Author Topic: Trump surges in CBS poll  (Read 2049 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Trump surges in CBS poll
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2023, 10:58:07 pm »
Reality suggests you have a better chance of shaking hands with Jesus, than paying off Thirty-Something TRILLION $$$.

@DCPatriot
No sh*t. So spend MORE? Read up on the First Rule of Holes.

You are so focused on the financial books, you neglect to even acknowledge the existential threat to the Republic in which you live...the existential threat to Conservatives as "Patriots" who choose to embrace our natural instinct to survive.

You've got your face planted so tight on the bark @roamer_1 you can't see sh*t!    happy77

Exactly the opposite is true. The existential threat is big government. Without big government, the Democrats would be powerless. You don't fight big government by making it even bigger, I don't care who you are... And THAT's why the financial books matter. They plainly show the growth of government. Tumpy left a bigger and more powerful government for the Democrats to pick up and run... And that is absolutely going in the exact wrong direction.

The very government that is going after Tumpy is the one he made bigger and more powerful.

There ain't no getting around that.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 10:59:05 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2023, 11:04:46 pm »
@DCPatriot
No sh*t. So spend MORE? Read up on the First Rule of Holes.

Exactly the opposite is true. The existential threat is big government. Without big government, the Democrats would be powerless. You don't fight big government by making it even bigger, I don't care who you are... And THAT's why the financial books matter. They plainly show the growth of government. Tumpy left a bigger and more powerful government for the Democrats to pick up and run... And that is absolutely going in the exact wrong direction.

The very government that is going after Tumpy is the one he made bigger and more powerful.

There ain't no getting around that.

Not to mention which, Donald Trump is not the cure for any of the existential threats that face the U.S., whether those be financial in nature or otherwise.

Trump got very little of substance accomplished in four years because he cannot plan, cannot strategize, cannot build coalitions, cannot get buy-in from potentially adverse interests, and believes, to all appearances, that he should be able to accomplish whatever he sets his mind to simply because he is owed loyalty from other people.

That didn't accomplish a lot from 2016 to 2020, and it won't accomplish much now.

On top of that, during 2016 to 2020, Trump effectively facilitated a lot of liberal nonsense, like going along with the ridiculous covid spending, a substantial portion of which (at least 10%) was simply stolen by people not entitled to it, not caring about the increased inflation risk that created, and going along with Fauci and the medico-fascists in the government, most likely because Trump is a germophobe.

And the only lame excuse that keeps getting given is Trump's lack of experience.  Well, if he is that inexperienced that he cannot get anything accomplished, then he is by definition unfit for office, should not have been elected in 2016, and should not be elected in 2024.

There is absolutely no compelling case for Trump to be the nominee, notiwthstanding his own ego and his rather sizeable cult of personality.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2023, 11:47:17 pm »
@sneakypete

The only sacred cows I care about are the Principles of Conservatism... And that is philosophy... I don't give a rip about politics, EXCEPT where it intersects those principles. The rest of it, all of it, can go hang. Because all the rest of it is how to get around those principle things, or outright against them... And as history boldly attests, that dog (whichever) ain't gonna hunt

@roamer_1

As a wise man whose name I have forgotten once observed,"Politics is the art of the possible".

NOT the "ideal",the  possible.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2023, 11:56:21 pm »
@roamer_1

As a wise man whose name I have forgotten once observed,"Politics is the art of the possible".

NOT the "ideal",the  possible.

@sneakypete

Sure. But when the possible overruns the idea, then all is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2023, 11:58:03 pm »
@sneakypete

Well, if we're looking at what's possible, then Trump is definitely a person to avoid, because it's clear from his track record that it's not possible for him to accomplish much of anything of substance other than things the libs/dems go along with.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2023, 12:04:06 am »
@sneakypete

@roamer_1

It's time to drop the idea (Ideal?) and move on to one that works and advances your cause.

This crap didn't start yesterday. It started in the USSR in the 1920's,when they had some of their "comrades" in Scandinavian countries immigrate to the US,settle in Mn,and create the Farm Labor Party. THAT was the original "face" of Communism in the US.

What we NEED to do is drop our "selfish self-interest projects" and focus on what makes America stronger. Even a small step forward,IS a "step forward".

And we,as a nation,are NOT going to  do this by voting for one of the "Usual Suspect Party insiders".

Just look at how successful THAT has been and were it lead us to today. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2023, 12:06:52 am »
Not to mention which, Donald Trump is not the cure for any of the existential threats that face the U.S., whether those be financial in nature or otherwise.

