Author Topic: Chris Christie is getting ripped for his 'insane' comment on vaccinations  (Read 13822 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Chris Christie is getting ripped for his 'insane' comment on vaccinations
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2015, 05:01:26 am »
Gary Null has evidence that vaccines are linked with autism and diseases were declining as vaccines were introduced.

Gary Null is an entertainer who has a PhD in nutrition from online university.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2015, 05:19:00 am »
Gary Null is an entertainer who has a PhD in nutrition from online university.
He is affiliated with PRN, for Progressive Radio Network.

http://blog.garynull.com/

http://prn.fm/

Apparently our member has been duped. Null is a fringe kook on the left. He advertises his "natural" healthcare formulations on PRN.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2015, 02:25:48 pm »
Whatever it takes .personal freedom  does not mean putting others at risk or especially your kids

Children do not belong to the state.

You cannot be free without assuming risk.

If vaccines are so safe and effective, then get yourself vaccinated as many times as it takes for you to feel safe.

If you or your medical professional aren't comfortable with that, you may want to rethink your belief in the safety and effectiveness of vaccines...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2015, 02:33:36 pm »

http://www.cdc.gov/measles/about/complications.html

You do realize that your CDC link says "For every 1,000 children who get measles, one or two will die from it." and your graphic says 530,217 ANNUAL DEATHS from measles IN THE U.S. in the pre-vaccine  era.

This indicates an annual infection rate of between 265 and 530 million cases of measles IN THE U.S. ALONE EACH YEAR.

Yeah, those 'voicesforvaccines.org' people are REALLY on the ball...      :silly:

« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 02:41:09 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2015, 02:36:51 pm »
You do realize that your CDC link says "For every 1,000 children who get measles, one or two will die from it." and your graphic says 530,217 ANNUAL DEATHS from measles IN THE U.S. in the pre-vaccine  era.

This indicates an annual infection rate of between 265 and 530 million cases of measles IN THE U.S. ALONE EACH YEAR.

Yeah, those 'voicesforcaccines.org' people are REALLY on the ball...      :silly:

You wouldn't be suggesting that these folks made up the data in this little chart would you??? Surely not!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2015, 02:55:55 pm »
You wouldn't be suggesting that these folks made up the data in this little chart would you??? Surely not!

It's so funny when people say things like...

Thats just the most damm stupid  thing  I have seen in a while 

Conservatives make themselves look stupid by getting wrapped up in this anti scientific  conspiracy crap

I have to  side with the state on mandatory vaccines not vaccinating  against measles,whooping cough,etc  is child endangerment

And then post the most stupid thing anybody has seen in a while themselves...    :silly:

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2015, 11:58:04 pm »
It's so funny when people say things like...

And then post the most stupid thing anybody has seen in a while themselves...    :silly:
anybody who thinks that measles is a harmless childhood disease is stupid

but facts don't seem to matter to you or the rest of the  anti vaccine crowd

http://www.dermaamin.com/site/images/clinical-pic/m/measles/measles3.jpg  ....DISTURBING  IMAGE

yeah real good parenting there sparkey , It 's like trying to reason with a 9/11 truther
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2015, 12:13:34 am »
anybody who thinks that measles is a harmless childhood disease is stupid

but facts don't seem to matter to you or the rest of the  anti vaccine crowd

yeah real good parenting there sparkey , It 's like trying to reason with a 9/11 truther

Apparently facts don't matter to you either when you want to post a graphic claiming 530, 217 ANNUAL DEATHS in the U.S.  You're only off by about 3 orders of magnitude.

Hint, those bars in your latest image don't represent thousands of deaths.

You might also read the article I posted showing that it's more likely that the measles are being spread by the recently vaccinated, rather than the un-vaccinated... Sparky...

Studies Show that Vaccinated Individuals Spread Disease

« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 12:14:26 am by GourmetDan »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2015, 12:41:25 am »

The chart is not published by the CDC, it was created by a blog called voicesforvaccines.org.

They made an error.

The 500+ morbidity rate cited is yearly, but world-wide.

Measles is an infectious disease caused by a virus. There is an effective vaccine which can prevent measles, nevertheless 30 to 40 million people worldwide still develop measles annually. Each year measles causes more than half a million deaths and is responsible for an estimated 44% of the 1.7 million vaccine‐preventable deaths among children. Measles is associated with complications such as pneumonia, ear infections, throat infections, diarrhea and conjunctivitis.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0011067/

That wold-wide morbidity data has probably remained unchanged for quite some time since the countries with the highest rate of deaths in the past still don't vaccinate.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2015, 01:16:31 am »
If vaccines are so effective why would parents who have vaccinated their children be worried about exposure to children who have not been?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2015, 01:17:48 am »
If vaccines are so effective why would parents who have vaccinated their children be worried about exposure to children who have not been?

Now THAT is one EXCELLENT question!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2015, 01:52:20 am »
I don't agree with Gary Null on some political issues, but I trust him on health and nutrition. He's cured a nine year old who had autism. The autism/vaccine link hasn't been debunked. Just because Null has some liberal views doesn't mean that he's not someone I trust on health. Michael Savage is a conservative, but is has different views on health.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2015, 04:09:10 am »

I'm not worried about my kids. They're vaccinated.

I'm not even worried about the kids of those parents that choose to not vaccinate them. They will have todeal with whatever consequences their children may have to face as a result of their decisions.

I worry about the kids who pay with their bodies, their health, and maybe even their lives for their parent's irresponsible (IMHO) decision, and I feel sorry for them because they are the victims of a bad decision..

Then there is the third set of individuals.

The unborn children of unvaccinated mothers.

Those too young to be vaccinated.

Those too sick to be vaccinated.

Those with immunodeficient disorders.

Those undergoing chemotherapy.

Those too old to be vaccinated.

They will suffer the consequences of a choice they didn't get to make. 

We as a society, and as the individual members of that society, either believe that life is precious enough to sacrifice a measure of personal freedoms to protect, or that the sacrifice of some innocent lives is a price well worth paying for the right to choose what to do with our own bodies and not vaccinate.

People point out that there is an inherent risk to vaccinations, and that a small percentage of children who receive vaccines have an adverse reaction to the vaccine itself.

That is indeed true.

But the greater the risk to the greater portion of society lies with not being vaccinated, not with being vaccinated, so I see the decision to not vaccinate as immoral.

Consider this.

There is an inherent risk involved in wearing a seat belt; tens of thousands have been killed as a direct result of being strapped into a car seat by a seat belt during an accident.

I fully support the idea that it should be your right to decide whether or not to wear that seat belt, because during the course of an automobile accident, the totality of the consequences of your decision to not wear a seat belt will be borne by you, and you alone.

In the case of vaccines, others will be exposed to the (possibly fatal) consequences of your decision to not vaccinate yourself or your children. 

That's why I vehemently support vaccinations and the concept of herd immunity.

Ob Facebook yesterday, I posted a a bit of personal data an bout vaccines.

When I was living in Cuba (I was about 5 maybe 8 years old) I feel and suffered a rather deep cut from a piece of metal. My parents did the right thing and took me to the hospital where the attending physician told my parents that I should get be vaccinated against tetanus as a precaution.

I stopped breathing shortly after receiving the shot, and I had to be resuscitated, consequently spending a number of days hospitalized as a result.

I speak from a position of having a very personal experience with the dangers of vaccine, and I thank God that I made it thorough, and that my parents made the difficult choice to vaccinate me in the face of those possible dangers, because I KNOW that their decision was made with my best interest at heart, and in an attempt to protect me from the greater danger that was tetanus.

I went through chicken pox and Mumps and played with kids wearing those braces so many children had to wear after a bout of polio.

I lived in a pre-vaccination campaign Cuba, and it was not pretty.

I vaccinate my kids, and I thank God for the availability of vaccines.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 05:44:39 am by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2015, 04:12:35 am »
I don't agree with Gary Null on some political issues, but I trust him on health and nutrition. He's cured a nine year old who had autism. The autism/vaccine link hasn't been debunked. Just because Null has some liberal views doesn't mean that he's not someone I trust on health. Michael Savage is a conservative, but is has different views on health.

(CNN) -- A now-retracted British study that linked autism to childhood vaccines was an "elaborate fraud" that has done long-lasting damage to public health, a leading medical publication reported Wednesday.
An investigation published by the British medical journal BMJ concludes the study's author, Dr. Andrew Wakefield, misrepresented or altered the medical histories of all 12 of the patients whose cases formed the basis of the 1998 study -- and that there was "no doubt" Wakefield was responsible.

"It's one thing to have a bad study, a study full of error, and for the authors then to admit that they made errors," Fiona Godlee, BMJ's editor-in-chief, told CNN. "But in this case, we have a very different picture of what seems to be a deliberate attempt to create an impression that there was a link by falsifying the data."

Britain stripped Wakefield of his medical license in May. "Meanwhile, the damage to public health continues, fueled by unbalanced media reporting and an ineffective response from government, researchers, journals and the medical profession," BMJ states in an editorial accompanying the work.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/05/autism.vaccines/

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2015, 02:30:52 pm »

In the case of vaccines, others will be exposed to the (possibly fatal) consequences of your decision to not vaccinate yourself or your children. 

That's why I vehemently support vaccinations and the concept of herd immunity.

As noted a couple of times above (now 3 times), it is the vaccinated who spread most of the disease.

You're tilting at the wrong windmill...

Offline olde north church

« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2015, 02:37:14 pm »
As noted a couple of times above (now 3 times), it is the vaccinated who spread most of the disease.

You're tilting at the wrong windmill...

Thanks for the wild goose chase using 10 seconds I'll never get back again.  Documentary film-maker?  Oh, like "Silent Spring" that condemned people around the world for more than a half-century of malaria?
Please stop with the alarmist bu llshit already.
You are no longer allowed to use a computer, drive a car, a light bulb or any other God damned thing invented after 1826.  Go give yourself a colonic or eat a graham cracker.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #116 on: February 06, 2015, 02:37:48 pm »
I stopped breathing shortly after receiving the shot, and I had to be resuscitated, consequently spending a number of days hospitalized as a result.

I speak from a position of having a very personal experience with the dangers of vaccine, and I thank God that I made it thorough, and that my parents made the difficult choice to vaccinate me in the face of those possible dangers, because I KNOW that their decision was made with my best interest at heart, and in an attempt to protect me from the greater danger that was tetanus.

Typical liberal approach to life... feelings are what really matter... not reality...

And everyone else must be forced to behave in conformity with your feelings...

Why leave Cuba in the first place?  For freedom?

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2015, 02:39:35 pm »
Thanks for the wild goose chase using 10 seconds I'll never get back again.  Documentary film-maker?  Oh, like "Silent Spring" that condemned people around the world for more than a half-century of malaria?
You are no longer allowed to use a computer, drive a car, a light bulb or any other God damned thing invented after 1826.  Go give yourself a colonic or eat a graham cracker.

Didn't even notice that the comments were supported by scientific articles in the footnotes, did you?

Wild goose chase indeed...

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #118 on: February 06, 2015, 03:52:48 pm »

:beer:

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2015, 09:03:00 pm »

:silly: **nononono*

thats like saying Rosie O Donnell makes people fat
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton