Author Topic: 1.5m Homes At Risk From Melting Sea Ice!  (Read 261 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
1.5m Homes At Risk From Melting Sea Ice!
« on: November 01, 2023, 11:08:31 am »
1.5m Homes At Risk From Melting Sea Ice!
OCTOBER 30, 2023
By Paul Homewood

A friend spotted this item on Talk TV a couple of weeks ago:

https://watch.talk.tv/watch/replay/18841536

The reporter claimed that up to 1.5 million UK properties face the increased risk of flooding because of “rising seas triggered by melting Arctic sea ice”. (At 7.05 am)

They seemingly are not aware that melting sea ice does not contribute to sea level rise!

She has filed a complaint, but Talk TV seem slow in responding. I suggest we all bombard them with complaints as well, it might wake them up!

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2023/10/30/1-5m-homes-at-risk-from-melting-sea-ice/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: 1.5m Homes At Risk From Melting Sea Ice!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 11:10:29 am »
Check it out by putting some ice in a glass of water and let is stand overnight.  Mark the water level at night and see where it is after the ice has melted. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: 1.5m Homes At Risk From Melting Sea Ice!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 10:04:54 am »
The only way melting sea ice could be a threat to 1.5 million homes is if the homes are built out on the ice.

Knowing how anal building codes can be, I doubt that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis