Author Topic: Trump: Rick Perry 'should be forced to take an IQ test' before debate  (Read 7214 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Trump: Rick Perry 'should be forced to take an IQ test' before debate
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2015, 06:32:22 pm »
It shouldn't take a superior intelligence to just look into his past.

How bout looking at what motivates Trump to get up every morning?

He built a $10 billion real estate empire, plus dabbles in other ventures. I think that qualifies him for managing complex networks. And to build towers he has to navigate and negotiate with local governments. No one negotiates better deals.

When Trump says he's going to construct the next fabulous building in some world capitol, on time – it gets finished on time.

He strikes me as an American success story and a patriot, who thinks the country has suffered under Obama, in fact thinks the president has done a terrible job for America.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2015, 06:35:28 pm »
I am sure that it was one of Trumps kids (campaign people) that tweeted that out.....
Still, uncalled for and unprofessional.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 06:35:53 pm by EdinVA »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2015, 06:36:29 pm »
"Conservatism" needs a whole lot more, than a threat of withholding votes, unless they get their way.

Conservatism must resell ideas, which is very sadly not taking place. Of the people on the stage, Walker seems to be one of the few taking a shot at that approach. Based on his wins in Wisconsin, he seems to be effective, too.

Trump is not a salesman for conservatism. He is not onboard with conservative principles and concepts. He is a crony capitalist, first and foremost. That is how he got rich. I'm positive his subcontractors use illegals for labor. That makes him a liar and a hypocrite.

As some say, he drags the entire party down, by opening up the plausibility of an argument of hostility to immigrants, to minorities, etc.

Finally he polls the worst against Hillary, of any GOP candidate. And I believe in polls.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2015, 06:40:21 pm »

A vote for Trump as a third party is a vote for Hillary and selling the country even further down the river.

...and over the falls. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2015, 06:41:41 pm »
You absolutely did.  Clearly.  Correctly.  Repeatedly.

:beer:

....maybe not "clearly".   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2015, 06:46:14 pm »
You obviously weren't here back in 2008. 

I told everyone what Barry was gonna do.  It went for naught.    :laugh:

I have to say you did.  I can't say I agreed with all your predictions about Obama, but we did agree he was a Marxist and would move the Country far to the left.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2015, 06:48:22 pm »
I have to say you did.  I can't say I agreed with all your predictions about Obama, but we did agree he was a Marxist and would move the Country far to the left.

Yeah....perhaps I was a little over-the-top regarding the rounding up of political enemies and putting them in FEMA camps and into plastic mold coffins, etc..

.....but hey, it's still "early".    :laugh:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2015, 06:48:41 pm »
...and over the falls.

That too.

Into the abyss.........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2015, 06:52:32 pm »

And let me thank you again, MAC  (& Lando & Sinkspur)...for talking me off that ledge.    :beer:

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2015, 06:53:08 pm »
How bout looking at what motivates Trump to get up every morning?

He built a $10 billion real estate empire, plus dabbles in other ventures. I think that qualifies him for managing complex networks. And to build towers he has to navigate and negotiate with local governments. No one negotiates better deals.

When Trump says he's going to construct the next fabulous building in some world capitol, on time – it gets finished on time.

He strikes me as an American success story and a patriot, who thinks the country has suffered under Obama, in fact thinks the president has done a terrible job for America.

I'm withholding judgment on most of the candidates for a while.  But I do see Trumps character and leadership style, and it concerns me.  Yes he's made a fortune in real estate, but he's had some significant failures too.  I would hope he wouldn't look at winners and losers in the same way as president.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2015, 06:54:10 pm »
And let me thank you again, MAC  (& Lando & Sinkspur)...for talking me off that ledge.    :beer:

You know my friend, we had some good debates back then, and I still appreciate all of you!   :patriot:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2015, 06:54:32 pm »
I saw him on Fox being interviewed a while back, and found him less than impressive.

He continues to step on it at every opportunity. NEVER learns! 

He's officially off my list now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2015, 06:59:39 pm »
"Conservatism" needs a whole lot more, than a threat of withholding votes, unless they get their way.

Conservatism must resell ideas, which is very sadly not taking place. Of the people on the stage, Walker seems to be one of the few taking a shot at that approach. Based on his wins in Wisconsin, he seems to be effective, too.

Trump is not a salesman for conservatism. He is not onboard with conservative principles and concepts. He is a crony capitalist, first and foremost. That is how he got rich. I'm positive his subcontractors use illegals for labor. That makes him a liar and a hypocrite.

As some say, he drags the entire party down, by opening up the plausibility of an argument of hostility to immigrants, to minorities, etc.

Finally he polls the worst against Hillary, of any GOP candidate. And I believe in polls.

I don't disagree with much of what you say, but I will disagree vehemently that conservatism would embrace throwing away an election for a 3d party candidate simply because he's the loudest in the pack.  Conservatives would reject such nonsense.

And for others here who would vote 3d party before voting for a so-called RINO, think about what a Republican In Name Only implies.   :thud:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2015, 07:22:30 pm »
All I know is that since Trump entered the race I see loads of threads with the name Trump in the title, not Santorum, Kasich, Christie or even Bush ....

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2015, 07:25:14 pm »
You call Jeb's being pro-life and Hillary's being viciously pro-abortion "inconsequential??"

Really????

(Disclaimer - Jeb's not my guy, but honesty in discussion is important to me).

