Author Topic: Trump mocks Fiorina’s physical appearance: 'Look at that face!'  (Read 18728 times)

bkepley

Re: Trump mocks Fiorina’s physical appearance: 'Look at that face!'
« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2015, 01:31:29 am »
All right, let's get something straight here. My top five candidates are (in no particular order, yet): Cruz, Trump, Fiorina, Jindal, Walker.  I think any of these candidates would make fine presidents.  I'm sorry if your mileage varies.

But, I'm tired of you constantly sniping and taking everything personal. Give it a rest. It's a long process and things will eventually shake out. I hope we're on the same  side here.

No Clinton, no Sanders, no to Biden and no to O'Malley.

Well I'm kinda tired of your constant defending of the imbecile Trump but that is your/my problem only.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #126 on: September 12, 2015, 01:33:47 am »

So what?  That just demonstrates that he's an idiot when it comes to being around microphones; one should always assume they're turned on.  Besides which, if you want to really know something about someone, watch them when they think they're not being watched and listen to them when they thinking you're not listening.  That Trump thought this was "in private" simply means that we get a candid view of the real Trump.  I, for one, am seriously tired of having sophmoric idiots in the White House.

He wasn't around a microphone. He allowed Rolling Stone to follow him around for days. And in a stream of consciousness moment, Trump made, as some guys are wont to do, a crude remark. You're a guy, you've done it.

So, I'm guessing, to you, what's important is what one says, not what one does. I'm also guessing you prefer people who pretend. You know, act one way in public, and another way in private.

Trump is being Trump. And people don't seem to mind it. I think he's just keeping it real, baby.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 01:41:51 am by aligncare »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #127 on: September 12, 2015, 01:40:48 am »
Well I'm kinda tired of your constant defending of the imbecile Trump but that is your/my problem only.

Here is where you go off the beam, dude. One doesn't accomplish the things that Trump has accomplished and in any way whatsoeve be considered an imbecile.

When you go there with those kinds of comments your opinions lose credibility.

bkepley

« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2015, 01:44:08 am »
He wasn't around a microphone. He allowed Rolling Stone to follow him around for days. And I n a stream of consciousness moment, he made, as some guys are wont to do, a crude remark. You're a guy, you've done it.

So, I'm guessing, to you, what's important is what one says, not what one does. I'm also guessing you prefer people who pretend. You know, act one way in public, and another way in private.

Trump is being Trump. And people don't seem to mind it. I think he's just keeping it real, baby.

Every stupid thing he does or says you defend it.  Why?  I  do not give a chit about Donald Trump.  What is going on with you?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2015, 02:37:57 am »
He wasn't around a microphone. He allowed Rolling Stone to follow him around for days. And in a stream of consciousness moment, Trump made, as some guys are wont to do, a crude remark. You're a guy, you've done it.

It's bewildering to me that such a good guy like yourself would go out of your way to defend what is, for reasonable people, indefensible.

What kind of hold does Trump have over some of you that you excuse behavior that you would never, ever engage in yourself?

Do you really want a President who is such a lousy person, just because he's a 'doer?'

I am completely lost as to what's happening to people I was sure were rational.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2015, 03:05:46 am »
What kind of hold does Trump have over some of you that you excuse behavior that you would never, ever engage in yourself?

He Fights!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2015, 12:06:01 pm »
He Fights!

So do preschoolers. And in exactly the same fashion.
Honestly, I expect Trump to come back at a reporter at some stage with "yeah, but my Dad can beat up your Dad."
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2015, 12:50:52 pm »
So do preschoolers. And in exactly the same fashion.
Honestly, I expect Trump to come back at a reporter at some stage with "yeah, but my Dad can beat up your Dad."

Rush introduced an idea to his listeners that has always resonated with me. He said democrat politicians and the left in general are masters of "style over substance."

I see many people here who are upset over Trump's style, his personality, his persona. They say it's not presidential. And I tend to agree, it isn't.

But, as I recall Obama's campaign in 2008, he came off as presidential. Using lofty rhetorical skills he offered people hope. A captivating speaker some said. I say it was all style and no substance. A perfect example of Rush's dictum: style over substance.

But, what many have failed to appreciate about Trump is that Trump is a man of substance, a high achiever, a doer.  His accomplishments are many. There is a long public record.  So I think it's just barely possible that Trump may be the right man at the right time.

I guess as with any politician you have to look past the style and look for the substance.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2015, 12:55:01 pm »
Apart from the politics, here's the deal for me:

Aligncare and I have been friends for a long, long time.  I respect him and I am quite confident he respects me as well.  While I sometimes disagree with him, I would never knowingly or intentionally insult him.  I believe him to have principled opinions and I read them all - and I reflect on them. 

He has taken some poison darts here and he has patiently responded. 

Now in this case, some who I agree with politically on this matter, have not been so gracious. 

Here we are, about 14 months from the General Election.  I'm gonna let the process play out.  Meanwhile, we all need to breathe and express ourselves rationally. 

I now return you to the regularly scheduled program.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2015, 01:03:26 pm »

Aligncare and I have been friends for a long, long time.  I respect him and I am quite confident he respects me as well.  While I sometimes disagree with him, I would never knowingly or intentionally insult him.  I believe him to have principled opinions and I read them all - and I reflect on them. 

Now in this case, some who I agree with politically on this matter, have not been so gracious. 

Here we are, about 14 months from the General Election.  I'm gonna let the process play out.  Meanwhile, we all need to breathe and express ourselves rationally. 

Thank you, Lando. As always, you hit all the right notes. It is indeed much too early to be working up a froth.  :beer:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #135 on: September 12, 2015, 01:24:04 pm »
Rush introduced an idea to his listeners that has always resonated with me. He said democrat politicians and the left in general are masters of "style over substance."

I see many people here who are upset over Trump's style, his personality, his persona. They say it's not presidential. And I tend to agree, it isn't.

But, as I recall Obama's campaign in 2008, he came off as presidential. Using lofty rhetorical skills he offered people hope. A captivating speaker some said. I say it was all style and no substance. A perfect example of Rush's dictum: style over substance.

But, what many have failed to appreciate about Trump is that Trump is a man of substance, a high achiever, a doer.  His accomplishments are many. There is a long public record.  So I think it's just barely possible that Trump may be the right man at the right time.

I guess as with any politician you have to look past the style and look for the substance.

That's actually my biggest problem with Trump.

Behind his bad style, there is no substance.  Trump doesn't have a core.  He doesn't have a conservative belief system.

His bad behavior is a reflection of his lack of character.

And that is where the problem lies.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #136 on: September 12, 2015, 01:35:51 pm »

Always the voice of reason, my friend!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

bkepley

« Reply #137 on: September 12, 2015, 01:45:54 pm »
That's actually my biggest problem with Trump.

Behind his bad style, there is no substance.  Trump doesn't have a core.  He doesn't have a conservative belief system.

His bad behavior is a reflection of his lack of character.

And that is where the problem lies.

It's all about being famous.  He thinks his name is literally worth billions.  If bizarre insults bring him media attention great.  I'm not sure he really cares that much about winning anything except attention.

bkepley

« Reply #138 on: September 12, 2015, 01:56:16 pm »
Here is where you go off the beam, dude. One doesn't accomplish the things that Trump has accomplished and in any way whatsoeve be considered an imbecile.

When you go there with those kinds of comments your opinions lose credibility.

A candidate running for president who publicly insults the looks of a competitor (and a female one at that) is an imbecile.  Your desperate attempts to defend Trump don't do much for your own credibility.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #139 on: September 12, 2015, 01:58:51 pm »
A candidate running for president who publicly insults the looks of a competitor (and a female one at that) is an imbecile. 
No, it may mean he's  immature, classless and a boor, but it doesn't necessary mean he's mentally feeble.   :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #140 on: September 12, 2015, 02:13:40 pm »
A candidate running for president who publicly insults the looks of a competitor (and a female one at that) is an imbecile.  Your desperate attempts to defend Trump don't do much for your own credibility.

Don't know why you and others are wearing yourselves out cutting Trump down.  One of the most qualified candidates, Rick Perry, dropped out yesterday.  This is an election like no other and I sense that a huge chunk of the electorate is just too angry to put all of their hope on someone who is playing by the rules. 

I don't think your repetitive comments on how gross, boorish, immature, impure character, tacky........Donald Trump is - I don't think it's having any impact.  Maybe you should try building UP the candidates you think would be best, instead of negative stuff all the time.  I understand that you vehemently dislike the man, and when you see these articles on him (practically 24 hours a day) - your emotions get the best of you and you can't help yourself but to jump in and make sure that everyone knows that you are disgusted by him.

I gotta be honest with you, when I see comments on Trump threads by the people that feel that way - I don't even read them anymore.  They have gotten predictable and boring now, it's the same old thing.  I get it - he makes you want to vomit, he makes your skin crawl, he is an imbecile - along with all of his supporters.  But, I think it would be better for you to turn to positive building up of people you like - and cut off the Trump articles - cold turkey.  I don't think it's healthy and people that want to see how far Trump can go with this sticking it in "the man's" eye are not going to have their minds changed by the constant cacophony of disgust.

It is a long time until the election - let's just see what the candidates make of it.  I have already said that I will vote for whoever ends up being the candidate - although many here have said different.  The most important thing is who can beat the Democrat?  Who can get crossover votes?  Who can appeal to the unwashed masses?  (Well, that's how they treat us - isn't it?)

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Godzilla

« Reply #141 on: September 12, 2015, 02:22:50 pm »
Don't know why you and others are wearing yourselves out cutting Trump down.  One of the most qualified candidates, Rick Perry, dropped out yesterday.  This is an election like no other and I sense that a huge chunk of the electorate is just too angry to put all of their hope on someone who is playing by the rules. 

I don't think your repetitive comments on how gross, boorish, immature, impure character, tacky........Donald Trump is - I don't think it's having any impact.  Maybe you should try building UP the candidates you think would be best, instead of negative stuff all the time.  I understand that you vehemently dislike the man, and when you see these articles on him (practically 24 hours a day) - your emotions get the best of you and you can't help yourself but to jump in and make sure that everyone knows that you are disgusted by him.

I gotta be honest with you, when I see comments on Trump threads by the people that feel that way - I don't even read them anymore.  They have gotten predictable and boring now, it's the same old thing.  I get it - he makes you want to vomit, he makes your skin crawl, he is an imbecile - along with all of his supporters.  But, I think it would be better for you to turn to positive building up of people you like - and cut off the Trump articles - cold turkey.  I don't think it's healthy and people that want to see how far Trump can go with this sticking it in "the man's" eye are not going to have their minds changed by the constant cacophony of disgust.

It is a long time until the election - let's just see what the candidates make of it.  I have already said that I will vote for whoever ends up being the candidate - although many here have said different.  The most important thing is who can beat the Democrat?  Who can get crossover votes?  Who can appeal to the unwashed masses?  (Well, that's how they treat us - isn't it?)

You know, this ought to be a glaring warning sign about Trump.  If such a sizable chunk of the *REPUBLICAN* primary voters are this disgusted by the man...

... how do you think it will play out in the general election?

(And use reason, not the "This election's special!" meme.  Every election is said to be special, where if we vote wrong, the country is doomed.  Romney, McCain for us in the last two.  Kerry, Gore for the left before that.  Dole and Bush before that.  Etc, etc, etc.)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 02:23:49 pm by Godzilla »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #142 on: September 12, 2015, 02:31:27 pm »
You know, this ought to be a glaring warning sign about Trump.  If such a sizable chunk of the *REPUBLICAN* primary voters are this disgusted by the man...

