Author Topic: Report: Biden Failed to Persuade Joe Manchin to Support $3.5 Trillion Spending Bill  (Read 378 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Biden Failed to Persuade Joe Manchin to Support $3.5 Trillion Spending Bill

Paul Bois 16 Sep 2021

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) will reportedly still not support Joe Biden’s $3.5 trillion reconciliation package for the time being, despite the president’s efforts to persuade him, according to Axios.

On Wednesday, sources told Axios that President Joe Biden reportedly hosted Manchin for a meeting at the White House where he failed to persuade the senator into agreeing with the $3.5 trillion bill.

Axios was told Biden explained to Manchin his opposition could imperil the $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill that’s already passed the Senate. Biden’s analysis did little to persuade Manchin to raise his top line.

Manchin held his position and appears willing to let the bipartisan bill hang in the balance, given his entrenched opposition to many of the specific proposals in the $3.5 trillion spending package, Axios was told.

Though the two failed to reach an agreement, Manchin and the president reportedly parted on friendly terms and “agreed to keep talking.” Andrew Bates, deputy White House press secretary, told Axios that Manchin remains an “important partner” while refusing to “discuss the contents of private meetings.”

Should Manchin get his way and reduce the bill to $1.5 trillion, Democratic Party progressives who had hoped to use the reconciliation bill to push their agendas forward will have suffered a major setback.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/09/16/report-biden-failed-to-persuade-joe-manchin-to-support-3-5-trillion-spending-bill/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Tried to Bully Joe Manchin, Here's How That Went
By Bonchie | Sep 17, 2021 9:00 AM ET

As RedState reported last night, Sen. Mitch McConnell rejected a plea from Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen to raise the debt ceiling and fulfill all the left’s wildest hopes and dreams. But on the same day, another plea to burn down your grandkids’ future was made, this time by President Joe Biden to Sen. Joe Manchin in support of the $3.5 trillion reconciliation boondoggle.

Biden called Manchin and Sen. Kyrsten Sinema to the principal’s office to try to bully them into going along with the party’s wants. Apparently, the thought here was that the latter would burn down their political careers to please Bernie Sanders? Here’s how that went per Axios.

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1438660783802568709

Defying a president from his own party — face-to-face — is the strongest indication yet Manchin is serious about cutting specific programs and limiting the price tag of any potential bill to $1.5 trillion. His insistence could blow up the deal for progressives and others.

Axios was told Biden explained to Manchin his opposition could imperil the $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill that’s already passed the Senate. Biden’s analysis did little to persuade Manchin to raise his top line.

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/09/17/joe-biden-tried-to-bully-joe-manchin-heres-how-that-went-n444297
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So, no word on Sinema's resolve? Did she cave, or not?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
It ain't over till it is over but then It might just be deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
So, no word on Sinema's resolve? Did she cave, or not?

I haven't heard anything about her yet..She usually agrees with Manchin.. :shrug:
Support the USO

Offline skeeter

Denying a 'bully' like Joe Biden would be the opportunity of a lifetime.

I might even be tempted to shoot a fake tough guy like Lunchbox Joe down even if I liked his offer.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I've asked this question a couple of times before, no one answered:
Is Dianne Feinstein currently attending the Senate?

There were reports that she had dropped from sight, due to her deteriorating cognitive and physical condition.

Is she still showing up at the Senate?
(unlike the House, there is no proxy voting in that chamber...)

Offline Killer Clouds

There were reports that she had dropped from sight, due to her deteriorating cognitive and physical condition.

(unlike the House, there is no proxy voting in that chamber...)
That's a good question. How would anyone find the answer?

Offline skeeter

Her chicom driver is filling in for her in the senate while she’s away.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
I hope i'm wrong, i've smelled this stench before, DC kobuchi, two step, soap opera drama.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I hope i'm wrong, i've smelled this stench before, DC kobuchi, two step, soap opera drama.

Same here.  Manchin wil sell out if the price is right.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.