Author Topic: “This is the Final Battle. With You at My Side…” – Donald Trump Declares  (Read 16012 times)

Offline Kamaji

You should have honored and protected this part of Reagan's legacy.   The military-industral complex and current Bidenites are hellbent on turning Russia back into the Soviet Union Reagan defeated to justify another hot war bringing us again to the brink of nuclear destruction --- Republicans who support these efforts have helped erase the one true victory of the Reagan years,

You may want to stop highlighting your mistake.

Wow.  What a hot load of bullshit.  Putin is on record as wanting to restore the old Soviet Union/Russian Empire.  That has been a goal of his for decades.

You might want to stop lying; that, or start posting at DU, where lying is more acceptable.

Offline roamer_1

Republicans who support these efforts have helped erase the one true victory of the Reagan years,

One? You're deranged.

Offline libertybele

Wow.  What a hot load of bullshit.  Putin is on record as wanting to restore the old Soviet Union/Russian Empire.  That has been a goal of his for decades.

You might want to stop lying; that, or start posting at DU, where lying is more acceptable.

:laugh:

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No... not lingering. And not interesting. I have quit reading your nonsense links, because they are usually junk anymore.

Reagan talked of him and quoted FDR often.  As I said, it's understandable from someone living through the depression.  This is included in nearly everything I have read while researching Reagan.  The first time I came across the FDR tidbit I had the same reaction I had when I learned John Adams defended an English soldier  :laugh:  ---- but you get passed it, so hang in there.

Here's a bit from the article you consider junk.  IMO, it shows Reagan was a rational, fair and honorable man:

Throughout his presidency Reagan cited FDR. To members of his Cabinet and National Security Council he described Roosevelt’s efforts to quarantine fascist aggression in the years before World War II; Reagan intended to act with similar foresight (and greater effect: Congress had been slow to heed Roosevelt) against communism. After Reagan successfully spurred Congress to bolster the finances of Social Security, he signed the bill with a nod to the father of Social Security: “Today we reaffirm Franklin Roosevelt's commitment that Social Security must always provide a secure and stable base so that older Americans may live in dignity.” In kicking off his reelection campaign in 1984, with the predictable assertion that more remained to be done, Reagan said, “Franklin Roosevelt told us fifty years ago this month: ‘Civilization cannot go back; civilization must not stand still. We have undertaken new methods. It is our task to perfect, to improve, to alter when necessary, but in all cases to go forward.’”

In one of his final acts as president, Reagan joined a celebration of the fiftieth anniversary of the founding of the Franklin Roosevelt presidential library. Reagan recalled the dark days of the Depression and reasserted his debt to Roosevelt. “All across the nation, millions of new voters looked at this president who was filled with confidence in the future, faith in the people and the joy of the democratic rough-and-tumble, and they said to themselves maybe someday they, too, would like to serve the nation in public life,” Reagan said. “I was one of those millions.” Reagan explained that he had experienced in his own political career what Roosevelt had taught: that there is no force more potent than Americans’ confidence in their country’s purpose and destiny. “To my mind, as one who has served in the office FDR once graced so magnificently, no higher tribute can be given a president than that he strengthened our faith in ourselves.”

https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/159389

Link please.

Offline Kamaji

Link please.

As you are so fond of telling other people:  go do your own research.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

@Kamaji

You've known @Right_in_Virginia for about 15 years.  You know her as well as I do.

Stop with the "lying", "liar" insults and the ridiculous references to DU.

22222frying pan

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

Reagan talked of him and quoted FDR often.  As I said, it's understandable from someone living through the depression.  This is included in nearly everything I have read while researching Reagan.  The first time I came across the FDR tidbit I had the same reaction I had when I learned John Adams defended an English soldier  :laugh:  ---- but you get passed it, so hang in there.

Here's a bit from the article you consider junk.  IMO, it shows Reagan was a rational, fair and honorable man:

Not interested. And Reagan quoted a lot of people.

Your intentions precede you. Like I said, I am not going to open that door again. We have gone around about Reagan multiple times. And still you bring the same ol bullshit. The newer folks will learn soon enough.

One? You're deranged.

I keep asking for a list of Reagan's accomplishments.  All you have to do is post the lasting wins Reagan had (the laws he passed, by your standard)

Why not post them and correct me rather than insult me?   :shrug:

As you are so fond of telling other people:  go do your own research.

But, you called me a liar.  So, post a link or apologize to me.

Offline roamer_1

I keep asking for a list of Reagan's accomplishments.  All you have to do is post the lasting wins Reagan had (the laws he passed, by your standard)

Why not post them and correct me rather than insult me?   :shrug:

Because all you need to do is recall our past arguments to get your answers. If your memory is that bad, then go look it up.

