Author Topic: GOP dilemma — how to keep Trumpers yet regain anti-Trumpers  (Read 28737 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: GOP dilemma — how to keep Trumpers yet regain anti-Trumpers
« Reply #675 on: March 19, 2021, 12:21:38 am »
Try 16 decades ago @roamer_1
There was a lead-up to that situation as well. Calhoun was raising Hell in the 1830s.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #676 on: March 19, 2021, 12:21:49 am »
Good for you, talking to the general.

We have a specific circumstance here, and in the specific circumstance as well as in whatever it is the general is concerned with, the Constitution says that fraudulent electors are to be disregarded and if sufficient fraud exists to deny either party the majority of electors, then the House of Representatives shall vote, with each state's Congressional casting one ballot.

So even the general agrees that there was an honest way out of the mess the Rodents and disgustingly vile Never Trumping Principled Conservatives caused.   Instead, those Principled Conservative allied themselves with the Rodents to steal yet another presidential election.

The last time it was done so openly the president they selected was shot and the VP they wanted got 53,000 Americans killed in a pointless war.   Much worse than anything the Principled Conservative RINOs have done recently, but they are trying to catch up.

... And we're right back to all you need is to prove it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #677 on: March 19, 2021, 12:40:24 am »
Try 16 decades ago @roamer_1

yep. I was thinking of the 94 Congress as the last gasp.

@Bigun

Offline DB

« Reply #678 on: March 19, 2021, 01:33:03 am »
yep. I was thinking of the 94 Congress as the last gasp.

@Bigun

Decades... He's talking 160 years ago...

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #679 on: March 19, 2021, 01:35:59 am »

Maybe he meant 1794??
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #680 on: March 19, 2021, 02:18:14 am »

:yowsa: Absolutely!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #681 on: March 19, 2021, 02:23:18 am »
There was a lead-up to that situation as well. Calhoun was raising Hell in the 1830s.

Yes, but he wasn't walking all over the constitution as Mr. Lincoln did for the first six months he was in office.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #682 on: March 19, 2021, 03:24:34 am »
Yes, but he wasn't walking all over the constitution as Mr. Lincoln did for the first six months he was in office.
Hardly, more like demanding it be followed.

Lincoln, on the other hand suspended Habeas Corpus, rounded up any alleged southern sympathizers, suborned (if not just ordered) the invasion of one State by the Militias (Armies) of other States, impounded the Legislature of that State, imprisoned citizens without charge or trial, and the list foes on. For a solid dash of irony, Frances Scott Key's grandson was imprisoned in Fort McHenry along with scores of others.
When James Ryder Randall penned the words
    The despot's heel is on thy shore,
    Maryland!
    His torch is at thy temple door,
    Maryland!
    Avenge the patriotic gore
    That flecked the streets of Baltimore,
    And be the battle queen of yore,
    Maryland! My Maryland!

The despot he referred to is Lincoln, the gore from the Pratt Street Riots (first KIA of the War).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #683 on: March 19, 2021, 04:39:35 am »
Please, stop talking.  You're making the "principled conservative" class look like idiots.

@Right_in_Virginia

Well...............,they DO live in an alternate universe.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #684 on: March 19, 2021, 06:04:58 am »
When the democrats massively get away with criminalities, false equity is invoked, and it is declared the Republicans are just as guilty as democrats.  We see massive Criminalities of democrats last election giving the democrats the Presidency, both Houses, the Courts and most State governors/legislatures, and we are being conned that Republicans, who are in a severe minority are equally to blame as democrats.  The equality is like comparing a mass murderers crimes equal to someone speeding a little over the speed limit.  How many fools buy into that?
 :smokin:  :smokin: :smokin:  I'm embarrassed that some can be so easily duped.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #685 on: March 19, 2021, 06:23:04 am »
Innocent until proven guilty?  After four years of being falsely accused and the NeverTrumpers out for his hide, will false claims of equalities.  Does President Trump still believe in Innocent until proven guilty ?  Do the NeverTrumper democrats?
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
The devil lives in the democrats camp, but wears Republican-Conservative clothes for appearances.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #686 on: March 19, 2021, 12:17:41 pm »
So just so we’re clear...the Bill Kristol...David French...Joe Walsh (congressman not the guitarist) and the grifters at The Lincoln Project are not and have never been Conservatives. 

