Author Topic: Trump triples down on George W. Bush’s responsibility for 9/11  (Read 11083 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Trump triples down on George W. Bush’s responsibility for 9/11
« Reply #150 on: October 19, 2015, 07:08:39 pm »
Trump is a stalking horse for Hillary and has been from the very beginning.

I concur.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #151 on: October 19, 2015, 07:10:21 pm »
[quote
It's a plausible theory because what Trump is doing from any other perspective makes no sense.
[/quote]

It makes perfect sense from a political position.   Jeb said his brother kept America safe.  Trump essentially says no, he did not as terrorists attacked both the towers and the Pentagon while his brother was President.  Trump then doubles down and says the attack was aided by a weak and ineffective immigration policy, that he will change.  He implies that Jeb will continue the ineffective policy since Jeb is weak on immigration and therefore, Jeb is also weak on protecting America.    Therefore, Trump attacks Jeb both on national security and on immigration, a two for one issue.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #152 on: October 19, 2015, 07:20:04 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Longiron

« Reply #153 on: October 19, 2015, 07:25:47 pm »
Find it amazing that Obama has screwed up the Middle East, Foreign Policy expertise of a 3rd grader and people are concerned over a true statement that Bush 43 was POTUS when it occurred. NOW that is really important? :thud:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #154 on: October 19, 2015, 07:37:51 pm »
[quote
It's a plausible theory because what Trump is doing from any other perspective makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense from a political position.   Jeb said his brother kept America safe.  Trump essentially says no, he did not as terrorists attacked both the towers and the Pentagon while his brother was President.  Trump then doubles down and says the attack was aided by a weak and ineffective immigration policy, that he will change.  He implies that Jeb will continue the ineffective policy since Jeb is weak on immigration and therefore, Jeb is also weak on protecting America.    Therefore, Trump attacks Jeb both on national security and on immigration, a two for one issue.

All of that assumes a complete lack of ethics on Trump's part.

Which, of course, is also a logical assumption.....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #155 on: October 19, 2015, 07:38:35 pm »
Find it amazing that Obama has screwed up the Middle East, Foreign Policy expertise of a 3rd grader and people are concerned over a true statement that Bush 43 was POTUS when it occurred. NOW that is really important? :thud:

It is if it means the GOP front runner is a liar.

Offline Rivergirl

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #157 on: October 19, 2015, 07:51:53 pm »
Yes.  I think it was on during the first hour. 

Rush didn't actually state that Trump was in it to help Hillary (he said something about its supporting Trump's immigration policy), but that what he was saying was not factually accurate.  Rush went through the details of how Bush didn't even have his cabinet in place, how the hijackers came in the country during the Clinton regime, and discussed the Gorelik wall between the FBI and CIA.

Trump is at the forefront of this pathetic attack on Bush, and it makes a false equivalency between Bush's culpability and Hillary's.

There is no logical reason to believe Trump's attack isn't designed to help Clinton, IMO.

Come on!   

I was listening to his show in the car when he broached the subject.  He at NO TIME claimed that Hillary was covering for Hillary.  He didn't even mention Hillary Clinton.

What the heck have you done to musiclady 

Geesh!    :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #158 on: October 19, 2015, 07:58:57 pm »
Come on!   

I was listening to his show in the car when he broached the subject.  He at NO TIME claimed that Hillary was covering for Hillary.  He didn't even mention Hillary Clinton.

What the heck have you done to musiclady 

Geesh!    :laugh:

I clearly stated that Rush said nothing about Trump's supporting Hillary, because he didn't.

I stated that the fact that Trump led the charge in blaming Bush for 9/11 supported the theory that Trump is in the race to be a shill for Hillary.

And it DOES support that theory.

(What has happened to your reading skills, DC?  Your support of Trump makes you read things that are not there..... )

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #159 on: October 19, 2015, 08:06:04 pm »
I clearly stated that Rush said nothing about Trump's supporting Hillary, because he didn't.

I stated that the fact that Trump led the charge in blaming Bush for 9/11 supported the theory that Trump is in the race to be a shill for Hillary.

(What has happened to your reading skills, DC?  Your support of Trump makes you read things that are not there..... )

You CLEARLY stated no such thing.  Until a half dozen replies later than your original post where you made the assertion.

Here is your COMPLETE original post:

Rush was discussing the whole Bush-is-responsible-for-9/11 on his show and pointed out that it is most likely cover for Hillary right before her appearance before the Benghazi hearing. If Bush wasn't blamed, then neither should Hillary be blamed....

This supports the theory that Trump is in the race to help Hillary.  He brings up Bush and 9/11 (completely lacking facts to support his ridiculous statements), and it helps Hillary out....

Pray tell....please show me where you said Rush didn't say it was cover for Hillary.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 08:06:54 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #160 on: October 19, 2015, 08:09:24 pm »

Furthermore....where in the heck in reply #158 did ANYBODY claim that Rush said Trump "supports Hillary"?

Whose reading comprehension is lacking today???   :whistle:

"Covering" for Hillary is not even the same thing as "Supporting Hillary".

Your personal opinion of Donald Trump is clouding your posts here.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 08:11:05 pm by DCPatriot »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #161 on: October 19, 2015, 08:15:59 pm »
Everybody scroll up...I posted a link to exactly what Rush said today....play nice.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline musiclady

« Reply #162 on: October 19, 2015, 08:19:18 pm »
You CLEARLY stated no such thing.  Until a half dozen replies later than your original post where you made the assertion.

Here is your COMPLETE original post:

Pray tell....please show me where you said Rush didn't say it was cover for Hillary.

Yikes, DC!  I said that Rush said that blaming Bush for 9/11 was cover for Hillary's Benghazi's debacle.  AND HE DID.  (Read mystery's link, please).

He also stated that the Dems jumped on Trump's blaming Bush for 9/11.

I WAS THE ONE who said that it supports the theory that Trump is helping Hillary.

And it does.

I did NOT say that Rush said it.  I said that I made that connection.

Get it yet??

(I return your SHEESH!!)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2015, 08:24:39 pm »
Furthermore....where in the heck in reply #158 did ANYBODY claim that Rush said Trump "supports Hillary"?

Whose reading comprehension is lacking today???   :whistle:

"Covering" for Hillary is not even the same thing as "Supporting Hillary".

Your personal opinion of Donald Trump is clouding your posts here.

No.  Actually it's not.

If you read what I said once again, you will see that you misinterpreted and misread my actual words.

Repeating.....

I said that Rush said blaming Bush for 9/11 before Hillary testifies on Benghazi gives her cover.  I did NOT say that he said that was Trump's motivation.  He said that Trump's motivation was his stance on immigration (and that it was the Dems who were giving Hillary cover).  But he also corrected Trump by saying that the terrorists got into the country while Clinton was President.

It was my conjecture that Trump's pre-empting Hillary's testimony by blaming Bush for 9/11 was designed to help her.

I did NOT say that Rush said that.

And I stated it quite clearly.....

« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 08:26:03 pm by musiclady »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #164 on: October 19, 2015, 08:25:00 pm »
All of that assumes a complete lack of ethics on Trump's part.

Which, of course, is also a logical assumption.....

Isn't lack of ethics a necessary but insufficient condition for entering politics?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2015, 08:27:39 pm »
Isn't lack of ethics a necessary but insufficient condition for entering politics?

In a jaded world, yes.

In a world where there is still hope of decency and honor, no.

I still retain a modicum of hope that America has a chance of recovery............ of once again having people of honor, like George Washington, lead us.

Offline Carling

« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2015, 08:54:46 pm »
[quote

Has anybody asked Jeb how Mohammed Atta was able to get a Florida driver's license with an expired visa while Jeb was governor of that state?

Has anybody asked Jeb why in his 2013 book he in part blamed lax immigration laws for 9/11?

Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #167 on: October 19, 2015, 08:58:01 pm »
Has anybody asked Jeb how Mohammed Atta was able to get a Florida driver's license with an expired visa while Jeb was governor of that state?

Has anybody asked Jeb why in his 2013 book he in part blamed lax immigration laws for 9/11?

Because checks are only as good as the person carrying them out.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #168 on: October 19, 2015, 10:52:10 pm »
Yikes, DC!  I said that Rush said that blaming Bush for 9/11 was cover for Hillary's Benghazi's debacle.  AND HE DID.  (Read mystery's link, please).

He also stated that the Dems jumped on Trump's blaming Bush for 9/11.

I WAS THE ONE who said that it supports the theory that Trump is helping Hillary.

And it does.

I did NOT say that Rush said it.  I said that I made that connection.

Get it yet??

(I return your SHEESH!!)

That is why Trump is running to help his buddies the Clinton, but we shall what happens if plugs is indeed running. What we should be focus on is the failures of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton (if she is the nominee).. Not GW Bush!!!!
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #169 on: October 19, 2015, 10:58:01 pm »

Excellent questions.
Support the USO

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #170 on: October 19, 2015, 11:17:11 pm »
It is if it means the GOP front runner is a liar.

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline aligncare

« Reply #171 on: October 19, 2015, 11:28:16 pm »
Yes.......... that's part of it.  His lack of character, fundamental decency and respect is the other part.

But your post doesn't at all address why we need someone who is not conservative (present tense, not past), to be our nominee.

Somehow you missed making a connection between your complaint and your supposed solution.

About Trump lacking character. Your opinion, right? Because I'm not aware of anyone making that charge who actually knows Trump or who worked with him. Do you? I assume people having direct interaction with someone would be in better position to judge whether that person lacks character.

I'd like the opportunity to hear from those folks. Because the middle of a political campaign is where truth gets buried and character goes to get assassinated.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #172 on: October 19, 2015, 11:57:04 pm »
About Trump lacking character. Your opinion, right? Because I'm not aware of anyone making that charge who actually knows Trump or who worked with him. Do you? I assume people having direct interaction with someone would be in better position to judge whether that person lacks character.

I'd like the opportunity to hear from those folks. Because the middle of a political campaign is where truth gets buried and character goes to get assassinated.

Thanks for your post here, AC!  You've made an excellent point.

I think a lot of musiclady, and the last thing was looking for, was to get into an argument/disagreement/fight.

While I've gone over the last two pages of the thread it's still clear, to me anyway, that I didn't miss making any connection, etc..

But at my age, I've learned to always give a lady the last word.  Especially a musiclady.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2015, 12:06:52 am »

Truth?  Trump knew that slandering Bush over 9/11 would be a slap at both GW and Jeb.  And that's why he's doing it. He hates the Bush's, which demonstrates a total lack of character on Trump's part. 

This bastard is not a Republican.  He has supported so many Democrats and so many Democrat policies in the past, that his "conversion" to the GOP is completely phony.

I'm honest.  I despise Trump.  I will never pull a lever for him, even if he's the GOP nominee.  If you Trumproids defend a sonofabitch like this, and think he would make a fine president, then I don't belong in the same party as you do.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2015, 12:45:24 am »
Thanks for your post here, AC!  You've made an excellent point.

I think a lot of musiclady, and the last thing was looking for, was to get into an argument/disagreement/fight.

While I've gone over the last two pages of the thread it's still clear, to me anyway, that I didn't miss making any connection, etc..

But at my age, I've learned to always give a lady the last word.  Especially a musiclady.

Funny........... I've gone over the last couple of pages multiple times and it was clear to me that you misunderstood what I said.

But let's give the point to you that it was confusing.

Since that first post, I've made it abundantly clear what I meant, and you still won't accept what I've said.

That means that you must think I'm not telling the truth, and that is very disturbing.

Read my last four posts and try to understand what I said.  It IS what I said in the first post, but again, if it was easily misunderstood, I more than cleared it up.

A word to the wise??