Author Topic: GOP dilemma — how to keep Trumpers yet regain anti-Trumpers  (Read 28683 times)

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Re: GOP dilemma — how to keep Trumpers yet regain anti-Trumpers
« Reply #650 on: March 18, 2021, 10:41:33 pm »

I doubt you will find a single state that won't require some wiggle room. But it's great for getting all hepped up, rending your clothes at the injustice of it all. I wonder if you'll do the same when the precedence you set gets turned around and shoved in your face by the Democrats - Or will the goose and the gander be the same?

The CONSTITUTION not give them "wiggle room".

And I'm rending your arguments, not my clothes.   Fact of the matter is that, thanks to the Fake Pangolin Pandemic, I haven't gone in to work more than ten days out of the last year.   I've saved a bundle on clothes and I'm right now wearing an old St. John's Bay shirt I bought in 2013 for twenty bucks.   But since you're interested in my wardrobe, I did buy some new Fruit of the Loom briefs last week.   Socks, too.

Since you are curious.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 10:44:27 pm by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #651 on: March 18, 2021, 10:49:31 pm »
Right. If true. And I would not put it past right leaning propagandists to have made it up... As there are examples thereof existing, I hold  *nothing* reported to be true. I can no longer trust Right leaning sources, any more than I can trust the left.

However, I DO lean hard toward the idea of corruption, of course, to the point of not finding this instance to be remarkable or peculiar. But how I FEEEEEL about it has no bearing.

Alright. Let ME put it THIS way: Whine and cry. Throw dirt in the air. Pitch a fit, an advanced hissy.
Then what do you got? *nothing*, friend. Not a single damn thing until it is proven in a court of law.

And that is not a simple thing wrt elections. That requires a preponderance of evidence in a short time frame. The intention of the framers was that it was more important that the word is final than dickin with it incessantly... And I DO agree with that. NOW the thing will start to come out, a little here, a little there. And tiny little workerbee heads will roll. But this has been a swing-and-a-miss. And there ain't no sense in crying over spilled milk.

It is not that I am dispassionate about it. Nor even that I am in disagreement with you - I am quite tightly aligned. But that and five bucks will buy you a coffee.

And that is STILL no reason to convict by means of the court of public opinion.

I absolutely agree with that, and have been behind that reasoning all the way along... All that's left is the doin of it.
But as I said, and as I am still inclined - That's the hard part... As y'all are finding out.  :shrug:
Easy enough to check, especially votes cast vs registered (and living) voters. I agree about the "court of public opinion" So, in the parlance of any card player, it's time to call. Let's see the evidence, let's examine this like it was "Russian Collusion" or something of that nature (IOW, really look hard for it) , and if no wrongdoing can be found and Biden's votes can be substantiated as legitimate and Trump's votes as being complete and honest, even now, then I'd settle for the fact that well over half our countrymen are effing idiots who have sh*t for brains and start digging that bunker in earnest.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #652 on: March 18, 2021, 10:50:49 pm »
There are only two remedies possible: Either the court, at the behest of several states, forces the legislature to hand pick alternate electors, or Penn is just disenfranchised and get NO electors. Which of those are not forcing Penn?

Holes to drive a zeppin through...

If the electors are false electors not selected by the process established by the lawfully constituted state legislature, then "the state" may or may not get some electors.

The VOTERS of that state will not get the electors they were expecting to have in either case, either no electors or false electors. 

You do know what the first three words of the Constitution are, don't you?

It's the VOTERS that count.   

It's the VOTERS that elected the legislature.

It's the elected legislators who are (hopefully) serving the voters of the state by determining how the electors will be chosen.

When that process is corrupted by tyrants, its the voters that lose no matter what.

So your argument is moot, since it doesn't matter and the 12th Amendment provides one final means for the state, through it's elected House representatives, to cast the state's ballot for president when the electors themselves are defiled.

The people what wrote the Constitution and the first 12 Amendments are way smarter than the RINO's polluting the degraded and declined nation of today could ever hope to be.   They gave us the correct answers well in advance of the tests they knew we were going to face.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #653 on: March 18, 2021, 10:53:54 pm »

And I'm rending your arguments, not my clothes.   Fact of the matter is that, thanks to the Fake Pangolin Pandemic, I haven't gone in to work more than ten days out of the last year.   I've saved a bundle on clothes and I'm right now wearing an old St. John's Bay shirt I bought in 2013 for twenty bucks.   But since you're interested in my wardrobe, I did buy some new Fruit of the Loom briefs last week.   Socks, too.

Since you are curious.

Oddly enough, you could be wearing Fruit of the Loom pink panties and never have to worry about not being PC enough despite your stance. FWIW, I ain't wearing panties.

And I like the fake pangolin pandemic idea cause I would hate to have a real pangolin harmed. Unless it is dinner time.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #654 on: March 18, 2021, 10:54:31 pm »
The only remedy was for the courts to reject the fraudulent electors, and then, since the Rodents did not then have enough electors to take the Presidency, the matter would have been sent to the House of Representatives, where each state delegation would have voted which candidate would be president.   

Don't you read the damn thing you keep complaining about?

I was speaking generally and both of those means were used in this very election. Either alternate electors are picked by the legislature or the state is disenfranchised - In this case they were looking for disenfranchisement in just as glaring a political act as any democrat. Use the disenfranchisement to lever an advantage by throwing it to the House. All innocent-like though.  :whistle:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #655 on: March 18, 2021, 11:02:44 pm »
Also FWIW, citing any law, statute or Constitution--fed or state--is worthless unless you are only trying to win an argument cause all the law type shit is dead and buried for the purpose(s) they were intended.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #656 on: March 18, 2021, 11:05:39 pm »
It's not an internal affair for crap-hole states like MI, PA and WI among others to violate the Constitutional requirements that the legislatures determine how the state's electors are chosen for the Electoral College.

Which means all the normal states had the right to sue when those crap-holes stole the election.
I agree, in that for the hanges to election law to be legitimate, they must come from the respective legislatures of those States, by the constraints of the Constitution. In the instances of MI, GA, PA, and others, those changes did not emanate from the legislature but were designed and implemented by (partisan) bureaucrats and judges.

On the face of it, this tramples the separation of powers, in that executive and judicial branches of those respective States, sometimes pretty far down the pecking order within their respective venues usurped the power of those respective legislatures and, in doing so arguable changed the nature of an election which affects us all.

In that regard, certainly Texas (and the other States which joined in) has a legitimate Constitutional complaint, and by virtue of being affected by the outcome of that election (VIZ: the 'surge' at the border, for one thing), those states certainly can show injury, and thus have standing.

You don't have to be a IV League Constitutional scholar to figure this out, and the effects of announced intended policy were entirely predictable. If the question was merely a matter of waiting until injury was sustained, we're already there.
 The Supreme Court, by virtue of the same Constitution which delegates the crafting of election laws to the various State Legislatures, is THE court of primary jurisdiction.
Such cases between the States or one State and other States start and end there.

In the abdication of their Constitutional responsibility DUTY to rule on this matter, the SCOTUS has, itself become in violation of its sworn duty to uphold the Constitution, which begs the question of whether any ruling henceforth can be taken as legitimate. 

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #657 on: March 18, 2021, 11:07:24 pm »
You get out and vote.

You get out and vote the RINOs out as the very first step.   

Every time there's a primary election, go vote as many times as you can to defeat the RINO infestation.   

Every time there's a school board election, go to the meetings and quiz the prospective board members, in front of everyone, where they stand on the issues.  Ask "can boyz be girls? Do boys belong in girls sports and girls locker rooms?  Where do you stand on the 1619 project?  Do your students know your political ideology or where you, as a math teacher, stand on the issue of immigration or medicare for all?"  etc.   

Normal people who belong in front of a classroom should know the correct answers to those:  no, no, no, no, bogus, no they don't.

Get with your friends and neighbors, identify not only the outright traitors but the squishes and kick them out.  Hound their meetings and rallies so others know what vile people they are.

And, when it comes time for the general election and if a RINO has passed a primary, vote for the Rodent. 

The first step in curing any disease is to stop it's spread.  That means the RINO has to go, first thing, to show that crime doesn't pay.

The Rodents have been stealing elections my entire life, since I was born when JFK was busy getting people murdered on the beaches in Cuba.   If they can't steal an election, they do everything they can to overturn it.   I remember Nixon and the Watergate farce.   I also remember how they treated Reagan, Bush and Bush Boy and the Final President, too.

The way to stop Rodents from stealing election is to stop electing RINO squishes who accept stolen elections as something normal.  That's step #1.

Step #2 is to prosecute and execute.   Yeah, we need new definitions of capital crimes.  Election fraud is worse than murder.   The Rodents killed the world's oldest and greatest republic via election fraud.   

France came back from Napoleon and finally settled down to being a republic that has stability if not dignity.   The United States and the real Americans are a hundred times better and stronger than the French.   We can fry the Rodents if we work together.    in freshly fracked crude oil, hopefully.

1) regain control of the House and Senate, with 2/3 of the Senate in American hands.  Then start impeaching the bastards on the court that refused to hear these election cases.   Cite them for unconstitutional behavior and corruption.

2) Try fighting.   That means you have to get off the bench.

If they felt secure in their stolen power, they wouldn't be so frantic to distract the Americans from their power, and they would instead be flaunting their power.

We Americans had well over 75 million voters for Trump.   Certainly several million more than that since there's absolutely no way some senile derelict in a hidden basement and some mattress-backed incompetent Karen slut gathered 80 million votes.  They didn't get 60 million.   

So you fight.  You don't try to hold the line and you don't support people who want to hold the line.  Wars are not won by holding the line.  Wars are won by attacking the enemy.   Ask General Redacted Lee about the Civil War.   They held the line real good.  And lost.   Germany held the line in WWI.  And lost.  South Vietnam and the US held the line.  And lost. (Well, the South Vietnamese lost.  The US didn't lose that war, the Rodents in Congress deserted our allies in the battlefield and let them lose instead.)

Anyways, people who don't fight don't win.  People who don't win are called losers.  So fight, and fight to win.

That's all well and good, but that doesn't resolve the issue that the DEMS have already accomplished stealing the general election -- IF nothing is done to secure  a fair election, it doesn't matter how many times you vote out RINO's or how many school board meetings you attend, elections will continue to be stolen and liberals/DEMS will seat whomever they darn well please.

Even if we assume that the integrity of the ballot box is secure, and RINO's are voted out, who will replace them?  You actually have to have enough conservatives to run in the first place to make a difference.  We have a couple in the Senate who managed to get seated and a handful in the House, but certainly not enough to make a difference and it's been the way for many election cycles.

This country doesn't have numerous elections cycles left before this country completely crumbles and I'm not so sure that she already hasn't.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #658 on: March 18, 2021, 11:12:40 pm »

The hell it don't. There are discrepancies all the time that get overlooked, simply because at some point it's making sausage, and it don't pay to sweat the petty sh*t. And that's alright, btw... Until it ain't. But you will not find ANY jurisdiction without fault. And I do not mean just elections.

And I'm rending your arguments, not my clothes.   

Yeah, not so much. Turns out that y'all can't scrape together enough proof to get heard.
And that's too bad - I reiterate that I do believe there was fraud. But considering all the monster evidence y'all supposedly started with, it's been nothing but a sh*t show, all the way along.

