Author Topic: Ann Coulter: Donald Trump can win White House as Republican or third-party candidate  (Read 7893 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/24/ann-coulter-donald-trump-can-win-white-house-as-re/

Ann Coulter: Donald Trump can win White House as Republican or third-party candidate

By Seth McLaughlin - The Washington Times - Friday, July 24, 2015

Ann Coulter believes that Donald Trump can win the White House by continuing to tap into the electorate’s anger over the nation’s broken immigration system.

Speaking at a collegiate forum hosted by the Eagle Forum, Ms. Counter said Friday that Mr. Trump should not be underestimated.

“I love Trump. I love him, and I think he can win,” Ms. Coulter said. “I think he can win the nomination and I think he can win as a third party.”

The conservative commentator is one of the most vocal critics of the immigration system. She recently released a book, called “Adios America: The Left’s Plan to Turn Our Country into a Third World Hellhole,” in which she attacks both parties for not strengthening border security and not reducing the flow of people coming into the country — both legally and illegally.

On Friday, Ms. Coulter told the college students gathered at the Heritage Foundation that her first thought when Mr. Trump entered the GOP race was that she was glad that he would ensure immigration would get some attention.

Since then, she has come to believe that Mr. Trump, who has surged to the top of the GOP polls, has a real shot at winning the primary race, as well as the general election.

She pointed to the success that businessman Ross Perot running as a third-party candidate in the 1992 presidential election. She said Mr. Trump is a stronger candidate and said the political environment is ripe for an insurgent candidate like Mr. Trump.

“Ross Perot was really funny looking,” she said. “He is a little guy. His ears stick straight out. He has a funny accent. He dropped out of the race claiming the CIA was disrupting his daughter’s wedding and it was before cable news, the Internet and talk radio.”

“And it has been another 20 years of lies from the Republicans,” she said. “So Trump is a way more attractive candidate.”

She added that Mr. Perot’s success came in part from the blow back against President George H.W. Bush for his one lie over raising taxes.

This go round, she said Mr. Trump could get a boost from the fact that the nation’s elected leaders have never followed through on their 30-year-old promise to secure the nation’s borders.

“Thirty years we have been lied to. I now think, it just occurred to be in the last week, that if he sticks it out, he could win the nomination,” she said, adding Mr. Trump has a better chance of winning than some of his well-known rivals. “If he continues, I think he is more likely to be the next president than Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio. I can tell you that.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Let's not forget Lindsey Graham. I'm sure donors are beating a path to his door. But, hey, Trump is just a rodeo clown.

bkepley

Let's not forget Lindsey Graham. I'm sure donors are beating a path to his door. But, hey, Trump is just a rodeo clown.

Note: Ann Coulter is a conservative entertainer and controversialist. 

Offline aligncare

Note: Ann Coulter is a conservative entertainer and controversialist.

That's in your opinion. In my opinion, Ann Coulter is a conservative goddess. She does more to shine a spotlight on liberal lunacy then any other successful conservative writer. Sure, others excel at explaining conservatism, but only Coulter exposes the loony left with such biting sarcasm and wit. Love her.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
That's in your opinion. In my opinion, Ann Coulter is a conservative goddess. She does more to shine a spotlight on liberal lunacy then any other successful conservative writer. Sure, others excel at explaining conservatism, but only Coulter exposes the loony left with such biting sarcasm and wit. Love her.

Just another problem profiteer.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Paladin

I read nonsense like this:
Just another problem profiteer.
and wonder to myself if this poster, and a couple of others, are actually Democrat plants.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

bkepley

At the same time Ann exposes the looney right.  She ducks in and out of what suits her needs.  You have conviniently forgiven her now for supporting Romney?

Offline aligncare

At the same time Ann exposes the looney right.  She ducks in and out of what suits her needs.  You have conviniently forgiven her now for supporting Romney?

Uh, I was an early supporter of Romney.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 01:14:20 am by aligncare »

Offline aligncare

Uh, btw. She still supports Romney. And because of his immigration policies as Massachusetts governor, she has said she would love to see him back in the race.

But hey, just because we disagree about Ann Coulter doesn't mean we can't still be buds!  :beer:

Offline Paladin

You have conviniently forgiven her now for supporting Romney?

Romney? I thought the rap on Ann was her support of Christie.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

bkepley

Uh, I supported Romney.

Wow..you must have taken a lot of flack for that.  I know i did.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Uh, I was an early supporter of Romney.

Yes, you were AC.   :beer:  You were into Romney before 'Romney' was cool.

By election day, most, if not all of us proudly voted for Romney.

And I'm inclined to share your enthusiasm for Trump.  Something special going on here.

Now I'm wondering if he's the Antichrist.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I read nonsense like this:  and wonder to myself if this poster, and a couple of others, are actually Democrat plants.

