Author Topic: Kasich: Trump Will Never Be President — ‘Normal,’ Traditional Republicans Won’t Vote for Him  (Read 5318 times)

Offline Hoodat

You're soooo obtuse when it comes to common sense on this mater.

We don't have the time to "...have it YOUR way" ... your utopian brand of Conservatism.

The Republic DIES within a decade if this controlled demolition is allowed to continue.

In the last decade, our national debt has increased nearly $15 trillion.  Half of that occurred during the four (out of ten) years Trump was in office.  Looks like 40% of that "controlled demolition" came under Trump.

If I were Donald Trump, on the very day I'm inaugurated, I'd declare a State of Emergency and invoke Martial Law in Washington, D.C.

I'd have all the dirty SOBs responsible for the past 14 years' destruction arrested in pre-dawn, well-publicized raids.  Barack Obama (the precedent is set), Joe Biden, Valerie Jarrett, Susan Rice, Hillary Clinton, James Comey, John Brennan, Peter Strozk...the Chairpersons of the Boards of NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN,

...and that's just before the sun sets on January 20, 2025.

Instead, what you will get is Trump ceding power over to the same Establishment hacks he did before.  Comey, Brennan, Strozk - all employed by Donald J. Trump.

Trump had two major accomplishments early in his Presidency - the tax cuts, and the judicial appointments.  The first he got by turning it over to Paul Ryan.  The second he got by turning it over to Mitch McConnell.  You seem to have this unrealistic idea that Trump is a swamp drainer.  He's not.  Personally, I like the guy very much.  I also like his potential for getting things done.  Unfortunately, he is woefully naive when it comes to politics, and by his current words and actions, it is clear that he has learned nothing since taking office in 2017.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Where was Repub fiscal conservatism when Bush '43 and Trump '45 were in the White House?

In Bush's defense, he did bring the deficit down to $160 billion by 2006.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

You're soooo obtuse when it comes to common sense on this mater.

We don't have the time to "...have it YOUR way" ... your utopian brand of Conservatism.

The Republic DIES within a decade if this controlled demolition is allowed to continue.

That's just it... We don't have time to do otherwise. Every year y'all go racing after shiny shit is another year lost. And another year that the Republicans are assisting the liberal utopia that is supplanting the libertarian utopia that was this nation's root.

Every year y'all go begging for a messiah and an emperor is another year our liberties are whittled away with no succor.

You can call it 'my brand of utopian conservatism', but it is in fact the conservatism that is natural here since our founding. Conservatism seeks not to build new, it seeks to put things back the way they were, and to secure the blessings of liberty in the only form and function that history will attest and approve. Deny that at our peril.

If I were Donald Trump, on the very day I'm inaugurated, I'd declare a State of Emergency and invoke Martial Law in Washington, D.C.

I'd have all the dirty SOBs responsible for the past 14 years' destruction arrested in pre-dawn, well-publicized raids.  Barack Obama (the precedent is set), Joe Biden, Valerie Jarrett, Susan Rice, Hillary Clinton, James Comey, John Brennan, Peter Strozk...the Chairpersons of the Boards of NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN,

...and that's just before the sun sets on January 20, 2025.

@DCPatriot

Yeah. You want a messiah. An emperor. No different than the liberals in that, sorry to say.
And it's a pipe dream. That ain't how it works. One man ain't gonna change jack shit. As proven already. You should know that by now.

No one is changing anything without a ground-up political machine behind him. Not fans. Not voters. A political mechanism. Die-hard and direct. That requires a grassroots, ground up, political body dedicated to one set of principles that span a generation.

That is the ONLY thing that will do anything.

Or you can continue to shoot blanks, hire RINOs, and be happy with the candy thrown from the clown at the head of the parade, while the country continues to go down in flames.

You are providing *NO* opposition. They are running you over roughshod.

This hero bullshit is useless.

Offline roamer_1

If you look at the states won by Reagan that were lost by Goldwater, it went way beyond a successful "southern strategy".    Reagan succeeded because he didn't make any enemies unless it was absolutely necessary.  That disarmed much of the criticism Democrats had levied against Goldwater as an extremist eager to start wars.  It also enabled him to unite the entire GOP behind him, as well as make more conservative Democrats feel included.

