Author Topic: Trump mocks Fiorina’s physical appearance: 'Look at that face!'  (Read 18944 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Trump mocks Fiorina’s physical appearance: 'Look at that face!'
« Reply #200 on: September 13, 2015, 03:29:40 pm »
Contemporary "conservatism" riding in its only viable vehicle, the contemporary Republican Party, is willing to be anything, with anybody just to be able to win.

Hence cometh Trump. For now. There is a very long time remaining.

Humpty Trumpty may have a Great Fall. And then I doubt any horses or men will show to put Trumpty together again. They will look at him, and opine he has sufficient resources to put himself together.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #201 on: September 13, 2015, 03:37:23 pm »
I am most eager to see how Carly Fiorina does at the debate on Wednesday.  I suspect her face will not be a factor.

I am impressed with her speaking style.  Lucid, well-framed and seldom does she say, "um" or "ah".  She may well be a significant factor in this thing before it is over.

Me, too. Can't wait to hear her mix it up with the others.

The best thing that could happen after next debate is for some of the "no chance in hades" candidates to fall away. Clear the field a bit more.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #202 on: September 13, 2015, 03:46:12 pm »
Me, too. Can't wait to hear her mix it up with the others.

The best thing that could happen after next debate is for some of the "no chance in hades" candidates to fall away. Clear the field a bit more.

Maybe she'll say something to Trump about his ridiculous comb-over.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #203 on: September 13, 2015, 03:50:00 pm »
Maybe she'll say something to Trump about his ridiculous comb-over.    :laugh:

With all his bucks you'd think he could afford a decent rug.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #204 on: September 13, 2015, 03:52:56 pm »

With all his money and self-confidence, you'd think he'd shave his head.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #205 on: September 13, 2015, 03:54:01 pm »

It's his gimmick. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #206 on: September 13, 2015, 04:41:01 pm »
It's his gimmick.

Really?  I'm not so sure. I believe his ego/vanity is at the center of his pompadour.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #207 on: September 18, 2015, 12:47:50 am »
Listening to Mark Levin tonight he asked an interesting question.

Is it unacceptable for a woman to make fun of another women's appearance? Or, is it only unacceptable when a man mocks a woman's appearance? As in the case of Donald Trump.

Why ask this question, you ask?

Because, during Carly Fiorina's race against Barbara Boxer, Carly was caught on an open mic disparaging Barbara Boxer's hair. I heard the tape. It's on the internet. No big deal. Right?

Why then when Jake Tapper goaded a fight between Carly and Donald about Donald's intemperate and crude remark about Carly's face--which drew outrage from our female members here, why did Carly act righteous? She knew full well she was caught on tape doing the same thing to her female opponent.

No big deal. Right?

Okay, then. Let's say it's no big deal.

Why then didn't Jake Tapper remind Carly about her slight? Why did Jake Tapper steer the questioning the way that he did?

Because the phony outrage was all about "getting" the Donald.

I hope some of you ladies who were so concerned about Donald's words, would kindly take a moment and respond.

bkepley

« Reply #208 on: September 18, 2015, 12:50:27 am »

Is it unacceptable for a woman to make fun of another women's appearance? Or, is it only unacceptable when a man mocks a woman's appearance? As in the case of Donald Trump.

Because, during Carly Fiorina's race against Barbara Boxer, Carly was caught on an open mic disparaging Barbara Boxer's hair. I heard the tape. It's on the internet. No big deal. Right?

Why then when Jake Tapper goaded a fight between Carly and Donald about Donald's intemperate and crude remark about Carly's face--which drew outrage from our female members here, why did Carly act righteous? She knew full well she was caught on tape doing the same thing to her female opponent.

No big deal. Right?

Why then didn't Jake Tapper remind Carly about her slight? Why did Jake Tapper steer the questioning the way that he did?

I hope some of you ladies who were so concerned about Donald's words, would kindly take a moment and respond.

Who cares? 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #209 on: September 18, 2015, 12:51:19 am »

No big deal. Right?

Not a lady but who gives a damn what Fiorina said in a cat fight with Boxer?

Trump trashed Fiorina's looks. That's low class.  But, then, Donald IS low class. It's what we expect from a guy who thinks it's cute to impute menstrual flow to Megyn Kelly.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #210 on: September 18, 2015, 12:57:58 am »
I'm betting Carly only requires a 10 spot for a "happy ending".
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #211 on: September 18, 2015, 12:58:21 am »
Who cares? Who gives a damn?

Deflect, deflect, deflect.

No one is going to call out Fiorina's hypocrisy?

Great. Just want to know where you stand.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #212 on: September 18, 2015, 01:01:48 am »

No big deal. Right?

I'll respond.

Donald is a crude man with a long record of saying disparaging things about women.  (And Carly didn't act 'righteous' btw).

But that's only a small part of why I think he shouldn't be President.

He's a Progressive with an ego the size of Russia who is playing the American people who are fed up with politics and pretending to be something that he's not........... conservative presidential material.

I DO wonder why some of you menfolk are so eager to defend his crudeness and misogyny, however......... especially since he's not only not Conservative.  He's not even conservative enough to be a dreaded "RINO."   

It's bewildering that you are so anxious to overlook his myriad of character issues because he's a 'doer.'

What Carly said is a non-issue because she's not a rude, crude, awful person like Donald is.

NO comparison.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #213 on: September 18, 2015, 01:03:02 am »

Hypocrisy is in the eye of the beholder.

If you're bound and determined to defend the indefensible, you'll see hypocrisy everywhere.....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

bkepley

« Reply #214 on: September 18, 2015, 01:03:02 am »

And your man who you spend so much energy defending is of course not a hypocrite ?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #215 on: September 18, 2015, 01:06:55 am »
And your man who you spend so much energy defending is of course not a hypocrite ?

Hate to fall back on a trite idiom but, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #216 on: September 18, 2015, 01:08:47 am »
And, I would like that question answered: Is it only unacceptable when a man mocks a woman's appearance?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #217 on: September 18, 2015, 01:11:53 am »
Hypocrisy is in the eye of the beholder.

If you're bound and determined to defend the indefensible, you'll see hypocrisy everywhere.....

I'm sorry m'lady but it sounds like you are defending the indefensible in this case.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #218 on: September 18, 2015, 01:12:09 am »
And, I would like that question answered: Is it only unacceptable when a man mocks a woman's appearance?

No. It is not.

Socially it seems to get a pass. Not from me. Rudeness is rudeness.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

« Reply #219 on: September 18, 2015, 01:13:26 am »

I think even an avid Trump defender like you would be able to see that there is a significant difference between a single comment about a political opponent and a gaping character flaw.

It doesn't matter what gender either person is.

Trump is a sexist jerk.

Fiorina is not.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #220 on: September 18, 2015, 01:13:54 am »

When the man in question has a long history of trashing women, you damned right it's unacceptable.

Trump likes to talk about how much he values women.  Three wives, and an impulsive need to resort to gutter comments when he thinks he's being "attacked" by a woman.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #221 on: September 18, 2015, 01:15:49 am »
I'm sorry m'lady but it sounds like you are defending the indefensible in this case.

Not even close.

There is a HUGE difference in the two situations, as I have noted above.

There is no hypocrisy in seeing that they are different.

That doesn't mean that Fiorina's single comment should be excused, but is not the same thing as a string of nastiness against women.

I'm not excusing Carly's comment in any way.

But it's not a character flaw as it is in Trump.

bkepley

« Reply #222 on: September 18, 2015, 01:20:27 am »

Trump is beyond an ass.  Why does he get so much devotion from you?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #223 on: September 18, 2015, 01:23:02 am »
Trump is beyond an ass.  Why does he get so much devotion from you?

Because he's OUR ass.  And EVERYBODY'S ass is on the line.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #224 on: September 18, 2015, 01:28:01 am »
Because he's OUR ass.  And EVERYBODY'S ass is on the line.

If you're expecting Trump to save your ass, when the only thing he cares about his own ass, then you're an.......