Author Topic: Trump triples down on George W. Bush’s responsibility for 9/11  (Read 11063 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Trump triples down on George W. Bush’s responsibility for 9/11
« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2015, 03:31:04 am »
And that is why I have no faith in republicans - especially conservatives - nor in the American people in general.  The same stupid f*cking idiots who elected Obama will be the same f*cking stupid idiots who elect Trump.

It's not a matter of not being able to grasp reality, it's a matter of not being willing to settle for demagoguery and mobocracy just because the mob of the day calls itself conservative.

I can deal with Trump being the GOP nominee - as I have said repeatedly, I am not an untrustworthy fair weather friend and will vote for him if he is the GOP nominee for the general election - and it is precisely that willingness to seize the sharp end of the sword, notwithstanding the wounds, that gives me the right to call out the whole truth to the rest of you, no matter how much of a Cassandra that makes me.

Oceander....we were given fair warning from Myst that the language has to be tempered here.

There's no reason with 'Batman and Robin' gone that we have to resort to cursing in order to make a point.  The eff word should be off limits, don't you think?  Why not pick another?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2015, 03:32:40 am »
OK boss. I won't refer to any of Trump's followers as dumbasses anymore.

:laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2015, 03:35:49 am »
Note this is the only thread that appears in the info center, which means for the last hour or so no one on this site has posted anything about anything other than Trump.  How do you ignore a man with that kind of power to command the attention of people, even people like us, who are well-informed and politically astute?  It's scary, I tell you.  Downright scary.  And awesome at the same time.

This has been an extremely interesting thread for me, thank you massadvj and everyone one who has contributed. 

I have a ton of TV to watch.  The Good Wife, Walking Dead, Homeland, Once Upon a Time, Last Man on Earth, Comic Book Men, and Last Week with John Oliver have new episodes tonight.  I hope I get through the first 3 before I fall asleep.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2015, 03:36:29 am »
If they wish to insist on labeling us as "haters" then they'll just have to put up with the less incendiary label of dumbass.

So, IOW....you're telling us there is a moral equivalency between being called a dumbass and being called a Trump hater.

Gimme a break!    :whistle:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2015, 03:39:04 am »
This has been an extremely interesting thread for me, thank you massadvj and everyone one who has contributed. 

I have a ton of TV to watch.  The Good Wife, Walking Dead, Homeland, Once Upon a Time, Last Man on Earth, Comic Book Men, and Last Week with John Oliver have new episodes tonight.  I hope I get through the first 3 before I fall asleep.

Just watched Homeland.  Yikes......  getting set to watch Walking Dead.   Watched a couple episodes of the spin-off of ARROW, called FLASH.   :laugh:

« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2015, 03:40:22 am »
He is untouchable because he has branded himself on attributes not related to political ideology.  Therefore, he cannot be defeated based on political ideology.  In business school parlance, he has shifted the paradigm.  And he has done so while those of us who have been at this a while continue to scratch our heads in disbelief.

That is as good a theory as any I can think of.  If true then maybe the other candidates should be attacking his business success.  I'll need to think on that more.  Thank you for the response.

« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2015, 03:41:49 am »
Just watched Homeland.  Yikes......  getting set to watch Walking Dead.   Watched a couple episodes of the spin-off of ARROW, called FLASH.   :laugh:

I'm actually enjoying Flash more than Arrow.  It's fun instead of gloomy.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 03:43:46 am by Once-Ler »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2015, 03:42:09 am »
I agree.  I know I am unhealthy obsessed with Trump to such a point that I have taken breaks from this forum because I became repulsed by the vile and bitter things I was posting to people I admire and respect.  I sometimes feel like a mad man who knows he is insane.  That knowledge does not fix the problem but it does offer me the insight to look outside myself and separate my frustration.

I wonder if any Trump supporters know and can admit they have lost their philosophical objectivity?

You're a good man, Once-Ler.   :beer:

And regarding my lost philosophical objectivity....I picked Romney in a landslide right up to Election Day afternoon.    :laugh:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2015, 03:52:37 am »
That is as good a theory as any I can think of.  If true then maybe the other candidates should be attacking his business success.  I'll need to think on that more.  Thank you for the response.

I think the attack ad I would fear most if I was Trump is the testimony from widows who held Trump bonds and depended on them for their retirement income, only to have their entire life savings pulled out from under them by Trump declaring bankruptcy.  If I were Jeb Bush, that is what I would be preparing right now, complete with crocodile tears and maybe sickness brought on by all the stress from losing their pensions, all because they trusted Trump.

And then maybe Trump claiming that the people he defaulted on were only ruthless bankers who deserved it.

« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2015, 03:55:10 am »
You're a good man, Once-Ler.   :beer:

You are a man of refined character and taste to notice. :laugh:

And regarding my lost philosophical objectivity....I picked Romney in a landslide right up to Election Day afternoon.    :laugh:

The polls made fools of us all my friend.

« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2015, 04:00:33 am »
I think the attack ad I would fear most if I was Trump is the testimony from widows who held Trump bonds and depended on them for their retirement income, only to have their entire life savings pulled out from under them by Trump declaring bankruptcy.  If I were Jeb Bush, that is what I would be preparing right now, complete with crocodile tears and maybe sickness brought on by all the stress from losing their pensions, all because they trusted Trump.

And then maybe Trump claiming that the people he defaulted on were only ruthless bankers who deserved it.

It is perplexing to me that neither Rubio or Bush seem interested in taking on Trump, but instead seem hellbent on taking on Rubio and Bush.  Perhaps they too are baffled by the Teflon Don, but it is making me wonder how much they want the job, and further whether they deserve it.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #136 on: October 19, 2015, 11:08:32 am »
What I see is a guy who can reposition himself on a whim and pay no political price.  That makes him unbeatable from a marketing standpoint.  All he has to do is continually move around the ring and run out the clock.

I've used the "rope a dope" analogy before. It seems to fit. The last man standing works in pugilism and politics.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2015, 12:04:11 pm »
It is perplexing to me that neither Rubio or Bush seem interested in taking on Trump, but instead seem hellbent on taking on Rubio and Bush.  Perhaps they too are baffled by the Teflon Don, but it is making me wonder how much they want the job, and further whether they deserve it.

I think there are a lot of things being held until just before the elections begin. :baghead: has been in front of the cameras so much, they could air hours of embarrassing comments and moments (just his WWE antics alone could fill a news segment). Wait until it has maximum impact. Make people embarrassed to vote for him.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #138 on: October 19, 2015, 12:33:59 pm »
You have.  I have not felt compelled to argue against your point that Trump will be ineffective.

I was wrong.  Call the neighbors, wake the kids, and mark it on the calendars.  I thought Trump would fade as reality set in.  I still think there is time for Republicans to wake up, but like Governor Walker I too fear that Trump could win. 

Regardless of how ineffective he might be, President Trump is now a very concrete nightmare for me, perhaps more terrifying than President Hillary or Sanders.

not because of what President Trump may do...but because what it says about the GOP voters.

This is the bottom line for me.  It says that GOP voters don't care a whit for conservative values, ethics, or principles.

This is a scary time for me.

The GOP has lost everything it has ever stood for if we select Trump as our nominee.

No more complaining from anyone about the "GOP-e."  We have sunk far deeper than the establishment ever could if we select Trump.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #139 on: October 19, 2015, 12:42:00 pm »
I think there are a lot of things being held until just before the elections begin. :baghead: has been in front of the cameras so much, they could air hours of embarrassing comments and moments (just his WWE antics alone could fill a news segment). Wait until it has maximum impact. Make people embarrassed to vote for him.

What I have observed from some of Trump's devotees is that they seem to be beyond embarrassment.  All the things about Trump that should embarrass a reasonable, thoughtful person make them love him more.

I think it's because his most negative qualities are what they like best.  It's all about getting even, and not about doing what's best for the country.

I only hope that those who are most vocal in their support of the insupportable are still a minority in the Republican party and that there are enough people who still think, rather than react from pure emotion who can overcome this unfortunate Trump-mania.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #140 on: October 19, 2015, 02:03:18 pm »

What I have observed from some of Trump's devotees is that they seem to be beyond embarrassment.  All the things about Trump that should embarrass a reasonable, thoughtful person make them love him more.

I think it's because his most negative qualities are what they like best.  It's all about getting even, and not about doing what's best for the country.

I only hope that those who are most vocal in their support of the insupportable are still a minority in the Republican party and that there are enough people who still think, rather than react from pure emotion who can overcome this unfortunate Trump-mania.

I am embarrassed.   Embarrassed that thoughtful, intelligent people whom I respect and read here still dream about "the old days".

Ronald Reagan is dead.  Gone.

And most of his followers and disciples are seasoned citizens who grew up in a completely different country than the one we live in today.