"Us v Them" only works if you define the "them" narrowly.   If you define it too broadly -- which is one of Trump's key mistakes -- then you alienate the exact people you need to both win and govern effectively.   Winning an election doesn't do you a lot of good if you don't have a coalition capable of enacting legislative change.  Instead, you'll at best just get Executive Orders on some subjects that can be reversed easily by the next President.    With Trump...even if he somehow managed to get re-elected, he's not going to be able to enact his agenda.

That is somewhat right... But not altogether. The 'hard fight, and we won't let you take it back' speech was not pointed at Democrats - That was pointed right at the moderate wing, and the big money liberal donors that had controlled the party.

But as you said, there was compromise, and we all have to get along, which is why GHWB was the VP... Right out of the moderate neocon wing. Regan said alright, but we get to drive.

Tumpy pisses everybody off. I guarantee he will just get hemmed in again... And I guarantee he will sign the checks, just as he did the last time... In effect, growing government again by leaps and bounds... And the swamp will get deeper... As already proven.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 05:18:58 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
If I were Donald Trump, on the very day I'm inaugurated, I'd declare a State of Emergency and invoke Martial Law in Washington, D.C..  I'd have all the dirty SOBs responsible for the past 14 years' destruction arrested in pre-dawn, well-publicized raids.  Barack Obama (the precedent is set), Joe Biden, Valerie Jarrett, Susan Rice, Hillary Clinton, James Comey, John Brennan, Peter Strozk...the Chairpersons of the Boards of NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN,

Maybe you intended to insert a sarcasm tag, because otherwise, that is a completely batshit crazy idea.  Exactly where does the Constitution authorize that, and in what universe would you expect any responsible officers in the military to carry out such a clearly unconstitutional order?  As much as I can't stand the Democrats, Trump would deserve an instant bullet in the head if he tried to do that.

What he'd likely get instead is arrested by the very military he just ordered to do that, and be impeached, convicted, and removed from office within a week.  Max.  Fortunately, he'd likely have enough sane people around him to slap him silly if he ever attempted to do such a thing.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 05:21:28 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Maybe you intended to insert a sarcasm tag, because otherwise, that is a completely batshit crazy idea.  Exactly where does the Constitution authorize that, and in what universe would you expect any responsible officers in the military to carry out such a clearly unconstitutional order?  As much as I can't stand the Democrats, Trump would deserve an instant bullet in the head if he tried to do that.

What he'd likely get instead is arrested by the very military he just ordered to do that, and be impeached, convicted, and removed from office within a week.  Max.  Fortunately, he'd likely have enough sane people around him to slap him silly if he ever attempted to do such a thing.

Mike Lindell and Gen Flynn wanted Trump to do something like that. Luckily, to his credit, Trump isn't that crazy.

Offline LMAO

They would scream and holler if Hillary did that had she won in 2016

Proving my point once again that the MAGAs aren’t interested in controlling and reducing the size of the government. What they want is “their” dictatorship
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Mike Lindell and Gen Flynn wanted Trump to do something like that. Luckily, to his credit, Trump isn't that crazy.

Lindell I can excuse because, well, I think he fried his brain at some point.  But there isn't any excuse for Flynn's nutbaggery.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Question: Who determines who is a RINO or not?  I think we need to stop playing these RINO games cause in reality we don't have the numbers to carry and candidate across the finish line.  The reality is this we are not going to get a Ted Cruz type of person elected in the state of Illinois. , So, therefore, a moderate GOP is desired over a Dem.

But if you want to continue to play RINO hunting games go right ahead. Just enjoy losing elections while waiting for the pure "conservative". Now Trump I personally think that Trump is truly a RINO.  I just don't buy his sudden conversion.
I'm with Justice Potter Stewart on this one. It's difficult to define, but I know it when I see it.

Essentially, it is one who departs from the stated aims of the Republican Party.

But then, that's most of the GOP at one point or another.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

The term 'Republican' is now synonymous with 'Democrat-Lite'.  And by that definition, Conservatives have become 'Republican in name only'.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Proving my point once again that the MAGAs aren’t interested in controlling and reducing the size of the government. What they want is “their” dictatorship

Moronic; simply moronic.

Offline LMAO

Moronic; simply moronic.

But spot on

But, I’ll give you an opportunity to show me were I’m wrong. That I’m being unfair to the MAGAs in my assessment of them

Do you agree with DC’s “remedies?”
Do you agree with people like Flynn who stated Trump should declare Martial Law as a result of the 2020 election results?

Really, I see nothing from Trump or his MAGAs about reducing the size of the government.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 07:10:23 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

But spot on

But, I’ll give you an opportunity to show me were I’m wrong.

Good luck with that.  I've been waiting since 2016.

Offline Hoodat

Offline LMAO

Good luck with that.  I've been waiting since 2016.

You’re more patient than I am. I usually give up after asking her the third time and not getting an answer.

I’m not claiming that everybody who votes for Donald Trump takes these positions. That’s a broad brush.

But when you talk about declaring martial law and arresting people, especially as a President, you better have a damn good reason besides hurt feelings otherwise the public backlash will be very great

Fortunately, Donald Trump knew better than to attempt that route in 2020. It would set a very bad precedent
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 07:27:48 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

You’re more patient than I am. I usually give up after asking her the third time and not getting an answer.

By the time I stumble onto your  :bs:. I have already answered --- beyond your level of understanding ------ your "gotcha now" question.

It is not my job to keep you entertained or informed.  Neither is is my responsibility to follow you around making sure you're receiving enough attention.

I suggest you get over yourself.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Moronic; simply moronic.

LOL!  @Maj. Bill Martin I believe said I lacked a sarcasm tag.

Of course it would never happen.   I said it should happen and if I were POTUS it damned well WOULD happen.

Execute them all publicly...impeach me...then let history judge/redeem me.

My face would be on Rushmore in 50 years' time.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

By the time I stumble onto your  :bs:. I have already answered --- beyond your level of understanding ------ your "gotcha now" question.

It is not my job to keep you entertained or informed.  Neither is is my responsibility to follow you around making sure you're receiving enough attention.

I suggest you get over yourself.

I love the “I already answered” non answer

Oh well. As per your history, I didn’t believe that I was going to get an answer.

This hasn’t been just my experience but other posters here.

But this is a pattern for you.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 08:13:30 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

LOL!  @Maj. Bill Martin I believe said I lacked a sarcasm tag.

Of course it would never happen.   I said it should happen and if I were POTUS it damned well WOULD happen.

Execute them all publicly...impeach me...then let history judge/redeem me.

My face would be on Rushmore in 50 years' time.

I'm still waiting for the baptism replay @DCPatriot   888blackhat

I love the “I already answered” non answer

Oh well. As per your history, I didn’t believe that I was going to get an answer.

This hasn’t been just my experience but other posters here.

Get over yourself.

Offline LMAO

Get over yourself.

Predictable pattern

In a debate last year, regarding Donald Trump’s issue on the debt, I asked if you had a problem with him adding nearly $8 trillion on the debt in his short 4 years on his watch….you didn’t answer.

You posted a tweet from Donald Trump, claiming Charlie Crist had good numbers. When another poster asked you what those good numbers were… You didn’t answer

Recently, I gave you many of Donald Trump’s past and present positions that are to the left of center. I gave you the courtesy of answering if you also shared those positions… You didn’t answer.

And now this one. They were Trump backers who did suggest he declare martial law after the 2020 election. I asked if you agreed with that… You didn’t answer.

You made a claim that Ron DeSantis was crying because Donald Trump was being mean to him. One another poster asked you when that happened… You didn’t answer

See the pattern?

And there’s several others that I’ve seen. Your tactic is to make that person the issue, tell them the wrong, and then storm off and blame them for your refusal or inability to answer the question

« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 08:20:59 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Predictable pattern

In a debate last year, regarding Donald Trump’s issue on the debt, I asked if you had a problem with him adding nearly $8 trillion on a debt in his short for years on his watch….you didn’t answer.

You posted a tweet from Donald Trump, claiming Charlie Crist had good numbers. When another poster asked you what those good numbers were… You didn’t answer

Recently, I gave you many of Donald Trump’s past and present positions that are to the left of center. I gave you the courtesy of answering if you also shared those positions… You didn’t answer.

And now this one. They were Trump backers who did suggest he declare martial law after the 2020 election. I asked if you agreed with that… You didn’t answer.

And there’s several others that I’ve seen. Your tactic is to make that person the issue, tell them the wrong, and then storm off and blame them for your refusal or inability to answer the question

Oh, my.   I have a stalker.   000hehehehe

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'm still waiting for the baptism replay @DCPatriot   888blackhat

:silly:

LOL!  The 'victims' have changed over the years!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

:silly:

LOL!  The 'victims' have changed over the years!

True dat!   88devil