Author Topic: The Binary Choice: If Trump Were Our President Today  (Read 2075 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Binary Choice: If Trump Were Our President Today
« on: November 22, 2023, 03:13:51 pm »
November 22, 2023
The Binary Choice: If Trump Were Our President Today
By Allan J. Feifer

Whatever your news source, there is a consensus among most that the world is a tinderbox with more chaos and danger than many can recall within their lifetime.  Sixty years ago, I grew up during the Cuban Missile Crisis.  People were scared, but the fear was binary, with almost everyone equally frightened about what Khrushchev might do.  But now, there is a sense of what you might call "Fear de Jour." You no sooner begin to relax from one monumental crisis before something worse occurs.  Perhaps never in my life have so many balls been in the air simultaneously.  All are overlayed by an apparent lack of cohesive and reassuring leadership that suggests to many that there is no light at the end of the tunnel, except perhaps an oncoming speeding train.  I've never experienced such general hopelessness about our future from so many.

Compare and contrast the two very different leadership styles of Biden and Trump and their likely effect on world events.  We'll imagine how each man faces the same crises Biden is currently dealing with.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/11/the_binary_choice_if_trump_were_our_president_today.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline cato potatoe

Re: The Binary Choice: If Trump Were Our President Today
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 03:42:44 pm »
Other than immigration, for which a worse scenario is hard to imagine, this is pure speculation.  Trump is a northeastern big government "populist" with a soft spot for tyrants.  He would have created his own messes, such as the farmer bailout, the high inflation following the CARES Act, and he possibly would have shouldered the blame for Ukraine and Gaza.  We know he wanted to spend an ungodly amount on infrastructure, to include freedom cities and other boondoggles, so there is little chance the deficit would be any lower.

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 03:47:31 pm »
   As long as dicktators said nice things about him he'd be cool with them.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2023, 04:40:15 pm »
   As long as dicktators said nice things about him he'd be cool with them.

Yup.  Trump could potentially be even worse than Biden.  Not just incompetent, but actually siding with guys like Putin.

Online LMAO

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2023, 05:27:22 pm »
From the article…

When Trump left office, inflation was at less than 1.5%.  Inflation can be directly tied to the spending programs that Biden initiated and pushed through -- Basic Economics 101.

Does this writer understand that when Trump left office, the economy by and large was still shut down?

Also, the new spending programs from Biden definitely added gas to the inflation. Had Biden entered office and proposed no new spending programs, inflation probably would’ve been transitory. But the writer ignores Trump’s contribution to inflation

Also from the article…

Trump's fight against the swamp and regulatory dysfunction would have continued unabated.  Gradually, the cost of government (as well as the headcount) would have decreased.  We were on a path to fiscal sanity.  In contrast, Democrats fight against small government.

Mostly speculation not matched by history. We were not on a path to fiscal sanity under Donald Trump. Even his most loyal supporters don’t even make that argument.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 05:45:07 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2023, 11:34:10 pm »
From the article…

When Trump left office, inflation was at less than 1.5%.  Inflation can be directly tied to the spending programs that Biden initiated and pushed through -- Basic Economics 101.

Does this writer understand that when Trump left office, the economy by and large was still shut down?

Also, the new spending programs from Biden definitely added gas to the inflation. Had Biden entered office and proposed no new spending programs, inflation probably would’ve been transitory. But the writer ignores Trump’s contribution to inflation

Also from the article…

Trump's fight against the swamp and regulatory dysfunction would have continued unabated.  Gradually, the cost of government (as well as the headcount) would have decreased.  We were on a path to fiscal sanity.  In contrast, Democrats fight against small government.

Mostly speculation not matched by history. We were not on a path to fiscal sanity under Donald Trump. Even his most loyal supporters don’t even make that argument.
I see it so different from the writer, had Trump been elected he may have been a four year lame duck president with speaker Pelosi and democrats in control of both houses spending whatever they wanted and passing heinous laws just like they did the last two years of Trumps presidency and Trump would have continued to rubber stamp everything while telling his adoring acolytes how bitchin he was at his rallys. Anyway that's my story and I'm stickin to it!

Offline berdie

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2023, 12:28:59 am »
jmho, but any second term is not all that great.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2023, 12:49:28 am »
   William Jennings Bryan (same haircut as a non-vain Trump) was also Good at Ralleys, back in his day. 

