Author Topic: Nolte: Trump Calling Chuck Todd a Son of a B*tch Is Good for America  (Read 8690 times)

Offline Concerned

Re: Nolte: Trump Calling Chuck Todd a Son of a B*tch Is Good for America
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2018, 06:06:13 pm »
You said 'some people' like his childishness.

I said 'its more than some people - he won the white house'. Dunno how much more 'fact based proof' one would need.

Perhaps I shouldn't use the word 'like' - 'accept' might be better.

Your problem isn't with me, its with our society the way it is.

He won 46.1% of the vote.  That's "some" of the vote.  Even if all of those people like his childish behavior that's "some people".  I've provided data that 16% "like" the way he conducts himself as President.  That's certainly "some people".

Yes, you said "its more than some people".  I asked how many more?  I'm still awaiting an answer. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2018, 06:11:44 pm »
@Once-Ler

I'm getting more than a little sick of people like you accusing people like me of 'selling our souls.'

Your self-righteous smugness just reeks of your being a democrat plant or an idiot.  Choose one.

We just had an election which eventually came down to two choices.

People who made the choice to support Trump were not condoning every bad thing Trump had ever said or done in his life.  They were voting for the better choice.

I am sorry you feel so much shame Emjay.  It was not my intention to put your failings in the spotlight.  I did not know I was describing you when I said "All you need to win is sell your soul."

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2018, 06:14:42 pm »
I would love it if Trump acted like an adult.  I just don't think he can.  I've agreed with some of his policies (e.g., ISIS, judges, VA reform), and I disagreed with others (e.g., adding trillions to the debt, tariffs), but the one thing I've consistently spoken out against (and will continue to so) is his childish behavior.

@Concerned

You sum it up perfectly. 
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2018, 06:14:52 pm »
I am sorry you feel so much shame Emjay.  It was not my intention to put your failings in the spotlight.  I did not know I was describing you when I said "All you need to win is sell your soul."

@Once-Ler
Actually its people like you who are selling out America to soothe their own ego.   You think you're perfect when in fact  you're irrelevant.

@Emjay
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2018, 06:16:37 pm »
He won 46.1% of the vote.  That's "some" of the vote.  Even if all of those people like his childish behavior that's "some people".  I've provided data that 16% "like" the way he conducts himself as President.  That's certainly "some people".

Yes, you said "its more than some people".  I asked how many more?  I'm still awaiting an answer.

@Concerned
He won 46.1% of the popular vote.   The Presidency isn't determined by the popular vote.  Perhaps you heard how that works way back in school

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2018, 06:17:24 pm »
I don't understand why you're getting so angry and bent out of shape over a Republican victory @Once-Ler

Relax, without Donald Trump on the ticket, you'll never have to worry about it again.

I am not angry.  I am despondent, and I do not see republican victory.  I believe I will relax when Trump is not on the ticket, either because the country has grown, or burned.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2018, 06:18:22 pm »
I really have nothing more to add than what I said in Reply #41:

I would love it if Trump acted like an adult.  I just don't think he can. 

With all due respect @Concerned I do not believe you.  I think you are among the majority here who if the President changed tomorrow --- would simply change the definition of "adult".  Nor am I believing you have supported the President's policies, because if you did those policies would matter more than the words "son of a bitch".

I believe you are among those locked into a personal position  .... and will sacrifice the nation in an effort to prove it.

This is your right and I'll not try and take it from you --- or talk you out of it.  No reply is necessary because our debate is over. 

Enjoy the rest of the day.

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2018, 06:19:07 pm »
I am not angry.  ...

Yes, you are.

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2018, 06:20:33 pm »
@Once-Ler
Actually its people like you who are selling out America to soothe their own ego.   You think you're perfect when in fact  you're irrelevant.

@Emjay
And yet you reply.

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2018, 06:21:27 pm »

Offline Concerned

« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2018, 06:34:46 pm »
@Concerned
He won 46.1% of the popular vote.   The Presidency isn't determined by the popular vote.  Perhaps you heard how that works way back in school

Of course, but we're talking about the number of people who like his childish behavior.  Counting electoral votes doesn't help us much there but counting actual votes can provide us with some insight into the ceiling of the people who like his childish behavior.

BTW -- Clinton received 43% of the vote in 1993 and had more electoral votes than Trump received in this past election. Clinton was terrible, as well. It really matters if you have a solid majority behind you.  Trump is losing support rather than gaining it.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2018, 06:37:24 pm »
Of course, but we're talking about the number of people who like his childish behavior.  Counting electoral votes doesn't help us much there but counting actual votes can provide us with some insight into the ceiling of the people who like his childish behavior.

BTW -- Clinton received 43% of the vote in 1993 and had more electoral votes than Trump received in this past election. Clinton was terrible, as well. It really matters if you have a solid majority behind you.  Trump is losing support rather than gaining it.

@Concerned
Its childish to be fixated on his behavior at the expense of everything else going on.     Clinton is criminally corrupt and was the only other option for someone who could win.

I do my best to deal in reality when it comes to politics.  What is possible vs living in the land of unicorns.   

Offline Concerned

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2018, 06:40:49 pm »
With all due respect @Concerned I do not believe you.  I think you are among the majority here who if the President changed tomorrow --- would simply change the definition of "adult".  Nor am I believing you have supported the President's policies, because if you did those policies would matter more than the words "son of a bitch".

I believe you are among those locked into a personal position  .... and will sacrifice the nation in an effort to prove it.

This is your right and I'll not try and take it from you --- or talk you out of it.  No reply is necessary because our debate is over. 

Enjoy the rest of the day.

@Right_in_Virginia

Just because the President is a liar doesn't mean the rest of us are.  I strive to always tell the truth.  Always.  I've publicly praised the President on all the things I identified previously (e.g., ISIS, judges, VA reform) right here on TBR.  I also praised his remarks after Las Vegas and his Christmas visits to Walter Reed.  That's the beauty of objectivity -- you are able to praise what you like and criticize what you don't.  I try and do that and encourage others to do the same.

I do believe the President's childish behavior reflects badly on the Office and on the country.  I am absolutely locked into that position, and I will continue to criticize him when he acts childishly IMO.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2018, 06:42:23 pm »

Right.  We're irrelevant. 

That's why Trump acolytes have gone literally berserk in attempting shame into silence any criticisms, lack of support or hell, not having a live thread running on a Trump rally.

We're far from irrelevant, because if we were - we wouldn't be such an object of your attentions.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2018, 06:43:21 pm »
Are you saying if the President spoke in soft tones with pastel shadings you would like him @Concerned ?

hahahahaha.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2018, 06:45:16 pm »
@Concerned
Its childish to be fixated on his behavior at the expense of everything else going on.     Clinton is criminally corrupt and was the only other option for someone who could win.

I do my best to deal in reality when it comes to politics.  What is possible vs living in the land of unicorns.   

Who's "fixated on his behavior at the expense of everything else"?  I've praised lots of things and criticized lots of other things from a policy perspective with President Trump.  That certainly doesn't reflect a fixation "on his behavior at the expense of everything else". 

When I mentioned Clinton in 1993, I was citing Bill in his election not Hillary.  I think you mistakenly thought I was referring to Hillary based on your "only option" and "land of the unicorns" comment.  FYI.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 06:47:10 pm by Concerned »

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2018, 06:46:04 pm »
Right.  We're irrelevant. 

That's why Trump acolytes have gone literally berserk in attempting shame into silence any criticisms, lack of support or hell, not having a live thread running on a Trump rally.

We're far from irrelevant, because if we were - we wouldn't be such an object of your attentions.

@INVAR
Yes you are.

Nobody is perfect enough for you as you sling arrows from your self-inscribed mountain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2018, 06:46:31 pm »

See, here's proof that it doesn't matter to a the cult of Trump if you agree with anything Trump says or does.

They demand total and absolute worship and obeisance to the man and his party - or they do not believe anything you may agree with him on.

@Concerned

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2018, 06:47:01 pm »
It’s been more than obvious for a while, @Emjay  Some of us have been had.

@anubias

Yeah, we have.  We've spent endless hours trying to reason with people who are only here to annoy us and do democrat talking points.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2018, 06:48:30 pm »
@INVAR
Yes you are.

You go think that.

Meanwhile, I will continue to enjoy all the attentions you and yours provide us 'irrelevant' critics of Trump and your party.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2018, 06:52:07 pm »
See, here's proof that it doesn't matter to a the cult of Trump if you agree with anything Trump says or does.

They demand total and absolute worship and obeisance to the man and his party - or they do not believe anything you may agree with him on.

@Concerned

@INVAR

This is indeed perplexing to me.  I just went back and looked:  right here on TBR, I've openly and clearly praised Trump on at least 10 things from policy to personnel to strategy with words like Trump "deserves all the credit in the world" yet because I criticize other policy or behavior, the praise is seemingly ignored.  It is odd behavior.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2018, 06:53:24 pm »
@INVAR

This is indeed perplexing to me.  I just went back and looked:  right here on TBR, I've openly and clearly praised Trump on at least 10 things from policy to personnel to strategy with words like Trump "deserves all the credit in the world" yet because I criticize other policy or behavior, the praise is seemingly ignored.  It is odd behavior.

@Concerned
If only we could be as perfect as you and the rest of the NTs.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2018, 06:55:33 pm »
You go think that.

Meanwhile, I will continue to enjoy all the attentions you and yours provide us 'irrelevant' critics of Trump and your party.

@INVAR
THats ok, we know you are a troll.  its been obvious for quite a while.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2018, 06:59:07 pm »
@Concerned
If only we could be as perfect as you and the rest of the NTs.

I'm far from perfect (just ask my wife   :laugh:), but I do try and tell the truth (always) and try and show others respect.  I try and not call others names and try not to personally attack others.  I try and base my arguments on facts, and I try and base my opinions on facts, evidence, and data.  When asked a question or defend a position, I do my best to answer respectfully.

Having said that, I'm awfully impatient and don't suffer fools kindly.  I'm rigid and very black and white about things.  I take words literally and as my signature line notes, I still believe that "Principles matter.  Words matter" (quoting austingirl).