To label them anti-Trump (they are) and Conservatives (they aren’t) is a false description. 

Conflating the two is very disingenuous. 

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #687 on: March 19, 2021, 12:54:36 pm »
So just so we’re clear...the Bill Kristol...David French...Joe Walsh (congressman not the guitarist) and the grifters at The Lincoln Project are not and have never been Conservatives. 

To label them anti-Trump (they are) and Conservatives (they aren’t) is a false description. 

@txradioguy The Bush Crime Family are identified as "conservatives",and this is done on a daily basis BY people who self-describe as both "Republicans" and as "Conservatives.

*I* place these scum-sucking bastids as being more despicable than out and out globalists like Schulmer. At least with Schulmer we all know what he is and he is proud of it.

RINO's need to just go ahead and be honest enough to register as Dims and be done with it. Come out of the freaking closet,you treasonous bastids and own up to what you support !

Better a known enemy at your front staring you in the eye,than a traitor behind you,stabbing you in the back.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 02:27:53 pm by sneakypete »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #688 on: March 19, 2021, 01:47:22 pm »
@txradioguy !he Bush Crime Family as "conservatives",and this is done on a daily basis BY people who self-describe as both "Republicans" and as "Conservatives.

*I* place these scum-sucking bastids as being more despicable than out and out globalists like Schulmer. At least with Schulmer we all know what he is and he is proud of it.

RINO's so just go ahead and be honest enough to register as Dims and be done with it. Come out of the freaking closet,you treasonous bastids and own up to what you support !

Better a known enemy at your front staring you in the eye,than a traitor behind you,stabbing you in the back.

I knew Bush 41 was a RINO from the days of his crack about "voodoo economics" in the primary debates against Reagan.  It's been the favorite way for Liberals to discuss the Reagan economic policies ever since.

Most of the fake Conservatives like Kristol and others have always been quietly part of the open borders new world order sect.

I'm with you....they just need to quit pretending and register as Democrats and be done with it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #689 on: March 19, 2021, 01:54:13 pm »

Lincoln, on the other hand suspended Habeas Corpus, rounded up any alleged southern sympathizers, suborned (if not just ordered) the invasion of one State by the Militias (Armies) of other States, impounded the Legislature of that State, imprisoned citizens without charge or trial, and the list foes on. For a solid dash of irony, Frances Scott Key's grandson was imprisoned in Fort McHenry along with scores of others.
    Maryland!
    Maryland!
    Maryland! My Maryland!

The despot he referred to is Lincoln, the gore from the Pratt Street Riots (first KIA of the War).

:yowsa: All that is true and fails to mention the numerous NORTHERN newspapers he had destroyed because they were editorializing in ways he didn't approve of.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #690 on: March 19, 2021, 01:55:38 pm »

:yowsa:  pointing-up

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #691 on: March 19, 2021, 02:32:27 pm »
I knew Bush 41 was a RINO from the days of his crack about "voodoo economics" in the primary debates against Reagan.  It's been the favorite way for Liberals to discuss the Reagan economic policies ever since.

Most of the fake Conservatives like Kristol and others have always been quietly part of the open borders new world order sect.

@txradioguy

Kristol grew up in a totally dedicated communist household that worshiped Karl Marx like a God,and yet we are supposed to believe he had a sudden mindset change as an adult,and is suddenly a true conservative?

I'm with you....they just need to quit pretending and register as Democrats and be done with it.

Thank you! I am soooo freaking tired of seeing posters here and on other web sites where I have posted that SEEM to have picked the alleged Republicans they support by taking advise from how the talking heads on the Sunday talk shows describe them. Hell,half of those people thing Stalin was too soft and that's why the USSR collapsed.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #692 on: March 19, 2021, 02:36:31 pm »
:yowsa: All that is true and fails to mention the numerous NORTHERN newspapers he had destroyed because they were editorializing in ways he didn't approve of.

@Bigun

Everything you say about the War of Northern Aggression is true,but you ain't convincing anyone. They KNOW the South started the war,the war was about slavery,and Lincoln was a direct descendant of Gawd!

They know this because their publik skools and their teebees told them this,and would their public skools  and teebees lie to them?

I THINK NOT!

Still,it is a valiant effort,and I am glad to see someone still has the patience to deal with people who only want to see "comfortable truths".

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #693 on: March 19, 2021, 02:50:50 pm »
@Bigun

Everything you say about the War of Northern Aggression is true,but you ain't convincing anyone. They KNOW the South started the war,the war was about slavery,and Lincoln was a direct descendant of Gawd!

They know this because their publik skools and their teebees told them this,and would their public skools  and teebees lie to them?

I THINK NOT!

Still,it is a valiant effort,and I am glad to see someone still has the patience to deal with people who only want to see "comfortable truths".

This one's for you @sneakypete

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

John Adams

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #694 on: March 19, 2021, 04:29:55 pm »
... And we're right back to all you need is to prove it.

The only thing that needs to be done is to point out that it has been proven.   The garden variety troll tactic of trying to Psaki back to the beginning to restart your failed arguments aren't going to happen.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #695 on: March 19, 2021, 04:32:40 pm »
The only thing that needs to be done is to point out that it has been proven.   The garden variety troll tactic of trying to Psaki back to the beginning to restart your failed arguments aren't going to happen.

No, it quite literally has not been proven. You need proof and a venue to present it in - In order to get a result.
That has not happened. And that is what I mean.

Keep whining and crying and throwing dirt in the air - All you'll get is tired.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #696 on: March 19, 2021, 04:40:28 pm »

Maryland!
    Maryland!
    Maryland! My Maryland!

Actually, the first KIA of the war were Daniel Hough and Edward Galloway,  who were killed when a spark from the salute to the flag exploded a pile of cartridges when the fort was evacuated after heavy fire from criminals on the mainland shore.

They weren't killed specifically by the criminals of South Carolina, no, but they wouldn't have fired the gun in salute if they hadn't been forced to evacuate the fort, either.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #697 on: March 19, 2021, 04:41:49 pm »
No, it quite literally has not been proven. You need proof and a venue to present it in - In order to get a result.

Keep whining and crying and throwing dirt in the air - All you'll get is tired.

Already been proven.

You've already admitted that the states did not follow the law regarding the selection of electors.

You personally have posted that this has happened.

So you've already accepted the minimum proof you needed.

So what are you asking for, a medal?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #698 on: March 19, 2021, 05:01:49 pm »

You are making the point I've been insisting on myself:  A "venue to present it" has been consistently denied because of "Standing."  You are also trying to make the "Jazzhead" case that since no evidence was produced in a Federal Court, then it doesn't exist at all.  That's a specious argument.   :shrug:

(BTW, he tried to register under an assumed name yesterday.  I caught him and rejected the attempt.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #699 on: March 19, 2021, 05:11:48 pm »
Already been proven.

You've already admitted that the states did not follow the law regarding the selection of electors.

You personally have posted that this has happened.

So you've already accepted the minimum proof you needed.

So what are you asking for, a medal?

Absolutely not. You still don't get it. It don't matter a whit whatever I have admitted. Bark at the moon. Go ahead. It's going NOWHERE. And that is the point. Does it help somehow if I were to cave in and accept your POV?
Not even a damn little bit. You got nothin.