Fact of the matter is that, thanks to the Fake Pangolin Pandemic, I haven't gone in to work more than ten days out of the last year.   I've saved a bundle on clothes and I'm right now wearing an old St. John's Bay shirt I bought in 2013 for twenty bucks.   But since you're interested in my wardrobe, I did buy some new Fruit of the Loom briefs last week.   Socks, too.

Since you are curious.

huh. Wouldn't know. Your lucky if I am wearin pants.  :shrug:

Actually, today I am in my buckskins... Mostly because the laundry is getting done. Still and all, it's nice. Just wish I was somewhere up Fisher River sitting by a fire instead of sitting here banging on pooters and typing at you. Buckskins sitting in Command Central is a bit incongruous.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #659 on: March 18, 2021, 11:12:45 pm »
In the abdication of their Constitutional responsibility DUTY to rule on this matter, the SCOTUS has, itself become in violation of its sworn duty to uphold the Constitution, which begs the question of whether any ruling henceforth can be taken as legitimate.

Falsus in uno falsus in omnibus

@Smokin Joe

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #660 on: March 18, 2021, 11:13:48 pm »
You get out your pitchfork and start gigging the bastards or bitches.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #661 on: March 18, 2021, 11:15:09 pm »
I was speaking generally and both of those means were used in this very election. Either alternate electors are picked by the legislature or the state is disenfranchised - In this case they were looking for disenfranchisement in just as glaring a political act as any democrat. Use the disenfranchisement to lever an advantage by throwing it to the House. All innocent-like though.  :whistle:
No one forced the largely Democrat run states at issue to compromise the integrity of their elections through unconstitutional changes to their election laws.

They did that, often to the howling glee of many of their voters, and for that, should suffer some consequences.

Let them take it up with their respective voters, because they are the ones who did it.

If the voters of that State are disenfranchised by the illegal actions of their elected (and appointed) representatives, I would think that via recall, impeachment, or simply the next election, they could sort that out among themselves.

That there should be no consequence for illegal acts, and the results of those acts accepted meekly just as if those directives and rulings had been Constitutionally legitimate only reinforces the concept that the Constitution is void, and the Republic is dead. SCOTUS' cowardice in the matter only adds fuel to that fire.

If that is the case, there is no Republic to save, nor to secede from: it's gone and the descent into tyranny is well under way.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #662 on: March 18, 2021, 11:15:38 pm »

@Smokin Joe
Precisely.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #663 on: March 18, 2021, 11:21:36 pm »

@Smokin Joe

Is this one of those fool me once things?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #664 on: March 18, 2021, 11:25:04 pm »
Easy enough to check, especially votes cast vs registered (and living) voters. I agree about the "court of public opinion" So, in the parlance of any card player, it's time to call. Let's see the evidence, let's examine this like it was "Russian Collusion" or something of that nature (IOW, really look hard for it) , and if no wrongdoing can be found and Biden's votes can be substantiated as legitimate and Trump's votes as being complete and honest, even now, then I'd settle for the fact that well over half our countrymen are effing idiots who have sh*t for brains and start digging that bunker in earnest.

I agree with all of that, except as I said it's way harder in the doing. Other than the bunkers. I got a backhoe.

But there is never any actual proof. No proof for Russia Russia Russia, just like nothing will come of China China China... It's all bullshit, or it ain't... Peas and walnut shells. Too damn many to track... And I'd rather be fishin.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #665 on: March 18, 2021, 11:27:09 pm »
You get out your pitchfork and start gigging the bastards or bitches.

Giggity.

Offline DB

« Reply #666 on: March 18, 2021, 11:31:05 pm »
No one forced the largely Democrat run states at issue to compromise the integrity of their elections through unconstitutional changes to their election laws.

They did that, often to the howling glee of many of their voters, and for that, should suffer some consequences.

Let them take it up with their respective voters, because they are the ones who did it.

If the voters of that State are disenfranchised by the illegal actions of their elected (and appointed) representatives, I would think that via recall, impeachment, or simply the next election, they could sort that out among themselves.

That there should be no consequence for illegal acts, and the results of those acts accepted meekly just as if those directives and rulings had been Constitutionally legitimate only reinforces the concept that the Constitution is void, and the Republic is dead. SCOTUS' cowardice in the matter only adds fuel to that fire.

If that is the case, there is no Republic to save, nor to secede from: it's gone and the descent into tyranny is well under way.

Yep. The country I grew up in is gone.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 11:31:51 pm by DB »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #668 on: March 18, 2021, 11:35:07 pm »
I agree with all of that, except as I said it's way harder in the doing. Other than the bunkers. I got a backhoe.

But there is never any actual proof. No proof for Russia Russia Russia, just like nothing will come of China China China... It's all bullshit, or it ain't... Peas and walnut shells. Too damn many to track... And I'd rather be fishin.

It all went to hell when it was all Marcia Marcia Marcia. Everyone was too stoned to care. Still are.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #669 on: March 18, 2021, 11:44:25 pm »

And nobody forced the largely Republican legislatures to shut up and take it either.

Yep, again, if true. There is so much crap in the air it's hard to tell where it is coming from.

I am alright with that too.

Which is not happening, which again, leads me to the veracity of the charges. Disenfranchisement is a long, long way down the list of acceptable ends. One ought to be damn sure before starting that fire.

Unless of course it's mostly bullsh*t, which is as likely as not... And if it is all true, then Republicans are suckers of the first rate, not having won a single round. Which is hard to put down as anything but ineptitude or bullcrap, one or the other.

Two decades ago...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #670 on: March 18, 2021, 11:46:34 pm »
It all went to hell when it was all Marcia Marcia Marcia. Everyone was too stoned to care. Still are.

That's right. STFU already Janet, and go comb your hair.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #671 on: March 19, 2021, 12:09:26 am »
Two decades ago...

Try 16 decades ago @roamer_1
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #672 on: March 19, 2021, 12:13:59 am »
Good for you, talking to the general.

We have a specific circumstance here, and in the specific circumstance as well as in whatever it is the general is concerned with, the Constitution says that fraudulent electors are to be disregarded and if sufficient fraud exists to deny either party the majority of electors, then the House of Representatives shall vote, with each state's Congressional casting one ballot.

So even the general agrees that there was an honest way out of the mess the Rodents and disgustingly vile Never Trumping Principled Conservatives caused.   Instead, those Principled Conservative allied themselves with the Rodents to steal yet another presidential election.

The last time it was done so openly the president they selected was shot and the VP they wanted got 53,000 Americans killed in a pointless war.   Much worse than anything the Principled Conservative RINOs have done recently, but they are trying to catch up.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #673 on: March 19, 2021, 12:15:30 am »
And nobody forced the largely Republican legislatures to shut up and take it either.

Too many Principled Conservatives in the House and Senate.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #674 on: March 19, 2021, 12:19:14 am »
That's all well and good, but that doesn't resolve the issue that the DEMS have already accomplished stealing the general election -- IF nothing is done to secure  a fair election, it doesn't matter how many times you vote out RINO's or how many school board meetings you attend, elections will continue to be stolen and liberals/DEMS will seat whomever they darn well please.

Even if we assume that the integrity of the ballot box is secure, and RINO's are voted out, who will replace them?  You actually have to have enough conservatives to run in the first place to make a difference.  We have a couple in the Senate who managed to get seated and a handful in the House, but certainly not enough to make a difference and it's been the way for many election cycles.

This country doesn't have numerous elections cycles left before this country completely crumbles and I'm not so sure that she already hasn't.

If the RINOs are forced into political extinction, then either Americans or Democrats will fill those offices.

One has to start cleaning the barn by shoveling out one stall, then the next.   If the farmer refuses clean out the first one, then none of them are ever cleaned, the horses and cows die, and the barn doesn't matter any more.