Author Topic: Trump says he hopes economy crashes in next 12 months: ‘I don’t want to be Herbert Hoover’  (Read 1969 times)

Online LMAO

He’s staking his hopes on a 2008 style crash before the election. But there’s a really good chance that we won’t see any crash, if there is one, until after the election.

We have to wear masks again at the hospital. Many of the people I work with wonder if they’re going to try to lock us down again. I assured them that if there’s another lockdown, it won’t come until after the election.

And Biden has something that Trump didn’t have and won’t have. And that is a compliant press

But inflation, energy prices, and the economy were in tough shape in the 2022 midterm election, and the Democrats were able to defeat challenges from Trump endorsed candidates.

If anything having to do with Trump can’t win in 2022, they are not gonna do any better in 2024
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 12:00:17 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

China retaliated with the trade war that preceded the pandemic. We had to bailout farmers due to his tariffs.

Trump was also critical of people like Brian Kemp, who he thought opened up Georgia too soon and he was critical of Sweden for not locking down

And Trump was eager to send out those checks and sided with Democrats over congressional Republicans on the amount which laid the groundwork for inflation. Many of us conservatives were warning that that was gonna happen. The Biden administration threw wood on that fire

It’s a window on how Trump would handle a crisis. That’s why evaluating how he handled the pandemic is important. I don’t hold him 100% responsible of how it was handled. And I don’t blame him like the Democrats did for the Covid deaths. But it tells us how he would handle any crisis.

You are right and if IIRC Trump made sure that his name appeared on those checks.

Online LMAO

You are right and if IIRC Trump made sure that his name appeared on those checks.

lol

That’s right I forgot about that. He also said that the farmers should be grateful to him for the bailout that was needed because of his policies.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 12:41:16 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline corbe

It doesn't seem to matter what this uneducated imbecile says, he will be carried by his adoring psychopaths through the primary just to lose the General, again.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

It doesn't seem to matter what this uneducated imbecile says, he will be carried by his adoring psychopaths through the primary just to lose the General, again.

Well, I am still one who believes that he will not win the GOP nomination, nor obviously will he be seated in the oval office.

Offline corbe

I agree @libertybele
   Is it asking too much for the GOP to let go of their 10 year orange squirrel project and give back Governance to the Adults   :shrug:

Hopefully Trump will give up all hope after his next rejection and start a podcast somewhere.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

I agree @libertybele
   Is it asking too much for the GOP to let go of their 10 year orange squirrel project and give back Governance to the Adults   :shrug:

Hopefully Trump will give up all hope after his next rejection and start a podcast somewhere.

Him losing again will do him in; he'll no longer conduct rallies enabling him to blow off steam and brag about himself and pander to his misguided supporters. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Was feeling nauseous since I woke up this morning due to my medical issues, but unable to vomit

...until I clicked on and read thru this thread.

Thanks to you all!   /s   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online LMAO

Was feeling nauseous since I woke up this morning due to my medical issues, but unable to vomit

This isn’t about us

This is a about a presidential candidate, stating that he hopes the economy crashes in the next 12 months as he believes that would benefit him

We’re not the ones who made the statement. He did. He has given even more fodder for Democrat party campaign commercials.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 01:20:19 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline corbe

I picked a h3ll of a year to quit Drinking.

Offline libertybele

Yikes, that doesn't sound like fun at all @DCPatriot, but,  I'm glad we could accommodate you.  I hope you are feeling better.  happy77

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Yup. And that's exactly where the idea that Trump will be a great president because "all he wants to do is be remembered for saving the country" goes off the rails.

In fact, that's exactly what makes him a populist rather than a conservative.  Principles don't matter -- only popularity does, and Trump is a short-term thinker if ever there was one.   So whatever he does in the short term that can make him more popular is exactly what he is going to do regardless of the long-term impact.   I'd much rather have a guy dedicated to doing the right thing rather than the popular thing.

Online LMAO

Yup. And that's exactly where the idea that Trump will be a great president because "all he wants to do is be remembered for saving the country" goes off the rails.

In fact, that's exactly what makes him a populist rather than a conservative.  Principles don't matter -- only popularity does, and Trump is a short-term thinker if ever there was one.   So whatever he does in the short term that can make him more popular is exactly what he is going to do regardless of the long-term impact.   I'd much rather have a guy dedicated to doing the right thing rather than the popular thing.

And despite those checks, he was and remained unpopular

Barry Goldwater

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'd much rather have a guy dedicated to doing the right thing rather than the popular thing.

What if the popular thing *is* the right thing?

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Hate to break it to everyone, but as the debt starts significantly exceeding 150% of GDP, its not really going to matter who is in power.  Especially since we don't have an industrial based economy like we had post World War II to help.

When the house of cards falls.....  it will fall.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

What if the popular thing *is* the right thing?

What if it isn't?  Because the last time I checked, appointing a  bunch of Swamp rats to top positions, and running up $3 trillion in deficit spending in a single year while dishing out free cash to a bunch of Democrats so that they could stay home, not pay their rent, and donate to Democrat candidates - these are not examples of doing the right thing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
What if it isn't?  Because the last time I checked, appointing a  bunch of Swamp rats to top positions, and running up $3 trillion in deficit spending in a single year while dishing out free cash to a bunch of Democrats so that they could stay home, not pay their rent, and donate to Democrat candidates - these are not examples of doing the right thing.

And we know that very often, the popular thing is the wrong thing.  What FDR did was popular.  The entitlement programs were popular.  Handing out money is always going to be popular in the short term as well.