We have an entire generation of Millennials who can't start careers and are still living at home with their parents.  Those that do have jobs/careers are working in government.  They were NEVER taught the virtues of Reagan Conservatism. 

They weren't even born yet.  And they vote!

It's no different than you and I being expected to cherish the virtues of Calvin Coolidge. 

That's the REALITY in which we live today.

And with the social media complex being controlled by Progressives...Academia infested with Leftists...and Hollywood feeding our young a steady diet of Zombie apocalypses and gore...Conservatives have become pariahs in the eyes of the majority of Americans.

I am truly embarrassed indeed.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 02:04:26 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2015, 02:23:49 pm »
I am embarrassed.   Embarrassed that thoughtful, intelligent people whom I respect and read here still dream about "the old days".

And most of his followers and disciples are seasoned citizens who grew up in a completely different country than the one we live in today.

We have an entire generation of Millennials who can't start careers and are still living at home with their parents.  Those that do have jobs/careers are working in government.  They were NEVER taught the virtues of Reagan Conservatism. 

It's no different than you and I being expected to cherish the virtues of Calvin Coolidge. 

And with the social media complex being controlled by Progressives...Academia infested with Leftists...and Hollywood feeding our young a steady diet of Zombie apocalypses and gore...Conservatives have become pariahs in the eyes of the majority of Americans.

What does that have to do with Trump?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #142 on: October 19, 2015, 02:26:25 pm »
What does that have to do with Trump?

???

Isn't your 'problem' with Donald Trump his lack of Conservative bonafides?   That he's not "Conservative"?  Isn't that where it all stems?

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #143 on: October 19, 2015, 02:34:14 pm »

goopo

Offline aligncare

« Reply #144 on: October 19, 2015, 02:36:48 pm »

Just speculating, but I think DCs saying that Donald Trump is a product of 21st century social and political environment + seven years of obamanation. So, the old ways of pushing back progressivism won't work in this environment. Candidates gotta swim in these waters if they want to stay afloat. And Trump appears to be riding a wave of the establishment's making.

Crude, but I'm sticking to it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2015, 02:40:03 pm »
???

Isn't your 'problem' with Donald Trump his lack of Conservative bonafides?   That he's not "Conservative"?  Isn't that where it all stems?

Yes.......... that's part of it.  His lack of character, fundamental decency and respect is the other part.

But your post doesn't at all address why we need someone who is not conservative (present tense, not past), to be our nominee.

Somehow you missed making a connection between your complaint and your supposed solution.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2015, 05:26:57 pm »
Rush was discussing the whole Bush-is-responsible-for-9/11 on his show and pointed out that it is most likely cover for Hillary right before her appearance before the Benghazi hearing.  If Bush wasn't blamed, then neither should Hillary be blamed....

This supports the theory that Trump is in the race to help Hillary.  He brings up Bush and 9/11 (completely lacking facts to support his ridiculous statements), and it helps Hillary out....

It's a plausible theory because what Trump is doing from any other perspective makes no sense.

Offline flowers

« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2015, 05:54:08 pm »
Rush was discussing the whole Bush-is-responsible-for-9/11 on his show and pointed out that it is most likely cover for Hillary right before her appearance before the Benghazi hearing.  If Bush wasn't blamed, then neither should Hillary be blamed....

This supports the theory that Trump is in the race to help Hillary.  He brings up Bush and 9/11 (completely lacking facts to support his ridiculous statements), and it helps Hillary out....

It's a plausible theory because what Trump is doing from any other perspective makes no sense.
Was that on todays show? I have always had that in the back of my mind, he is in it to help Hil.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #148 on: October 19, 2015, 07:03:05 pm »
Trump is a stalking horse for Hillary and has been from the very beginning.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #149 on: October 19, 2015, 07:08:20 pm »
Was that on todays show? I have always had that in the back of my mind, he is in it to help Hil.

Yes.  I think it was on during the first hour. 

Rush didn't actually state that Trump was in it to help Hillary (he said something about its supporting Trump's immigration policy), but that what he was saying was not factually accurate.  Rush went through the details of how Bush didn't even have his cabinet in place, how the hijackers came in the country during the Clinton regime, and discussed the Gorelik wall between the FBI and CIA.

Trump is at the forefront of this pathetic attack on Bush, and it makes a false equivalency between Bush's culpability and Hillary's.

There is no logical reason to believe Trump's attack isn't designed to help Clinton, IMO.