Author Topic: Is This Why Bud Light Partnered With Dylan Mulvaney?  (Read 1421 times)

Offline Kamaji

Is This Why Bud Light Partnered With Dylan Mulvaney?
« on: June 16, 2023, 08:38:43 pm »
Is This Why Bud Light Partnered With Dylan Mulvaney?

Matt Vespa
June 16, 2023

Bud Light’s CEO plans to fix the brand and reclaim the crown of the king of beers this summer. In his remarks, he stopped short of apologizing for partnering with a transgender to sell the product. A disastrous decision that led to Modelo becoming the top-selling beer in America for now. Dylan Mulvaney is the transgender person Bud partnered with in April to sell their beer to a new customer brand. It failed miserably, leading some executives who spearheaded this pitch to take leaves of absence while the brew, a staple at concerts, sporting events, and other venues, became a punchline. Yet, one ex-employee from the beer maker is now saying that the Mulvaney ploy was intentional, part of the “strategic destruction” of Bud Light (via Fox Business):

Bud Light’s controversial partnership with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney could have been a "strategic" attempt to permanently alter the brand’s audience, according to an anonymous former employee.

[…]

Though the company's CEO insisted in a statement that it "never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people," the ex-Anheuser-Busch worker suggested that the move was intentional.

"[Employees] expressed the fact that they were shocked. ‘Why would they do this? What were they thinking?’ Especially now. This is the worst; it’s like the worst time yet, the best timing yet if a company were trying to change the way it operates from a corporate level. And that’s just my opinion," he said to OutKick’s Tomi Lahren, "Many of us are talking about that like they planned it in a way…like a strategic destruction of Bud Light."

The whistleblower stated on "Tomi Lahren Is Fearless" that "nobody’s happy" about the fall in sales and "everybody" considers the move a "very bad idea." However, on the corporate level, he claimed that this could have been part of a strategy to undermine the American company.

"When the company was bought over by InBev, a lot of things changed when it was owned by Anheuser-Busch. You know, it’s an American brand," the whistleblower remarked.

He explained that the company previously offered many benefits prior to its purchase by InBev. Through the fall in sales for the Bud Light brand, the former employee stated that the corporation could restructure both employee benefits and its company standards through layoffs and renegotiating contracts.

Source:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2023/06/16/is-this-why-bud-light-partnered-with-dylan-mulvaney-n2624602

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Is This Why Bud Light Partnered With Dylan Mulvaney?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2023, 08:47:42 pm »
It makes no sense to me why they would take a top selling brand and 'drag' it out and beat it to death with a schtick.  :shrug:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2023, 08:56:46 pm »
It makes no sense to me why they would take a top selling brand and 'drag' it out and beat it to death with a schtick.  :shrug:

THE top selling US beer by 25% or so... Untouchable. The king, for 20 years.
No... that ain't it.

This is just stakeholder corporatism. Just what it looks like. They need whoppin credit lines and those credit lines come with 'social responsibility'. They have to support liberal bullcrap to get at the credit line, and that has just been pitted against everyday American men who just hollered 'nuff.

And here we are.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2023, 09:11:16 pm »
THE top selling US beer by 25% or so... Untouchable. The king, for 20 years.
No... that ain't it.

This is just stakeholder corporatism. Just what it looks like. They need whoppin credit lines and those credit lines come with 'social responsibility'. They have to support liberal bullcrap to get at the credit line, and that has just been pitted against everyday American men who just hollered 'nuff.

And here we are.

And now Blackrock can swoop in and buy more InBev for pennies on the dollar.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2023, 09:21:51 pm »

That's a something...

But I don't think any of this Dylan Mulvaney thing was orchestrated. I was paying attention very early in it, and there was no organizational scheme. It was entirely organic and blew up long before the cheerleaders tried to claim it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2023, 09:42:25 pm »
That's a something...

But I don't think any of this Dylan Mulvaney thing was orchestrated. I was paying attention very early in it, and there was no organizational scheme. It was entirely organic and blew up long before the cheerleaders tried to claim it.

All it took was one stupid broad.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2023, 10:00:12 pm »
That's a something...

Yeah, I agree with this.  The upper management of InBev (US) likely isn't itself totally woke, but they wanted to appease that crowd so they hired woke marketing and HR/DEI people.  Probably figured "Eh, it'll make the wokesters happy and they really can't hurt us, so why not?"  My guess is that they never expected this to happen, and that if they could do it over again, they'd never hire that woke Alissa she-hag who torpedoed their biggest seller.

But of course, they can't reverse the past, and they're even more terrified of the backlash if they publicly disavowed all the woke/rainbow crap.  So...they're stuck.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2023, 10:01:23 pm »

Oh, that broad was really smart.  She hates the whole "frat"/white man image, wanted to destroy it, and did.

The stupid people were the ones who hired her.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2023, 10:09:17 pm »
Yeah, I agree with this.  The upper management of InBev (US) likely isn't itself totally woke, but they wanted to appease that crowd so they hired woke marketing and HR/DEI people.  Probably figured "Eh, it'll make the wokesters happy and they really can't hurt us, so why not?"  My guess is that they never expected this to happen, and that if they could do it over again, they'd never hire that woke Alissa she-hag who torpedoed their biggest seller.

But of course, they can't reverse the past, and they're even more terrified of the backlash if they publicly disavowed all the woke/rainbow crap.  So...they're stuck.

Yup. Tho it looks pretty plain to me. They gotta sell beer. In redneck terms, it's gonna take a heartfelt apology, an admission of wrong-doing, and a re-commitment to upholding what their brand is supposed to be. That's the way forward.

But that's gonna lock away all that lovely credit line money that required them to embrace the bullshit. However bad that is going to hurt... in the end, they have to sell beer.

This is an extraordinary battle between stockholder/consumer corporatism and stakeholder corporatism, and it is just fascinating to me. And it is a death knell for stakeholder corporatism

Because what is going to win is this:

The Customer is Always Right.  happy77

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2023, 10:10:53 pm »

Well yeah... That and a twink tranny...  :laugh:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2023, 01:15:50 am »
Yup. Tho it looks pretty plain to me. They gotta sell beer. In redneck terms, it's gonna take a heartfelt apology, an admission of wrong-doing, and a re-commitment to upholding what their brand is supposed to be. That's the way forward.

But that's gonna lock away all that lovely credit line money that required them to embrace the bullshit. However bad that is going to hurt... in the end, they have to sell beer.

This is an extraordinary battle between stockholder/consumer corporatism and stakeholder corporatism, and it is just fascinating to me. And it is a death knell for stakeholder corporatism

Because what is going to win is this:

The Customer is Always Right.  happy77

The problem they've got is that InBev sells a hell of a lot more than just Bud Light, and they'd likely be worried about a much broader protest if they kicked Dylan and his weirdo pals to the curb.  They'll probably just hope that most of those abandoning Bud Light end up (unknowingly...) drinking one of their other brands.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2023, 01:41:06 am »
The problem they've got is that InBev sells a hell of a lot more than just Bud Light, and they'd likely be worried about a much broader protest if they kicked Dylan and his weirdo pals to the curb.  They'll probably just hope that most of those abandoning Bud Light end up (unknowingly...) drinking one of their other brands.

That's sorta happening too... Modelo (world wide) is an AB brand, and just took the crown from Bud. Never heard of it... But Modelo in the US is not AB... Profits going elsewhere.

The other real player is Molson Coors, a Canadian company sporting Coors (of course) and Miller. Coors Light and Miller Lite are gaining market by leaps and bounds.

Yuengling and Pabst get honorable mention.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2023, 02:29:53 am »
That's sorta happening too... Modelo (world wide) is an AB brand, and just took the crown from Bud. Never heard of it... But Modelo in the US is not AB... Profits going elsewhere.

The other real player is Molson Coors, a Canadian company sporting Coors (of course) and Miller. Coors Light and Miller Lite are gaining market by leaps and bounds.

I think Yuengling is the best of the cheap beers, but its regional so you can't get in most places.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2023, 02:55:28 am »
I think Yuengling is the best of the cheap beers, but its regional so you can't get in most places.

Never had Yuengling... My favorite beer would be Rainier... A PacNW staple... After that probably Pabst/Miller/Kokanee... My yoot was Rainier/Miller mostly... And Hamms... Always have liked Hamms.

But I am a cheap date. Any crappy beer will do.

Back east, Schlitz and Rolling Rock, but mostly Hileman's Old Style and Strohs... See? Crappy beer is my jam.  :laugh: :seeya:

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2023, 02:43:10 pm »

I think you've hit on the real reason.  (Well, it's either that or ImBev got taken over by afficiandos of genuinely good beer who decided to hell with having the top-selling brand, Bud Light is weasel p**s and we shouldn't be selling it.)
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2023, 02:51:41 pm »

I think you've hit on the real reason.  (Well, it's either that or ImBev got taken over by afficiandos of genuinely good beer who decided to hell with having the top-selling brand, Bud Light is weasel p**s and we shouldn't be selling it.)

That's correct, its a really crappy beer.  I had one years ago on a cruise, and I tossed it before I got halfway through it.  Never again.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2023, 03:00:34 pm »

Yuengling is my favorite now.  I liked Pabst when it was Pabst.  Don't know who makes it now but it's not the same.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2023, 03:40:46 pm »

Grupo Modelo is a Mexican company. Their other major label is Corona.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2023, 03:49:18 pm »

The ownership of Modelo is a bit confusing. InBev owns a significant amount and may have a controlling interest by now. Constellation owns distribution rights in the U.S. after,a RICO lawsuit. So, Constellation effectively owns Modelo in the States.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2023, 04:11:00 pm »
The stupid people were the ones who hired her.

And continue to employ her.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2023, 04:15:07 pm »

I know Corona... Dos Equis... But if I can, Tecate.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2023, 05:28:49 pm »
I know Corona... Dos Equis... But if I can, Tecate.

Dos Equis and Tecate are produced by Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, which is owned be Heineken.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2023, 05:40:32 pm »
... he claimed that this could have been part of a strategy
to undermine the American company.

"When the company was bought over by InBev,
a lot of things changed (from) when it was owned by Anheuser-Busch."
the whistleblower remarked.

He explained that the company previously offered many benefits
prior to its purchase by InBev.
Through the fall in sales for the Bud Light brand,
the former employee stated that
the corporation could restructure
both employee benefits and its company standards
through layoffs and renegotiating contracts.

I think the original post might be on to something.
This move to sabotage Bud Light sales
could be something like union busting.

"Oops!  Our sales went down! 
We can't afford all those employee benefits anymore!
We have to renegotiate all our union contracts!"

Or it could be just that, the TOP management
is SO detached from their products' consumers,
that they just followed the mindset
they hear at all their wine and cheese parties -
"All the other corporations are hiring diversity experts.
Let's hire one, too!  It's SO trendy!"

If they really wanted to market beer to the LGBTQXYZ community,
they should have just created a new brand.
They could call it "Golden Shower Beer" !
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2023, 05:47:34 pm »
Bud light is lawnmower beer. Bud heavy is one of the better lawnmower beers imo. I prefer white beers.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2023, 06:01:45 pm »

I think the original post might be on to something.
This move to sabotage Bud Light sales
could be something like union busting.

Nah. It was such a spontaneous rebellion... un-orchestrated. I don't think that could be manufactured... And they were so obviously caught flat-footed - Like a particularly idiotic deer in the headlights. Their pathetic attempts at salvage were so predictable. Nah. This hit em like a 2x4 upside their head.

Now, that they may take some advantage as you describe now that it's here...

But you don't destroy your most beloved brand, blow off more than a quarter of your production and sales, and lose, what, near 30 billion dollars, and piss off all your customers just to bust a union. It'd be a whole lot less painful to just pick the whole works up and move it to another state or country... Especially when they already own breweries in Mexico.