Author Topic: “This is the Final Battle. With You at My Side…” – Donald Trump Declares  (Read 16010 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Swing and a miss. Because it ain't about the man. It's about what he stood upon.

But you said success is a measurement of what lasts, what is signed into law.  Seems like you're changing this to lip service is as fruitful as results.

Conservatism is not about following a leader. We just all happen to be going the same way.

Well, this is a frightening peek behind the curtain separating the Reaganite political brain trust and mere mortal voters. Do Reagan devotees feel the same about Generals and battle?

The politics of Conservatism are only there to guard our ability to have liberty - the liberty to live by the precepts of Conservatism as we see them...

Where are you guarding these select precepts ---and how?

Offline roamer_1

i began making graphics with little donna twump wearing....a  cape....and the capital dome...pinwheel cap ....years ago.

happy77 :beer:

Offline roamer_1

But you said success is a measurement of what lasts, what is signed into law.  Seems like you're changing this to lip service is as fruitful as results.

Two different things. You can certainly measure his successes - A measure of his Administration - But that is not the measure of the man.

Well, this is a frightening peek behind the curtain separating the Reaganite political brain trust and mere mortal voters. Do Reagan devotees feel the same about Generals and battle?

Merit based individualism frightens you? That explains a lot.
Certainly our LEOs and DEFCONs are leadership based to some great degree - But even there, the leader is judged upon merit... They just can't quit following (order-bound, chain of command).

You are talking to one particularly ill equipped to play follow the leader, As a Western man, and as a hillbilly redneck, I am the last man to follow anyone. I have built my life on a libertarian independence, and making due for myself. I have been an entrepreneur all my life, having spent little time working for anyone, learning how to build or fix whatever I need... So that individualism is emphasized in me.

I recognize a boss by his merit, not by any right, or emblem. I hold no man above another, except fathers and forefathers who have earned respect. I can't tell you how many jobs I have walked off from because the leadership was going the wrong way. I won't put my name on shoddy work, or association with shoddy work, and I won't make money from a job poorly led. So ALWAYS as an independent contractor, I can and will walk off.

I would hope my fellows are much the same, to the degree they can be. And the ones I hang with certainly are exactly that way.

Where are you guarding these select precepts ---and how?

History taught, and life experience passed down through families. teaching others as they come along - those with the cajones to stand outside of the rat maze.

Go read some books.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Named one of my kids after him... Stick it in your ear if you don't like him.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 08:23:44 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Idiot

Named one of my kids after him... Stick it in your ear if you don't like him.

My favorite president.  You chose the name well.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

The idea that our political leaders, who serve us, are accountable to us, and whose "orders" are subject to all sorts of legal challenges and constitutional protections are comparable in any way to generals who expect and require instant compliance with orders reveals that massive gulf between our respective POV's.   That is more like the relationship between a King and his subjects rather than a President and U.S. citizens.

I do think Trump doesn't quite grasp the magnitude of that distinction.

My favorite president.  You chose the name well.

And your favorite President's favorite was FDR.

The idea that our political leaders, who serve us, are accountable to us, and whose "orders" are subject to all sorts of legal challenges and constitutional protections are comparable in any way to generals who expect and require instant compliance with orders reveals that massive gulf between our respective POV's. 

Alrighty.   

Now, returning to my question ----  what is Reagan's actual legacy?  What did he accomplish that left an indelible mark on the United States?  @Maj. Bill Martin

Offline roamer_1

Bullcrap. Maybe early on.

Washington, Lincoln, and Coolidge.

See... this is your shtick.

Offline Hoodat

Good grief, stop lying already.  Reagan's favorite President was Calvin Coolidge.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

Good grief, stop lying already.  Reagan's favorite President was Calvin Coolidge.

Yup

Favorite - Presidents
George Washington
Abraham Lincoln
Calvin Coolidge

https://www.reaganlibrary.gov/reagans/ronald-reagan/facts-about-ronald-reagan

It took me less than 30 seconds to look up and find out that FDR was not his favorite president. Thirty seconds
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 05:55:47 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
And it is no small thing that these were the US military's plans on striking Iran. How in the hell do you claim those to be your "personal" documents??? That is a bridge too far.

2 words ... MAGICAL THINKING

donny BELIEVED they were HIS toys to PLAY with as he chose...

donald trump is a child

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

@Right_in_Virginia

What have you learned from Reagan, and what mistakes do you think he made?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Alrighty.   

Now, returning to my question ----  what is Reagan's actual legacy?  What did he accomplish that left an indelible mark on the United States?  @Maj. Bill Martin

I would sooner gorge on a gigantic sack of sauteed penises than engage in a discussion with you that involves you asking questions, me answering, and you refusing to reciprocate the courtesy.

Offline roamer_1

Alrighty.   

It's insane that you don't know...

And who can trust your words in reply?

Offline Hoodat

Again:

Using your definition, what did Reagan win?

The Cold War.

Offline Hoodat

I would sooner gorge on a gigantic sack of sauteed penises than engage in a discussion with you that involves you asking questions, me answering, and you refusing to reciprocate the courtesy.

Ask her what her DU handle is.

Offline LMAO

Again:

The Cold War.

This and the breakdown of the Iron Curtain

Before Reagan, our policy towards the USSR was mutually assured destruction. Liberals claim it would have happened without Reagan but I don’t believe it would have happened under Carter or Mondale. Liberals were singing a different tune while Reagan was president. They claimed his policy towards the USSR would lead to war

It cost. It cost alot. But were were able to have a “peace dividend” as a result, and have at least an illusion of a balanced budget in the 1990’s
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

Before Reagan, our policy towards the USSR was mutually assured destruction. Liberals claim it would have happened without Reagan but I don’t believe it would have happened under Carter or Mondale. Liberals were singing a different tune while Reagan was president. They claimed his policy towards the USSR would lead to war

It cost. It cost alot. But were were able to have a “peace dividend” as a result, and have at least an illusion of a balanced budget in the 1990’s

It wasn't just MAD as official U.S. policy toward the USSR, it was also - under Carter - a policy of accommodation, of learning to live with the USSR.  According to Carter, we had to learn to live in peace with the USSR, or not at all:  https://www.cvce.eu/content/publication/1999/1/1/6f1ced84-c4ee-42ba-a57b-41013c49a4a4/publishable_en.pdf

Offline LMAO

2 words ... MAGICAL THINKING

donny BELIEVED they were HIS toys to PLAY with as he chose...

donald trump is a child

, "When I look at myself in the first grade and I look at myself now, I’m basically the same. The temperament is not that different." Donal Trump

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

There is something to be said for the DEMS v. GOP raising the deficit. The GOP needs to take some responsibility.  Brandon has raised it significantly since Trump.

Reagan took the deficit from 70 billion to 175 billion.
Bush 41 took it to 300 billion.
Clinton got it to zero.
Bush 43 took it from 0 to 1.2 trillion.
Obama halved it to 600 billion.
Trump’s got it back to a trillion...............

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2019/jul/29/tweets/republican-presidents-democrats-contribute-deficit/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Bullcrap. Maybe early on.

Yes, early on and lingering, it was FDR.  And it makes sense for those coming through the depression.

Here's an interesting, benign article:  What Reagan Learned from FDR---https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/159389

Offline roamer_1

Yes, early on and lingering, it was FDR.  And it makes sense for those coming through the depression.

Here's an interesting, benign article:  What Reagan Learned from FDR---https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/159389

No... not lingering. And not interesting. I have quit reading your nonsense links, because they are usually junk anymore.

Again.

The Cold War.

You should have honored and protected this part of Reagan's legacy.   The military-industral complex and current Bidenites are hellbent on turning Russia back into the Soviet Union Reagan defeated to justify another hot war bringing us again to the brink of nuclear destruction --- Republicans who support these efforts have helped erase the one true victory of the Reagan years,

You may want to stop highlighting your mistake.