Author Topic: Kasich: Trump Will Never Be President — ‘Normal,’ Traditional Republicans Won’t Vote for Him  (Read 5311 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
LOL!  @Maj. Bill Martin I believe said I lacked a sarcasm tag.

Of course it would never happen.   I said it should happen and if I were POTUS it damned well WOULD happen.

Execute them all publicly...impeach me...then let history judge/redeem me.

My face would be on Rushmore in 50 years' time.
Biden will be represented in stone in the Black Hills, eventually. Right behind Crazy Horse.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Maybe you intended to insert a sarcasm tag, because otherwise, that is a completely batshit crazy idea.  Exactly where does the Constitution authorize that, and in what universe would you expect any responsible officers in the military to carry out such a clearly unconstitutional order?  As much as I can't stand the Democrats, Trump would deserve an instant bullet in the head if he tried to do that.

What he'd likely get instead is arrested by the very military he just ordered to do that, and be impeached, convicted, and removed from office within a week.  Max.  Fortunately, he'd likely have enough sane people around him to slap him silly if he ever attempted to do such a thing.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Amazing,ain't it?

I am in complete agreement with every word in your post above.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I am almost to the point where I will refuse to even open these threads because I already know how the discussion will be posed.

Poster 1:"I didn't say that!"

Poster 2: "Did,too!"

Poster 1: "You are a doody-head!"

Poster 2: "No,YOU are the doody-head!"

Etc,etc,etc.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 08:51:15 pm by sneakypete »

Online roamer_1

Biden will be represented in stone in the Black Hills, eventually. Right behind Crazy Horse.

Sniffing his hair...  :whistle:

Offline LMAO

I am almost to the point where I will refuse to even open these threads because I already know how the discussion will be posed.

Poster 1:"I didn't say that!"

Poster 2: "Did,too!"

Poster 1: "You are a doody-head!"

Poster 2: "No,YOU are the doody-head!"

Etc,etc,etc.

You mean like claiming opposition to Trump is because he’s “orange, rude, and rich?” wink777
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

You mean like claiming opposition to Trump is because he’s “orange, rude, and rich?” wink777

@LMAO

Class warfare and jealousy will NEVER end for some people.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

snip...

Yeah. You want a messiah. An emperor. No different than the liberals in that, sorry to say.
And it's a pipe dream. That ain't how it works. One man ain't gonna change jack shit. As proven already. You should know that by now.

...snip

We've been ruled by EXECUTIVE ORDERS ...how long now?

Some of us have been talking to one another since Monica, Elian and Schiavo. 

I don't recall Clinton using them to bypass Congress and essentially the Constitution or Separation of Powers.  Do you?

...other than their refusing to even vote on a Budget and run the country on 'Continuing Resolutions'.  LOL!

We're in very dangerous times.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

I love the “I already answered” non answer

Oh well. As per your history, I didn’t believe that I was going to get an answer.

This hasn’t been just my experience but other posters here.

But this is a pattern for you.

What once were vices are now reflexes.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
LOL!  @

Of course it would never happen.   I said it should happen and if I were POTUS it damned well WOULD happen.

1) No, it should not happen, and

2) No, it would not happen even if you gave the order because the order wouldn't be obeyed.

My face would be on Rushmore in 50 years' time.

No, you'd just be the answer to a trivia question, and equally consequential.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@Maj. Bill Martin

Amazing,ain't it?

I am in complete agreement with every word in your post above.

:beer:

Offline LMAO

Oh, my.   I have a stalker.   000hehehehe

How the hell is one a stalker on an open political forum were posting histories are out there for all to see?

Bizzarre

« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 12:31:05 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I don't recall Clinton using them to bypass Congress and essentially the Constitution or Separation of Powers.  Do you?

...other than their refusing to even vote on a Budget and run the country on 'Continuing Resolutions'.  LOL!

Executive Orders have been around for a long time, but I don't think a lot of people quite understand what they are.  They are orders the President gives to Executive Branch employees, but they are not enforceable against private citizens.

The courts also struck some down during the Obama, Trump, and Biden Administrations, so they aren't as all-powerful as you are insinuating.

Online roamer_1

That is a big part of the problem @DCPatriot ... And the whip-saw effect that comes with it. There is no stability in the change between Tumpy and Bidet... The up-ending of everything every time there is a regime change is almost as bad as the rest of the stupid sh*t they do.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That is a big part of the problem @DCPatriot ... And the whip-saw effect that comes with it. There is no stability in the change between Tumpy and Bidet... The up-ending of everything every time there is a regime change is almost as bad as the rest of the stupid sh*t they do.

@roamer_1

Cheer up,JEB is running,so you can support him. Won't be the same without his mama pulling the strings,but it will still be more to your liking.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

Cheer up,JEB is running,so you can support him. Won't be the same without his mama pulling the strings,but it will still be more to your liking.

Yeah... bullshit, and you know it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yeah... bullshit, and you know it.

@roamer_1

No,I don't. JEB doesn't rock any boats,is quiet and polite and likely to get a lot of moderate Dim votes.

Seems to a perfect description of who you would vote for. All he has to do is lie to you and tell you he is going to cut taxes,and you are THERE.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

No,I don't. JEB doesn't rock any boats,is quiet and polite and likely to get a lot of moderate Dim votes.

Seems to a perfect description of who you would vote for. All he has to do is lie to you and tell you he is going to cut taxes,and you are THERE.

When offered JEB, my choice was Cruz.
I would not vote for Tumpy.
I would not vote for Romulus.
I would not vote for McAin't.

WTF makes you think I would vote for JEB! ?

Offline LMAO

@roamer_1

Well, if your politics are consistent, you must be really upset with Donald Trump tapping a former Jeb Bush campaign manager for his 2024 run. Right?

Or is that different this time?

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@roamer_1

I know most people hate lawyers, but there is a reason so many politicians are lawyers.   It is both groups know that many times it is as much about how you say something, as it is what you are saying.  A good lawyer standing in front of a jury knows how to frame his case and facts in a way that appeals to as many jurors as possible.  Another lawyer, with the exact same facts, may be much less persuasive because of how he makes the case to the jury.  I've had/seen over 100 trials myself, and the difference between someone who is really good at persuading people, and someone who isn't, is staggering.  And again, it's with the same facts.

The point of this is that you can have two politicians advancing the exact same policies -- literally no different at all in substance.  But if one of them knows how to present those policies in a way that appeals to a larger number of people, that politician is going to be more successful at getting those ideas actually implemented.  They're both sticking to their guns -- it's just that one of them is much, much better at selling it to more people.

I'm saying this because a lot of Trump supporters characterize criticism of him by accusing the critics of wanting Democrats/RINOs.  But that's not the point at all.  We want a lot of the exact same policies -- secure border, positive business environment, etc..  We just want them being pushed by someone who knows how to convince people to support those ideas so they actually get enacted into law.

Trump just needlessly pisses off too many people he would need to actually get things done versus just talking about them.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
LMAO opines:
"But when you talk about declaring martial law and arresting people, especially as a President, you better have a damn good reason besides hurt feelings otherwise the public backlash will be very great"

Ahem.
Ask the prisoners holed up in the DC jail about that.

Offline Kamaji

I know most people hate lawyers, but there is a reason so many politicians are lawyers.   It is both groups know that many times it is as much about how you say something, as it is what you are saying.  A good lawyer standing in front of a jury knows how to frame his case and facts in a way that appeals to as many jurors as possible.  Another lawyer, with the exact same facts, may be much less persuasive because of how he makes the case to the jury.  I've had/seen over 100 trials myself, and the difference between someone who is really good at persuading people, and someone who isn't, is staggering.  And again, it's with the same facts.

The point of this is that you can have two politicians advancing the exact same policies -- literally no different at all in substance.  But if one of them knows how to present those policies in a way that appeals to a larger number of people, that politician is going to be more successful at getting those ideas actually implemented.  They're both sticking to their guns -- it's just that one of them is much, much better at selling it to more people.

I'm saying this because a lot of Trump supporters characterize criticism of him by accusing the critics of wanting Democrats/RINOs.  But that's not the point at all.  We want a lot of the exact same policies -- secure border, positive business environment, etc..  We just want them being pushed by someone who knows how to convince people to support those ideas so they actually get enacted into law.

Trump just needlessly pisses off too many people he would need to actually get things done versus just talking about them.

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

LMAO opines:
"But when you talk about declaring martial law and arresting people, especially as a President, you better have a damn good reason besides hurt feelings otherwise the public backlash will be very great"

Ahem.
Ask the prisoners holed up in the DC jail about that.

Well, somebody encouraged all those  people to walk right into the trap the Democrats had set for them.  Too bad for them that they listened to him, eh?

And I'm not talking about the specifics of the speech he gave that afternoon.  The fuse was already lit by that point.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Well, if your politics are consistent, you must be really upset with Donald Trump tapping a former Jeb Bush campaign manager for his 2024 run. Right?

Or is that different this time?

@LMAO

You are the one that gets all pissy about Trum,bubba.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Maj. Bill Martin

I agree with almost all of what you write about,TO A DEGREE.

That "degree" is when people start clamoring for "more of the same causin weeze needs a moderate candidate!"

*I* do NOT want a "moderate candidate that will appeal to moderates. I want a freaking bomb-thrower that will shake things up and encourage people to vote most of those career political bastards out of office.

Vote for "More of the same",and you will GET "More of the same".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
When offered JEB, my choice was Cruz.
I would not vote for Tumpy.
I would not vote for Romulus.
I would not vote for McAin't.

WTF makes you think I would vote for JEB! ?

@roamer_1

He's polite,not rude,and he will be happy to tell you ALL the lies you want to hear.