Author Topic: Trump says he hopes economy crashes in next 12 months: ‘I don’t want to be Herbert Hoover’  (Read 1970 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump says he hopes economy crashes in next 12 months: ‘I don’t want to be Herbert Hoover’
by Sarah Fortinsky - 01/08/24 8:43 PM ET

Former President Trump said in an interview that aired Monday that he predicts the U.S. economy will crash and that he hopes it does so within the next year.

In the interview with Lou Dobbs, Trump, the current front-runner in the GOP presidential primary race, explained that, if he were elected again, he would not want to serve a term similar to President Hoover’s — who took office when the economy was stable but later oversaw the start of the Great Depression.

Trump railed against the economy but conceded that there were some good aspects of it and took credit for those successes.

“We have an economy that’s so fragile, and the only reason it’s running now is it’s running off the fumes of what we did,” Trump said. “It’s just running off the fumes.”

Trump added: “And when there’s a crash — I hope it’s going to be during this next 12 months because I don’t want to be Herbert Hoover. The one president I just don’t want to be, Herbert Hoover.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4396467-trump-says-he-hopes-economy-crashes-in-next-12-months-i-dont-want-to-be-herbert-hoover/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Another soundbite for the Democrats. You don’t wish for the economy to crash when you’re running for president. Trump is admitting that his only hope is for a major economic crash in order for him to have a chance to be reelected

Besides, he already holds that title. He left office with the worst jobs record than Herbert Hoover. He’s forgetting the damage he did to the economy when he was president.

The last several election cycles, it seems like our candidates get worse and worse. I can’t help but wonder is that the candidates that are getting worse, or is it just a reflection of the decline of the country?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 03:02:21 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online corbe

Didn't obummer wish this openly during the housing crisis of 2008?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online LMAO

More debt, inflation, tariffs, handing over control of the economy to healthcare bureaucrats thereby crashing it, gave us people like Christopher Ray and Milley, and is costing the GOP election after election

And his supporters can’t figure out why conservatives such as myself aren’t craving  more of that
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 03:06:47 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Another soundbite for the Democrats. You don’t wish for the economy to crash when you’re running for president. Trump is admitting that his only hope is for a major economic crash in order for him to have a chance to be reelected

Besides, he already holds that title. He left office with the worst jobs record than Herbert Hoover. He’s forgetting the damage he did to the economy when he was president.

The last several election cycles, it seems like our candidates get worse and worse. I can’t help but wonder is that the candidates that are getting worse, or is it just a reflection of the decline of the country?

Let’s be fair.  Trump suffered from COVID Hysteria.  Even if he had riled against it the juggernaut was for everyone to freak out and treat it like Bubonic Plague.  The economy was artificially destroyed by this asinine childish reaction.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online LMAO

Let’s be fair.  Trump suffered from COVID Hysteria.  Even if he had riled against it the juggernaut was for everyone to freak out and treat it like Bubonic Plague.  The economy was artificially destroyed by this asinine childish reaction.

It’s was not the pandemic

It was how the pandemic was handled. I’ve lived through many pandemics throughout my career and I’ve never seen one that was treated this way.

It’s the same with the stock market crash of 1929. It was how it was handled that turned it into a Great Depression. There were other crashes and panics before the one in 1929

I’m actually easier on Donald Trump when it came to handling the Covid fiasco than others.  But I see nothing that indicates that he’s learned anything from that.

Barry Goldwater

Offline the OlLine Rebel

It’s was not the pandemic

It was how the pandemic was handled. I’ve lived through many pandemics throughout my career and I’ve never seen one that was treated this way.

It’s the same with the stock market crash of 1929. It was how it was handled that turned it into a Great Depression. There were other crashes and panics before the one in 1929

I’m actually easier on Donald Trump when it came to handling the Covid fiasco than others.  But I see nothing that indicates that he’s learned anything from that.

Please note I called it Hysteria.  For a reason.

I have never seen a disease treated like this.  Notably a few years prior, when Ebola probably should’ve been treated more seriously (as in, stopped travel from African places, which they refused todo), nothing was done.  Yet a few years pass and commies seem to pounce on the opportunity - certainly when they realized how profitable it could be to their cause.

Not saying the initial concern wasn’t warranted, as we didn’t know.  But since the gov went hog wild, yes, the disease and the Hysteria the PTB engendered, led to this horrible economy.  Of course it does when you insist everyone be shut down and locked in their houses.

Trump of course condoned it by standing by, probably unsure due to his phobia.  (Another thing that should be pointed out more.). He wasn’t primarily responsible, but didn’t help.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This is such a quintessentially Trumpish statement, almost mind-boggling in its degree of self-absorption.  The concern he expresses regarding a potential economic crash is not for how  average Americans would be affected by it, but rather for how a crash might impact his personal legacy.

So it's not what happens to the country that is important to him. What matters is who gets the credit for the good things and who gets the blame for the bad things.  That's why he doesn't care about things like fiscal responsibility. He figures the blame for a fiscal collapse will go to somebody else, whereas he will get the credit for spending money on programs that his supporters like.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 06:21:15 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I don't think he understands what happened in the 1932 election very well.

Offline cato potatoe

What is the basis for these gloom and doom predictions?  Everyone still seems to be enamored with our glorious currency, and not much will change until that does.

Offline DB

Wish hardship on millions of people so something goes better for you.

Narcissist squared.

Offline Hoodat

Trump says he hopes economy crashes in next 12 months: ‘I don’t want to be Herbert Hoover’

So he would rather be FDR?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 ‘He doesn’t give a damn about people:’ Biden campaign hits Trump comments on economy crashing
by Alex Gangitano - 01/09/24 1:43 PM ET

President Biden’s reelection campaign bashed former President Trump on Tuesday after he said he hoped the U.S. economy crashed in the next 12 months, arguing he doesn’t care about people.

“Donald Trump should just say he doesn’t give a damn about people, because that’s exactly what he’s telling the American people when he says he hopes the economy crashes. In his relentless pursuit of power and retribution, Donald Trump is rooting for a reality where millions of Americans lose their jobs and live with the crushing anxiety of figuring out how to afford basic needs,” campaign manager Julie Chavez Rodriguez said.

Trump, in an interview with former Fox Business Network host Lou Dobbs on a network launched by MyPillow founder Mike Lindell, called the economy “fragile” and said he is hoping for a crash within the year.

“And when there’s a crash — I hope it’s going to be during this next 12 months, because I don’t want to be Herbert Hoover,” Trump said in the interview that aired Monday night. “The one president I just don’t want to be, Herbert Hoover.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4398028-biden-campaign-hits-trump-comments-economy-crashing-he-doesnt-give-a-damn-about-people/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ya know Trump, sometimes it's best to keep some of your thoughts to yourself.

I have been waiting to see what the WH's comments about his latest *thought*..they are still using *I will be a dictator on the first day* in their campaign ads.... 9999hair out0000
Support the USO

Online LMAO

He is the Democrat Party’s best asset

He’s been great for their “get out the vote” effort since after 2016

He’s been great for their fundraising efforts

He’s given them plenty of fodder for campaign ads
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 07:26:11 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online berdie

Narcissist squared.

Sure sounds that way even if that wasn't the intent.

Thanks Donald!! I'll keep that in mind when I vote.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Ya know Trump, sometimes it's best to keep some of your thoughts to yourself.

I have been waiting to see what the WH's comments about his latest *thought*..they are still using *I will be a dictator on the first day* in their campaign ads.... 9999hair out0000
Trump is incapable of either keeping his extremely big mouth shut...ever! Nor is he even remotely capable of not stuffing his big fat foot in it. How many times has he snatched failure out of the democrats defeat over the years? It's like he actually revels in bailing out democrats at his and our expense.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 11:12:13 pm by GtHawk »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Seems to me that 'way back around December 2019 b.c. (before covid) folks in this forum were quite happy with the economy under Mr. Trump. Employment levels, growth, etc., were doing just fine.

Even those who didn't like him personally... still liked the state of the economy.
And then...?

"Nobody loves you when you're down and out..."

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Narcissist squared.
Remember when Slick Willie whined about why couldn't 9-11 have happened on his watch(which actually all but the finale did)...maybe this is just a democrat thing :shrug:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
We can only hope and pray that he's not the nominee.  He'd be a disaster.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online LMAO

Seems to me that 'way back around December 2019 b.c. (before covid) folks in this forum were quite happy with the economy under Mr. Trump. Employment levels, growth, etc., were doing just fine.

Even those who didn't like him personally... still liked the state of the economy.
And then...?

"Nobody loves you when you're down and out..."

The economy was doing decently under Trump until the pandemic. But it wasn’t the greatest economic recovery as he and his supporters like to claim. it was more of a continuation of growth since the 2008 crash

My 401(k) did well under Trump. But it also did very well this last year in 2023.

The true measure of Trump’s economic prowess would’ve been if he inherited some kind of economic crash. Instead, he inherited a growing economy and crashed it on his way out by handing the economy over to people like Fauci and Brix. And when the crisis hit, his instinct was to spend and print massive amounts of money that’s coming to haunt us in more than one way to this day. He even fought Republicans who wanted to control that and sided  with Democrats.

And his tariffs also were costing the economy. But the problem is not just what he did. It’s what he’s promising to do if reelected.

https://money.com/trump-vs-obama-economy/?amp=true
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 11:35:07 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

Remember when Slick Willie whined about why couldn't 9-11 have happened on his watch(which actually all but the finale did)...maybe this is just a democrat thing :shrug:

Was it slick himself who said it or was it his supporters? I remember tingles stating that he wish it happened on slick’s  watch

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

What is the basis for these gloom and doom predictions?  Everyone still seems to be enamored with our glorious currency, and not much will change until that does.

Even the new Argentina president is gonna tie his currency to our dollar.

Barry Goldwater

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The economy was doing decently under Trump until the pandemic. But it wasn’t the greatest economic recovery as he and his supporters like to claim. it was more of a continuation of growth since the 2008 crash

My 401(k) did well under Trump. But it also did very well this last year in 2023.

The true measure of Trump’s economic prowess would’ve been if he inherited some kind of economic crash. Instead, he inherited a growing economy and crashed it on his way out by handing the economy over to people like Fauci and Brix

And his tariffs also were costing the economy. But the problem is not just what he did. It’s what he’s promising to do if reelected.

https://money.com/trump-vs-obama-economy/?amp=true

The economy did well under Trump with job creation and low unemployment; that's undeniable. He revamped NAFTA and tarrifs -- which China in part greatly retaliated with COVID (just my opinion).  When the pandemic hit he ventured into uncharted territory and you need to remember he ultimately left things up to the states; he assisted with getting PPE's, make shift hospitals, etc., and cutting through some of the red tape.  So I blame much on the governors of the states like MI as an example.

Fauci and Birx were absolutely a huge mistake and he did really nothing to stop what they were selling.  Again, I question why Fauci's research was shutdown under O'Bamma and started up again under Trump.  You mean to tell me that Trump didn't know?

The concern is he has gone after conservatives and yes, all of the times he's recently put his foot in his mouth; especially his comments on retribution and dictatorship.  Though, in the long run perhaps it's a good thing that he opened his mouth otherwise we wouldn't know what's floating around in that mind of his.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online LMAO

The economy did well under Trump with job creation and low unemployment; that's undeniable. He revamped NAFTA and tarrifs -- which China in part greatly retaliated with COVID (just my opinion).  When the pandemic hit he ventured into uncharted territory and you need to remember he ultimately left things up to the states; he assisted with getting PPE's, make shift hospitals, etc., and cutting through some of the red tape.  So I blame much on the governors of the states like MI as an example.

Fauci and Birx were absolutely a huge mistake and he did really nothing to stop what they were selling.  Again, I question why Fauci's research was shutdown under O'Bamma and started up again under Trump.  You mean to tell me that Trump didn't know?

The concern is he has gone after conservatives and yes, all of the times he's recently put his foot in his mouth; especially his comments on retribution and dictatorship.  Though, in the long run perhaps it's a good thing that he opened his mouth otherwise we wouldn't know what's floating around in that mind of his.

China retaliated with the trade war that preceded the pandemic. We had to bailout farmers due to his tariffs.

Trump was also critical of people like Brian Kemp, who he thought opened up Georgia too soon and he was critical of Sweden for not locking down

And Trump was eager to send out those checks and sided with Democrats over congressional Republicans on the amount which laid the groundwork for inflation. Many of us conservatives were warning that that was gonna happen. The Biden administration threw wood on that fire

It’s a window on how Trump would handle a crisis. That’s why evaluating how he handled the pandemic is important. I don’t hold him 100% responsible of how it was handled. And I don’t blame him like the Democrats did for the Covid deaths. But it tells us how he would handle any crisis.

Barry Goldwater