Author Topic: Analysis: Biden’s Proposed Tax on Oil, Natural Gas Will Cost Economy $9.1B, 90,000 Lost Jobs  (Read 377 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Analysis: Biden’s Proposed Tax on Oil, Natural Gas Will Cost Economy $9.1B, 90,000 Lost Jobs

Penny Starr 16 Sep 2021

President Joe Biden’s proposal to tax the oil and gas industries in the reconciliation bill would be costly to both the economy and in terms of job loss, an analysis by the American Petroleum Institute’s Energy Citizens initiative found.

“If implemented, the new tax could cost American jobs, increase costs for U.S. natural gas and oil, and outsource energy production – often to adversarial nations with less stringent environmental records,” the announcement of the analysis said.

The analysis found that the tax proposal would result in $9.1 billion in direct costs to the economy and could mean the loss of 90,000 American jobs.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/09/16/analysis-bidens-proposed-tax-on-oil-natural-gas-will-cost-economy-9-1b-90000-lost-jobs/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
 I have no kind words for Joe. None. Notta.  888mouth
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline EdinVA

No worries, biden will just make the rich pay their fair share...

Offline ironhorsedriver

We still have, at a minimum, 3 more years of this buffoon!

Offline Kamaji

Yeah, the last time this was tried, it didn't work out so well either.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Why don't we slap a tax on the jet fuel used by his climate czar Kerry?

Could net a lot of money.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Kamaji

Yeah, the last time this was tried, it didn't work out so well either.

I'm referring, of course, to Carter's windfall profits tax on the oil industry.  A tax so bad it wasn't enforced and was ultimately retroactively repealed.

http://www.taxhistory.org/thp/readings.nsf/cf7c9c870b600b9585256df80075b9dd/edf8de04e58e4b14852570ba0048848b

Online DefiantMassRINO

We need not worry.  Big Government is the solution to the problems it creates.

They'll provide subsidies to the poor to pay for their more expensive utility bills  They'll provide training to the unemployed.  Everything will be okay because Big Government will take care of us and all our needs from dusk to dawn.

Big Government can do it all ... as long as there are other people's savings to confiscate.  Everything is "free" when you steal it.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline LMAO

I have no kind words for Joe. None. Notta.  888mouth

@libertybele

And it seems more and more people in this country are right along with you on that.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

@libertybele

And it seems more and more people in this country are right along with you on that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjcdbuNostI
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
When it comes to Pedo Joe Biden....  Philosophically it is tough to assign the most apt trait to this inept feckless piece of garbage.

1. Ultimate progenitor of the Law of Unintended Consequences?

or

2. Dictionary pic version of the Peter Principle in its most extreme?

We might as well start discussions, because Biden by far will be historically judged as the absolute worst POTUS in U.S. history.  And the way it is going, he might end up being the last POTUS in U.S history if the final 3 years and 4 months reflect the trend of his first 8 months.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjcdbuNostI

I do have an issue with this.

Not because I'm offended by the "F" word or disagree with the message. But people attend stadiums to watch games and escape politics
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline EdinVA

I do have an issue with this.

Not because I'm offended by the "F" word or disagree with the message. But people attend stadiums to watch games and escape politics

That ship sailed years ago... the nfl is supporting BLM, players kneeling for the national anthem, playing the "black" national anthem instead of the American National Anthem..... Not me... glad to see people stand up..

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Joe Biden rules as a tyrant, and knows full well what he is doing, ramming political correctness down America's and American's throats.  The horse laugh is those that think they are going to shame Biden and make him repent of his deeds.  You couldn't shame Hitler, Stalin,Mao, bill clinton, Obama, NEITHER WILL YOU JOE BIDEN!
 There are some things in the universe more dense than lead, and some here have proven it to me repeatedly.
 ****slapping :yowsa: wink777
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions