Author Topic: 'The climate crisis is a health crisis,' WHO's Vanessa Kerry tells FRANCE 24  (Read 179 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'The climate crisis is a health crisis,' WHO's Vanessa Kerry tells FRANCE 24

Issued on: 23/11/2023 - 12:03

TETE A TETE12:50
TÊTE À TÊTE © FRANCE 24
By:
Marc Perelman

Vanessa Kerry, who in June became the first-ever Special Envoy for Climate Change and Health for the World Health Organization, will be front and centre at the upcoming COP28 climate conference in Dubai. So will her father, John Kerry, in his capacity as the Biden administration's Special Climate Envoy. Vanessa Kerry discussed the immediate and future climate challenges facing the world in an interview with FRANCE 24's Marc Perelman.

Asked about her appointment as Special Envoy for Climate Change and Health, Vanessa Kerry explained that "the climate crisis is a health crisis" with "seven million people a year dying from air pollution".

"There's a very real opportunity for us to have a health-centered approach to climate change" and to protect "how we live, how we breathe, how we walk and what we can do in our lives", Kerry explained. In short, her appointment is "truly an opportunity to continue to flag the urgency of what we face".

'Investments in health are actually savings'
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres recently called for "dramatic climate action", warning that "we're out of road" on global warming and that more funds are necessary.

https://www.france24.com/en/tv-shows/t%C3%AAte-%C3%A0-t%C3%AAte/20231123-the-climate-crisis-is-a-health-crisis-who-s-vanessa-kerry-tells-france-24
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Keeping the assault on freedom in the family. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson