Author Topic: Colin Powell, former general and secretary of state, dead at 84  (Read 2877 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Colin Powell, former general and secretary of state, dead at 84
« on: October 18, 2021, 01:07:37 pm »
Colin Powell, former general and secretary of state, dead at 84
NY Post, Oct 18, 2021

Republican former Secretary of State Colin Powell died Monday as a result of complications from COVID-19, his family said.

The 84-year-old former military leader, whose 2003 United Nations speech paved the way for the Iraq war, was fully vaccinated against the virus.

“General Colin L. Powell, former U.S. Secretary of State and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, passed away this morning due to complications from Covid 19. He was fully vaccinated,” his family said in a statement on Facebook.

“We want to thank the medical staff at Walter Reed National Medical Center for their caring treatment. We have lost a remarkable and loving husband, father, grandfather and a great American.”

It wasn’t immediately what complications he suffered or how long Powell had been in the hospital prior to his death.

He is survived by his wife of nearly 60 years, Alma Powell, and their three children.

In his four decades of public life, Powell was the first black man to serve as national security adviser near the end of Ronald Reagan’s presidency and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff from 1989 to 1993.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/18/colin-powell-former-general-and-secretary-of-state-dead-at-84/

Offline cato potatoe

Re: Colin Powell, former general and secretary of state, dead at 84
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 01:13:16 pm »
Note how the family deemed it necessary to proclaim his vaccination status.  His new friends would have thrown him overboard. 

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 01:24:03 pm »
Note how the family deemed it necessary to proclaim his vaccination status.  His new friends would have thrown him overboard.

Dying to see how Fauxcii spins this.  He'll go into the vax is not 100 effective schpeil, but no doubt it seems the vaccines are losing crediblity every day
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 01:26:50 pm »
Dying to see how Fauxcii spins this.  He'll go into the vax is not 100 effective schpeil, but no doubt it seems the vaccines are losing crediblity every day

I will never know what that little bastard says unless you report it here.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 01:29:26 pm »
Just imagine how much worse it would have been had he not been fully vaccinated!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 01:29:28 pm »
I will never know what that little bastard says unless you report it here.

Big fan huh?   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 01:30:30 pm »
It wasn’t immediately (known) what complications he suffered or how long Powell had been in the hospital prior to his death.

Sounds like Powell may have dies with covid, not from.  Wonder if he caught it in the hospital.   :pondering:

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 01:35:03 pm »
Interestng .... headlines include "Covid" but not "vaccinated".

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2021, 01:37:04 pm »
Just imagine how much worse it would have been had he not been fully vaccinated!

Trying hard not to laugh, but failing miserably @mountaineer 

« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 02:00:16 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2021, 01:41:49 pm »
Interestng .... headlines include "Covid" but not "vaccinated".

Found one .....

Colin Powell Dies From COVID Complications, Was Fully Vaccinated

https://www.newsweek.com/colin-powell-dead-covid-vaccinated-age-84-1639824

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2021, 01:45:52 pm »

YOU are the master @mountaineer

ROFLMFAO!!!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2021, 01:49:32 pm »
Aw, shucks, Bigun.
The sad thing is that the vaccinemongers really believe that and have said so publicly with regard to other Covid patients. Well, yes, he died, but thanks to being vaccinated, his symptoms weren't as severe as they might have been.  *****rollingeyes*****

John Roberts
@johnrobertsFox
The fact that Colin Powell died from a breakthrough COVID infection raises new concerns about how effective vaccines are long-term.
9:21 AM · Oct 18, 2021
Indeed.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2021, 02:00:12 pm »
I think it's necessary to point out that commenting on Mr. Powell's fully-vaccinated status is not in any way mocking or celebrating his death from Covid. We are not leftists, after all. I'm sympathetic to his family's grief.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2021, 02:05:52 pm »
I'll bake a yellow cake in his honor.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2021, 02:08:08 pm »

... used and abused by Bush '43 Administration to justify 2003 Iraq foreign adventure.

Another betrayal of Republican values by Bush '43.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2021, 02:21:46 pm »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2021, 02:32:25 pm »

You ma'am are a treasure!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2021, 02:34:29 pm »

Well Done
 :cool:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2021, 03:03:15 pm »

What counts for 'fully vaccinated' these days?  Four shots total?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2021, 03:03:30 pm »
I'll bake a yellow cake in his honor.

I see what you did there.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2021, 04:04:08 pm »
Aw, shucks, Bigun.
The sad thing is that the vaccinemongers really believe that and have said so publicly with regard to other Covid patients. Well, yes, he died, but thanks to being vaccinated, his symptoms weren't as severe as they might have been.  *****rollingeyes*****
Indeed.

888high58888 I'm just going to put it down to the training you received back when you were working with your friend Chris Stirewalt.   :bolt:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 05:13:07 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2021, 05:25:25 pm »
My Body My Choice Poso 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
And there it is, the worst take on Colin Powell you'll see today. Clown.

Never let a crisis (or a death for that matter) go to waste.  Cue Paul Wellstone.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2021, 05:27:42 pm »

Fox News anchor deletes tweet suggesting Powell's death raises longterm vaccine effectivity concerns

Wow, that's almost record time for the truth suppression police.