiclady.

When people like you and your club and digging a hole, I'm just going to hand you a shovel.

My lips are sealed.  Good bye.   :seeya:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2015, 06:02:01 pm »
This is what's most disturbing among Trump fans.  They really seem to be saying that since we've had to endure 8 years of their guy forcing us to live in his progressive world, that it's OK for Trump to remove our freedoms to force people to behave in a certain way, because he's "our guy."

Disturbing, especially that there seem to be so many of them....

:amen:

You're on a roll today!   

They are blinded by passion. Can't see the forest for the trees!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2015, 06:02:18 pm »
"Insult"??

I could do a helluva lot more to make that word fit what I'm saying to all of you Trump HATERS.

You're traipsing into La-La Land, musiclady.

If you insist on saying Trump is going to "force" us to say Merry Christmas...well, you're NUTZ!

My work is done here!    :thud:

And you have failed miserably because rather than use logic and rhetorical skills, you have made really, really stupid insults, pretty much at the level of "na na na boo boo."

But since your work is done, the rest of us can continue the discussion rationally.

:seeya:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2015, 06:03:04 pm »
Yeah, right.  You're welcome to be as obtuse as you like, but when someone who wants to be president says that he will guarantee that something happens when he's president, you can be quite sure that the threat of force is there if he has his way.

Or have you simply chosen to ignore the last 8 years because they're inconsistent with your belief in the new messiah.

I think you have latched on to the word "guarantee"  and in so doing you've missed the deeper meaning.  We have, in the majority, been outspoken in our opposition to the overbearing and controlling affects of political correctness.  Why do you rage against someone pointing to that control and standing up to it?

Can you not agree with the principle? 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 06:08:50 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2015, 06:03:23 pm »
You're not going to piss me off, musiclady.

When people like you and your club and digging a hole, I'm just going to hand you a shovel.

My lips are sealed.  Good bye.   :seeya:

I'm not TRYING to 'piss you off.'  That's your MO, not mine.

I'm trying to have a rational discussion with rational people and you keep getting in the way.

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2015, 06:06:09 pm »
What's 'unnerving' is that he really thinks he can force people to do what he wants them to do.

He keeps proving that he's not all that different from Obama.  Just louder. 

Now you're just speaking nonsense, ML.  Pure nonsense.   **nononono*

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2015, 06:06:11 pm »

He's saying that you will no longer have to feel uncomfortable again being a Christian in America, and the political correctness can stuff it.

In fact, when Trump wins, people will be able to SHOUT Merry Christmas!.....and to coordinate boycotts of corporations that have pandered to the PC crowd.
Nonsense. No, delusional nonsense.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2015, 06:08:59 pm »
Now you're just speaking nonsense, ML.  Pure nonsense.   **nononono*

Not if you have even a modicum of objectivity.

From your responses here, you are trying to prove that what he said was not what he meant, and that people who see what he said and interpret his words rationally based on the preponderance of the evidence in what he has already said, are 'speaking nonsense.'

Why do you doubt that he said what he meant?  Again........ do you assume he is a liar, or just inarticulate?

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2015, 06:10:29 pm »
Yeah..., apparently people like EVERY SINGLE POSTER in this thread...except Right-in-Virginia.

...and us. 

We're going to have our hands full helping them through the next eight "Trump years".   :smokin:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2015, 06:11:25 pm »
Nonsense. No, delusional nonsense.

Exactly right!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2015, 06:11:56 pm »
We're going to have our hands full helping them through the next eight "Trump years".   :smokin:

Yes.  A redux of the LAST eight years......

That's what we're trying to avoid, RiV by nominating someone who doesn't want to be a dictator, and doesn't suffer from delusions of grandeur.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2015, 06:16:18 pm »

That's what we're trying to avoid, RiV by nominating someone who doesn't want to be a dictator, and doesn't suffer from delusions of grandeur.

And who is not a bleeding narcissist!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2015, 06:18:54 pm »
Not if you have even a modicum of objectivity.

From your responses here, you are trying to prove that what he said was not what he meant, and that people who see what he said and interpret his words rationally based on the preponderance of the evidence in what he has already said, are 'speaking nonsense.'   

I believe President Trump will guarantee that it will be okay to again say Merry Christmas in public without fear of repercussions--because he will be leading millions of Christians across this great nation to say it at will.  I like that.   A lot.

And, yes, your argument is nonsense. 

« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2015, 06:20:03 pm »

Insanity, pure insanity.   **nononono*

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2015, 06:20:54 pm »
I believe President Trump will guarantee that it will be okay to again say Merry Christmas in public without fear of repercussions--because he will be leading millions of Christians across this great nation to say it at will.  I like that.   A lot.

:beer:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2015, 06:22:17 pm »

Is there a reason you are avoiding telling us why you believe that Trump didn't mean what he said?

I mean, without adding further insults, can you tell me why you don't believe the words he actually said?

Is he a liar, or just inarticulate?  Or something else which explains why he has made this string of dictatorial comments, but doesn't actually mean any of them?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2015, 06:23:30 pm »
Insanity, pure insanity.   **nononono*

More insults with no rational support.

I'm beginning to believe that you Trump supporters don't actually HAVE rational support for your belief in him...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2015, 06:24:08 pm »
And who is not a bleeding narcissist!

That too!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2015, 06:26:17 pm »
More insults with no rational support.

I'm beginning to believe that you Trump supporters don't actually HAVE rational support for your belief in him...

And your posts are to be construed as being NOT insulting?   :whistle:

"Guarantee" does not mean an outcome/result achieved by force.   It's merely a bold prediction of an outcome. 

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 06:26:53 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2015, 06:28:34 pm »
If I may interject something. Just a reminder, Trump doesn't calculate his statements like we are used to getting from politicians. He just opens his mouth and speaks. Some people hate that; it's unnerving to them.

Thoughtful men think before they speak.  That's not calculating; it's just common sense. 

Not the first time Trump's shotgun mouth got ahead of his bb gun ass.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2015, 06:29:11 pm »
Is there a reason you are avoiding telling us why you believe that Trump didn't mean what he said? 

Yes.  You look to exacerbate the absurd and I am weary of your nonsense.