Author Topic: George Bush needs to get a grip and stop Churchill-izing Zelensky  (Read 1211 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 7, 2022
George Bush needs to get a grip and stop Churchill-izing Zelensky
By Francis P. Sempa

The New York Post reports that former president George W. Bush called Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky "the Winston Churchill of our time."  Bush spoke to Zelensky on May 5, 2022 via videoconference.  Then, on Instagram, Bush posted that he thanked Zelensky for "his leadership, his example, and his commitment to liberty."  Bush also said, "We will continue to stand with Ukrainians as they stand up for their freedom."

One would think after that the debacles in Afghanistan and Iraq, Bush would be a little more humble when he talks about war.

After the September 11, 2001 attacks on America, Bush gave some stirring, Churchillian speeches to Congress and the American people.  He portrayed the struggle against al-Qaeda and their sponsors as an existential battle of good versus evil.  And he told the world that you were either with the United States in this struggle or against us.  He then waged war against Al-Qaeda and the Taliban in Afghanistan and waged war in Iraq based on intelligence that Iraq was hiding weapons of mass destruction and was associated with Islamic terrorists.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/05/george_bush_needs_to_get_a_grip_and_stop_churchillizing_zelensky.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: George Bush needs to get a grip and stop Churchill-izing Zelensky
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2022, 03:07:56 pm »
Boy Jorge is still sober????

THAT is a bet I would have lost!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2022, 03:29:26 pm »
Zelensky is playing the west like a violin.  Not that I blame him.  He is in a "do or die" situation.

However, our interests are not his interests. The deep state and its sycophants in the media, along with corporate America, are beating the war drums just as they did before the Iraq War.  There is no presentation of any alternative point-of-view.  Both parties are going in head first.

I made the mistake of supporting the Iraq War.  I am not going to make that mistake again.  Ukraine is and has been a cesspool of corruption since the Soviet Union fell.  Politicians have been chewing on its corpse for 30 years.  Now they are asking for another $35 billion so they can chew on its corpse some more.  This has to stop.

Is there no one in American politics with the courage to be the first to take a stand, before it becomes popular?  By the time this is over, all of us will be asking (if we are even around to ask it) where were the politicians with imagination, willing to tell us the truth.

I am asking this question now.  Where are they?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 03:38:26 pm by massadvj »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2022, 04:44:39 pm »
Zelensky is playing the west like a violin.  Not that I blame him.  He is in a "do or die" situation.

However, our interests are not his interests. The deep state and its sycophants in the media, along with corporate America, are beating the war drums just as they did before the Iraq War.  There is no presentation of any alternative point-of-view.  Both parties are going in head first.

I made the mistake of supporting the Iraq War.  I am not going to make that mistake again.  Ukraine is and has been a cesspool of corruption since the Soviet Union fell.  Politicians have been chewing on its corpse for 30 years.  Now they are asking for another $35 billion so they can chew on its corpse some more. This has to stop.

Is there no one in American politics with the courage to be the first to take a stand, before it becomes popular?  By the time this is over, all of us will be asking (if we are even around to ask it) where were the politicians with imagination, willing to tell us the truth.

You can bet your @$$ that much of any loot appropriated for this will find its way back to the pockets of the appropriators!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2022, 04:46:53 pm »
There could be an argument that W has done more damage than any POS democrat we have ever dealt with.

He's lost his standing, even within the party.  Time to fade away mf'er.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2022, 04:49:48 pm »
What @massadvj said.  :yowsa:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2022, 07:53:18 pm »

Here's the problem.

Ukraine is being invaded. Nobody disputes that. Russia is acting in aggression. Nobody disputes that.

The alternatives in this situation are 1) leave Ukraine flailing in the wind and increase the chances of Russia causing major carnage, even if they eventually fail, or worse, let Russia win and be emboldened to start the next World War; or 2) depose the Ukrainian leadership ourselves and try to install a puppet state, Iraq/Afghanistan style—and we all know the odds of that succeeding are pretty much zero.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2022, 08:05:24 pm »
Here's the problem.

Ukraine is being invaded. Nobody disputes that. Russia is acting in aggression. Nobody disputes that.

Any thoughts on Russia being poked into action by a US led coalition @jmyrlefuller

« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 08:08:14 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2022, 09:37:04 pm »
Here's the problem.

The alternatives in this situation are 1) leave Ukraine flailing in the wind and increase the chances of Russia causing major carnage, even if they eventually fail, or worse, let Russia win and be emboldened to start the next World War; or 2) depose the Ukrainian leadership ourselves and try to install a puppet state, Iraq/Afghanistan style—and we all know the odds of that succeeding are pretty much zero.

(3) Quietly help the Ukranians with military assistance and intelligence, but keep it covert. Stop thumping our chests, stop calling Putin a war criminal, and give the Russians an opportunity to exit with dignity instead of cornering the bear until it has nothing left to lose.

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2022, 09:54:50 pm »
(3) Quietly help the Ukranians with military assistance and intelligence, but keep it covert. Stop thumping our chests, stop calling Putin a war criminal, and give the Russians an opportunity to exit with dignity instead of cornering the bear until it has nothing left to lose.

Michael Tracey
@mtracey

An important difference between the Cuban Missile Crisis and today is that Kennedy ultimately tried to tamp down the conflict -- Biden is doing the opposite by continuously trying to *ramp up* the conflict

10:52 PM · May 6, 2022·Twitter Web App

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2022, 10:03:45 pm »
Any thoughts on Russia being poked into action by a US led coalition @jmyrlefuller

The only thing poking Russia into action was our disastrous surrender to the Taliban.  That is the point where Russia's troop buildup on the Ukraine border began.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2022, 10:18:19 pm »

@massadvj

Making this public is one of the VERY few things Biden's handlers have done right.

It encourages other nations to contribute also,taking a huge load off the back of American taxpayers,while sending a VERY strong message to Russia that they are now isolated from the rest of the world.

I am positive this was an accident and those bozos had no idea this would happen,though. They are probably pissed because it keeps them from getting the under the table cash pay-outs they were hoping for. Hard to sell something when everyone else is giving it away.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 10:19:59 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2022, 10:21:46 pm »
Michael Tracey
@mtracey

An important difference between the Cuban Missile Crisis and today is that Kennedy ultimately tried to tamp down the conflict -- Biden is doing the opposite by continuously trying to *ramp up* the conflict

10:52 PM · May 6, 2022·Twitter Web App

@Right_in_Virginia

THAT is where the money is,including "The Big Guy's 10 Percent". If there was no financial potential in it for him and his handlers,it wouldn't be happening.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2022, 10:22:37 pm »
The only thing poking Russia into action was our disastrous surrender to the Taliban.  That is the point where Russia's troop buildup on the Ukraine border began.

@Hoodat

I think you are probably right about that.

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2022, 10:36:18 pm »
@Hoodat

I think you are probably right about that.

He's not even close to being right @sneakypete

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2022, 11:23:12 pm »

Let's review, shall we?

Russian troop movements near Ukraine border prompt concern in U.S., Europe

Paul Sonne, Robyn Dixon and David L. Stern  |  October 30, 2021 at 4:23 p.m. EDT

A renewed buildup of Russian troops near the Ukrainian border has raised concern among some officials in the United States and Europe who are tracking what they consider irregular movements of equipment and personnel on Russia’s western flank.  .  .  .

.  .  .  Officials in the United States and Europe began noticing the movements particularly in recent weeks, after Russia concluded a massive joint military exercise with Belarus known as Zapad 2021 on its western flank in mid-September.

According to Kofman, publicly available satellite imagery shows that forces from Russia’s 41st Combined Arms Army, normally based in the Siberian city of Novosibirsk, didn’t return to Siberia after the exercises, and instead linked up with other Russian forces near the Ukrainian border. Kofman also said footage posted online appears to show that Russia’s 1st Guards Tank Army, an elite unit based outside Moscow, is moving personnel and materiel toward Ukraine.

Oleksiy Danilov, secretary of Ukraine’s national security and defense council, said in a statement that after the conclusion of the Zapad 2021 exercises, Russia left military equipment, as well as control and communications centers, at training sites along the Ukrainian border.

Danilov estimated that the number of Russian troops deployed around the Ukrainian border at 80,000 to 90,000, not including the tens of thousands stationed in Crimea.  .  .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/russian-troop-movements-near-ukraine-border-prompt-concern-in-us-europe/2021/10/30/c122e57c-3983-11ec-9662-399cfa75efee_story.html
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2022, 12:18:41 am »

@Right_in_Virginia

Yeah,he is.

You are just so terrified of getting killed in a war that you have turned into  a surrender monkey.

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2022, 12:51:33 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

You are just so terrified of getting killed in a war that you have turned into  a surrender monkey.

This is not true @sneakypete  What terrifies me is that we are goading Russia into a direct war and all I'm hearing are ridiculous insults like 'surrender monkey".   Insults are easy, Pete.  Where are your guts when it comes to asking the necessary and tough questions about this sh*tshow?

You're a self-proclimed military strategist around here ..... so tell me why the US wants war so badly with Russia.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2022, 12:55:21 am »
This is not true @sneakypete  What terrifies me is that we are goading Russia into a direct war and all I'm hearing are ridiculous insults like 'surrender monkey".   Insults are easy, Pete. Where are your guts when it comes to asking the necessary and tough questions about this sh*tshow?

You're a self-proclimed military strategist around here ..... so tell me why the US wants war so badly with Russia.

@Right_in_Virginia

There ARE NO "tough questions" to ask. Russia invaded a sovereign country,and our only options were to ignore it and thus encourage them to do more of it,or to help the people invaded defend themselves by providing them with armaments.

Damn near everybody BUT you had this figured out long ago.

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2022, 12:58:06 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

There ARE NO "tough questions" to ask. Russia invaded a sovereign country,and our only options were to ignore it and thus encourage them to do more of it,or to help the people invaded defend themselves by providing them with armaments.

We orchestrated this whole thing beginning in 2014.

Are you not interested in knowing why .... at all?

@sneakypete

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2022, 01:00:41 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

I spit out Biden's kool-aid .... I do not drink it.

@sneakypete

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2022, 01:21:57 am »
We orchestrated this whole thing beginning in 2014.

Are you not interested in knowing why .... at all?
No, we didn't. But please humor us.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2022, 01:43:37 am »
April 2014: conflict begins

On 12 April, unmarked pro-Russian militants seized the Donetsk city office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and two other police offices in the oblast, although they were repelled after an assault on the general prosecutor's office and failed to take a police office in the city of Shakhtarsk.  Following negotiations between the militants and those in the building, the chief of the office resigned from his post.  Officers from the Berkut special police force, which had been dissolved by the government following the February revolution, took part in the seizure on the separatists' side.  After gaining control of the Donetsk RSA and declaring the Donetsk People's Republic, pro-Russian groups vowed to fan out and take control of strategic infrastructure across Donetsk Oblast, and demanded that public officials who wished to continue their work swear allegiance to the Republic.

By 14 April, pro-Russian militants led by former GRU operatives Igor Girkin and Igor Bezler had taken control of government buildings in many other cities within the oblast, including Sloviansk, Mariupol, Horlivka, Kramatorsk, Yenakiieve, Makiivka, Druzhkivka, and Zhdanivka.  Following this seizure of the Donetsk RSA, the militants began to expand their control across the city. The municipal administration building was stormed and occupied by the insurgents on 16 April.  Further actions by the separatists resulted in the capture of the offices of the regional state television network on 27 April.  After capturing the broadcasting centre, the militants began to broadcast Russian television channels.  On 4 May, the flag of the Donetsk People's Republic was raised over the police headquarters in Donetsk city proper.

A number of interviews given in 2019–2020 by participants on the Russian side (including Girkin, Bezler, Gubarev and others) revealed that the initial idea to take control of Donbas towns was passed on to Donetsk "People's Governor" Pavel Gubarev by Sergey Glazyev, an advisor to Russian president Vladimir Putin at that time. Gubarev's team met Girkin's as it entered Ukraine from Russia, and the original plan was to capture Shakhtarsk first, as it was much closer to both the Russo-Ukrainian border and the Russian military base in Rostov-on-Don. The decision to attack Sloviansk instead was made after Girkin's group crossed the border, supposedly due to the presence of a larger group of pro-Russian activists ready to support their cause in the town. Military and financial support for the group was provided by Sergey Aksyonov and Konstantin Malofeev. Novaya Gazeta summarised the situation as "a group of poorly prepared mercenaries turning a whole region into a bloodbath" and concluded that Russia "will bear moral and political responsibility for its civilian casualties as long as its participants are not taken to court."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Donbas#April_2014:_conflict_begins

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2022, 01:58:08 am »
Російські танки вже в Макіївці
Четвер, 12 червня 2014

Колона з російськими танками та бойовою технікою бойовиків-сепаратистів вже у Макіївці. Про це повідомляє «Остров» з посиланням на очевидців.  .  .

https://web.archive.org/web/20140614045414/http://www.hromadske.tv/society/rosiiski-tanki-vzhe-v-makiyivtsi/

Russia invades Ukraine

Russian tanks are already in Makeevka

Thursday, 12 June 2014

A convoy with Russian tanks and military equipment of separatist fighters is already in Makeevka. This is reported by "Ostrov" with reference to eyewitnesses.

"Three tanks and cars with people puffed into the center of Makeevka. Forward the car with a flasher, but not a GAI. Pass through the microrayon Zelena. They seduced asphalt with caterpillars," the source said. With reference to another eyewitness, "Ostrov" reports that an anti-aircraft gun is moving in the convoy.

Earlier it was reported that the column is moving in the direction of Donetsk  .  .  .