Author Topic: Trump surges in CBS poll  (Read 2048 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump surges in CBS poll
« on: June 12, 2023, 02:09:49 pm »
June 12, 2023
Trump surges in CBS poll
By Monica Showalter

One can just hear the Laurel and Hardy-style phone conversations between Democrats, such as former President Obama and Joe Biden:

Another fine mess you've got us into.

With their latest effort to take down President Trump with an indictment, they bought themselves this can of whoop-ass:

A poll indicates that former President Donald Trump has widened his lead in the GOP primary following the Department of Justice’s indictment of him for allegedly mishandling classified documents at his Florida home.

Surveying 1,798 potential voters between June 9-10 with a margin of error ±3.3 points, the CBS News poll showed the former president had 61 percent support in the Republican primary, leading his opponent, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis by a full 38 points – 61 percent to 23 percent. Republican Sen. Tim Scott (SC) stands in third place with just 4 percent of support, just one point ahead of former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/06/trump_surges_in_cbs_poll.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Trump surges in CBS poll
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 10:22:24 pm »
Gettin' pretty close to "3-to-1" there...

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2023, 10:56:51 pm »

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2023, 11:27:30 pm »
Gettin' pretty close to "3-to-1" there...
Let's see what things look like when he's singing the prison blues.

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2023, 12:57:06 am »
Let's see what things look like when he's singing the prison blues.

How can you hope for such an outcome?

Offline Idiot

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2023, 01:39:10 am »
How can you hope for such an outcome?
Did I ever once say I hoped for this?

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2023, 02:18:14 am »
Did I ever once say I hoped for this?

In fairness, no you never use the word "hope" @Jack Russell  But, the timing of your return to posting and the glee barely contained in your every mention of imprisonment does lead one to think your fingers are crossed with every keystroke.   :shrug:

Offline Idiot

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2023, 03:09:40 am »
In fairness, no you never use the word "hope" @Jack Russell  But, the timing of your return to posting and the glee barely contained in your every mention of imprisonment does lead one to think your fingers are crossed with every keystroke.   :shrug:
I DO NOT wish Trump to go to jail.  This whole document thing is a joke.  I just want Trump to GO AWAY.  He's an embarrassment.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2023, 03:34:09 am »
In fairness, no you never use the word "hope" @Jack Russell

Of course he didn't.  You simply made it up.  It's what you do.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2023, 04:12:10 am »
I DO NOT wish Trump to go to jail.  This whole document thing is a joke.  I just want Trump to GO AWAY.  He's an embarrassment.

Again, fair enough @Jack Russell

What I don't understand is why I'm not hearing you shouting from the rooftop that the primary voters decide ---- or your rage against the criminal lawfare coming from the whole of the federal government against a declared and legitimate candidate for POTUS.

I hesitate to ask, but must because it is the nub of my confusion ---- Are you willing to accept facist style lawfare to accomplish what looks like you cannot at the primary ballot box?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2023, 08:01:17 am »

@Right_in_Virginia

Am I the only one shocked to see that Christy is even drawing 1 percent?

What the HELL are those people thinking?

Unless,of course,they  are Dims voting for him in order to help  bring about the collapse of America.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2023, 07:31:32 pm »
Again, fair enough @Jack Russell

What I don't understand is why I'm not hearing you shouting from the rooftop that the primary voters decide ---- or your rage against the criminal lawfare coming from the whole of the federal government against a declared and legitimate candidate for POTUS.

I hesitate to ask, but must because it is the nub of my confusion ---- Are you willing to accept facist style lawfare to accomplish what looks like you cannot at the primary ballot box?

Were you as incensed when it happened to Tom Delay? To Roy Moore?

What is equally as dangerous, @Right_in_Virginia , is the solution you are framing... Obviously the ONLY position is to support Tumpy and his big city, big government ways in order to SAVE the Constitution and beat back those dastardly Democrats who seek to destroy it.

... Which is as much blithering idiocy as these charges are.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2023, 07:36:52 pm »
Obviously the ONLY position is to support Trump...

:yowsa: 100% when it come to the absolute BS being shoveled by OUR "DOJ"!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2023, 07:45:00 pm »

What is equally as dangerous, @Right_in_Virginia , is the solution you are framing... Obviously the ONLY position is to support Tumpy and his big city, big government ways in order to SAVE the Constitution and beat back those dastardly Democrats who seek to destroy it.

... Which is as much blithering idiocy as these charges are.

Agreed.  There is no inconsistency in taking the view that (a) Trump is being railroaded on banana-republic-level charges, and (b) Trump is not the right person for the GOP nominee to run for president.

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2023, 08:07:26 pm »

In these instances did the sitting POTUS use his and the power of the federal government to unleash criminal lawfare against the candidate leading in the battle to unseat him?  No, not even close ----- so spare me your vacuous straw man fallacy.

The only danger here @roamer_1 is so many "principled conservatives" all across legacy and social media are embracing criminal lawfare unleased by the whole of the federal government to accomplish for them what they cannot accomplish for themselves at the primary ballot box ---- willingly and knowingly shredding the Constitution of the United States and our foundation on the rule of law in the process.

The next time you ask me why I think "principled conservatives" are toxic to rational American voters, know this is on the list ---- and that you have yourself to thank.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 08:12:05 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2023, 08:11:15 pm »
In these instances did the sitting POTUS use his and the power of the whole federal government to unleash criminal lawfare against the candidate leading in the battle to unseat him?  No, not even close ----- so spare me your vacuous straw man fallacy.

The only danger here @roamer_1 is so many "principled conservatives" all across legacy and social media are embracing criminal lawfare unleased by the whole of the federal government to accomplish for them what they cannot accomplish for themselves at the primary ballot box ---- willingly and knowingly shredding the Constitution of the United States and our foundation on the rule of law in the process.

The next time you ask me why I think "principled conservatives" are toxic to rational American voters, know this is on the list ---- and that you have yourself thank.

:yowsa: Even right here in Texas!

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,501147.msg2849032.html#msg2849032
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2023, 08:15:26 pm »
Gee, if only Trump had been disciplined enough - after four years of the dems/libs going after him tooth and nail - to hire competent staff to brief him extensively on each and every legal issue connected with leaving office, and to have the personal integrity to have followed through with all of their recommendations.

But that's not Trump's style; he's a loose cannon who does it on the cheap, and figures he can just skate out of whatever trouble he gets into.

This prosecution is clearly political, but it is at least colorable because Trump was f**king stupid enough to weave the rope by which he'll be hanged.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2023, 08:19:40 pm »
In these instances did the sitting POTUS use his and the power of the federal government to unleash criminal lawfare against the candidate leading in the battle to unseat him?  No, not even close ----- so spare me your vacuous straw man fallacy.

The next time you ask me why I think "principled conservatives" are toxic to rational American voters, know this is on the list ---- and that you have yourself to thank.

Amen, @Right_in_Virginia   :yowsa:

Only critters I know that fawn and preen expressing their virtues, while expressly ignoring reality.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2023, 09:21:08 pm »

To the contrary, @Right_in_Virginia , in BOTH cases power players in the houses of government plotted lawfare and promoted propaganda to the press to influence the outcome of elections. The linkage is unmistakable, and it's the same damn thing. To argue otherwise would be to deny co-equal branches of government. The government, at several levels, and the press, concocted an absolutely false narrative - entirely made up - that cost those men their careers

And as I recall, at least with Moore, you and I were at war, and you were hawking the company line.

LOL! Oh the drama! I have embraced nothing. In fact, I am pointedly on the record calling it bullcrap. That I am not all verklempt about it is only because I have seen it before, time and again, at ALL levels of government, to include Delay and Moore - direct examples. I am standing directly on principle on the matter.

The gist of what's left of your complaint can only be a vapid expectation that the ordeal should somehow swing my support to Tumpy and in doing so, forego the principles of libertarianism and fiscal conservatism which he so egregiously trespassed... To support big government on the right, in short.

That is not forthcoming, nor will it ever be, because:

Firstly, Tumpy is a big boy and can fight this on his own. It is a battle in court, and whether under the color of law or not, will only be resolved in court. My support means absolutely nothing in effecting that... Even though I have predicted that he will eventually skate on all charges.

And secondly, it is not a Constitutional crisis or anything like it... It is a well-worn political device. Charges have been brought. The only course is for him to meet those charges, beat those charges, and see it through.

That's all there is, short of massive rejiggering of the system, which I certainly DO support (though not through the likes of Tumpy and Co.), or through a massive overturning of the political norm - Also happy to fight for that, though again, not through the proven failure of Tumpy and Co.

Noted and dismissed with a waive of the hand. Nonsensical... I stand upon all of history in my principles. If that is what is toxic, then there is no hope at all.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2023, 09:24:14 pm »
To the contrary, @Right_in_Virginia , in BOTH cases power players in the houses of government plotted lawfare and promoted propaganda to the press to influence the outcome of elections. The linkage is unmistakable, and it's the same damn thing. To argue otherwise would be to deny co-equal branches of government. The government, at several levels, and the press, concocted an absolutely false narrative - entirely made up - that cost those men their careers

And as I recall, at least with Moore, you and I were at war, and you were hawking the company line.

LOL! Oh the drama! I have embraced nothing. In fact, I am pointedly on the record calling it bullcrap. That I am not all verklempt about it is only because I have seen it before, time and again, at ALL levels of government, to include Delay and Moore - direct examples. I am standing directly on principle on the matter.

The gist of what's left of your complaint can only be a vapid expectation that the ordeal should somehow swing my support to Tumpy and in doing so, forego the principles of libertarianism and fiscal conservatism which he so egregiously trespassed... To support big government on the right, in short.

That is not forthcoming, nor will it ever be, because:

Firstly, Tumpy is a big boy and can fight this on his own. It is a battle in court, and whether under the color of law or not, will only be resolved in court. My support means absolutely nothing in effecting that... Even though I have predicted that he will eventually skate on all charges.

And secondly, it is not a Constitutional crisis or anything like it... It is a well-worn political device. Charges have been brought. The only course is for him to meet those charges, beat those charges, and see it through.

That's all there is, short of massive rejiggering of the system, which I certainly DO support (though not through the likes of Tumpy and Co.), or through a massive overturning of the political norm - Also happy to fight for that, though again, not through the proven failure of Tumpy and Co.

Noted and dismissed with a waive of the hand. Nonsensical... I stand upon all of history in my principles. If that is what is toxic, then there is no hope at all.

:thumbsup:

Oooh!  Now you're "toxic to rational American voters" even!!  Congratulations are in order!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2023, 09:27:10 pm »
Amen, @Right_in_Virginia   :yowsa:

Only critters I know that fawn and preen expressing their virtues, while expressly ignoring reality.

@DCPatriot
The reality is 20 TRILLION bucks... and runaway government growth and runaway inflation. Supporting more of that is utterly insane.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2023, 09:31:37 pm »

:thumbsup:

Oooh!  Now you're "toxic to rational American voters" even!!  Congratulations are in order!

LOL! An old saw... SOSDD.  :beer: :patriot: :seeya:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2023, 10:41:19 pm »
LOL! An old saw... SOSDD.  :beer: :patriot: :seeya:

@roamer_1

That pretty much defines half the posts made here now,and it is only going to get worse as time grows shorter and sacred cows get targeted more.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2023, 10:49:27 pm »
@DCPatriot
The reality is 20 TRILLION bucks... and runaway government growth and runaway inflation. Supporting more of that is utterly insane.

Reality suggests you have a better chance of shaking hands with Jesus, than paying off Thirty-Something TRILLION $$$.

You are so focused on the financial books, you neglect to even acknowledge the existential threat to the Republic in which you live...the existential threat to Conservatives as "Patriots" who choose to embrace our natural instinct to survive.

You've got your face planted so tight on the bark @roamer_1 you can't see sh*t!    happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2023, 10:51:52 pm »
@roamer_1

That pretty much defines half the posts made here now,and it is only going to get worse as time grows shorter and sacred cows get targeted more.

@sneakypete

The only sacred cows I care about are the Principles of Conservatism... And that is philosophy... I don't give a rip about politics, EXCEPT where it intersects those principles. The rest of it, all of it, can go hang. Because all the rest of it is how to get around those principle things, or outright against them... And as history boldly attests, that dog (whichever) ain't gonna hunt