Author Topic: MAGA spreads rumors of a DeSantis affair with Kim Reynolds  (Read 10665 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: MAGA spreads rumors of a DeSantis affair with Kim Reynolds
« Reply #225 on: September 26, 2023, 11:42:26 pm »

One of the reasons why Trump wants to avoid a debate is he's afraid that, when confronted on many of his policy proposals, it may affect his standing in the GOP primary. He wants to ride his way to the nomination unchallenged

Remember when he ran the first time and he wanted to expand government run healthcare? And remember his reply when asked who was going to pay for it? He said the government was going to pay for it. He wants to avoid any questions on how he's going to pay for and implement his proposals as it could jeopardize his position in the GOP primary

Now, his most loyal of followers have no intellectual curiosity. They just believe if it comes from Trump, it's all good.  But there may be a percentage that backs him now but are susceptible to switching. He's trying to keep that from happening.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 12:55:52 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #226 on: September 26, 2023, 11:43:44 pm »
Actually the economy was doing quite well during his tenure.  The oil business was going full steam ahead.  He does get credit for those.

The economy was doing ok. Nothing spectacular but he didn't inherit an economy in freefall

He was right on energy and especially the border
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #228 on: September 27, 2023, 12:11:13 am »
No, that's not why most people hate him.  Maybe you ran into some people who said that, and have now generalized it to everyone else.

But of all the people I know who really hate Trump, not a single one has ever mentioned his wealth.  The first and literally only person I've ever heard that from is you.

I will add this - the left loves George Soros, and he's richer than Trump.  They loved the Kennedy's when they had tons of money.  Bill Haslam is a multibillionaire and he was a popular Republican governor in Tennessee.

@Maj. Bill Martin

The peasant left LOVE Soros because they believe he wants to get all the money,and give it to them. Somehow,they really and truly believe this multi-Billionaire really IS a dedicated communist that wants to share his wealth  with them instead of using them for slave labor in his businesses.

As for the Kennedy Klan,it was different times,and a naive America. The "glamor" produced by the media blinded everyone to the reality.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #229 on: September 27, 2023, 12:21:25 am »
The single most threatening thing rising against us IS BIG GOVERNMENT, and out of control spending. And you are voting for more, no doubt about it.

Word.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #230 on: September 27, 2023, 01:11:27 am »
Thus, taking emotion out of it, there's nobody better to lead this country right now than Donald J. Trump.

In 1942, there was nobody better to lead the Soviet Union than Josef Stalin.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #231 on: September 27, 2023, 01:32:13 am »
No, that's not why most people hate him.  Maybe you ran into some people who said that, and have now generalized it to everyone else.

But of all the people I know who really hate Trump, not a single one has ever mentioned his wealth.  The first and literally only person I've ever heard that from is you.

I will add this - the left loves George Soros, and he's richer than Trump.  They loved the Kennedy's when they had tons of money.  Bill Haslam is a multibillionaire and he was a popular Republican governor in Tennessee.

:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #232 on: September 27, 2023, 01:58:25 am »

@Maj. Bill Martin

The left loves Soros because they believe he is using his wealth to destroy  Capitalism and will then share the wealth with  them.

Nobody sane ever accused the left of being smart.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #233 on: September 27, 2023, 02:29:48 am »
@Maj. Bill Martin

The left loves Soros because they believe he is using his wealth to destroy  Capitalism and will then share the wealth with  them.

Nobody sane ever accused the left of being smart.

What about the multibillionaire former governor of Tennessee, a Republican?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #234 on: September 27, 2023, 03:52:33 am »
What about the multibillionaire former governor of Tennessee, a Republican?

@Maj. Bill Martin

I know nothing about him,and if I ever did,I have forgotten  it.

Chemo  brain.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #235 on: September 27, 2023, 04:36:38 am »
Actually the economy was doing quite well during his tenure.  The oil business was going full steam ahead.  He does get credit for those.

That was during his tenure... I asked for what lasted... beyond his time. That is change.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #236 on: September 27, 2023, 04:42:51 am »
@Maj. Bill Martin

I know nothing about him,and if I ever did,I have forgotten  it.

Chemo  brain.

Lol

Don’t feel bad. I’ve never heard of him until now, either

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #237 on: September 27, 2023, 04:58:50 am »
Trump NOT debating should raise questions in everyone's minds.  Regardless of the videos that he's made, the tweets and the rallies, that is not the same as actually going up against his opponents on a debate stage.

People don't want to see theatrics, they want to hear what each candidate is going to do on specific issues.  DeSantis, Haley, Scott, Pence, and Christie all have some sort of record.  Trump has his record as president and Ramsy, well, he has none.

IMHO Trump has been slinging mud at DeSantis even before DeSantis decided to run and is terrified of debating him.  DeSantis is more calm, more capable and more accomplished.  Unfortunately a lot of things Trump tried to implement disappeared as soon as Joe took office, so what he did was in essence ineffective.

Trump is taking some very radical positions. If he believes in these positions, then he should be front and center defending them and be willing to go toe to toe and defend them outside the bubble of his rallies and TruthSocial

Why does he believe we should lowering interest rates in an inflationary economy?

Who’s going to pay for his spending proposals?

Who and and how much should taxpayers bail out those harmed by his tariffs

Does he still believe we can print our way out of a default?

What mistakes did he make during COVID and what won’t he repeat should another pandemic hit?

His supporters don’t care.  If Trump proposes them, by golly gee then it’s all good. But those of us outside the MAGA bubble are more skeptical. And they shouldn’t be allowed to get away with “but he has explained all of this” which, the reality is he has not

He’s not just afraid of Ron DeSantis, although it was obvious from early on the idea of Ron DeSantis entering the race made him very anxious. He’s afraid of all the candidates on that stage, because he does not want to be put in a position to defend his proposals and many aspects of his record while president
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 11:44:02 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #238 on: September 27, 2023, 01:24:29 pm »
Trump is taking some very radical positions. If he believes in these positions, then he should be front and center defending them and be willing to go toe to toe and defend them outside the bubble of his rallies and TruthSocial

Why does he believe we should lowering interest rates in an inflationary economy?

Who’s going to pay for his spending proposals?

Who and and how much should taxpayers bail out those harmed by his tariffs

Does he still believe we can print our way out of a default?

What mistakes did he make during COVID and what won’t he repeat should another pandemic hit?

His supporters don’t care.  If Trump proposes them, by golly gee then it’s all good. But those of us outside the MAGA bubble are more skeptical. And they shouldn’t be allowed to get away with “but he has explained all of this” which, the reality is he has not

He’s not just afraid of Ron DeSantis, although it was obvious from early on the idea of Ron DeSantis entering the race made him very anxious. He’s afraid of all the candidates on that stage, because he does not want to be put in a position to defend his proposals and many aspects of his record while president

That may all be true, but those are all reasons why those of us who don't want Trump to be the nominee might want Trump in the debates.  It doesn't really explain why Trump himself should want to participate when he has this big a lead.  And why give in to what his opponents wants? After all, since not participating in the last debate, his numbers have only gone up, so it seems like not participating is working for him.   

I don't think he's a long-term thinker/strategist, but maybe his people think that this is the best way to win the nomination, and they'll worry about convincing fence sitters during the general election campaign.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #239 on: September 27, 2023, 01:42:57 pm »

@roamer_1   @Maj. Bill Martin

That's funny.  My wife's half Sicilian, and she says that's not at all what that means.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #240 on: September 27, 2023, 01:43:56 pm »
That may all be true, but those are all reasons why those of us who don't want Trump to be the nominee might want Trump in the debates.  It doesn't really explain why Trump himself should want to participate when he has this big a lead.  And why give in to what his opponents wants? After all, since not participating in the last debate, his numbers have only gone up, so it seems like not participating is working for him.   

I don't think he's a long-term thinker/strategist, but maybe his people think that this is the best way to win the nomination, and they'll worry about convincing fence sitters during the general election campaign.

Oh, I don’t doubt that his unwillingness to participate in the debate is a strategic decision. He knows his proposals would never stand up to scrutiny.

Amy Klobuchar, during one of the democrat primary debates, confronted Elizabeth Warren over Medicare for all by asking her what she would do to keep rural hospitals from being closed down as a result of her proposal. Elizabeth Warren just simply ignored the question.

This is what Trump is doing. How is he going to pay for his cities and baby bonuses as an example? Of course he can’t answer  that and risk his standing in the GOP primary polls.

The problem for we the people is there are real consequences for many of the things he’s proposing.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #241 on: September 27, 2023, 01:49:45 pm »
Oh, I don’t doubt that his unwillingness to participate in the debate is a strategic decision. He knows his proposals would never stand up to scrutiny.

Amy Klobuchar, during one of the democrat primary debates, confronted Elizabeth Warren over Medicare for all by asking her what she would do to keep rule hospitals from being closed down as a result of her proposal. Elizabeth Warren just simply ignored the question.

This is what Trump is doing. How is he going to pay for his cities and baby bonuses as an example? Of course he can’t answer  that and risk his standing in the GOP primary polls.

The problem for we the people is there are real consequences for many of the things he’s proposing.

I agree.

My entire family is conservative Republicans.  We've always voted for the GOP nominee in every Presidential election, including in 2016 and 2020, even if he wasn't a conservative simply because the alternative was so much worse.  But other than my mom and my wife - and they're both wavering - the rest of us are fed up with Trump to the point where we won't vote him if he's the nominee.  Now maybe we're all outliers because we're all college educated, and MAGA Republicans appear to detest those with a college education anyway.  But I don't think Trump can win if he loses a high percentage of college educated Republicans.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #242 on: September 27, 2023, 01:54:31 pm »
I agree.

My entire family is conservative Republicans.  We've always voted for the GOP nominee in every Presidential election, including in 2016 and 2020, even if he wasn't a conservative simply because the alternative was so much worse.  But other than my mom and my wife - and they're both wavering - the rest of us are fed up with Trump to the point where we won't vote him if he's the nominee.  Now maybe we're all outliers because we're all college educated, and MAGA Republicans appear to detest those with a college education anyway.  But I don't think Trump can win if he loses a high percentage of college educated Republicans.

Both my wife and I are also college educated. She voted for him twice. I voted for him once. Neither one of us will be voting for him this time.

My parents are both working class Democrats who voted for him in 2020 that will not be voting for him in 2024

As of now, we are leaning DeSantis. But that could change down the road. None of us are emotionally invested in any of the candidates. That clouds judgment.

All the GOP candidates running really need to force Donald Trump to defend his extreme positions. It will probably upset the MAGAs and cost them the primary. But it must be done.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 01:55:24 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline corbe

« Reply #243 on: September 27, 2023, 01:59:13 pm »
   Anyone see a pattern here?  Trump refused to debate bidet the second time, particularly since bidet told him to shut up in the first debate.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #244 on: September 27, 2023, 02:08:04 pm »
Now maybe we're all outliers because we're all college educated, and MAGA Republicans appear to detest those with a college education anyway. 

:laugh: :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:   ~.  breath  ~    :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Offline corbe

« Reply #245 on: September 27, 2023, 02:16:03 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #246 on: September 27, 2023, 02:26:23 pm »
:laugh: :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:   ~.  breath  ~    :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

@Maj.Bill Martin  @Right_in_Virginia

Nothing starts the morning  out quite as well as a little snobbery.

Oh,lawdy,lawdy,whur wood murika be toady widout collige edumacated leeders lak Biden n Harris?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #247 on: September 27, 2023, 02:29:54 pm »
   DeSantis shuts Ingram up.

https://twitter.com/SwissWatchGuy/status/1706825204368806271

@corbe

Just keep saying "I think  he can!,I think he  can!" over and over,and maybe your wish might come true!

Not likely since *I* have a better chance of being the next President than DeSanctimonious,but you just keep wishing upon a star while jumping up in the air and clicking your heels,if that's what makes you happy.

Offline corbe

« Reply #248 on: September 27, 2023, 02:44:31 pm »
   Didn't it work for Dorothy @sneakypete

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #249 on: September 27, 2023, 02:54:53 pm »
   Didn't it work for Dorothy @sneakypete

@corbe

Maybe she just wasn't wishing hard enough?