Author Topic: Is This Why Bud Light Partnered With Dylan Mulvaney?  (Read 1423 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Is This Why Bud Light Partnered With Dylan Mulvaney?
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2023, 06:07:59 pm »
Dos Equis and Tecate are produced by Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, which is owned be Heineken.

That's alright. One of the few fancier beers I really like is Heineken... Especially Heineken Dark... with a big steak and a fire baked potato with ramps and sour cream, and some grilled corn...  A rustic meal, something like that, just requires a dark beer.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2023, 08:14:21 pm »
That's alright. One of the few fancier beers I really like is Heineken... Especially Heineken Dark... with a big steak and a fire baked potato with ramps and sour cream, and some grilled corn...  A rustic meal, something like that, just requires a dark beer.

My general beer of choice is Founder's Porter.  Made a few hours away in Grand Rapids, and its one of their few brews that they've never changed over the years because they nailed it.  As the label says, its smooth, dark, and sexy.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2023, 08:19:19 pm »
Yuengling is my favorite now.  I liked Pabst when it was Pabst.  Don't know who makes it now but it's not the same.

I can't drink any of the typical light lagers -- Bud, Miller, Coors, etc., or any of their light variants.  If I'm drinking a lager, I'll get a Sam Adams, or a Great Lakes Dortmunder (made right in my city), but Yuengling actually stands up very well to both of those.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2023, 09:02:32 pm »
It makes no sense to me why they would take a top selling brand and 'drag' it out and beat it to death with a schtick.  :shrug:

@bigheadfred

The ONLY rational explanation I can think of is they did this at the request of the Billionaire Boys Club,who promised them (the bosses) that the BBC would make up for any personal losses they  might suffer.

Face it,Budweiser was identified as being an American product,and the BBC wants  to do away  with regional and national symbols,and have everyone identify with global products.

WTH do THEY care about spending a few million if that is what it takes to make them "Masters of the Universe!"

"We iz da wurld......."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2023, 09:04:09 pm »
And now Blackrock can swoop in and buy more InBev for pennies on the dollar.

@Cyber Liberty

You can bet your bippy  that was a part of the equation.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2023, 09:08:27 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2023, 09:11:26 pm »

But you don't destroy your most beloved brand, blow off more than a quarter of your production and sales, and lose, what, near 30 billion dollars, and piss off all your customers just to bust a union. It'd be a whole lot less painful to just pick the whole works up and move it to another state or country... Especially when they already own breweries in Mexico.

@roamer_1

They don't have unions in Mexico?

Asking because I don't know.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2023, 09:33:07 pm »
My general beer of choice is Founder's Porter.  Made a few hours away in Grand Rapids, and its one of their few brews that they've never changed over the years because they nailed it.  As the label says, its smooth, dark, and sexy.

Sounds great! My favorite dark beer is from a local brewery and is called Moose Drool... Which is kinda descriptive in it's way. very thick, very dark ale.

:beer:

But for drinkin, and oddly, for burgers and barbecue, I still prefer a crappy IPA. I guess that starts with high school, and then to ll the big venue things I attend... Rodeos, stock cars, drag races and the like...

It will be exceedingly strange to walk into a car show and not see a Bud Light banner.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2023, 09:36:18 pm »
I can't drink any of the typical light lagers -- Bud, Miller, Coors, etc., or any of their light variants.  If I'm drinking a lager, I'll get a Sam Adams, or a Great Lakes Dortmunder (made right in my city), but Yuengling actually stands up very well to both of those.

Sam Adams is around... And that's good beer. But kinda spendy for the cooler. That's by the six-pack... sippin beer.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2023, 09:39:30 pm »
@roamer_1

They don't have unions in Mexico?

Asking because I don't know.

@sneakypete

Beats me, Sneaks. I'm all the way up here... But I understand that's why a bunch of our industry moved down there before the whole China thing.

There sure ain't much for unions up in here.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2023, 04:06:00 am »
@Maj. Bill Martin

@Hoodat

"Her"???

Former VP of Marketing Alissa Heinerscheid
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-