(And use reason, not the "This election's special!" meme.  Every election is said to be special, where if we vote wrong, the country is doomed.  Romney, McCain for us in the last two.  Kerry, Gore for the left before that.  Dole and Bush before that.  Etc, etc, etc.)

The unmitigated truth of the matter?   You guys hate him because he's not a SOCON.

My attitude on that is...THANK GOD! 

As Mark Levin would say now...."There!  I said it!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Godzilla

« Reply #143 on: September 12, 2015, 02:37:36 pm »
The unmitigated truth of the matter?   You guys hate him because he's not a SOCON.

You are fundamentally misreading the dislike Trump generates.

For I cannot stand social conservatives.

bkepley

« Reply #144 on: September 12, 2015, 02:41:48 pm »
You are fundamentally misreading the dislike Trump generates.

For I cannot stand social conservatives.

Yeah it's ridiculous.  Not only is he personally disgusting, Trump's economic proposals are praised by the left.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #145 on: September 12, 2015, 02:50:42 pm »

That is a great point.  Off the web, far away from the anonymous post on forums where you are known only by your avatar and name you give your self,  I find in my large circle of Republican friends and family, none support Trump. And much more than that. They  will say they don't support Bush, Santorum, Paul, among others, But Trump they have a genuine disgust and even hatred for. This will not be a hold your nose and vote election if he is the nominee.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 02:52:45 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Godzilla

« Reply #146 on: September 12, 2015, 02:59:03 pm »
That is a great point.  Off the web, far away from the anonymous post on forums where you are known only by your avatar and name you give your self,  I find in my large circle of Republican friends and family, none support Trump. And much more than that. They  will say they don't support Bush, Santorum, Paul, among others, But Trump they have a genuine disgust and even hatred for. This will not be a hold your nose and vote election if he is the nominee.

I posted a mathematical breakdown of Trump support in the nation based off the last polls.  It's eye-opening.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,179746.msg709235.html#msg709235
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 02:59:22 pm by Godzilla »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #147 on: September 12, 2015, 03:06:46 pm »

I hate to disagree with you DC (cause I almost never do) but I don't think that's the reason.  Most of these Trump deriders hate the SoCons too - they are embarrassed by them and wish they would just leave the party and stop staining the hallowed GOP "brand" with their presence.

No, I think the kernel of truth as to why they can't stand Trump is that he is not an intellectual.  He embarrasses them with his uncouth tawdry mouth. 

How in the world can such an oaf be leading in our party? 

Gosh, I don't know.  Could it be that a lot of people are tired of following the rules, voting for the gentlemanly man of breeding and impeccable education that trips over himself to apologize when the media picks on him?  Could a lot of people be tired of working to pay taxes and then being pushed off the cliff when it comes time to spend their hard-earned money? 

Could people be tired of being lied to before the election and then being ignored afterward?  Not just ignored - but being insulted too, when they dare to get uppity with the "smartest" ones in the room?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #148 on: September 12, 2015, 03:13:55 pm »
I hate to disagree with you DC (cause I almost never do) but I don't think that's the reason.  Most of these Trump deriders hate the SoCons too - they are embarrassed by them and wish they would just leave the party and stop staining the hallowed GOP "brand" with their presence.

No, I think the kernel of truth as to why they can't stand Trump is that he is not an intellectual.  He embarrasses them with his uncouth tawdry mouth. 

Gosh, I don't know.  Could it be that a lot of people are tired of following the rules, voting for the gentlemanly man of breeding and impeccable education that trips over himself to apologize when the media picks on him?  Could a lot of people be tired of working to pay taxes and then being pushed off the cliff when it comes time to spend their hard-earned money? 

Could people be tired of being lied to before the election and then being ignored afterward?  Not just ignored - but being insulted too, when they dare to get uppity with the "smartest" ones in the room?

In my case NONE of that is true! My problem with him is this:

My God what else does one need to know?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Godzilla

« Reply #149 on: September 12, 2015, 03:14:26 pm »

If you don't want to follow society's rules, you shouldn't cast stones at people who don't follow society's rules.

That's hypocrisy.