Author Topic: Trump: Rick Perry 'should be forced to take an IQ test' before debate  (Read 7213 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
...He should be forced to take an IQ test before being allowed to enter the GOP debate," Trump tweeted Thursday afternoon.

The comment came hours after Perry issued a blistering statement that said Trump was mistaken on border security and only offered "a toxic mix of demagoguery and nonsense."...

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/248260-trump-rick-perry-should-be-forced-to-take-an-iq-test

bkepley

Trump really needs to get help with his insults.

Offline Relic

Trump is living proof that a person with competence in one area does not necessarily have competence in all things.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Interesting.  "The Donald" who has never been a governor and never lived along the border is going to berate a governor who has "been there" and "done that"?  Yes Trump stirred the pot and brought much needed focus on immigration, but ....so far that's all he's got.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline GourmetDan

People often confuse intelligence with wisdom.

They are not the same...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
If Perry is an idiot and Obama is a genius - I'll take the "idiot" with the solid record of achievement in this ridiculous upside-down world. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Trump is living proof that a person with competence in one area does not necessarily have competence in all things.

LOL!  It's merely a great example of what having a net worth of over $10 Billion will do to your personality.

We'd all be exactly the same way...given the sad state of affairs and the fact that nobody seems able...or inclined to get off their barcaloungers.

And in a way, I agree with Trump regarding Perry.  WTF?

He doesn't seem to be able to express himself.  It's like he's trying to memorize a script or talking points.

Maybe it's the way the media edit videos....I don't know, but Rick Perry, while being a great human being and American patriot, comes across as a bit discombobulated.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Interesting.  "The Donald" who has never been a governor and never lived along the border is going to berate a governor who has "been there" and "done that"?  Yes Trump stirred the pot and brought much needed focus on immigration, but ....so far that's all he's got.

Last time I checked, Perry never had to, nor even needed to, declare bankruptcy for the State he was running in order to keep it viable. It boomed without those crony tactics because it was run like a conservative would run it.

Offline MBB1984

Trump's comments were rude and unprofessional..........but extremely effective.  Trump's comments reinforce Perry's debate debacle in the minds of voters and the image that Perry is a lightweight.  Trump also serves notice that if you attack him he will go after your jugular.

Offline aligncare

I'm tired of professional politicians. I like Trump.

bkepley

Re: Trump: Rick Perry 'should be forced to take an IQ test' before debate
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 02:25:55 pm »
Trump's comments were rude and unprofessional..........but extremely effective.  Trump's comments reinforce Perry's debate debacle in the minds of voters and the image that Perry is a lightweight.  Trump also serves notice that if you attack him he will go after your jugular.
I don't see how anyone is impressed with this insult and should embarrass Trump more than Perry.  Trump is completely without wit.  Seriously he should hire someone to help with these.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2015, 02:28:32 pm »
Trump is not your grandfathers politician. He speaks to realities that politicians wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

bkepley

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2015, 02:30:17 pm »
Trump is not your grandfathers politician. He speaks to realities that politicians wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.
But with questionable sincerity.  He was saying exactly the opposite only a short time ago.  Demagogue, me thinks.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2015, 02:34:45 pm »
But with questionable sincerity.  He was saying exactly the opposite only a short time ago.  Demagogue, me thinks.

Yeah, but if he was cornered by a reporter and asked a question about his flip-flops, he wouldn't give a Kerry-like carefully worded politician-speak answer. In human-speak he'd tell you why he changed his mind on an issue. And it would probably make sense to the average person.

Offline Relic

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2015, 02:36:26 pm »
Trump is entertaining, but seriously, he has no chance. Minnesota elected a populist for a governor. A plain talking tough guy. How did Jesse Ventura work out for them?

We're coming to the end of a reign by a community organizer. In a couple years, we'll be done with this version of Jesse Jackson, do we really want to replace him with this guy?

bkepley

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2015, 02:37:43 pm »
Yeah, but if he was cornered by a reporter and asked a question about his flip-flops, he wouldn't give a Kerry-like carefully worded politician-speak answer. In human-speak he'd tell you why he changed his mind on an issue. And it would probably make sense to the average person.
I don't know..he always seems bumbling and then angry to me.  Not very convincing.  I guess I'm not an "average American" but we will see.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 02:41:32 pm »
I don't see how anyone is impressed with this insult and should embarrass Trump more than Perry.  Trump is completely without wit.  Seriously he should hire someone to help with these.

Trump can be a loose cannon with his lips and contradictory, but these comments were shrewd and calculated.  He hit Perry's raw nerve.  Love him or hate him, Trump is a leader and is setting the agenda at the current time.  Trump is setting the terms of engagement.  He is hard not to notice.

bkepley

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 02:44:43 pm »
Trump can be a loose cannon with his lips and contradictory, but these comments were shrewd and calculated.  He hit Perry's raw nerve.  Love him or hate him, Trump is a leader and is setting the agenda at the current time.  Trump is setting the terms of engagement.  He is hard not to notice.
Oh he's certainly hard not to notice but I think his response was anything but shrewd and calculated unless he wants to make himself look ignorant.  I smarter man would have made the same point in a more subtle and amusing way and thus hit Perry back even harder.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2015, 02:45:40 pm »
Trump really needs to get help with his insults.

No insult just facts. Hard to handle the truth????? :thud:

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2015, 02:46:08 pm »
Trump's polling of late reflects that in spite of his own history, he's shouting out issues that are resonating, hoping to get the advantage with those who see more in him than really exists.   We've had them in every election, and I think he's trying to out-shout the other candidates hoping the early primaries will dump a number of them.  I also think he's looking to this guy for his style"

“I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell.”

I'm sure everyone knows who that was.

Anyway, waiting for the debates with the popcorn at the ready.  :smokin:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2015, 02:48:06 pm »
I don't know..he always seems bumbling and then angry to me.  Not very convincing.  I guess I'm not an "average American" but we will see.

Don't get me wrong, I wince when I hear Trump speak. But I'm not looking for an orator. I want an effective, America loving, President who actually understands infrastructure and the Art of the Deal.

That New veterans hospital the Feds just wasted $2 billion building? Trump could build eight of those for the same money.

I want a common-sense, effective president for eight years, that's all. George Washington and Barack Obama have already done the "historic" president thing.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:51:25 pm by aligncare »

bkepley

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2015, 02:51:12 pm »
If I could only trust him..

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2015, 03:06:07 pm »
Don't get me wrong, I wince when I hear Trump speak. But I'm not looking for an orator. I want an effective, America loving, President who actually understands infrastructure and the Art of the Deal.

That New veterans hospital the Feds just wasted $2 billion building? Trump could build eight of those for the same money.

I want a common-sense, effective president for eight years, that's all. George Washington and Barack Obama have already done the "historic" president thing.

I also want a president who will listen to his cabinet and military leaders.  Trump's history shows him to be both a demagogue and a heavy-handed autocrat.  Can he change?  Not sure, but I'm also not hopeful.  While he's a very shrewd businessman and quite intelligent, he's made numerous mistakes in judgment in his career.   
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Longiron

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2015, 03:14:59 pm »

TRUMP has most of all of his critics right were he wants them???? Complaining he has no couth, shoots from the hip and no facts, not Presidential material and everything else. Do you think he has no political advisors???? He HAS but they understand what is going on OUTSIDE of DC and the Washington Cartel. He is appealing to the real DEMS, Independents ( X pubs), Conservatives, Libertarian other than PAULBOTS, and the grassroots. Watch very shortly all the candidates start talking and emulating TRUMP and start lying  to get your vote and back to the RINO they always have been after the election. Bushie has already started it by saying the illegals that are doing the crimes and that is not a good thing. WOW we did not know that  Bushie???

Offline musiclady

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2015, 03:20:21 pm »
If Perry is an idiot and Obama is a genius - I'll take the "idiot" with the solid record of achievement in this ridiculous upside-down world.

:amen:

I really, really don't like Trump, or what he's doing.....

I know some of what he's saying is resonating with primary voters, but he's harming us overall because he's just plain nasty about it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.