Author Topic: Trump triples down on George W. Bush’s responsibility for 9/11  (Read 10935 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Trump triples down on George W. Bush’s responsibility for 9/11
« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2015, 12:48:59 am »
About Trump lacking character. Your opinion, right? Because I'm not aware of anyone making that charge who actually knows Trump or who worked with him. Do you? I assume people having direct interaction with someone would be in better position to judge whether that person lacks character.

I'd like the opportunity to hear from those folks. Because the middle of a political campaign is where truth gets buried and character goes to get assassinated.

I'm basing my opinion on observation of multiple statements made by Mr. Trump.  I accept the fact that others may not share my observations, but I am basing it on actual things he has said....

Like that 9/11 was Bush's fault.  It's not true, and it's Democrat propaganda.

Period.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #176 on: October 20, 2015, 12:58:00 am »
I'm basing my opinion on observation of multiple statements made by Mr. Trump.  I accept the fact that others may not share my observations, but I am basing it on actual things he has said....

Like that 9/11 was Bush's fault.  It's not true, and it's Democrat propaganda.

Period.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=183465
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #177 on: October 20, 2015, 01:47:47 am »

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=183465

"Soft trutherism" is a perfect way to describe Trump's view of 9/11.

Disgusting.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2015, 01:56:21 am »
"Soft trutherism" is a perfect way to describe Trump's view of 9/11.

Disgusting.

Don't hold back.  Tell us how you really feel.

Oceander

« Reply #179 on: October 20, 2015, 01:58:59 am »
And yet Chris Wallace noted that Trump spoke to a group of Hispanic business leaders this week -- a group the media had assumed would be hostile -- and half the people in the room supported the guy.  I think you are overthinking the power of specific political positions, and underthinking the power of celebrity and being a pop icon in America as it exists today.  That Hispanic lady waving her flag screaming Meester Troomp, Meester Troomp!  He gonna fix everything!  It's not rational, but then people are not rational, a fact that Trump the brilliant marketer completely understands.

If Trump wins the GOP nomination I predict he will wipe the floor against Hillary Clinton.  It will not even be close.  It will be cast as a race between a successful and super-competent outsider who will go in and clean up Washington, versus a failed and corrupt professional politician from the establishment who personally surrendered the USA's credibility as a world leader.  No contest.

And business leaders fully represent all of those voters who would identify as hispanic?

Beyond which, you merely illustrate my point:  there are so many ways in which republican values are consonant with those of traditional hispanic culture, and yet we continually drive them away from us by emphasizing not our common values, but specious trivialities that drive us apart, like ethnic derivation and skin color.

Honestly, the only real difference between the GOP and Charlie Brown is that the GOP keeps yanking its own ball away.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #180 on: October 20, 2015, 02:03:55 am »
Funny........... I've gone over the last couple of pages multiple times and it was clear to me that you misunderstood what I said.

But let's give the point to you that it was confusing.

It certainly was.  Thank you for admitting it.

Since that first post, I've made it abundantly clear what I meant, and you still won't accept what I've said.

That means that you must think I'm not telling the truth, and that is very disturbing.

Read my last four posts and try to understand what I said.  It IS what I said in the first post, but again, if it was easily misunderstood, I more than cleared it up.

A word to the wise??

Please ML....stop.

The reason for this entire misunderstanding is because you weren't clear to begin with.   

I don't read the "new replies" to the end and then go back and reply to specific ones.  Respond as I read them.

I've said I have enormous respect for you....yet you insist that I'm inferring you're a liar and your find it "disturbing".

Seems YOU have the issues you need to deal with...not me.

Good evening.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 02:04:26 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #181 on: October 20, 2015, 02:34:10 am »
It certainly was.  Thank you for admitting it.

Please ML....stop.

The reason for this entire misunderstanding is because you weren't clear to begin with.   

I don't read the "new replies" to the end and then go back and reply to specific ones.  Respond as I read them.

I've said I have enormous respect for you....yet you insist that I'm inferring you're a liar and your find it "disturbing".

Seems YOU have the issues you need to deal with...not me.

Good evening.

You're clinging to your own misunderstanding in spite of the fact that it was repeatedly cleared up for you.