The entire nomenclature of "pro life" and "pro abortion" is primarily a façade or masquerade by liberal GOP candidates to fool gullible Conservatives.  The real and perhaps only determination is who they will nominate or confirm to the Supreme Court.  Linda Graham of South Carolina claims he is "pro life" yet he voted to confirm two of the most leftist Supreme Court justices ever.  Tell me how does his "pro life" stance translate?  Bush I nominated the traitor Souter.  Bush II tired to nominate Harriet Miers.   I feel confident that a Bush III would nominate a pro abortion nominee regardless of his rhetoric.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2015, 07:29:31 pm »
...and over the falls.

The country is going over the falls regardless of who is elected.  Cruz or Walker might be able to slow it down significantly. 

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2015, 07:36:53 pm »
All I know is that since Trump entered the race I see loads of threads with the name Trump in the title, not Santorum, Kasich, Christie or even Bush ....

Trump is setting the agenda and showing leadership qualities the others haven't even approached.  Trump may well be a fraud or indulging his ego, but he is leading from a position of strength and confidence, with fire in his belly and disregard for the liberal media.  It is a sight to behold!  The GOP hasn't seen a Presidential candidate like that in years.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2015, 07:43:45 pm »
Trump is setting the agenda and showing leadership qualities the others haven't even approached.  Trump may well be a fraud or indulging his ego, but he is leading from a position of strength and confidence, with fire in his belly and disregard for the liberal media.  It is a sight to behold!  The GOP hasn't seen a Presidential candidate like that in years.

There are a few very influential people in talk radio who love Trump, know him personally and think he would be a good president.

I'm reserving judgment, of course. It's too early for this cowboy to hitch his wagon to a particular horse – or horses ass, depending upon who were talking about.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2015, 07:44:08 pm »
Yeah....perhaps I was a little over-the-top regarding the rounding up of political enemies and putting them in FEMA camps and into plastic mold coffins, etc..

.....but hey, it's still "early".    :laugh:

Well, I for one believe that UN troops have already been set in place in this country and have been "housed" in the military facilities that were supposedly shut down years ago for non-use.  The UN troops are here to facilitate the collapse of this country and to round up political enemies and put them into FEMA camps. I somehow missed the plastic mold coffins....silly me!

Still early?  Exactly. We still have another 552 days to survive Barry's reign of terror.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2015, 07:51:23 pm »
Well, I for one believe that UN troops have already been set in place in this country and have been "housed" in the military facilities that were supposedly shut down years ago for non-use.  The UN troops are here to facilitate the collapse of this country and to round up political enemies and put them into FEMA camps. I somehow missed the plastic mold coffins....silly me!

Still early?  Exactly. We still have another 552 days to survive Barry's reign of terror.

Any evidence of that?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2015, 08:07:13 pm »

What?  An egotistical fraud??

(This is a good thing???)

I respectfully differ that making a lot of noise is 'leadership.'

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline aligncare

« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2015, 08:13:40 pm »
Frauds usually aren't successful building one skyscraper after another.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2015, 08:15:16 pm »
If you mean is Trump playing the electorate to get elected? Sure, he is. Name a politician who doesn't?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 08:25:45 pm by aligncare »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2015, 08:52:09 pm »
Frauds usually aren't successful building one skyscraper after another.

Just for the record, I was quoting the word 'fraud' from the poster to whom I was responding.

But in answer to your comment, I don't think Trump is an economic fraud.  I think he's a political fraud,

And I don't think the kind of noise he's making right now is helpful in drawing others to conservatism or the Republican party.

I do think it makes a lot of others laugh at us, however.

I just don't think that's a good thing......

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2015, 01:43:24 am »
aligncare wrote above:
[[ If Trump gets the republican nomination, I would vote for him in a heartbeat. If he goes third-party, I cross him off my list. ]]

OK, here's a scenario for you. I just made it all up from nothing.

It's mid-October 2016. It's also the first 4-way presidential race in modern times.

Running on the democratic ticket is Hillary Clinton. Polls show her with support of 29% of likely voters. But her terrible performance in both campaign speeches and interviews is hurting her, as well as a near-breakdown in the second televised debate.

Nipping at Hillary's heels is Bernie Sanders, running for his newly-minted Social Independent party. He's pulling 22% of likely voters, but he is gaining vis-a-vis Hillary. Bernie is hitting hard with his populist/liberalist/socialist theme, to enthusiastic young audiences. This is clearly his last hurrah and he's upbeat and making hay out of it. Adding to Sanders' momentum is his VP candidate, Elizabeth Warren, who graciously accepted his offer for the spot.

Struggling with the Republican ticket is Jeb Bush. He's been saddled by weakness on immigration, and new revelations about how his wife got into the country years ago. He's currently pulling about 22% of the voters.

Finally, there is Donald Trump, running on the American Restoration Party ticket. Against all odds, Trump has built a strong conservative base with loose but frank talk that resonates with many Americans. Trump is running without a VP co-candidate, but he's stated that if elected, he will ask Wisconsin governor Scott Walker to hire on as Vice President and chief advisor. He's polling around 28% and is gaining. After his closing speech in the last debate, in which he proclaimed "No more Bushes! No more Clintons!", he seems not only to be pulling voters from Bush, but some from Hillary's side as well.

Who ya gonna vote for?

(Edited about an hour after original posting)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 02:23:15 am by Fishrrman »