Author Topic: Fox’s Perino Rips Trump for Pushing ‘Liberal Conspiracy Theories’ on 9/11: ‘Lunatic’ Stuff  (Read 3857 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Fox News’ Dana Perino, who served as one of George W. Bush‘s press secretaries, had some pretty harsh words for Donald Trump today over his attacks on the former president over 9/11.

She said it’s clearly a “dismal weekend when you have liberal conspiracy theories being introduced by the Republican frontrunner,” even going so far as to deem it “soft trutherism.”

Perino suggested maybe Trump should stop trying to attack people who Republicans actually like and maybe focus on broadening his appeal.

Even the left,” she claimed, “doesn’t do what Donald Trump does. Only the farthest right lunatics were truther. And this is now the Republican party?”

Source: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-perino-rips-trump-for-pushing-liberal-conspiracy-theories-on-911-lunatic-stuff/
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline sinkspur

Trump is jabbing at Bush, which means he's still worried about him.

For a guy who's led in the polls for four months, Trump is spooked by his opposition. He trashes Bush, Rubio, Fiorina and anybody else who sticks their heads up.

What a petty, vindictive little cretin.  Blaming GW Bush for 9/11.  Trump would have soiled his BVDs had this happened on his watch. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline kevindavis007

Trump is jabbing at Bush, which means he's still worried about him.

For a guy who's led in the polls for four months, Trump is spooked by his opposition. He trashes Bush, Rubio, Fiorina and anybody else who sticks their heads up.

What a petty, vindictive little cretin.  Blaming GW Bush for 9/11.  Trump would have soiled his BVDs had this happened on his watch.

I agree. Also notice Trump has yet to go after Ted Cruz..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline sinkspur

I agree. Also notice Trump has yet to go after Ted Cruz..

Cruz kisses his ass.  He's courting Trump's followers, in case Trump craters. He likely could give a damn about Donald Trump.

Offline musiclady

I heard her on The Five and loved her use of the words 'soft trutherism.'  That's exactly what Trump is exhibiting.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I heard her on The Five and loved her use of the words 'soft trutherism.'  That's exactly what Trump is exhibiting.

I like the term 'soft trutherism' too.  It is brilliant.

Offline faucetman

You should learn to listen. Trump DID NOT blame W for 9/11. He said so over and over. What Trump did say, is true. It was on W's watch. I voted for W TWICE. In hindsight, it was a mistake.

His first and likely biggest mistake was to promote Islam as "the religion of peace". It was just a few radical Muslims who attacked us and the rest of Muslims are pious, devout, religious, followers of god, that they call by a different name.(Allah). They chant  "Allahu Akbar" (Allah, (the name of god), is greater) as they chop peoples heads off. Bush said one profound thing, "You're either with us or with the terrorists", but then persuaded (I think) to be politically correct and praise most Muslims. Most, if not all, Muslims are with the terrorists since they acquiesce to the actions of the "so called" radicals. The "good" Muslims claim the "holy" Qur'an they worship is being misinterpreted and bastardized by the Jihadists. NONSENSE. The Qur'an and the other Islamic scriptures, say what they say. http://www.prophetofdoom.net/ is a website by an expert on Islam, Craig Winn. His entire extensive book is free for download or reading. If you want to know the truth about Islam, there you go.

The war in Iraq was a HUGE mistake. I was originally a supporter of the war, but again hindsight says it was a cluster blank. Our heroes were sacrificed for what? Humvees with canvas doors? The problem of dealing with IEDs was never solved. How many arms and legs were left in Iraq? How many bodies came home in a coffins? How many family members were and are still devastated by their losses? FOR WHAT? W just the left's Piñata, punching bag for FOURTEEN years. W let US down by not fighting back. Trump will be having none of that! He will fight back for himself and us, immediately without exception. Political correctness is dead to him. YES!

NO MORE BUSHES.