That's not 'enormous respect' DC.  That's enormous disrespect.

I don't really like what your love for Trump has done to you.......

Next time I won't bother trying to have a rational discussion with you on the subject of your love.

It doesn't work....

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #182 on: October 20, 2015, 09:48:42 am »
What I have observed from some of Trump's devotees is that they seem to be beyond embarrassment.  All the things about Trump that should embarrass a reasonable, thoughtful person make them love him more.

I think it's because his most negative qualities are what they like best.  It's all about getting even, and not about doing what's best for the country.

I only hope that those who are most vocal in their support of the insupportable are still a minority in the Republican party and that there are enough people who still think, rather than react from pure emotion who can overcome this unfortunate Trump-mania.

....and YOU say that YOU'VE been shown enormous disrespect.....    :whistle:

ML....pot, kettle, black.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #183 on: October 20, 2015, 01:49:14 pm »
....and YOU say that YOU'VE been shown enormous disrespect.....    :whistle:

ML....pot, kettle, black.

You missed the word "SOME" DC.  THAT, my good friend, is your problem.  I was talking about some, not ALL Trump devotees, and you falsely assumed I was talking about you.  (I wasn't).

I ask you once again.....  PLEASE read the words that are actually there, realize who has written them, and then respond.

This entire conversation has been based on your MISunderstanding of what I actually said..... and you are still arguing a point that has no basis.  On the occasions where I have misunderstood what some one said, thinking it was said about me, when that person said that I wasn't talking about them, I believed them.  So here goes........... I was NOT talking about you.  Do you respect me enough to believe that, or are you going to continue to argue based on your perception and not reality?

Bottom line.....I hope next time you will realize that I respect you, that you will read what I say more carefully, that you will actually believe what I say when I clarify,  and that you will stop being so stinking defensive about a guy you happen to support in the Republican primary.   I'm not going to stop saying what I think about Trump because you might be offended.  I'm going to trust that you mean you respect me, even though sometimes it doesn't seem like it.

If you kill friendships because of politics, shame on you........  I don't like Trump.  You do.  I can deal with it.  Can you??

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #184 on: October 20, 2015, 03:00:08 pm »
Posted by: musiclady
« on: Today at 09:49:14 AM

Bottom line.....I hope next time you will realize that I respect you, that you will read what I say more carefully, that you will actually believe what I say when I clarify,  and that you will stop being so stinking defensive about a guy you happen to support in the Republican primary.   I'm not going to stop saying what I think about Trump because you might be offended.  I'm going to trust that you mean you respect me, even though sometimes it doesn't seem like it.

But what you said before that:

Quote from: musiclady on October 19, 2015, 08:42:00 AM

What I have observed from some of Trump's devotees is that they seem to be beyond embarrassment.  All the things about Trump that should embarrass a reasonable, thoughtful person make them love him more.

I think it's because his most negative qualities are what they like best.  It's all about getting even, and not about doing what's best for the country.

I only hope that those who are most vocal in their support of the insupportable are still a minority in the Republican party and that there are enough people who still think, rather than react from pure emotion who can overcome this unfortunate Trump-mania.

What you say about Trump is fair-game musiclady - it's politics.  But what you said about his supporters, even though you said "some" of his supporters is what is hurtful.  There's been plenty of complaints about supporters of candidates being slammed for being supporters.  Everyone likes to say it is a two-way street, but frankly, it just seems like open season on people that say anything supportive of Donald Trump.

I can understand why DC felt disrepected, he has been a vocal supporter of Donald Trump - one of those "some" supporters.  Why do people that dislike Trump have to slam his supporters too?  I don't see that happening to supporters of other candidates on this forum. 

:shrug:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #185 on: October 20, 2015, 03:58:47 pm »
I said some.  I meant some.

I'm going to keep saying some when I mean some.

DC knows me.  You know me.

If I'm being too sensitive, you feel free to correct me.  Do the same with DC.

Finished.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #186 on: October 20, 2015, 04:35:58 pm »
I said some.  I meant some.

I'm going to keep saying some when I mean some.

DC knows me.  You know me.

If I'm being too sensitive, you feel free to correct me.  Do the same with DC.

Finished.

Just returned....and wanted to say this last one thing.

The reason I felt you were addressing me as being "beyond embarrassment" is because 1) this is my thread.  2)  I am virtually the only vocal supported of Trump on this thread.

OTOH...there are many, many vocal anti-Trumpers on this forum.   Yet, you got all bent out of shape at the thought somebody was singling you out as a "hater".

Thank you.

Finished.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #187 on: October 20, 2015, 04:37:32 pm »
Hope everybody is listening to the first hour of Rush's show right now....    :laugh:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #188 on: October 20, 2015, 04:44:34 pm »
some
[suhm; unstressed suh m]
Spell Syllables
Word Origin
adjective
1. being an undetermined or unspecified one:
Some person may object.
2. (used with plural nouns) certain:
Some days I stay home.
3. of a certain unspecified number, amount, degree, etc.:
to some extent.
4. unspecified but considerable in number, amount, degree, etc.:
We talked for some time. He was here some weeks.
5. Informal. of impressive or remarkable quality, consequence, extent, etc.:
That was some storm.
pronoun
6. certain persons, individuals, instances, etc., not specified:
Some think he is dead.
7. an unspecified number, amount, etc., as distinguished from the rest or in addition:
He paid a thousand dollars and then some.
adverb
8. (used with numerals and with words expressing degree, extent, etc.) approximately; about:
Some 300 were present.
9. Informal. to some degree or extent; somewhat :
I like baseball some. She is feeling some better today.
10. Informal. to a great degree or extent; considerably:
That's going some.

Origin of some
Middle EnglishOld English
900before 900; Middle English (adj. and pronoun); Old English sum orig., someone; cognate with Middle Low German, Middle High German sum, Old Norse sumr, Gothic sums
Can be confused
some, sum (see usage note at the current entry)
Usage note
As pronouns, both some and any may be used in affirmative or negative questions: Will you(won't you) have some? Do you (don't you) have any? But some is used in affirmative statements and answers: You may have some. Yes, I'd like some.And in negative statements and answers, any is the usual choice: I don't care for any. No, I can't take any.
-some1
1. a native English suffix formerly used in the formation of adjectives:
quarrelsome; burdensome.
Origin
Middle English; Old English -sum; akin to Gothic -sama, German -sam; see same
-some2
1. a collective suffix used with numerals:
twosome; threesome.
Origin
Middle English -sum, Old English sum; special use of some (pronoun)
-some3
1. a combining form meaning “body,” used in the formation of compound words:
chromosome.
Expand
Also, -soma.
Origin Expand
< Greek sôma body; see soma1
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2015.

British Dictionary definitions for some
some
/sʌm; unstressed səm/
determiner
1. (a) certain unknown or unspecified: some lunatic drove into my car, some people never learn
(as pronoun; functioning as sing or plural): some can teach and others can't
2. an unknown or unspecified quantity or amount of: there's some rice on the table, he owns some horses
(as pronoun; functioning as sing or plural): we'll buy some
3. a considerable number or amount of: he lived some years afterwards
a little: show him some respect
4. (usually stressed) ( informal) an impressive or remarkable: that was some game!
5. a certain amount (more) (in the phrases some more and (informal) and then some)
6. about; approximately: he owes me some thirty pounds
adverb
7. (US, not standard) to a certain degree or extent: I guess I like him some
Word Origin
Old English sum; related to Old Norse sumr, Gothic sums, Old High German sum some, Sanskrit samá any, Greek hamē somehow

-some1
suffix
1. characterized by; tending to: awesome, tiresome
Word Origin
Old English -sum; related to Gothic -sama, German -sam
-some2
suffix
1. indicating a group of a specified number of members: threesome
Word Origin
Old English sum, special use of some (determiner)
-some3
/-səʊm/
combining form
1. a body: chromosome
Word Origin
from Greek sōma body
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition
© William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012

Word Origin and History for some
adj.
Old English sum "some, a, a certain one, something, a certain quantity; a certain number;" with numerals "out of" (e.g. sum feowra "one of four"); from Proto-Germanic *suma- (cf. Old Saxon, Old Frisian, Old High German sum, Old Norse sumr, Gothic sums), from PIE *smm-o-, suffixed form of root *sem- (1) "one," also "as one" (adv.), "together with" (see same ). For substitution of -o- for -u-, see come.

The word has had greater currency in English than in the other Teutonic languages, in some of which it is now restricted to dialect use, or represented only by derivatives or compounds .... [OED]
As a pronoun from c.1100; as an adverb from late 13c. Meaning "remarkable" is attested from 1808, American English colloquial. A possessive form is attested from 1560s, but always was rare. Many combination forms ( somewhat, sometime, somewhere) were in Middle English but often written as two words till 17-19c. Somewhen is rare and since 19c. used almost exclusively in combination with the more common compounds; somewho "someone" is attested from late 14c. but did not endure. Scott (1816) has somegate "somewhere, in some way, somehow," and somekins "some kind of a" is recorded from c.1200. Get some "have sexual intercourse" is attested 1899 in a quote attributed to Abe Lincoln from c.1840.
-some
word-forming element used in making adjectives from nouns or adjectives (and sometimes verbs) and meaning "tending to; causing; to a considerable degree," from Old English -sum, identical with som (see some ). Cf. Old Frisian -sum, German -sam, Old Norse -samr ; also related to same.

suffix added to numerals meaning "a group of (that number)," e.g. twosome, from pronoun use of Old English sum "some" (see some ). Originally a separate word used with the genitive plural (e.g. sixa sum "six-some"); the inflection disappeared in Middle English and the pronoun was absorbed. Use of some with a number meaning "approximately" also was in Old English.

word-forming element meaning "the body," Modern Latin, from Greek soma "the body" (see somato- ).

Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
Cite This Source
some in Medicine Expand
-some suff.

Body: centrosome.

Chromosome: autosome.

The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Cite This Source
Slang definitions & phrases for some Expand
solid
adjective

Wonderful; remarkable; great, groovy • Said to have been used regularly by Louis Armstrong : Man, what solid jive/ That's solid, Willie, let's get together and blow (1920+ Jazz musicians)

The Dictionary of American Slang, Fourth Edition by Barbara Ann Kipfer, PhD. and Robert L. Chapman, Ph.D.
Copyright (C) 2007 by HarperCollins Publishers.
Cite This Source
Idioms and Phrases with some
some
see:
and then some
catch some rays
catch some z's
dig up (some dirt)
in a (some) sense
in some measure
one of these days (some day)
take some doing
to some degree
win some, lose some

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #189 on: October 20, 2015, 04:58:51 pm »
Hope everybody is listening to the first hour of Rush's show right now....    :laugh:

I am!  Rush is right as always!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #190 on: October 20, 2015, 05:00:39 pm »
Trump Doubles Down on Bush 9/11 Remarks: ‘They Did Know It Was Coming’

....Trump doubled down on that claim on CNN and claimed they knew the 9/11 attacks were coming and “didn’t really work on it.”

“[L]ook, his brother gets hit on, he’s a loyal person, and he’s loyal to his brother. But his brother made some mistakes. His brother could have made a mistake with the actual hit because they did know it was coming. And George Tenet, the head of the CIA told him that it was coming. So, they did have advanced notice and they didn’t really work on it....

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/10/20/trump-doubles-down-on-bush-911-remarks-they-did-know-it-was-coming/

Offline flowers

« Reply #191 on: October 20, 2015, 05:11:42 pm »
I am!  Rush is right as always!
What was the subject?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #192 on: October 20, 2015, 05:27:10 pm »

The reason I felt you were addressing me as being "beyond embarrassment" is because 1) this is my thread.  2)  I am virtually the only vocal supported of Trump on this thread.

OTOH...there are many, many vocal anti-Trumpers on this forum.   Yet, you got all bent out of shape at the thought somebody was singling you out as a "hater".

Thank you.

Finished.

Actually, I didn't 'get bent out of shape,' and when it was stated that no one was referring to me as a 'hater,' I accepted it and moved on.

That's my point.

You kept fighting when I had cleared it up, thus you were the only one who was 'bent out of shape' at any point in time.

Since you misunderstood my first post, you should have accepted it when I said I wasn't talking about you, just as I did when others said they weren't talking about me.  (Check it out if you don't believe me.  I moved on and didn't argue the point).

Get it yet?

"SOME" doesn't always include you. .....

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #193 on: October 20, 2015, 05:28:18 pm »
What was the subject?

He clarified and expounded on yesterday's show regarding Trump putting Jeb Bush on the defensive...having to stand up for his brother.

Also regarding his giving Hillary "cover" for Thursday's hearing.

He also gave Trump huge kudos for writing in his book PRE-911...in 2000, regarding OBL and a coming attack.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #194 on: October 20, 2015, 06:18:30 pm »
He clarified and expounded on yesterday's show regarding Trump putting Jeb Bush on the defensive...having to stand up for his brother.

He also gave Trump huge kudos for writing in his book PRE-911...in 2000, regarding OBL and a coming attack.

Just read Rush's comments online.  His take and mine are almost identical.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #195 on: October 20, 2015, 06:22:41 pm »

Caught most of it. Rush certainly has grown in his excellence.

Offline flowers

« Reply #196 on: October 20, 2015, 06:43:19 pm »

Thanks

Offline musiclady

« Reply #197 on: October 20, 2015, 08:52:49 pm »

Thank you.

Finished.

I'm going to take one last stab at this, DC, because I do like and respect you....

You have said many times that this forum is different because we have built relationships with each other........ sort of like family.

I agree with you about that, which is why I'm not quite ready for you to 'win' this strange argument you have waged..

When you (and others) talked about "haters" and I misunderstood and thought you were talking about me, and then you clarified that you were not....... I BELIEVED you and let it go.  I totally trusted that you meant what you said, and still do.

Now the shoe is on the other foot, and you have misunderstood and thought that when I said "some" I was referring to you.  I have explained to you that I was not, but you DIDN'T believe me, and have continued to argue for how long? 48 hours??

As much as I would like for you to trust me, I will reluctantly accept that you think I'm not telling the truth, and try to move on.  But I have to say that, in spite of our disagreements, I thought the relationship we had trumped (no pun intended) the things we disagreed on.  I'm not sure now that that is true for you.

I will not walk on eggshells when I talk about Trump, nor when I refer to SOME of his followers.  There is still a long way before the election, and I'm not going to willfully stifle my free speech, but I am also not ready to abandon the friendship I thought we had. 

I'm going to continue to say what I think.  Just try to remember who I am and where my words are coming from, and we may still be OK.  (That's totally up to you).

Now I will leave, and you may continue the discussion on your thread.......   

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #198 on: October 20, 2015, 09:59:04 pm »
I'm going to take one last stab at this, DC, because I do like and respect you....

You have said many times that this forum is different because we have built relationships with each other........ sort of like family.

I agree with you about that, which is why I'm not quite ready for you to 'win' this strange argument you have waged..

When you (and others) talked about "haters" and I misunderstood and thought you were talking about me, and then you clarified that you were not....... I BELIEVED you and let it go.  I totally trusted that you meant what you said, and still do.

Now the shoe is on the other foot, and you have misunderstood and thought that when I said "some" I was referring to you.  I have explained to you that I was not, but you DIDN'T believe me, and have continued to argue for how long? 48 hours??

As much as I would like for you to trust me, I will reluctantly accept that you think I'm not telling the truth, and try to move on.  But I have to say that, in spite of our disagreements, I thought the relationship we had trumped (no pun intended) the things we disagreed on.  I'm not sure now that that is true for you.

I will not walk on eggshells when I talk about Trump, nor when I refer to SOME of his followers.  There is still a long way before the election, and I'm not going to willfully stifle my free speech, but I am also not ready to abandon the friendship I thought we had. 

I'm going to continue to say what I think.  Just try to remember who I am and where my words are coming from, and we may still be OK.  (That's totally up to you).

Now I will leave, and you may continue the discussion on your thread.......

Love you, musiclady!   :laugh:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #199 on: October 20, 2015, 10:28:03 pm »
Love you, musiclady!   :laugh:

The feeling is mutual!  :beer:

(And thanks!)