Author Topic: Nolte: Trump Calling Chuck Todd a Son of a B*tch Is Good for America  (Read 8705 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Nolte: Trump Calling Chuck Todd a Son of a B*tch Is Good for America
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2018, 06:59:14 pm »
@Once-Ler

I'm getting more than a little sick of people like you accusing people like me of 'selling our souls.'

Your self-righteous smugness just reeks of your being a democrat plant or an idiot.  Choose one.

So, agree with you - or we are Democrat plants or idiots.

Gotcha.

And you people wonder why it is that there is no possibility of a reasonable discussion to be had between True Believers for Trump and Conservatives.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2018, 07:00:39 pm »
@INVAR
Yes you are.

Nobody is perfect enough for you as you sling arrows from your self-inscribed mountain.

When this forum universally applauds SCOTUS Gorsuch, and GOP taxcuts, and universally condemns GOP spending deficits  your accusations ring hollow.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2018, 07:01:23 pm »
@INVAR
THats ok, we know you are a troll.  its been obvious for quite a while.

You go with that.

It looks good on you and reflects on your amazing level of discernment.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2018, 07:03:07 pm »
He won 46.1% of the vote.  That's "some" of the vote.  Even if all of those people like his childish behavior that's "some people".  I've provided data that 16% "like" the way he conducts himself as President.  That's certainly "some people".

Yes, you said "its more than some people".  I asked how many more?  I'm still awaiting an answer.

You are still either whining fruitlessly into the night, howling at the moon .... OR
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2018, 07:09:42 pm »
You are still either whining fruitlessly into the night, howling at the moon .... OR
I know I'm whining fruitlessly into the night, howling at the moon.  I wish I could make you see what I see.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2018, 07:16:25 pm »

Well I certainly feel like I have nothing to whine about or nothing to howl at the moon about.  I've provided my opinion and provided the facts, data, and evidence to back it up.  I feel good about the argument (and supporting data) I've provided in this thread.  As for being a Democratic mole, it does seem as though anyone who isn't incessantly praising Donald Trump is considered a Democratic mole to some.   Well, I'm a really strong fiscal conservative.  I want a balanced budget and I want the national debt aggressively attacked.  That is certainly not the Democratic Party, but under Donald Trump, it appears to not be the policy of the Republican Party either.  As such, I'm quickly finding myself a man without a party. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 07:26:10 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2018, 07:20:18 pm »
He won 46.1% of the vote.  That's "some" of the vote.  Even if all of those people like his childish behavior that's "some people".  I've provided data that 16% "like" the way he conducts himself as President.  That's certainly "some people".

Yes, you said "its more than some people".  I asked how many more?  I'm still awaiting an answer.

Sigh. This isn't going anywhere. Lets just let others decide for themselves.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2018, 07:21:13 pm »
I know I'm whining fruitlessly into the night, howling at the moon.  I wish I could make you see what I see.

@Once-Ler

I thank God every day that I do not see the negative in everything.  The little boys down the street almost kill me and my tiny poodle with their lethal weapons, (skate boards) but I still take time to talk to them and sometimes we fist bump.

I think your grasp of reality has long been lost in your attempts to prove that you were right all along to not trust Trump.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2018, 08:12:55 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Oops @Concerned ... I should have added "and you're not going to change my mind" to my post.

Now the debate should be done.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2018, 08:21:29 pm »
Obama’s comments were never childish or crude. In fact, his speeches were eloquent and presidential. And his tweets, to the extent he tweeted, were NPR-like, unlike Donald Trump’s.

Yet, Obama didn’t lift a finger to stop Assad in Syria and his policies blew up the Middle East and made Israel and the world less safe. And his economic policies were nothing short of disastrous.

But, aren’t we as adults mature enough to put those two facts on a scale and reason which were more important to us as Americans?

I’m much more offended by Obama’s policies than I am by Trump’s tweets and use of common, rough language.

We seem to have lost all perspective when it comes to Donald Trump.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2018, 08:28:32 pm »
Oops @Concerned ... I should have added "and you're not going to change my mind" to my post.

Now the debate should be done.

@Right_in_Virginia

I certainly wasn't trying to change your mind because I'm pretty sure no amount of data, evidence, or facts will ever get you to change your mind about just about anything.  Have a good evening!   :seeya:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2018, 08:33:06 pm »
Obama’s comments were never childish or crude. In fact, his speeches were eloquent and presidential. And his tweets, to the extent he tweeted, were NPR-like, unlike Donald Trump’s.

Yet, Obama didn’t lift a finger to stop Assad in Syria and his policies blew up the Middle East and made Israel and the world less safe. And his economic policies were nothing short of disastrous.

But, aren’t we as adults mature enough to put those two facts on a scale and reason which were more important to us as Americans?

I’m much more offended by Obama’s policies than I am by Trump’s tweets and use of common, rough language.

@aligncare   Yes, even though Obama needed a teleprompter to talk to a room full of school children, he did watch his outward image.

So, I totally agree with you.

We have people here who only post when they have an opportunity to diss Trump and they find many opportunities.

So ... here is the situation.  We have a Republican President who is not to everyone's taste, but who will lead the nation for at least 3 more years.

He is going in the right direction in almost every way.

We have a few people here who have declared they are no longer Republicans.  That's a little weird because we have only two viable political parties and the other one is democrats.

So, I can only conclude that some of the NTers here are either democrat moles or totally clueless.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2018, 08:35:15 pm »

Except Obama persuaded a hell of a lot more gullible imbeciles in the world to support his policies and agenda than Trump ever will persuade others to follow whatever it is at any given moment he says is his policy or agenda.

Tone and tenor from the bully pulpit has a whole lot more to do with that then you are willing to recognize simply because you see Trump as your Bulldozer.  Obama understood the truth that the Devil transforms himself into an angel of light - and Obama did likewise.

However, for Trump, like the radical morons thirsty for revolution on the Marxist Left, Trump doesn't persuade - he intimidates and bullies.

That may endear him to his base of supporters - but it will not persuade anyone else.

No we haven't.  We still actually see him for what he has always been: a NYC Liberal Democrat with a big mouth and a penchant for playing to an audience to stroke his ego.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2018, 08:38:13 pm »
We have a few people here who have declared they are no longer Republicans.  That's a little weird because we have only two viable political parties and the other one is democrats.

So, I can only conclude that some of the NTers here are either democrat moles or totally clueless.

Not gonna fly lady.

We're no longer intimidated by the insistence that 'You are either WITH US, or you are THE ENEMY'. 

We've had enough of that.  And, despite the erroneous belief that there are only two 'viable parties' - you are about to learn that is not the case.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2018, 08:40:28 pm »
This is a good article.  I wish everyone wouldn't ignore it.

I didn't.  And you're right -- it's a good article.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2018, 08:42:22 pm »

For some, style is apparently far more important than substance.  President Trump's official acts in office will have far more lasting impact on the country than his often-cringeworthy-tweets and penchant for nicknames.

Although "Sloppy Steve" was beautiful.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 08:42:54 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2018, 08:53:01 pm »
For some, style is apparently far more important than substance.  President Trump's official acts in office will have far more lasting impact on the country than his often-cringeworthy-tweets and penchant for nicknames.

Although "Sloppy Steve" was beautiful.

@Maj. Bill Martin   For a long time I gave those people the benefit of the doubt.

I thought they were genuinely dismayed by some of Trump's tweets and nicknames.

The fact is that guy he called an SOB fits the description perfectly.

But now I've realized that they come here only to disrupt and enjoy how very clever they think they sound in dissing Trump.

Some of them admit they are not Republicans anymore, so what does that leave.

I have come to reluctantly believe that they are democrat moles.  I won't post the picture again for a while but it is undeniably true.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2018, 08:56:29 pm »
Well I certainly feel like I have nothing to whine about or nothing to howl at the moon about.  I've provided my opinion and provided the facts, data, and evidence to back it up.  I feel good about the argument (and supporting data) I've provided in this thread.  As for being a Democratic mole, it does seem as though anyone who isn't incessantly praising Donald Trump is considered a Democratic mole to some.   Well, I'm a really strong fiscal conservative.  I want a balanced budget and I want the national debt aggressively attacked.  That is certainly not the Democratic Party, but under Donald Trump, it appears to not be the policy of the Republican Party either.  As such, I'm quickly finding myself a man without a party.

@Concerned

Yep.  How sad for you.  Why are you bothering to post on this forum.  This is no hope, no joy, no anything.

The only possibility might be to give Trump a chance to do all the things you want, to support the Republican party and try to get more conservatives elected.

But I guess sitting back and whining is easier.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2018, 09:02:48 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin   For a long time I gave those people the benefit of the doubt.

I thought they were genuinely dismayed by some of Trump's tweets and nicknames.

The fact is that guy he called an SOB fits the description perfectly.

But now I've realized that they come here only to disrupt and enjoy how very clever they think they sound in dissing Trump.

Some of them admit they are not Republicans anymore, so what does that leave.

I have come to reluctantly believe that they are democrat moles.  I won't post the picture again for a while but it is undeniably true.

I don't think there are Democrat moles.  But I do think there is a certain type of person who cannot help but interject their opinion in a discussion even if it doesn't advance the debate.  And the reason it doesn't advance the debate is because they're already made that same argument in only slightly varied forms man, many times before.

Sometimes, I feel like saying "Okay, we know what you think about this.  We figured that out after the first 100 times you said it."  But it wouldn't do any good anyway.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2018, 09:07:24 pm »
@Concerned

Yep.  How sad for you.  Why are you bothering to post on this forum.  This is no hope, no joy, no anything.

The only possibility might be to give Trump a chance to do all the things you want, to support the Republican party and try to get more conservatives elected.

But I guess sitting back and whining is easier.

@Emjay

Once I was able to wade through some of the Trump sycophants, I've found some real kindred spirits at TBR:  folks who support fiscal responsibility and a focus on the US Constitution.  As for giving Trump a chance, quite honestly, I feel like I've given him a chance.  I fully support many of his policies as I've articulated before (e.g,. freeing up the military to go after ISIS, Gorsuch, VA reform, regulations); however, I've been very disappointed by many other policies (e.g., no term limit Constitutional Amendment proposal within the first 100 days, $25B needed for a wall that Mexico was supposed to pay for, she's not locked up, trillions added to the debt, behavior unbecoming the Presidency IMO). 

I'm pretty stubborn.  The more folks want me silenced; the more vocal I'll likely be: I'll continue to praise the President when he does things I find praiseworthy, and I'll continue to criticize him for things I disapprove of.  In fact, I think everyone should do that and I hope they do (even if I disagree with them).

Offline anubias

« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2018, 10:13:14 pm »
@Emjay

Once I was able to wade through some of the Trump sycophants, I've found some real kindred spirits at TBR:  folks who support fiscal responsibility and a focus on the US Constitution.  As for giving Trump a chance, quite honestly, I feel like I've given him a chance.  I fully support many of his policies as I've articulated before (e.g,. freeing up the military to go after ISIS, Gorsuch, VA reform, regulations); however, I've been very disappointed by many other policies (e.g., no term limit Constitutional Amendment proposal within the first 100 days, $25B needed for a wall that Mexico was supposed to pay for, she's not locked up, trillions added to the debt, behavior unbecoming the Presidency IMO). 

I'm pretty stubborn.  The more folks want me silenced; the more vocal I'll likely be: I'll continue to praise the President when he does things I find praiseworthy, and I'll continue to criticize him for things I disapprove of.  In fact, I think everyone should do that and I hope they do (even if I disagree with them).

And once we waded through the myriad posts that come straight from DU and DNC talking points, we realize reading/replying is a complete waste of time and energy. 

Unlike some, I’m not one to continue to do the same thing expecting a different result.  Nor am I one to fill the forum with Democratic propaganda for visitors to read and be persuaded that Trump is evil and Democrat agitprop is truth.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2018, 10:21:18 pm »
And once we waded through the myriad posts that come straight from DU and DNC talking points, we realize reading/replying is a complete waste of time and energy. 

Unlike some, I’m not one to continue to do the same thing expecting a different result.  Nor am I one to fill the forum with Democratic propaganda for visitors to read and be persuaded that Trump is evil and Democrat agitprop is truth.

Although I've never seen DU or DNC talking points, I doubt they call for fiscal responsibility, a focus on the US Constitution, term limits, "lock her up", a balanced budget, and entitlement reform like I have.

I've never said I thought Trump was evil, but I do think he's childish and not very intellectually inquisitive.  Although he was masterful at tapping into disenfranchised voters in 2016, I just haven't seen that much evidence that he's all that bright though.  He is outstanding at marketing and branding though, and I think he's convinced many of his supporters of a number of things that I doubt are actually true.  That is truly impressive to me.

@anubias

Online corbe

« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2018, 10:29:44 pm »
   Being accused of being a democrat is not surprising coming from you Trumpers.  It just further deepens the shallowness of your thoughts.  It sure would tie everything up in a tiny pretty bow for yall if indeed the 'so called NT'ers' here were Democrats just trying to make your life miserable, would you Trumpers sleep better at night with that thought?

*I really, really doubt there are any democrats on this Forum, they were snuffed out long ago.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2018, 10:41:54 pm »
*I really, really doubt there are any democrats on this Forum, they were snuffed out long ago.

Get with the program corbe, you are either with Trump and support him 1115% - or you are a Democrat who voted for and still supports Hillary.

That is the marching orders in the mob meme from the Trump brigades: 'you are with us, or against us'.

I plan on living up to the 'against' part myself since the Trump brigades have already told us that fiscal responsibility, morality and refusing to surrender our enumerated rights to 'reasonable regulation' are a 'drag' on their party and prevent Trump from 'winning'.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2018, 10:55:23 pm »
Trump Calling Chuck Todd a Son of a B*tch Is Good for America

It takes one to know one.