Offline EdinVA

You should learn to listen. Trump DID NOT blame W for 9/11. He said so over and over. What Trump did say, is true. It was on W's watch. I voted for W TWICE. In hindsight, it was a mistake.

His first and likely biggest mistake was to promote Islam as "the religion of peace". It was just a few radical Muslims who attacked us and the rest of Muslims are pious, devout, religious, followers of god, that they call by a different name.(Allah). They chant  "Allahu Akbar" (Allah, (the name of god), is greater) as they chop peoples heads off. Bush said one profound thing, "You're either with us or with the terrorists", but then persuaded (I think) to be politically correct and praise most Muslims. Most, if not all, Muslims are with the terrorists since they acquiesce to the actions of the "so called" radicals. The "good" Muslims claim the "holy" Qur'an they worship is being misinterpreted and bastardized by the Jihadists. NONSENSE. The Qur'an and the other Islamic scriptures, say what they say. http://www.prophetofdoom.net/ is a website by an expert on Islam, Craig Winn. His entire extensive book is free for download or reading. If you want to know the truth about Islam, there you go.

The war in Iraq was a HUGE mistake. I was originally a supporter of the war, but again hindsight says it was a cluster blank. Our heroes were sacrificed for what? Humvees with canvas doors? The problem of dealing with IEDs was never solved. How many arms and legs were left in Iraq? How many bodies came home in a coffins? How many family members were and are still devastated by their losses? FOR WHAT? W just the left's Piñata, punching bag for FOURTEEN years. W let US down by not fighting back. Trump will be having none of that! He will fight back for himself and us, immediately without exception. Political correctness is dead to him. YES!

NO MORE BUSHES.

:amen:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

NO MORE BUSHES.

:thumbsup:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

I like the term 'soft trutherism' too.  It is brilliant.

I know I always believe everything the media and government tell me is the truth.

I mean... if you can't trust the media and the government... who can you trust...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

The war in Iraq was a HUGE mistake. I was originally a supporter of the war, but again hindsight says it was a cluster blank. Our heroes were sacrificed for what? Humvees with canvas doors? The problem of dealing with IEDs was never solved. How many arms and legs were left in Iraq? How many bodies came home in a coffins? How many family members were and are still devastated by their losuses? FOR WHAT? W just the left's Piñata, punching bag for FOURTEEN years. W let US down by not fighting back. Trump will be having none of that! He will fight back for himself and us, immediately without exception. Political correctness is dead to him. YES!

NO MORE BUSHES.

Exactly. Trump was basically saying, "the buck stops there, at the president's desk."  Nothing more than that. The rest was his normal campaign rhetoric promoting how he would have been a better CiC, done a better job, yada yada. Self promotion, regular candidate spiel.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
You all know Craig Winn is the con artist behind Value America, right?

Still, No more Bushes, I totally agree with.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

Exactly. Trump was basically saying, "the buck stops there, at the president's desk."  Nothing more than that. The rest was his normal campaign rhetoric promoting how he would have been a better CiC, done a better job, yada yada. Self promotion, regular candidate spiel.

Trump is most certainly NOT a 'regular' candidate, and contrary to those here who claim otherwise, he did blame Bush for 9/11, claiming that if he had been president, it wouldn't have happened.

More Trump arrogant poppycock.

(btw, pretty much the only thing I agree on here is that Jeb Bush should not be President.  LOTS of good choices other than Trump or Bush).

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

NO MORE BUSHES.

I listened.

And I still strongly believe that going into Iraq was necessary and good.  What happened afterward was not good, but the surge corrected it, and we had an ally in the ME until Hussein Obama became President.

As far as "PC" is concerned, I think the Trump anti-Iraq rhetoric qualifies as PC.  He's got his finger to the wind, knows that Iraq wasn't a popular war (it was at first, just not after the leftist media got control of public opinion), so he's leeching onto it, even though it was completely inappropriate to blame 9/11 on Bush.

btw, being anti-Bush is also "PC."

Offline famousdayandyear

Maybe off topic, but I don't think so.

How Dana Perino has gainful employment in or out of government is beyond comprehension.  As an exercise, it is useful to compare her to Jean Kirkpatrick.

Offline sinkspur

How Dana Perino has gainful employment in or out of government is beyond comprehension.  As an exercise, it is useful to compare her to Jean Kirkpatrick.

Perino was very good as a Bush spokesperson, and is a valuable contributor on FOXNEWS.  Comparing her to Jean Kirkpatrick is akin to comparing Brett Baier to Ronald Reagan.

There is no basis for comparison.

Offline famousdayandyear

Perino was very good as a Bush spokesperson, and is a valuable contributor on FOXNEWS.  Comparing her to Jean Kirkpatrick is akin to comparing Brett Baier to Ronald Reagan.

There is no basis for comparison.

Shall we have a very politically correct 'agree to disagree'? 
Something tells me Ms. Perino has trouble generating an original thought.
But, hey, let's be friends, OK?

Offline Carling

May I ask which "liberal conspiracies" Trump is advancing?

Jeb said his brother kept America safe.  Trump responded that 9/11 happened under GWB.  That is a statement of fact.

Trump also has said that lax immigration laws helped lead to 9/11.  Jeb agrees with this opinion in his own book published in 2013.  That is a statement of fact.

Do facts even matter anymore, or is all politics emotional and personal at this time in history?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 11:36:25 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

I don't know, famous.

I remember her a bit from the Bush days, but now she's on Fox she's pretty much just another blond talking to the camera, far as I'm concerned. Couldn't tell her from a score of others without a caption showing her name.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline sinkspur

Shall we have a very politically correct 'agree to disagree'? 
Something tells me Ms. Perino has trouble generating an original thought.
But, hey, let's be friends, OK?

Fine. But your comparison is stupid, and you know it.

Offline sinkspur

May I ask which "liberal conspiracies" Trump is advancing?

Jeb said his brother kept America safe.  Trump responded that 9/11 happened under GWB.  That is a statement of fact.

Trump also has said that lax immigration laws helped lead to 9/11.  Jeb agrees with this opinion in his own book published in 2013.  That is a statement of fact.

Do facts even matter anymore, or is all politics emotional and personal at this time in history?

Oh, come on!  You know very well that Trump wanted to associate GW Bush with allowing 9/11 to happen, no matter how much he qualifies what he said.  Most people jumped to that conclusion, which is what orangutan-hair wanted to happen. His Bart Simpson act is phony.

And he also wants voters to jump to the conclusion that GW Bush could have changed immigration laws in a major way in eight months, but just didn't want to.

We're not as stupid as you think we are, Carling.

Offline famousdayandyear

Fine. But your comparison is stupid, and you know it.

This is the kind of personal attack you get away with all the time.
Why?  My guess is you have been "buddies" with the folks here from the beginning of time.  And that buys you acceptance, no matter what kind of responses you post here.

But you tell me, without attacking me, why my comparison is 'stupid'.
Go ahead.  Let loose.  The mods will leave you alone.  Promise.

Offline aligncare

The latter. You know about politics and religion. Very personal stuff. May be wedged somewhere in there between ego and superego.

Offline sinkspur

This is the kind of personal attack you get away with all the time.
Why?  My guess is you have been "buddies" with the folks here from the beginning of time.  And that buys you acceptance, no matter what kind of responses you post here.

But you tell me, without attacking me, why my comparison is 'stupid'.
Go ahead.  Let loose.  The mods will leave you alone.  Promise.

Why would you compare Dana Perino to Jean Kirkpatrick?  THey didn't have the same jobs, not even close.

What if I compare you to Winston Churchill?  Would that be fair.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

NO MORE BUSHES. 

Welcome aboard!!!   :beer: