Author Topic: Trump mocks Fiorina’s physical appearance: 'Look at that face!'  (Read 18931 times)

Oceander

Re: Trump mocks Fiorina’s physical appearance: 'Look at that face!'
« Reply #175 on: September 12, 2015, 06:39:55 pm »
It's quite remarkable when a dreaded "SoCon" like me and a non-SoCon like you are on the same page!

I know!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #176 on: September 12, 2015, 06:42:36 pm »
Here I'm going to say it:

I think some of the anti-Trump people are paid by other campaigns to denigrate Trump.  They post negative stories.  I don't see that behind Trump supporters.  I see the same empty arguments from Trump-haters.  Which candidate besides Trump has released an actual position paper?  Which candidate, who while dropping out because his ideas weren't setting the world afire blames another candidate.  We are seeing "Trump Derangement Syndrome".
I hope those of you who are getting paid to post anti-Trump screeds are making a ton.  You have sold your souls.  But I'm sure that's not much of problem for you either.

No one paid me to criticize Trump.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline musiclady

« Reply #177 on: September 12, 2015, 06:46:07 pm »

I know!

Reinforces the fact that Trump isn't conservative in ANY area......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #178 on: September 12, 2015, 06:56:42 pm »
Reinforces the fact that Trump isn't conservative in ANY area......

I would like to know the following:

1. What Department does Trump want to get rid of?

2. What is his views on Climate Change ?

3. What is his health care plan?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #179 on: September 12, 2015, 08:15:44 pm »

Good.  Very good.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

John Steinbeck

bkepley

« Reply #181 on: September 12, 2015, 08:29:40 pm »

I don't know about getting rid of it but EPA needs a serious smackdown.  I wish one of the candidates (hopefully one who is taken seriously) would talk about that.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #182 on: September 12, 2015, 08:35:27 pm »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #183 on: September 13, 2015, 01:26:17 am »
He wasn't around a microphone. He allowed Rolling Stone to follow him around for days. And in a stream of consciousness moment, Trump made, as some guys are wont to do, a crude remark. You're a guy, you've done it.

So, I'm guessing, to you, what's important is what one says, not what one does. I'm also guessing you prefer people who pretend. You know, act one way in public, and another way in private.

Trump is being Trump. And people don't seem to mind it. I think he's just keeping it real, baby.

Even if Trump thought it was off the record, he is a freaking moron for saying it to reporters.

« Reply #184 on: September 13, 2015, 01:31:30 am »
In my case NONE of that is true! My problem with him is this:

My God what else does one need to know?

I'm with you Bigun...no matter how bitter that may taste.   :beer:

bkepley

« Reply #185 on: September 13, 2015, 01:34:16 am »
Even if Trump thought it was off the record, he is a freaking moron for saying it to reporters.

He needed to insist it was off the record else he is at least acting like an imbecile for a man his age.  I won't even say something so stupid at work let alone for mass publication

« Reply #186 on: September 13, 2015, 01:35:54 am »
Whoa!  Who, on this forum, of the myriads of us who don't want Trump to be our nominee, might be being paid to bash him?
I'll have to come out and admit it.  My 4-6 posts a day are underwritten by the GOPe.  Please don't tell them they are paying $5,000 per post.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #187 on: September 13, 2015, 02:47:04 am »
Scott wrote above (in a very observant and perceptive post):
[[ Right now only Trump can do that - is showing us how it can be done. He's a megalomaniac...the only kind of person that can overcome the many social and cultural and political advantages enjoyed by the Democrats.  National elections like these are easy for Democrats, they are amazingly difficult for Republicans. It takes someone as bold and fearless as Trump to handle that successfully. ALL of the others lose without ever even having a ghost of a chance. Republicans HAVE to have a game changer or they are simply irrelevant. ]]

I agree with everything you wrote in your entire post above.

Trump is simply destroying the other Republicans, even before the primaries begin. He's doing so because he's controlling the campaign, makin' new rules. He's changed the game and the other candidates are losing -- not only because they can't play by Trump's rules -- they can't seem to even figure out what those rules are.

Perhaps that's not in them.

I believe that many, many Americans, not limited to Republicans, are watching and enjoying this.

They're "enjoying" it not because they see Mr. Trump as "presidential", some do, others may not.

They're cheering because they're watching as the status quo and those who represent it get clobbered.

And so am I.

Aside:
In my enjoyment, I realize that as great a campaigner as Mr. Trump is, his personality is probably not going to serve him well as president.
He has a lot o' learnin' to do yet.
He has yet to discover that there's a significant difference between being the head of a giant organization worth billions, from being a servant of the American people and defender of their Constitution.
I'm hoping he will realize the enormity of the difference, and somehow be humbled by it.

Perhaps that's not in Mr. Trump.

If that's the case, although the electin' may come easily for him, what comes afterward may be all hell.

Godzilla

« Reply #188 on: September 13, 2015, 02:53:03 am »
I'll have to come out and admit it.  My 4-6 posts a day are underwritten by the GOPe.  Please don't tell them they are paying $5,000 per post.

I get paid by the ZOG.  $15,000 per post.  Soon I will have a membership in the Illuminati and sit on the Trilateral Commission.

:smokin:

« Reply #189 on: September 13, 2015, 03:00:45 am »
I get paid by the ZOG.  $15,000 per post.  Soon I will have a membership in the Illuminati and sit on the Trilateral Commission.

:smokin:

I thought I recognized you at the last coffee/world domination get together.  You have a nice atomic tail.  I wish you had not stepped on and crushed the pacific island representatives near the back.  They are hard to buy off.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #190 on: September 13, 2015, 03:13:41 am »
I hate to disagree with you DC (cause I almost never do) but I don't think that's the reason.  Most of these Trump deriders hate the SoCons too - they are embarrassed by them and wish they would just leave the party and stop staining the hallowed GOP "brand" with their presence.

No, I think the kernel of truth as to why they can't stand Trump is that he is not an intellectual.  He embarrasses them with his uncouth tawdry mouth. 

How in the world can such an oaf be leading in our party? 

Gosh, I don't know.  Could it be that a lot of people are tired of following the rules, voting for the gentlemanly man of breeding and impeccable education that trips over himself to apologize when the media picks on him?  Could a lot of people be tired of working to pay taxes and then being pushed off the cliff when it comes time to spend their hard-earned money? 

Could people be tired of being lied to before the election and then being ignored afterward?  Not just ignored - but being insulted too, when they dare to get uppity with the "smartest" ones in the room?

Once again I find myself in agreement with you on your essential point, alice.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. People who know Trump say in private he acts like one of the guys, a regular Joe. For a billionaire, Trump doesn't act aloof or elitist in any way.

The two aspects of Trump that I like the best are his Americanism and love of country/military/Veterans, and his negotiating skills which he will use on behalf of AMERICA--not UN globalist weenies or third-world dictators like Obama does.

The latest example of his negotiating skill is the letter he sent to CNN telling them that his presence on their network debate next week will bring in millions more viewers and consequently millions more in revenue to CNN. Therefore, since they will not have done anything special to earn all that extra revenue he wants them to donate the extra cash to veterans health care! Bingo! He cornered them. Will they turn down veterans health and look like selfish pigs? Or, will they acquiesce? How delicious is that!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #191 on: September 13, 2015, 03:37:21 am »
Except that Peter Jennings' insult that GOP voters were having a 'temper tantrum' was untrue.

I believe Trump support is based not on his qualifications, nor his conservative principles (which he doesn't have), but on anger at the Republican party.  And I will repeat that anger never results in wise decisions.

We can get the course correction we need with one of the more qualified candidates running.

With Trump we just get a different kind of dictatorship.

No good.

Among the dozens of books Trump personally wrote (no ghost writers) is one he published 15 years ago called The America We Deserve. Another published four years ago is called Time To Get Tough, Making America #1 Again.

Trump is without doubt qualified and, for the last 15-years at least, has prepared himself to be president. None of the democrats are qualified, including--as the last 7 years proved--Obama.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #192 on: September 13, 2015, 03:55:58 am »
Scott wrote above (in a very observant and perceptive post):
[[ Right now only Trump can do that - is showing us how it can be done. He's a megalomaniac...the only kind of person that can overcome the many social and cultural and political advantages enjoyed by the Democrats.  National elections like these are easy for Democrats, they are amazingly difficult for Republicans. It takes someone as bold and fearless as Trump to handle that successfully. ALL of the others lose without ever even having a ghost of a chance. Republicans HAVE to have a game changer or they are simply irrelevant. ]]

I agree with everything you wrote in your entire post above.

Trump is simply destroying the other Republicans, even before the primaries begin. He's doing so because he's controlling the campaign, makin' new rules. He's changed the game and the other candidates are losing -- not only because they can't play by Trump's rules -- they can't seem to even figure out what those rules are.

Perhaps that's not in them.

I believe that many, many Americans, not limited to Republicans, are watching and enjoying this.

They're "enjoying" it not because they see Mr. Trump as "presidential", some do, others may not.

They're cheering because they're watching as the status quo and those who represent it get clobbered.

And so am I.

Aside:
In my enjoyment, I realize that as great a campaigner as Mr. Trump is, his personality is probably not going to serve him well as president.
He has a lot o' learnin' to do yet.
He has yet to discover that there's a significant difference between being the head of a giant organization worth billions, from being a servant of the American people and defender of their Constitution.
I'm hoping he will realize the enormity of the difference, and somehow be humbled by it.

Perhaps that's not in Mr. Trump.

If that's the case, although the electin' may come easily for him, what comes afterward may be all hell.

Regarding your aside. Trump is driven to succeed at every challenge he undertakes. In the short time since his announcement, he has already demonstrated a steep learning curve for campaigning. I think the same would apply should he -gasp- win the presidency.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #193 on: September 13, 2015, 01:27:19 pm »
Among the dozens of books Trump personally wrote (no ghost writers) is one he published 15 years ago called The America We Deserve. Another published four years ago is called Time To Get Tough, Making America #1 Again.

Trump is without doubt qualified and, for the last 15-years at least, has prepared himself to be president. None of the democrats are qualified, including--as the last 7 years proved--Obama.

Regardless of any books he has written, there are more qualified candidates who don't have childish temperaments.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

bkepley

« Reply #194 on: September 13, 2015, 01:32:12 pm »
Regardless of any books he has written, there are more qualified candidates who don't have childish temperaments.

Yes he is mentally unprepared and I doubt anyone of stature takes any of his books seriously.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #195 on: September 13, 2015, 01:44:37 pm »

A childish temperament is one way of characterizing it. Another way of saying it is that Trump made what was arguably a crude, politically incorrect comment during a lapse of decorum.

De gustibus non est disputandum.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #196 on: September 13, 2015, 01:52:36 pm »
Yes he is mentally unprepared and I doubt anyone of stature takes any of his books seriously.

Trump: The Art of the Deal is a 1987 book by business magnate Donald Trump, that is part memoir and part a business advice book. It reached #1 on the New York Times Bestseller list and held a position in the list for 51 weeks.[1]

51 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list, The Art of the Deal was a huge best seller from the imbecile Donald Trump.

From the Impresario of NBC’s hit show The Apprentice

TRUMP ON TRUMP: “I like thinking big. I always have. To me it’s very simple: if you’re going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big.”

bkepley

« Reply #197 on: September 13, 2015, 01:55:09 pm »
A childish temperament is one way of characterizing it. Another way of saying it is that Trump made what was arguably a crude, politically incorrect comment during a lapse of decorum.

De gustibus non est disputandum.

Yeah another in a long line of lapses.  That's all.  Then there's his ridiculous kiddie time claims of how smart he is,  how stupid everyone else is, how rich he is, and what a great president he will be.  His lapses are almost continual.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #198 on: September 13, 2015, 03:03:59 pm »
The one thing a man must bring into the White House with him if he is to be remembered as a great president, is CHARACTER above all, along with incisive wit and an elegant speaking ability that can capture a nation’s affection. And this kind of leader almost always comes from humble beginnings. Ronald Reagan comes to mind first thing. Peggy Noonan wrote a whole book about the need for character in the White House called, When Character Was King: A Story of Ronald Reagan

Donald Trump, I don’t care where he sits in the polls, has none of this. He is mean, crass, vain, angry, self-admiring, and not an elegant speaker by any stretch of the imagination.

As America struggles to get out of port in the midst of storms opening this new century, character is what we had better quickly return to or else. Goodness must not become a quality forgotten, a myth from the past. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #199 on: September 13, 2015, 03:21:41 pm »
I am most eager to see how Carly Fiorina does at the debate on Wednesday.  I suspect her face will not be a factor.

I am impressed with her speaking style.  Lucid, well-framed and seldom does she say, "um" or "ah".  She may well be a significant factor in this thing before it is over.
John Steinbeck