Author Topic: DeSantis rejects Trump’s ‘stolen’ election claims: ‘Of course he lost’  (Read 7217 times)

Offline LMAO

I think his proclivity to make politics personal has actually gotten worse over time, and that is very scary.

I listened to what he had to say about not signing the GOP primary pledge.  He sounds like he'd be willing to support Ramaswamy or  Scott because "they've been very nice to me.". He also mentioned that he had "great respect" for Kristi Noem because she wasn't running, and when asked why,  said that "nobody is going to beat Trump".

In other words, Trump's decision on what other Republicans he would support is based not on their policies, or experience, or competency, or the direction in which they'd take the country.  Rather, it is based on how nice they have treated him personally.

That is just despicable.

If any of the candidates would refuse to support another candidate because they truly believe that candidate's presidency would be bad for the country, I can respect that is a reason not to support the nominee.

But that's not Trump. He's not considering who would be good for the country - he just considers how nice/respectful they have been to him personally, putting his own individual ego over the welfare of the country.  And I have no doubt that's exactly how he govern if, by some miracle, he was elected President again.  Particularly in the context of foreign relations, that's just frightening.

That’s why we ended up with someone like Milley appointed to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff who has been a total disaster in his job despite the recommendation of others to appoint someone else
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
See his above reply?

You didn’t really think any of ,you requested was gonna happen with him did you?

@LMAO

ESAD,MF. My short-term memory was destroyed by massive doses of chemo,and there is nothing I can do about it,so I am NOT going to get a massive headache trying to track down your brain farts.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Okay, so if you are right, then why do you care about this non-existent election anyway? 

Because I am NOT a "surrender monkey". I am sorry I have to explain this to you,though.
Why have you gotten so bent out of shape because DeSantis "stabbed Trump in the back" over an election when the votes are already cast and sitting somewhere in DNC safes?  The election is a farce, it doesn't matter...so why do you even care at all?

Because I see mindless drones supporting candidates that are either a part of the problem,or DREAM of having the chance to be a part of the problem so they can also obtain massive off-shore bank accounts.

Doesn't make a lick of sense to me

Neither  does reality,but you just keep  "voting for change" by supporting RNC backed candidates,and let us know how that worked out for you to be turned into a political whore by "One of the usual suspects" pimps.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

ESAD,MF. My short-term memory was destroyed by massive doses of chemo,and there is nothing I can do about it,so I am NOT going to get a massive headache trying to track down your brain farts.

Ok, no problem

I will save you the chore of having to go back three pages and I’ll re-post what I originally posted.

“I don’t think you realize it but in your statement here is it’s you that is  fighting for the same old same old. The rest of us are the ones who are looking for change. We’re looking for change from watching the federal government grow. We’re looking for a change from an inflationary economy, that punishes investors and savers. We are looking for change from the absolute corruption in Washington DC. We’re looking for a change from watching the left thrive and win since Donald Trump has come on the scene.”

Now here’s your chance to address them in a reasonable, rational manner of what points that I made are incorrect and whether or not you support or oppose each point and why
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 07:00:27 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ok, no problem

I will save you the chore of having to go back three pages and I’ll re-post what I originally posted.

“I don’t think you realize it but in your statement here is it’s you that is  fighting for the same old same old. The rest of us are the ones who are looking for change.

@LMAO   HOO,BOY,but that is funny. Looking for change by supporting another career politician who has already proved he can't be trusted.  GREAT PICK! (There MAY be traces of sarcasm in this post)

We’re looking for change from watching the federal government grow. We’re looking for a change from an inflationary economy, that punishes investors and savers. We are looking for change from the absolute corruption in Washington DC. We’re looking for a change from watching the left thrive and win since Donald Trump has come on the scene.”

A complicated way to claim "I think I can,I think I can".

Now here’s your chance to address them in a reasonable, rational manner of what points that I made are incorrect and whether or not you support or oppose each point and why

Why? You won't understand them any better than any other "party drone".

Offline LMAO

A complicated way to claim "I think I can,I think I can".

Why? You won't understand them any better than any other "party drone".

OK

I gave you one last chance, and even tried to help you because I know how chemo can affect memory

And as expected, you failed… Goodbye and have a good rest of your day and get some rest
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 07:40:23 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@LMAO

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
That’s why we ended up with someone like Milley appointed to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff who has been a total disaster in his job despite the recommendation of others to appoint someone else

Exactly what happened.  The reporting at the time - long before we knew what Milley would later do - was very clear that it was Trump's personal relationship with Milley that led him to overrule his senior military advisors.

Not even Trump himself has excused that move by claiming he just got bad advice.  That excuse is a whole-cloth invention of some of his supporters desperate to create an excuse for a crappy decision.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 07:30:59 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline roamer_1

I can take of myself. I want the GOP to return to being the Party of Small Government. Not the Populist party.

That's right.

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline LMAO

It’s abundantly clear that when confronted with the issues, Trump supporters fall short.

If that’s a reflection of the campaign at large, that may explain why Donald Trump is trying to avoid the debate stage

Barry Goldwater

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline corbe

AND Comealot will decide who is elected in 2024, if it's that close. 

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline kevindavis007

That's right.

Ronald Reagan “Most Terrifying Words – ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help.’”
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

https://twitter.com/TomFitton/status/1690046212471205888

I don't have the words @Bigun ..... I just don't  **nononono*

I don't know what horrifies me more ---- the speed and sheer audacity of the efforts of the fascist takeover, or those who acquiesce to it under the guise of "it's time to move on".

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I don't know what horrifies me more ---- the speed and sheer audacity of the efforts of the fascist takeover, or those who acquiesce to it under the guise of "it's time to move on".

Our republic is on its deathbed @Right_in_Virginia if not already deceased. Sad as it makes me to say.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

@Right_in_Virginia

For me it is the quislings. It is easy enough to see what is in front of you. But you can't watch your back at the same time.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LMAO

https://twitter.com/TheValuesVoter/status/1690010389042302976

Yup

And what would the MAGA reaction be if Biden did on Jan 6,2017 what they wanted Pence to do? Or would they be cool with it if Kamala Harris tried it in 2025?

Not setting up bad precedent and the Constitution comes before indulging partisan temper tantrums
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 11:31:58 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Desperation?  Do you understand the meme?
Is that an AI generated image? You told us that wasn't allowed, remember?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

https://twitter.com/TheValuesVoter/status/1690010389042302976

No, because as a candidate on the ballot, Gore should have been disqualified from presiding over the vote as a conflict of interest. Strom Thurmond, on the other hand, as President Pro Tem, could have.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
No, because as a candidate on the ballot, Gore should have been disqualified from presiding over the vote as a conflict of interest.

The sitting Vice President being a candidate on the ballots is hardly a situation the Framers of the 12th Amendment would not have anticipated.  It's actually happened quite often.  Yet despite that, the 12th Amendment says nothing about the Vice President being disqualified from the opening of the ballots if  he happens to be a candidate.  If that's what they intended, it would be in the 12th Amendment. 

Whatever power people now claim Pence had, Gore had the exact same power.  As would Harris in 2024.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 10:21:53 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

The sitting Vice President being a candidate on the ballots is hardly a situation the Framers of the 12th Amendment would not have anticipated.  It's actually happened quite often.  Yet despite that, the 12th Amendment says nothing about the Vice President being disqualified from the opening of the ballots if  he happens to be a candidate.  If that's what they intended, it would be in the 12th Amendment. 

Whatever power people now claim Pence had, Gore had the exact same power.  As would Harris in 2024.

:thumbsup: