Author Topic: Ann Coulter: Donald Trump can win White House as Republican or third-party candidate  (Read 7894 times)

bkepley

If he is the last man standing I will... you gonna stay home?  8888crybaby

Well I used to think I would stay home becausr Trump in the White House seems like such an abomination but I guess I might vote if he stops acting like such a fool and behaves like a serious man.

Offline NavyCanDo

Luis, first let me say good for you for actually getting out there, away from the keyboard, doing what you can to advance the cause of conservatism, supporting candidates you believe in. I was a Freeper the same time you were and remember the A-holes that began posting there, chasing many good people off the forum. and Jim allowing it to get that way, maybe even pushing it that way. Political topics , especially during election season got heated, but religion topics were the worse of them all. 
  I agree with your perspective of Ann Coulter. I use to like her on FOX years ago, but after buying a few of her books, and getting into  her head just a bit, I found she didn't think like me at all, purposely using provocative language to get her point across. Points I often disagree with.     Reagan didn't speak or write like that - and I have a collection of all his published letters, essays, and manuscripts from his old radio commentary.   Ann is so un-Reaganlike, and  turns out to be like the loud-mouth at the end of the bar, not much different than Michael Savage, if you ever listen t his show.   I'm not sure what Ann was doing in 1980, but if she had a TV or radio voice, she would have been anti-Reagan, and supporting the anti-establishment / populist GOP candidate John Anderson, the Donald Trump of that election,  who by the way dropped out after his polls began dropping and ran as an independent.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline EdinVA

Well I used to think I would stay home becausr Trump in the White House seems like such an abomination but I guess I might vote if he stops acting like such a fool and behaves like a serious man.

For Virginia, these conversations really don't matter.  By the time the primaries clear the previous liberal states and the primary gets to virginia, I am sure I am going to be given bush or graham to choose from and will once again hold my nose and go vote.

bkepley

For Virginia, these conversations really don't matter.  By the time the primaries clear the previous liberal states and the primary gets to virginia, I am sure I am going to be given bush or graham to choose from and will once again hold my nose and go vote.

Same here in NC but I don't think LG has a chance.

Offline EdinVA

Primaries in all 50 states should be held at the same time....
Every candidate gets an even shot and all voters get a say...

Offline MACVSOG68

For the same reason blacks of Carribean descent hate American blacks.  They do it the right way and are disgusted by the rulebreakers.

For the most part, any Hispanic poll will show how far Republican claims for their vote has dropped since 2004.  I can't imagine everything Trump has said about Latinos would endear him to any of them.  And culture wise, there is no comparison between the blacks from the Caribbean and American blacks, as their cultures are totally different, while the Mexicans and other Central Americans are much closer culturally with those in America, toward religion, family and traditions.

No matter how much one likes Trump, any thought that he could somehow bring back the Hispanic vote to the GOP simply isn't serious.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline MACVSOG68

That part of your post is absolutely correct!  If the GOP were smart they would let Trump participate in the debates and stand or fall on his own merits. Problem is that the GOP isn't smart AND they DO NOT really want to debate REAL issues!

But the Trump and Cruz supporters don't want to debate real issues either.  Many just want to limit any discussion of issues to only their particular viewpoint.  Can we discuss immigration reform?  No.  We can only discuss border security, and you're either for it or for open borders.  Can we discuss ways to legislatively fix Obamacare?  No.  We can only discuss how and when to repeal it.  So don't blame the GOP for not wanting to debate REAL issues.  Many of the candidates want real debate on real issues...without all the limitations.

Offline olde north church

For the most part, any Hispanic poll will show how far Republican claims for their vote has dropped since 2004.  I can't imagine everything Trump has said about Latinos would endear him to any of them.  And culture wise, there is no comparison between the blacks from the Caribbean and American blacks, as their cultures are totally different, while the Mexicans and other Central Americans are much closer culturally with those in America, toward religion, family and traditions.

No matter how much one likes Trump, any thought that he could somehow bring back the Hispanic vote to the GOP simply isn't serious.

My ancestors who left Italy 100+ years, did the hard-worker ones head for the United States because of the opportunity and the deadbeats went to Venezuela, Brazil and Argentina?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 04:38:01 pm by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline MACVSOG68

I live in SC and I agree with you.  I believe Graham is in the race to ensure legitimate debate about immigration reform and foreign policy doesn't get left on the side of the road.  I don't think he's serious about his chances.