Trump got very little of substance accomplished in four years because he cannot plan, cannot strategize, cannot build coalitions, cannot get buy-in from potentially adverse interests, and believes, to all appearances, that he should be able to accomplish whatever he sets his mind to simply because he is owed loyalty from other people.

That didn't accomplish a lot from 2016 to 2020, and it won't accomplish much now.

On top of that, during 2016 to 2020, Trump effectively facilitated a lot of liberal nonsense, like going along with the ridiculous covid spending, a substantial portion of which (at least 10%) was simply stolen by people not entitled to it, not caring about the increased inflation risk that created, and going along with Fauci and the medico-fascists in the government, most likely because Trump is a germophobe.

And the only lame excuse that keeps getting given is Trump's lack of experience.  Well, if he is that inexperienced that he cannot get anything accomplished, then he is by definition unfit for office, should not have been elected in 2016, and should not be elected in 2024.

There is absolutely no compelling case for Trump to be the nominee, notiwthstanding his own ego and his rather sizeable cult of personality.

You're preaching to the choir @Kamaji .

I have long been against the candy thrown by the clown at the front of the parade - And I don't care which parade or which clown is involved.

This populist crap just naturally never works, and never will. If one is reduced to governing by EO (the candy thrown by the clown), you've already lost... Even if you've 'won'.

People need to understand. if you are not standing firmly on timeless ground, you'll change NOTHING.

What moves governments, especially republics, IS coalitions... IS fighting for the same thing across generations... IS unswerving service to a set of things, and finding people who are not like you that can find common ground... What 'sounds good' for today is always a flash in the pan, and is always people chasing after shiny shit... The Emperor is always naked. Every.Single.time.

Buy em books and buy em books...  :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2023, 12:09:01 am »

Well, if we're looking at what's possible, then Trump is definitely a person to avoid, because it's clear from his track record that it's not possible for him to accomplish much of anything of substance other than things the libs/dems go along with.

@Kamaji

HorseHillary! i KNOW this is going to piss you off,but there ARE more important things to do with our time than to focus on nothing but the economy. ANY plan that doesn't start with investigating the sanctity  of elections is a loser. What good does it  do you to have a million bucks,if  it costs that much  to heat your house each year?

You suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome,so I am not going to waste any more of my  time trying to reason with  you on this subject.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2023, 12:16:12 am »
To the contrary, @Right_in_Virginia , in BOTH cases power players in the houses of government plotted lawfare and promoted propaganda to the press to influence the outcome of elections. The linkage is unmistakable, and it's the same damn thing. To argue otherwise would be to deny co-equal branches of government. The government, at several levels, and the press, concocted an absolutely false narrative - entirely made up - that cost those men their careers

And as I recall, at least with Moore, you and I were at war, and you were hawking the company line.

LOL! Oh the drama! I have embraced nothing. In fact, I am pointedly on the record calling it bullcrap. That I am not all verklempt about it is only because I have seen it before, time and again, at ALL levels of government, to include Delay and Moore - direct examples. I am standing directly on principle on the matter.

The gist of what's left of your complaint can only be a vapid expectation that the ordeal should somehow swing my support to Tumpy and in doing so, forego the principles of libertarianism and fiscal conservatism which he so egregiously trespassed... To support big government on the right, in short.

That is not forthcoming, nor will it ever be, because:

Firstly, Tumpy is a big boy and can fight this on his own. It is a battle in court, and whether under the color of law or not, will only be resolved in court. My support means absolutely nothing in effecting that... Even though I have predicted that he will eventually skate on all charges.

And secondly, it is not a Constitutional crisis or anything like it... It is a well-worn political device. Charges have been brought. The only course is for him to meet those charges, beat those charges, and see it through.

That's all there is, short of massive rejiggering of the system, which I certainly DO support (though not through the likes of Tumpy and Co.), or through a massive overturning of the political norm - Also happy to fight for that, though again, not through the proven failure of Tumpy and Co.

Noted and dismissed with a waive of the hand. Nonsensical... I stand upon all of history in my principles. If that is what is toxic, then there is no hope at all.
To your credit, you haven't waivered at all over the last few years.  I didn't always agree with you, but I appreciate your convictions.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2023, 12:17:11 am »
@roamer_1

It's time to drop the idea (Ideal?) and move on to one that works and advances your cause.

@sneakypete
Not when the idea is true, and the so-called possible is living far, far outside your means.

This crap didn't start yesterday. It started in the USSR in the 1920's,when they had some of their "comrades" in Scandinavian countries immigrate to the US,settle in Mn,and create the Farm Labor Party. THAT was the original "face" of Communism in the US.

It started long before that. These are ancient things, proven over and over to destroy... Especially republics. This is how they die: When the possible no longer preserves the ideas that work.

What we NEED to do is drop our "selfish self-interest projects" and focus on what makes America stronger. Even a small step forward,IS a "step forward".

Believe it or not, that is exactly what I am doing - and relying upon history to show the way.

And we,as a nation,are NOT going to  do this by voting for one of the "Usual Suspect Party insiders".

Just look at how successful THAT has been and were it lead us to today.

I am the one not voting for "Usual Suspect Party insiders". I haven't since Boosh II episode II, and I barely did it then, for the troops - And I regret that vote more than any.

I have an applied criteria that is decidedly against 'insiders', and it works the same on others who claim not to be insiders, but who fail the criteria.

And I will never follow the crowd again, till the day I die. I will likely be going the other way, because crowds are idiots.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2023, 12:23:55 am »
To your credit, you haven't waivered at all over the last few years.  I didn't always agree with you, but I appreciate your convictions.

Thanks for that. The beautiful part of Reaganism is that we don't have to agree on everything... We just have to agree to quit stepping on each other. That's how you herd cats. That, and a bowl of milk now and then...  happy77

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2023, 12:24:14 am »
To the contrary, @Right_in_Virginia , in BOTH cases power players in the houses of government plotted lawfare and promoted propaganda to the press to influence the outcome of elections. The linkage is unmistakable, and it's the same damn thing. To argue otherwise would be to deny co-equal branches of government. The government, at several levels, and the press, concocted an absolutely false narrative - entirely made up - that cost those men their careers

So, you're admitting you support Biden's lawfare as retaliation --- in addition to election interference against a man you hate and cannot beat any other way ----- because you were twice impotent against the efforts of others.  It's turning out that some "principled conservatives" are more fraudulent and toxic than rational Americans may even know.

The gist of what's left of your complaint can only be an expectation that the ordeal should somehow swing my support to Tumpy and in doing so, forego the principles of libertarianism and fiscal conservatism which he so egregiously trespassed... To support big government on the right, in short.

No.  This is your knee-jerk, mind-numbingingly redundant response to every issue from the weather to the existence of God.  It ain't working anymore.

And secondly, it is not a Constitutional crisis or anything like it...

You claimed the same about impeaching a private citizen and election and voter fraud.   You sound more like a Constitutional illiterate with each passing day.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2023, 12:28:50 am »
@Kamaji

HorseHillary! i KNOW this is going to piss you off,but there ARE more important things to do with our time than to focus on nothing but the economy. ANY plan that doesn't start with investigating the sanctity  of elections is a loser. What good does it  do you to have a million bucks,if  it costs that much  to heat your house each year?

You suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome,so I am not going to waste any more of my  time trying to reason with  you on this subject.

@sneakypete

You've entirely missed the point.
It ain't about the economy.
It's about the money.
Because the money shows the power.

More money, more power.

That's bad.

Less money, less funding.
Less money less power.

That's good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2023, 12:46:08 am »
So, you're admitting you support Biden's lawfare as retaliation --- in addition to election interference against a man you hate and cannot beat any other way -----

I must have missed that one.  Can you please cite the post where @roamer_1 said that?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2023, 12:48:15 am »
So, you're admitting you support Biden's lawfare as retaliation ---

@Right_in_Virginia

I admit no such thing - How you gathered such an absurd thought is beyond me.

in addition to election interference against a man you hate and cannot beat any other way -----

Who's trying to beat him? Not me. I will put my chips where they belong. And I will stand for Conservatism. And seek after Mayberry. That's all I ever do.

because you were twice impotent against the efforts of others.  It's turning out that some "principled conservatives" are more fraudulent and toxic than rational Americans may even know.

LOL! twice impotent? At what? I am a philosopher. A preacher. I left 'political apparatchik' behind, long, long ago. I stood with Reagan. Win. I stood with the 94 Congress. Win. I stood with the Tea Party. Win. All the things that have turned America to the right, I have been with them. But recently? Since TEA? I dabbled in supporting Zinke. Win. But that's about it.

I will support Conservatism - Turning America rightward...
That is not what you are doing, and it should be no surprise I stand against you. If you want my support, then back a Conservative. That's all you need.

No.  This is your knee-jerk, mind-numbingingly redundant response to every issue from the weather to the existence of God.  It ain't working anymore.

Only because it's true.

You claimed the same about impeaching a private citizen

I don't recall taking any stand *for* impeaching a private citizen.

and election and voter fraud.   

On balance, I admitted voter fraud... Slow and careful to that party, but on the record - Winnowed down to the work done by @Cyber Liberty and @Hoodat because I trust their proofs - But in that, Georgia and Arizona, enough to throw the election. That is where I am.

You sound more like a Constitutional illiterate with each passing day.

Ad hominem. It's all you've got. That's truly too bad. You used to do better.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2023, 12:51:34 am »
You are so focused on the financial books, you neglect to even acknowledge the existential threat to the Republic in which you live...the existential threat to Conservatives as "Patriots" who choose to embrace our natural instinct to survive.

Conservatives were under existential threat the entire four years that Trump was President.  Where were you back then?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2023, 12:52:10 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

She made it up.  It's what she does.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2023, 12:58:30 am »
She made it up.  It's what she does.

A paid Trump Operative is a paid trump operative.  RiV sucks at the Trump small fountain.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2023, 06:27:23 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

But, you did --- the moment you reached for how Delay and Moore were treated as your reason for accepting the federal lawfare against Trump, you admitted retaliation is part of your opinion.  Spin it any way you want, it ain't going to work.

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2023, 07:04:53 am »
Quote from: roamer_1 link=topic=502526.msg2849208#msg2849208 date=1686703695[/quote
@Right_in_Virginia

Ad hominem.  It's all you've got. That's truly too bad. You used to do better.   

There's nothing ad hominem about the reasoned opinion I expressed.  Your claim that lawfare by the federal government with the objective to stop --- under threat of prison ---- a candidate for POTUS is not a Constitutional crisis; neither, in your opinion, is election and voter fraud or was impeaching a private citizen. Taken together these opinions illustrate an ignorance of the US Constitution and the fundamentals of the rule of law that borders on being illiterate on both subjects.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 07:08:30 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2023, 02:30:14 pm »
But, you did --- the moment you reached for how Delay and Moore were treated as your reason for accepting the federal lawfare against Trump, you admitted retaliation is part of your opinion.  Spin it any way you want, it ain't going to work.

That's just it, @Right_in_Virginia , I DON'T accept the federal lawfare against Tumpy.
I'm on YOUR SIDE of the thing. I have NEVER supported any of the witch hunts - Not a one.

It just ain't a reason to invest your movement, which I am against, nor support your candidate. I know that's hard for you to understand for some reason... But I can be against what's happening to him, and remain against him at the same time.

I will never support big government from the right. That is the greatest danger of them all.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2023, 02:40:44 pm »
That's just it, @Right_in_Virginia , I DON'T accept the federal lawfare against Tumpy.
I'm on YOUR SIDE of the thing. I have NEVER supported any of the witch hunts - Not a one.

It just ain't a reason to invest your movement, which I am against, nor support your candidate. I know that's hard for you to understand for some reason... But I can be against what's happening to him, and remain against him at the same time.

I will never support big government from the right. That is the greatest danger of them all.

I'm right along with you-- I am against the witch hunts and them dragging him through the courts, but I cannot support him as a candidate for president. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2023, 02:52:05 pm »

:amen:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2023, 02:56:04 pm »
There's nothing ad hominem about the reasoned opinion I expressed. 

You expressed no reasoned position @Right_in_Virginia . Go back and read it. Accusatory... Every bit of it is 'attack the man'. And I truly regret that. Even in disagreement you have historically been a favored opponent, with reasoned, cogent arguments and an easy banter. No more. And that's a damn cryin shame.

Your claim that lawfare by the federal government with the objective to stop --- under threat of prison ---- a candidate for POTUS is not a Constitutional crisis [...]

I have supplied TWO examples where it has happened before in the recent past, one of which unseated a sitting congressional leader. That's the same thing. Co-equal branches. Unseating a congressional leader is the SAME THING as unseating a president. And it was done with every bit the same infamy.

It is not a Constitutional crisis. It's damn dirty politics, but nothing new.

neither, in your opinion, is election and voter fraud

AGAIN, I am on your side of that. I was very studied and cautious in my approach, but I came around to it in the end... What I likely disagree with you on is the solution to it...

or was impeaching a private citizen.

AGAIN, I can recall no time where I took a stand in favor of impeaching a private citizen. I was not in favor of ANY impeachment against Tumpy. You'll have to show me my words. In context.

Since I decidedly did not support any impeachment against Tumpy, I'll deny it outright. I may have been arguing a point of order at some point, but I was never *for* any of the impeachment proceedings against him.

Taken together these opinions illustrate an ignorance of the US Constitution and the fundamentals of the rule of law that borders on being illiterate on both subjects.

Except your accusations are not true.