Author Topic: 'Merry Christmas,' Trump declares  (Read 9699 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: 'Merry Christmas,' Trump declares
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2015, 07:56:53 pm »
Never said Happy Holidays in my life, and have no intention of starting now!  :whistle:

I'll wish someone a Happy New Year - guess that'll be up for the chop next, since it's calendarist.

Me either. And no one will ever make me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2015, 09:06:16 pm »
There is not a single person here who has argued 'like liberals."

But it's interesting to see the accusation leveled about 'emotion-driven' posters when the only ones losing emotional control here are Trump supporters.

I guess you see what you imagine and not what actually IS, eh Carling?

Watching you all is  a fascinating study of what emotionally attaching oneself to a political figure does to otherwise intelligent people.

I can't believe that I am seriously thinking of putting one of the people I have most respected on this forum on "Ignore" because of his irrational support of Trump.   It's a sad thing to watch.

And it pains me to say....HAVE AT IT!   

You should be ashamed of yourself for carrying on in this thread.  You NEVER watched the video before you started in with your BS hatred of the man.

You look the fool...deservedly so, IMO.

Right-in-Virginia and myself were the ONLY ones going up against your dog pack.

I am not the least bit intimidated by the lot of you.

Furthermore....nobody started in on personal insults until #33.   And then you took it from there.

Until you apology to me, go away.   :seeya:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Carling

« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2015, 09:12:17 pm »
There is not a single person here who has argued 'like liberals."

But it's interesting to see the accusation leveled about 'emotion-driven' posters when the only ones losing emotional control here are Trump supporters.

I guess you see what you imagine and not what actually IS, eh Carling?

Watching you all is  a fascinating study of what emotionally attaching oneself to a political figure does to otherwise intelligent people.

I can't believe that I am seriously thinking of putting one of the people I have most respected on this forum on "Ignore" because of his irrational support of Trump.   It's a sad thing to watch.

I'm not a Trump supporter.  Please point to any post where I've supported him.  I just like to use reason and logic when following a narrative.  I'm only interested in the facts and the truth  In my opinion, you and others used neither in this thread, which is how liberals argue.

You're following a false narrative about Trump that YOU created.  Trump didn't create it, and the evidence proves that point.  Yet here you are, still arguing a point that is demonstrably false.  Have you even watched the video?

Hand's Up, Don't Shoot!   **nononono*
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline musiclady

« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2015, 09:22:38 pm »
I'm not a Trump supporter.  Please point to any post where I've supported him.  I just like to use reason and logic when following a narrative.  I'm only interested in the facts and the truth  In my opinion, you and others used neither in this thread, which is how liberals argue.

You're following a false narrative about Trump that YOU created.  Trump didn't create it, and the evidence proves that point.  Yet here you are, still arguing a point that is demonstrably false.  Have you even watched the video?

Hand's Up, Don't Shoot!   **nononono*

An absolutely absurd comparison with no basis in reality.

And again, not one single person who has a problem with Trump's continuing to say that he will exercise an authority 'when he is President' that no President has the Constitutional authority to exercise, has argued 'like a liberal.'

btw, I have removed my last post.  There is no point in continuing.  Good points have been made by many rational posters here.  No more needs to be said.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Carling

« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2015, 09:29:44 pm »
An absolutely absurd comparison with no basis in reality.

And again, not one single person who has a problem with Trump's continuing to say that he will exercise an authority 'when he is President' that no President has the Constitutional authority to exercise, has argued 'like a liberal.'

btw, I have removed my last post.  There is no point in continuing.  Good points have been made by many rational posters here.  No more needs to be said.

So you didn't watch the video.  This is exactly how a liberal argues, and I know you're not a liberal.  Liberals take words out of context.  If I were you, I'd watch the video, and then offer up some deserved apologies.  The arrogance of someone arguing about something they won't even watch tells me this board is going to implode soon.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2015, 09:39:04 pm »
So you didn't watch the video.  This is exactly how a liberal argues, and I know you're not a liberal.  Liberals take words out of context.  If I were you, I'd watch the video, and then offer up some deserved apologies.  The arrogance of someone arguing about something they won't even watch tells me this board is going to implode soon.

I'm glad you know I'm not a liberal.

I'm not even close to being liberal  (which is a large part of the reason I can't support Trump).

And this board is not even close to imploding, nor will it if people get a grip on their out of control emotions.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 09:40:02 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Carling

« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2015, 09:57:04 pm »

And this board is not even close to imploding, nor will it if people get a grip on their out of control emotions.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, because I've always appreciated your posts and have never had any beefs with you, but I do think you could heed your own advice on this as well. 

Trump is bringing out strong emotions on both sides of whatever the latest argument is over him.  All I ask is that posters actually educate themselves with all available information, such as watching a simple video in this instance, prior to creating a false narrative.   :beer:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2015, 10:37:33 pm »
I'm glad you know I'm not a liberal.

I'm not even close to being liberal  (which is a large part of the reason I can't support Trump).

1)  Nobody called you a liberal... you were charged with using liberal tactics because you got yourself painted into a corner.  Rather than admit your mistake, your pride wouldn't allow it, and you just kept digging.   You tried to change the point of the argument/debate more than once.

2)  regarding the above bold....you're projecting.   In fact, a more rational person would have realize their error here and apologized.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2015, 10:37:53 pm »
I'm not trying to be a jerk, because I've always appreciated your posts and have never had any beefs with you, but I do think you could heed your own advice on this as well. 

Trump is bringing out strong emotions on both sides of whatever the latest argument is over him.  All I ask is that posters actually educate themselves with all available information, such as watching a simple video in this instance, prior to creating a false narrative.   :beer:

I just wrote a long response to your post which disappeared from my laptop.  I'm not going to try to reconstruct it but I will say this instead..

I will never think that you are being a jerk because I've never seen that in you.
I am now, and have been throughout this thread, completely calm.   I don't like Trump, but I don't hate him either, and I have received some of the most venomous posts on any forum from those who support him just because I don't.
This forum is doing just fine, and nothing said here is what would have been posted by liberals. Go back and read the thread again.  See where the emotion is coming from.
The problem with this comment by Trump is that it is part of a pattern and that pattern is not a 'false narrative.'  The man has problems with his ego and the power he thinks he will have if he's elected.  He is decidedly NOT conservative, and doesn't seem to know anything about what his constitutional powers will be if he's elected.

I don't want any more problems here on this thread.  I will put DC on Ignore for a while until he calms down and hope he understands what he's risking losing by his anger at those who disagree with him.

Take care, Carling.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2015, 10:44:23 pm »
I don't remember how to put people on Ignore (I haven't needed to until now).   Can someone remind me?

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2015, 10:44:44 pm »
If I may interject something. Just a reminder, Trump doesn't calculate his statements like we are used to getting from politicians. He just opens his mouth and speaks. Some people hate that; it's unnerving to them.

In this day and age, an uncalculated statement from the President can lead to WWIII.    As much fun as he may be listening too, I don't want the loudmouth guy at the end of the bar running the country. Give me a calculating Statesmen,  a Ronald Reagan, Margaret Thatcher, Winston Churchill every time. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2015, 10:46:44 pm »
1)  Nobody called you a liberal... you were charged with using liberal tactics because you got yourself painted into a corner.  Rather than admit your mistake, your pride wouldn't allow it, and you just kept digging.   You tried to change the point of the argument/debate more than once.

2)  regarding the above bold....you're projecting.   In fact, a more rational person would have realize their error here and apologized.

As soon as I find out how, I'm putting you on Ignore.

You are really out of control, and I don't need any more of your false accusations.  Even though I know you're just making them up because of your anger, I don't want to read the garbage you're posting about me any more.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2015, 10:53:00 pm »
As soon as I find out how, I'm putting you on Ignore.

You are really out of control, and I don't need any more of your false accusations.  Even though I know you're just making them up because of your anger, I don't want to read the garbage you're posting about me any more.

What garbage, musiclady?

Not one other person who was part of your dog pack has come back to defend their initial posts regarding the thread topic.

Only YOU have refused to accept the proof shown that your entire premise regarding Trump's statement is false.

What in the hell is wrong with you today?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2015, 10:55:43 pm »
What garbage, musiclady?

Not one other person who was part of your dog pack has come back to defend their initial posts regarding the thread topic.

Only YOU have refused to accept the proof shown that your entire premise regarding Trump's statement is false.

What in the hell is wrong with you today?

"Dog pack" = garbage

I'm still here because you targeted me, and not the others.

Or maybe they're just smart enough to stay away from you when you lose control.

Last post to you. Maybe for a very long time......

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2015, 10:56:28 pm »
I don't remember how to put people on Ignore (I haven't needed to until now).   Can someone remind me?

Click on your name and then the modify profile link.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2015, 10:58:49 pm »
Click on your name and then the modify profile link.

Thank you!

Done.

(Relief!)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 11:04:12 pm by musiclady »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2015, 11:02:58 pm »
In this day and age, an uncalculated statement from the President can lead to WWIII.    As much fun as he may be listening too, I don't want the loudmouth guy at the end of the bar running the country. Give me a calculating Statesmen,  a Ronald Reagan, Margaret Thatcher, Winston Churchill every time.

Well, you've named three of the best ever in my opinion.  :beer:

Churchill was notorious for the graceful taunts he made of his political enemies. I have a feeling that after his bottle of Brandy he may have run his mouth a bit too much himself.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2015, 11:42:28 pm »

Here is the photo the media will never show....the overflowing crowd of Trump supporters when Trump said that he was going to send troops into every store in America to force people to say "Merry Christmas" instead of Happy Holidays.

:smokin:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2015, 11:51:44 pm »
What a shame...two posters who have been friends for years... **nononono*
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2015, 11:54:24 pm »
What a shame...two posters who have been friends for years... **nononono*

I still love her.   

But she was wrong and needed a dose of tough love reality.

This Trump Derangement Syndrome is getting out of hand here.   

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #120 on: October 26, 2015, 12:01:16 am »
I still love her.   

But she was wrong and needed a dose of tough love reality.

This Trump Derangement Syndrome is getting out of hand here.

There is no "syndrome" DC.  Trump says outrageous crap and we respond to it. He says things we expect Democrats to say and we respond.  He makes personal ad hominem comments about his opponents and we respond.

You hitched your wagon to an entertainer who makes his living pandering and garnering attention.  And who has a very thin skin.  So get ready for more of it.

If the Republicans nominate this man in 2016, we are going to go down in flames, and I think,deep down, you know that.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #121 on: October 26, 2015, 12:08:11 am »
I believe President Trump will guarantee that it will be okay to again say Merry Christmas in public without fear of repercussions--because he will be leading millions of Christians across this great nation to say it at will.  I like that.   A lot.

And, yes, your argument is nonsense. 

:bigsilly:

let me repeat:

:bigsilly:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #122 on: October 26, 2015, 12:09:03 am »
There is no "syndrome" DC.  Trump says outrageous crap and we respond to it. He says things we expect Democrats to say and we respond.  He makes personal ad hominem comments about his opponents and we respond.

You hitched your wagon to an entertainer who makes his living pandering and garnering attention.  And who has a very thin skin.  So get ready for more of it.

If the Republicans nominate this man in 2016, we are going to go down in flames, and I think,deep down, you know that.

That's your opinion Sink - others don't agree with you and their voices deserve to be heard too.  It's not a one-way street.  Most of us try to be civil in our tone and not make it personal, but sometimes it becomes like....shall I say.....mass hysteria? 

The video in question discounted the claims made by many, but I haven't heard anyone say they watched it and realized they may have jumped the gun.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #123 on: October 26, 2015, 12:22:27 am »
That's your opinion Sink - others don't agree with you and their voices deserve to be heard too.  It's not a one-way street.  Most of us try to be civil in our tone and not make it personal, but sometimes it becomes like....shall I say.....mass hysteria? 

The video in question discounted the claims made by many, but I haven't heard anyone say they watched it and realized they may have jumped the gun.

I watched it. Trump disingenuously brought up his own denomination so that he could bring up Carson's.  Nobody except Trump seems to care what religion anyone follows.  There was no "context" to Trump's remarks.  He took a shot at Carson but will never admit it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2015, 12:27:32 am »

I'm not so sure, Sink.

But again confess, I thought it was Romney in a landslide....especially after four years of Barack AND Obamacare...how it was passed.