He became a footnote in History, also.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2023, 01:18:22 am »
WJB is a very good comp for Trump.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2023, 01:23:58 am »
jmho, but any second term is not all that great.

Agreed. W's was a complete disaster.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2023, 01:45:22 am »
Trump's brand is chaos.

Chaos is bad for the economy.

The Biden Admin's Global Climate Change jihad against the American energy industry is a significant contributor to inflation and its stickiness.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2023, 01:45:54 am »

Yup.  Trump could potentially be even worse than Biden.  Not just incompetent, but actually siding with guys like Putin.
@Maj. Bill Martin

Are you insane? You know there is job waiting for you at MSNBC. Are you and Milley [the proud traitor] having Thanksgiving together?

The only person 'siding' with anyone is Newsom and Biden giving Xi a public sloppy BJ every chance they get, groveling and licking his boots.

In front of the cameras. In full view of everyone. They have no shame when it comes to kissing China's ass.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2023, 02:15:26 am »
*YAWN*

Hopium.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2023, 02:59:55 am »
HEY Guys! I just found out through a 'secret source' that if Trump is reelected the very first thing he will do is form an American alliance with North Korea, and his best friend Kim Jong Un. Next he will form an American alliance with Russia and his former lover Putin. In fact, TRUMP WANTS TO GIVE PUTIN AN OFFICE IN THE CAPITOL BUILDING AND AT MAR-A-LAGO! We have to stop the madness! Panic! Panic! Doom and extinction!

We have to stop Trump as a matter of life or death. Trump has had a sexually gay affair with Putin and they may actually get married once Putin relocates to Mar-a-Lago.

Trump and Xi do not get along. So we will have to wait to see how that works out. Xi will have to use Gavin his new boy-toy once Biden is gone.

The Trump/Putin marriage will allow the couple to rule over America with an iron-fist, executing people at will and eating crackers together in bed. Join with me in stopping the evil Satanic partnership from DESTROYING THE ENTIRE WORLLLLLD!!!!!!!!

LOL! NeverTrumpers are deluded paranoid clowns.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 01:12:27 am by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2023, 11:49:14 am »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2023, 10:24:19 pm »
Trump's brand is chaos.

The Biden Admin's Global Climate Change jihad against the American energy industry is a significant contributor to inflation and its stickiness.
For the average person, yes. For the big money, the time to buy is when there is blood in the streets. Volatility brings opportunity for profit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2023, 10:36:52 pm »
Trump's brand is chaos.

Trump's economy was better than most. And it was 1000% better than Biden. If Trump chaos is bad ... bring me a boatload of chaos please. I am tired of inflation and crazy food/fuel prices. Biden is what brought chaos, not Trump.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2023, 11:31:41 pm »
240b, thanks for the graphic in reply 14 above.

Memories in this forum are short, but fortunately mine is somewhat longer.

I remember how, back in 2019 and early 2020, how -most- (not all, but most) members of the forum were expressing themselves as being quite satisfied with Mr. Trump's accomplishments in DC, even if they didn't like his mean tweets.

But now?
Oh, they not only hate him... they ALWAYS hated him.

My reply:
B.S.

Mr. Trump will be the nominee.
2024 will be a "party vote". Vote for the party, even if you don't care for the candidate.
(aside: for the DCommunists, it has ALWAYS been "a party vote". That's why they're winning and our side is losing.)

Do what you have to do.

On the chance that Mr. Trump actually wins, gonna be a folks here, who no longer should belong here.

Sorry if you don't like this post.
The moderators may remove it if they wish.
But I won't retract it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2023, 01:39:29 am »
Trump's economy was better than most. And it was 1000% better than Biden. If Trump chaos is bad ... bring me a boatload of chaos please. I am tired of inflation and crazy food/fuel prices. Biden is what brought chaos, not Trump.

'Tumpy and the Coof' ... That ain't just a great name for a rock band...  :whistle:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2023, 02:30:06 am »

I remember how, back in 2019 and early 2020, how -most- (not all, but most) members of the forum were expressing themselves as being quite satisfied with Mr. Trump's accomplishments in DC, even if they didn't like his mean tweets.

But now?

My reply:
B.S.

2024 will be a "party vote". Vote for the party, even if you don't care for the candidate.
(aside: for the DCommunists, it has ALWAYS been "a party vote". That's why they're winning and our side is losing.)

Do what you have to do.

On the chance that Mr. Trump actually wins, gonna be a folks here, who no longer should belong here.

But I won't retract it.
you don't get a say in that.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2023, 06:23:07 am »

But now?

My reply:
B.S.

Do what you have to do.

But I won't retract it.

@Fishrrman

Truth!!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online LMAO

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2023, 09:41:07 am »

But now?

My reply:
B.S.

Do what you have to do.

But I won't retract it.

Nobody here hates Trump. But it’s fair to assess Trumps first term and many of the claims he’s making and his proposals because he is running again

On the border and energy, Trump was better that Biden and Obama. On the economy, he was similar to Obama. My memory is also very good and Trump did not inherit an economy in recession or even a stagnant one. He entered office with a growing economy, although sluggishly. On deficits and debt, he put us on a further unsustainable path and was heading that way even before COVID. In fact, should he have won in 2020 and continued on the path, he would have matched or even exceeded BHO on the debt

Now, his supporters here will say “ the deficits and debt under Trump and the massive spending he’s promising doesn’t matter.” Actually it does. It was the massive spending and the printing under Trump that can be traced to the inflation we are experiencing. Biden’s spending along with his energy policies is rubbing salt in the wound. Many of us predicted the inflation would come when the checks were being sent out as early as March 2020. And when congressional Republicans tried to reign some of that in, Trump opposed them. Had Biden not added his own spending, in fact, had Biden entered office and done nothing, we would  probably be out of the Trump inflation.

Trump’s tariffs were also bad. So bad, in fact, we had to bail out farmers. That’s not something I would brag about but not only did Trump brag about it, he’s promising more. And those Tariffs were showing signs of harming the economy even before COVID

The newly elected president of Argentina, OTOH, except for how he acts at times, is the opposite of Trump.  Maybe I’ll write him in on Nov 2024
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 10:11:58 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2023, 09:48:26 am »
Trump's economy was better than most. And it was 1000% better than Biden.

https://www.factsarefirst.com/comparison/joe-biden/donald-trump

Granted, the better performance under Biden when it comes to jobs and GDP was impacted by the fact that we were coming out of a national lockdown, but Trump’s economy was more comparable to BHO’s. And the economy that Trump inherited is different than the one BHO and Biden inherited

https://money.com/trump-vs-obama-economy/?amp=true

In contrast with Trump's numerous claims about building the greatest economy in history, Zandi found that by most measurements, the country's economic health under both administrations is quite similar. "The reality is that the economy did equally well in the last three years of President Obama’s second term as in Trump’s first three years," Zandi wrote.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 10:02:41 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2023, 10:01:32 am »

Barry Goldwater

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2023, 10:42:31 am »
Nobody here hates Trump. But it’s fair to assess Trumps first term and many of the claims he’s making and his proposals because he is running again

On the border and energy, Trump was better that Biden and Obama. On the economy, he was similar to Obama. My memory is also very good and Trump did not inherit an economy in recession or even a stagnant one. He entered office with a growing economy, although sluggishly. On deficits and debt, he put us on a further unsustainable path and was heading that way even before COVID. In fact, should he have won in 2020 and continued on the path, he would have matched or even exceeded BHO on the debt

Now, his supporters here will say “ the deficits and debt under Trump and the massive spending he’s promising doesn’t matter.” Actually it does. It was the massive spending and the printing under Trump that can be traced to the inflation we are experiencing. Biden’s spending along with his energy policies is rubbing salt in the wound. Many of us predicted the inflation would come when the checks were being sent out as early as March 2020. And when congressional Republicans tried to reign some of that in, Trump opposed them. Had Biden not added his own spending, in fact, had Biden entered office and done nothing, we would  probably be out of the Trump inflation.

Trump’s tariffs were also bad. So bad, in fact, we had to bail out farmers. That’s not something I would brag about but not only did Trump brag about it, he’s promising more. And those Tariffs were showing signs of harming the economy even before COVID

The newly elected president of Argentina, OTOH, except for how he acts at times, is the opposite of Trump.  Maybe I’ll write him in on Nov 2024

@LMAO

Stopped reading after the "bold" text.  You're delusional.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald