Author Topic: Video: DeSantis Goes On Stage in Iowa, and People Start Banging Cowbells Shortly After He Suffers H  (Read 10126 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
So... what was the point of this thread again?

Don't eat the yellow snow.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

But it might be a lemonade slushy...  :whistle:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DB

But it might be a lemonade slushy...  :whistle:

By the time you figure it out - it is too late...

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Or the mistake of banging cowbells. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DB

Lock downs and paying people not to work is expensive.

Online Hoodat

Like I said...nobody's mind is going to be changed.

One either values truth, or one does not.  Clearly, you do not.  QED on the "conversation" bit, since you clearly don't want that either.

Your only purpose in 'stalking' me is not to engage but rather to bait and ridicule.

Uh, no. @DCPatriot   Pointing out the factual errors of your statements wasn't ridicule.  It was a respect for truth.  And when you say Trump is going fix things in his second term while openly admitting he was powerless to do so in his first term, it brings up a blatant contradiction.  Again, no ridicule.  Just a contradiction where facts lie on one side and emotions on the other.  So again, let's have a conversation.  When you claim that "President Trump gave the nation the greatest economic boom in American modern times", the facts do not at all align with that statement.  Have you ever considered why it is you continue to offer that same premise, knowing it is false?  Does your emotional attachment to anything Trump override your ability to discern truth and reason?  Let's discuss.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

So... what was the point of this thread again?

To bash Conservatives using non-rational persuasion and other logical fallacies.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

By the time you figure it out - it is too late...

*SIGH*

Yeah... Even if it's in a cup. You never know...

Online roamer_1

Note the trend... Never going DOWN. That's what I'll vote for... the direct inverse of that graph.

But that ain't gonna come out of Tumpy.

No more big government. We can't afford it. And I don't care which side of the aisle is bringing it.

Online Hoodat

Thanks for posting.  It shows that the debt increased more under Trump's term than any other 4-year term in US history.  Even Obama was better.  Wow.

Offline LMAO

Thanks for posting.  It shows that the debt increased more under Trump's term than any other 4-year term in US history.  Even Obama was better.  Wow.

Well, Trump did say he was the “king of debt.”

A crown, God, willing, he’ll get to keep
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 02:07:08 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DCPatriot

LOL!  Another example of your complete dishonesty!

The graphic was posted to reinforce the fact I made that once the WHO and CDC declared a global pandemic...it was THEN that the 'stimulus' nonsense was pushed forward...printing money out of thin air.

Again, there wasn't a national political figure that would have handled it any differently that Pres. Trump.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

The graphic was posted to reinforce the fact I made that once the WHO and CDC declared a global pandemic...it was THEN that the 'stimulus' nonsense was pushed forward...printing money out of thin air.

Again, there wasn't a national political figure that would have handled it any differently that Pres. Trump.

https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump

Economists agree that we needed massive deficit spending during the COVID-19 crisis to ward off an economic cataclysm, but federal finances under Trump had become dire even before the pandemic. That happened even though the economy was booming and unemployment was at historically low levels. By the Trump administration’s own description, the pre-pandemic national debt level was already a “crisis” and a “grave threat.”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online DCPatriot

https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump

Economists agree that we needed massive deficit spending during the COVID-19 crisis to ward off an economic cataclysm, but federal finances under Trump had become dire even before the pandemic. That happened even though the economy was booming and unemployment was at historically low levels. By the Trump administration’s own description, the pre-pandemic national debt level was already a “crisis” and a “grave threat.”

How pathetic...your point.

The Trump administration stating that the current debt limit is a crisis...is no different that you guys preaching it every day. 

Online Hoodat

Economists agree that we needed massive deficit spending during the COVID-19 crisis to ward off an economic cataclysm

Many economists vehemently disagree with that assessment.

Offline LMAO

How pathetic...your point.

The Trump administration stating that the current debt limit is a crisis...is no different that you guys preaching it every day.

This post doesn’t make sense. The chart you posted actually confirmed all of our points that Trump was a disaster when it came to federal spending even pre-pandemic

And, there is no indication he plans on doing anything different than he did his first term. In fact, he’s promising even more spending.

These are just the facts. And debt to GDP ratio was already over 100% when he took office in 2017.

Barry Goldwater

Online DCPatriot

This post doesn’t make sense. The chart you posted actually confirmed all of our points that Trump was a disaster when it came to federal spending even pre-pandemic

And, there is no indication he plans on doing anything different than he did his first term. In fact, he’s promising even more spending.

These are just the facts. And debt to GDP ratio was already over 100% when he took office in 2017.

Nobody was refuting the claim that deficit spending exploded while President Trump was POTUS.

I served up a valid reason which the graph clearly shows.  Take away the phony pandemic and President Trump becomes typical.

Online Hoodat

Take away the phony pandemic and President Trump becomes typical.

If Trump has proven himself to be typical of those signing off on massive debt ( e.g. Obama), then why in the hell should we vote for him?

Offline libertybele

If Trump has proven himself to be typical of those signing off on massive debt ( e.g. Obama), then why in the hell should we vote for him?

There hasn't been a president that has brought about a budget since Clinton.

Whereas, DeSantis has pledged a declaration of economic independence:

Declaration of Economic Independence

America is in a state of decline -- militarily, culturally and economically.

People across our nation are collapsing under an economy that no longer works for the American family.

Americans have been saddled with persistently high prices and weak economic growth. American families have seen their quality of life and economic security diminish while our national debt has exploded, and our country loses to Communist China.

We need an economic policy that is focused on making the cost of living more affordable for working families. 

Our policies can no longer be driven by the ruling class.

It's time to name names and defeat those people and institutions that have formed the root cause of this economic malaise. And a family-focused economy means having the courage to take on our enemies.

We are no longer going to Kow-Tow to Wall Street and big corporations who don't have your interests front and center.

We are no longer going to sell out to China at the expense of the American working family.

The American Dream is slipping away from our nation's middle class. Federal government policies -- COVID lockdowns, reckless borrowing, printing and spending -- have escalated the costs of life's essentials so much so that buying a home, purchasing a car, or starting a family is cost prohibitive; and for many, even affording groceries has become a matter of saving.

The bottom half of American households have less wealth today than in 1989 while the top 10% have added $29 trillion in wealth over the same period.   

This trend accelerated in 2020 with Covid lockdowns and money-printing, crippling the market share of small business, diminishing the purchasing power of middle-class wages, and upending our workforce.  ..................

https://rondesantis.com/mission/Declaration-of-economic-independence/

« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 02:47:07 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

And even without that pandemic on that chart, had Trump got a second term, he would’ve probably have seen equal, or even greater amount added onto the debt than Obama

That chart wasn’t exactly a defense of Trump. And on top of it, Trump’s promising to add even more.

If I wanted a candidate that promises more massive deficits and debt, I would just vote for Bernie Sanders

Barry Goldwater

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Bullcrap.  And I'd wager there were plenty that wouldn't have given Fauci a freaking medal the day before leaving office in 2021 when there was absolutely no political benefit in doing so.

Offline Kamaji

Bullcrap.  And I'd wager there were plenty that wouldn't have given Fauci a freaking medal the day before leaving office in 2021 when there was absolutely no political benefit in doing so.

:thumbsup:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

The even larger question is if Trump refuses to take necessary actions because he believes they'll be politically unpopular - as he did in going along with Fauci and the stimulus checks - then what good is he?  How many more issues beyond just straight fiscal policy would come up in a second term where Trump would back down for that same reason?

It's pretty incredible. The one thing Trump fans love the most about the guy is that he supposedly is strong and will stand up to the swamp.   And yet, when push came to shove in the most critical national crisis facing us in decades, he wilted.  Exactly like the RINO's and GOPe would have done.

And rather than being rightly outraged that their leader betrayed them, his supporters just offer the incredibly lame excuse that it would have been politically unpopular.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 03:00:48 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Hoodat

Dishonesty?  Please show me anything I posted that wasn't truthful.

The graphic was posted to reinforce the fact I made that once the WHO and CDC declared a global pandemic...

I don't give a damn what WHO says.  As for the CDC, that's Trump's domain.

...it was THEN that the 'stimulus' nonsense was pushed forward...printing money out of thin air.

And Trump signed off on every dollar of it.  Both printing and spending.  And instead of helping the economy, it destroyed it.  Which every Conservative told you would happen.  Once again, Conservatives were right.

So we should vote for Trump because he is just like every other political figure?  Really?  This is your argument?

(btw, a President Ted Cruz would have handled it differently.  But that's because Cruz is a Conservative, not a Democrat like Trump.)