You've been hacking Reagan for years. Always bullshit.
Kinda like you're doing to DeSantis now too.

Trying to tear down others won't buy Tumpy anything.
That's already proven. But it remains a Tumpster trait.

Offline Kamaji

But, you called me a liar.  So, post a link or apologize to me.

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.  Go do your own research and prove that you haven't being lying.  After all, that's the same tactic you use on others here.

Not interested. And Reagan quoted a lot of people.

Your intentions precede you. Like I said, I am not going to open that door again.

You're starting to sound a little nuts.  Maybe you should calm down and rest for a while.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
There was the dissolution of the Soviet Union. But the cold war didn't really end. If it had, and Russia was no longer a threat, we wouldn't have, or need,  NATO.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Alrighty.... You've been reduced to gibberish.  I'll take it as the win.   88devil

:seeya:

Offline Kamaji

Alrighty.... You've been reduced to gibberish.  I'll take it as the win.   88devil

:seeya:

/snicker

Whatever floats your boat, liar.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
There was the dissolution of the Soviet Union. But the cold war didn't really end. If it had, and Russia was no longer a threat, we wouldn't have, or need,  NATO.

:bingo:  888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Damn.  Maggie got it wrong.

Margaret Thatcher:   Ronald Reagan had ended the Cold War without firing a shot.   

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Damn.  Maggie got it wrong.

Unfortunately, yes she did. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Again.

The Cold War.

You should have honored and protected this part of Reagan's legacy. Blah blah blah

Zero relevance to the question asked.  You asked for Reagan's accomplishments.  Winning the Cold War and bring about the dissolution of communism in Eastern Europe stands as one of the greatest accomplishments of the 20th century, making Ronald Reagan one of the greatest Presidents this nation has ever had the good fortune of having.  So all your bullshit about the military industrial complex and the Bidens is exactly that - bullshit.  It does not touch Reagan's legacy.  Seriously, your attempt to blame Reagan for Biden?  Wow.  Just wow.

Now, back to the question at hand.  Since I so courteously answered yours.  In reference to your post below:

Calm down.  I'm not trying to do anything to Reagan ..... except learn from him, including from his mistakes.

Again, what is it that you learned from Reagan, and what mistakes do you think he made?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Yes, early on and lingering, it was FDR.  And it makes sense for those coming through the depression.

Whose portrait did Reagan hang in the Cabinet Room?

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

You should have honored and protected this part of Reagan's legacy. Blah blah blah

Zero relevance to the question asked.  You asked for Reagan's accomplishments.  Winning the Cold War and bring about the dissolution of communism in Eastern Europe stands as one of the greatest accomplishments of the 20th century, making Ronald Reagan one of the greatest Presidents this nation has ever had the good fortune of having.  So all your bullshit about the military industrial complex and the Bidens is exactly that - bullshit.  It does not touch Reagan's legacy.  Seriously, your attempt to blame Reagan for Biden?  Wow.  Just wow.

Now, back to the question at hand.  Since I so courteously answered yours.  In reference to your post below:

Again, what is it that you learned from Reagan, and what mistakes do you think he made?

I think the war on drugs was a mistake on several fronts. Isn't that when asset forfeitures started without trial?

Offline LMAO

I think the war on drugs was a mistake on several fronts. Isn't that when asset forfeitures started without trial?

Amnesty is another
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

There is something to be said for the DEMS v. GOP raising the deficit. The GOP needs to take some responsibility.  Brandon has raised it significantly since Trump.

Reagan took the deficit from 70 billion to 175 billion.
Bush 41 took it to 300 billion.
Clinton got it to zero.
Bush 43 took it from 0 to 1.2 trillion.
Obama halved it to 600 billion.
Trump’s got it back to a trillion...............

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2019/jul/29/tweets/republican-presidents-democrats-contribute-deficit/

These numbers are crap.  Clinton had deficits each of his eight years in office, even with the Peace Dividend that Reagan gave him.  'W' never had deficit anywhere close to $1.2 trillion.  The budget attribued to his last year in office wasn't passed until Feb 2009, weeks after he left office. 

Offline Hoodat

@DB @LMAO

I am well aware that Reagan made mistakes.  The point is that @Right_in_Virginia couldn't come up with any since she blurted out the first lie that popped into her head that particular moment.

Listening to Cap Weinberger after Beruit, viewing the Space Shuttle as a way to make money for the government, and rescuing Social Security are three that come to my mind.