Seriously?
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline MACVSOG68

I read nonsense like this:  and wonder to myself if this poster, and a couple of others, are actually Democrat plants.

Guess you should add me to that list then because I think she's makes her living on outrage.  She enjoys as much controversy as she can generate.  Years ago I bought and read High Crimes and Misdemeanors and enjoyed it.  I liked her style and viewpoints back then, but she seemed to want to outdo herself year after year, and to me she became more like a stand-up routine than a serious, substantive analyst.  Of course I liked Hannity once too... :whistle:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Paladin

Seriously?

When I see nonsense like this posted about Ann Coulter, "Just another problem profiteer", and combine that with the constant negativism of this particular poster, yeah, I do begin to wonder.

Offline DCPatriot

Come on, man.  Luis?

A Democrat?

He obviously loves debate and butting heads and stirring conversation.

And I can take Ann Coulter on a Friday night.   Any Friday night. :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

Yes, you were AC.   :beer:  You were into Romney before 'Romney' was cool.

By election day, most, if not all of us proudly voted for Romney.

And I'm inclined to share your enthusiasm for Trump.  Something special going on here.

Now I'm wondering if he's the Antichrist.    :laugh:

I know what you mean. For me he's kinda like a guilty pleasure. Taste good, but it could end up being bad for me.

Offline aligncare

Wow..you must have taken a lot of flack for that.  I know i did.

Oh yeah, we had riproaring arguments here.

Say, whatever happened to Badeye anyway? He often came to my defense when I was getting beat up.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

She's a clown, and she's not a very truthful person either.

Offline DCPatriot

It has nothing to do anything once she sits down and writes/dictates.

Her columns offer sarcasm in a wonderful writing style.  I don't care who she lied to.

I do care who she dressed up as a clown for, however.   :smokin:

Offline aligncare

Opinionated people, especially those with such a wide audience as Ann has, will often draw fire. She's very successful, though; somebody's buying her books.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Hmmm....

You don't wonder about whether all the posters who spend their entire time in the forum slamming on the GOP, calling them cowards, traitors, etc and generally speaking undermining every single leading GOP contender, while at the same time spouting support for Trump, whose candidacy has one and only one possible trajectory, with that trajectory leading to a Clinton Presidency are Democrats plants, but you wonder about me?

Did I gore your sacred cow there Palli?

Let's see. How doe Coulter earn her living?

She makes money from writing books (lots of books, each selling significantly less copies than the previous one) about how we are being victimized by the left, and about how downtrodden and abused conservatives are.

Additionally, she makes money for speaking about how we are being victimized by the left, and about how downtrodden and abused conservatives are.

So, how is a person who makes money from the problems that right wingers face, not a problem profiteer?

She's certainly not doing this solely out of love for God and Country.

If she was, she wouldn't charge those $25K speaking fees that she gets.

I've never been a Democrat, never will be a Democrat.

I am a Republican, which is more than what can be said about a whole bunch of people in this forum.

So you need to understand that I don't really react to ignorant accusations like yours. I don't need either validation or support from you.

I know that I am a Republican, just as I know that there are a whole lot of people here who cheer for Republican loses every bit as loudly as Democrats cheer for Republican loses.

Years ago, back when FreeRepublic actually stood for something. Before JimRob lost his mind and most of his worthwhile posters, and before FR became overrun with the mindless asshats that infest that place now, I was a Republican, fighting for the Republican nominee in the streets of South Florida.

... and unlike Coulter, I didn't profit from bitching about problems, I went out and tried to solve them.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 03:17:31 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Guess you should add me to that list then because I think she's makes her living on outrage.  She enjoys as much controversy as she can generate.  Years ago I bought and read High Crimes and Misdemeanors and enjoyed it.  I liked her style and viewpoints back then, but she seemed to want to outdo herself year after year, and to me she became more like a stand-up routine than a serious, substantive analyst.  Of course I liked Hannity once too... :whistle:

The term "problem profiteer" was coined by Booker T. Washington. Here's the quote that's central to that idea of what is a problem profiteer from his book "My Larger Education", published in 1911:

“There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs – partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays."

I get it... Coulter's white.

Everything else fits however.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 03:16:36 am by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Yet you have no doubt that Trump isn't a rat plant.

Offline Paladin

Yet you have no doubt that Trump isn't a rat plant.

And when exactly did I say that, Once-Ler. Show me the quote.

As for all this:
Hmmm....

You don't wonder about whether all the posters who spend their entire time in the forum slamming on the GOP, calling them cowards, traitors, etc and generally speaking undermining every single leading GOP contender, while at the same time spouting support for Trump, whose candidacy has one and only one possible trajectory, with that trajectory leading to a Clinton Presidency are Democrats plants, but you wonder about me?
and yada, yada, yada, and so on and so forth ad nauseam. The lad doth protest too much, methinks.