Author Topic: Chris Christie is getting ripped for his 'insane' comment on vaccinations  (Read 13823 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Colin Campbell
Business Insider
February 2, 2015

Liberals, conservatives, and almost everybody in between are hammering New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) after he defended parents' "choice" to not vaccinate their kids against the measles.

"It's more important what you think as a parent than what you think as a public official," Christie said Monday when asked about recent measles outbreaks in the US, according to The New York Times. "I also understand that parents need to have some measure of choice in things as well. So that's the balance that the government has to decide."
More

Democrats tell Chris Christie to 'shut up before people actually get hurt'

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Chris Christie is getting ripped for his 'insane' comment on vaccinations
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 09:23:49 pm »
The Democratic National Committee on Monday attacked New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) and told him to "sit down and shut up" after comments Christie made about vaccinations.

Thou shalt not question thy government.

Obey...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 09:39:09 pm »
I understand the desire not to have the government mandate vaccines.

To keep it from being 'big brother' forcing it, the best course of action is to not be stupid. Don't give them a reason and not vaccinate simply for the sake of rebelling. I know many who don't do it because the government recommends it. A bad outbreak due to people not vaccinating is an open door for an oppressive government stepping in and forcing it. Plus, look up forced quarantines in outbreaks. More excuses for government to crack down and get even more powerful.

So don't be stupid, get vaccinated. Don't give the government an excuse to crack down.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 09:50:12 pm »
It's not a matter of being 'stupid'.

It's a matter of individuals being able to choose which risks they want to assume and which risks they don't.

If vaccines were effective, people who were vaccinated would not get the disease... they do.

If vaccines were safe, you could get vaccinated as much as you wanted to... you can't.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 01:05:14 am »
I am  the first person to decry the the liberal and government idea that children are state property
but not getting your kid  vaccinated against preventable diseases like whooping cough , measles ,mumps etc  is child abuse in my view...don't want to  vaccinate your child fine ,but I support the view that  the local officials can and should charge you with neglect if you kid gets sick 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 02:48:16 am by Charlespg »
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 01:17:21 am »
Not getting your children vaccinated is harmful to OTHER children, therefore it needs to happen.

Unless, of course, you keep your child in a cave and never let him or her meet another child........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 01:25:19 am »
I agree with Chris Cristie here.

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 01:29:52 am »
Not getting your children vaccinated is harmful to OTHER children, therefore it needs to happen.

Unless, of course, you keep your child in a cave and never let him or her meet another child........
Whats the saying ? your rights end where my nose begins ...and my health as well

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 01:36:56 am »
Employers should have the right to demand a record of your vaccinations and require that they are up to date as a condition of employment.

Schools (all levels) should require the same.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 01:56:00 am »
Employers should have the right to demand a record of your vaccinations and require that they are up to date as a condition of employment.

Schools (all levels) should require the same.
When my country conscripted me for national military service, they provided at no charge, mandatory inoculations and vaccinations in great quantity.

I suppose I should have notified my drill instructor of my objections to same, and the violation to my liberty.

What was once readily understood to be common sense, seems to now have escaped a small ill informed minority, who would put the entire community at risk, for the sake of their tinfoil fears.

I doubt the anti-vaccination tinfoil people served in the military, but I'll keep an open mind, so they can correct me if I am wrong.

In the late 60s-early 70s the US Army gave vaccinations and other shots with air guns, which would cut you if you got scared and flinched or jerked etc.

A few guys were genuinely scared of such minor medical procedures. They even cried, and tried to avoid it entirely.  Maybe our anti-vaccination tinfoil types include some of those? 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 02:14:15 am »
  Maybe our anti-vaccination tinfoil types include some of those?

I think the internet is making paranoia and stupidity more mainstream. It used to be those types were on the far fringes, but with the internet, suddenly everyone is an 'expert' pushing pseudoscience. The fact that anyone takes Natural News or Mercola seriously when it comes to health and medicine say a lot about the lack of discernment in the public. I know reasonably intelligent people who actually believe in chemtrails. Even my State rep has passed along chemtrail conspiracy stories. People are actually following Jenny McCarthy for medical advice on vaccines versus over 100 years of science.

Add to that, people selling junk science products so they are vested in pushing bull about mainstream science. The 'in' thing now is people using essential oil warmers and rubs to cure everything. They even have MLM scams to sell them to unwitting victims claiming they'll cure everything.

High tech snake oil.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 03:17:43 am »
Whats the saying ? your rights end where my nose begins ...and my health as well

Precisely.

This has nothing to do with government overreach, IMO.

It has everything to do with protecting innocent children from physical harm.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 03:30:21 am »

:thumbsup:

It is a public safety issue.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 03:50:33 am by Dex4974 »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline raml

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2015, 05:06:13 am »
I had those childhood diseases that there were no vaccinations for when I was a child and I got really really sick with measles very sick and I wouldn't wish my children to have to go through any sickness that there was a vaccination for. There was no chicken pox vaccination for my children when they were growing up it wasn't developed yet and they got so sick one getting two ear infections while they had it and another got pneumonia due to having it and was sick for weeks. One whole summer was filled with sick children we lived on a lake that we only got to swim in twice that summer. How about rubella that is a 3 day measles that while not getting a person very sick will cause devastating diseases in a fetus in the first trimester of a pregnancy it use to happen a lot but not since getting the vaccination regular measles can last for weeks and yes there use to be deaths back in the day. I don't know what people are thinking of today to refuse to get their children protected or not help protect others too. It could be because they never lived in a world that you had to watch your children suffer through these diseases and also went through them yourself like my generation did. This is child endangerment.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 05:08:01 am by raml »

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 06:05:49 am »
. I don't know what people are thinking of today to refuse to get their children protected or not help protect others too. It could be because they never lived in a world that you had to watch your children suffer through these diseases and also went through them yourself like my generation did. This is child endangerment.
exactly

« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 06:06:12 am by Charlespg »

Offline ChrisChristie4Pres

• Alpha Strategy Group
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 08:19:21 am »
How far would you go to protect your loved ones?

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 02:41:27 pm »

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 02:42:09 pm »

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 02:46:31 pm »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2015, 03:18:45 pm »
Gov. Chris Christie (R) after he defended parents' "choice" to not vaccinate their kids against the measles.

It appears the battle for "choice" isn't turning out too well for our young.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2015, 03:25:46 pm »
I'm not going to post my opinion on vaccinations.  I just want to put something out there that I'm not hearing a lot of people talk about. 

I see that the gist of blaming parents for not vaccinating their children is aimed ever so subtly at homeschoolers.  I just assume that you have to present proof of vaccinations to be allowed to go to public school - that's the way it was when I was a child.  Everybody is hatin' on homeschoolers - we need more regulations!!!

What no one is talking about, these homeschooler types haven't been vaccinating for years - and THIS year we have a breakout?  I saw on TV - there are 100 cases of measles nationwide this year.  I would have thought it was more judging from the hysteria.  I saw a map of where the outbreaks are occurring - it was in places where Obama's illegal unaccompanied minors were sent.

They say this year's flu vaccine is only 23% effective.  I wonder if that is because of Obama's illegal unaccompanied minors?  They're usually pretty good at predicting which strains to include in the vaccine, but this year - not so much.

I can see where this is headed - more regulations and scrutiny of homeschooler types - who also are usually preppers/tea partiers.

This whole outcry is to divert questions about what might have Obama's unaccompanied minors brought here to us.  In classic Democrat style - it's also a twofer.  Now, we'll blame homeschoolers - instead of Obama.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2015, 03:47:41 pm »
I can see where this is headed - more regulations and scrutiny of homeschooler types - who also are usually preppers/tea partiers.

This whole outcry is to divert questions about what might have Obama's unaccompanied minors brought here to us.  In classic Democrat style - it's also a twofer.  Now, we'll blame homeschoolers - instead of Obama.

Yeah... an attack on homeschoolers, tea partiers and anybody else who believes that people shouldn't have to submit to state-control over larger and larger areas of their life.

I had both types of measles when I was a kid.  Don't even remember it.  For this we need state-mandated controls?

Sheesh...

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2015, 04:07:19 pm »

So the feds cannot find 21 million illegals but can determine that this measles outbreak started at an amusement park?

Climate gate, Benghazi, deficit is a revenue problem not a spending problem, islamic radicals are not terrorists and vaccinations are 100% safe... got it...

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2015, 04:18:57 pm »
I think the internet is making paranoia and stupidity more mainstream. It used to be those types were on the far fringes, but with the internet, suddenly everyone is an 'expert' pushing pseudoscience. The fact that anyone takes Natural News or Mercola seriously when it comes to health and medicine say a lot about the lack of discernment in the public. I know reasonably intelligent people who actually believe in chemtrails. Even my State rep has passed along chemtrail conspiracy stories. People are actually following Jenny McCarthy for medical advice on vaccines versus over 100 years of science.

Add to that, people selling junk science products so they are vested in pushing bull about mainstream science. The 'in' thing now is people using essential oil warmers and rubs to cure everything. They even have MLM scams to sell them to unwitting victims claiming they'll cure everything.

High tech snake oil.

I wonder if the high case of measles is coming from people who came here illegally.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2015, 04:19:39 pm »
If you like your children you can keep your children............unless the state decides your children are their children.