Author Topic: Super Bowl LV - Live Thread  (Read 1678 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Super Bowl LV - Live Thread
« on: February 06, 2021, 11:13:16 pm »
That Big Football Game No. 55
February 7, 2021
Kickoff: 6:30-ish p.m. EST
Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, FL

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Record: 14-5
Overall Super Bowl record: 1-0
Last SB appearance and win: XXXVII (2003)
Kansas City Chiefs
Record: 16-2
Overall Super Bowl record: 1-1
Last SB appearance and win: 2020 (LIV)

Betting line: KC -3 (O/U 56½) — Money line: KC -160/+135 TB
Weather at kickoff: 66°F, partly cloudy

TV: CBS (U.S.), ESPN Deportes (en español)
Radio: Westwood One
Live Internet stream: CBSSports.com

National anthem: Eric Church, Jazmine Sullivan
Halftime: The Weeknd
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

Re: Super Bowl LV - Live Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 12:07:10 am »
Hey there @jmyrlefuller  -- Bucs or Chiefs?

Not a football fan.  Born in KS -- so it's Chiefs for me.  I won't be watching -- but I'll be dropping in here to get updates.

Thank you! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 12:41:02 am »
Hey there @jmyrlefuller  -- Bucs or Chiefs?

Not a football fan.  Born in KS -- so it's Chiefs for me.  I won't be watching -- but I'll be dropping in here to get updates.

Thank you! 

I don't really care either way.

Kansas City, well, they're the defending champs. And I prefer the underdog. But Tampa Bay, with Gronkowski, Brady, and Antonio Brown... might as well be the Patriots, and I hate them.

I can't recall a single song The Weeknd sings... which is a first.

I have a general rule to always bet the 'dog, and you can never count Tom Brady out when the championship is on the line... so I say Tampa Bay, with the money line, under.

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 05:03:23 am »
   Thank you @jmyrlefuller for starting this thread. I'm having a few friends over to watch it, the only NFL game I've watched this season. Surprisingly, I've only watched one NBA game this season and it's almost half way through.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 06:29:46 pm »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 06:40:49 pm »
I’m bookmarking, but I’ll most likely be watching the puppies on Animal Planet.

(And the kitty halftime show)  :cheerlead:

Go Tomcat Brady!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 06:41:40 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 07:12:32 pm »
Super Bowl LV is what again?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2021, 07:24:30 pm »
   A bunch of people with too much Melanin chasing part of a pig, as far as I can tell but hey, some are talented and most all are millionaires.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2021, 07:52:03 pm »
Won't be watching the game, especially the Anthem which is usually mangled.  We're invited to a party, so we'll show up, bring our side dish and a bottle of wine, then split.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2021, 10:51:39 pm »
Won't be watching the game, especially the Anthem which is usually mangled.  We're invited to a party, so we'll show up, bring our side dish and a bottle of wine, then split.

Hopefully they won't mangle the National Anthem. I agree though, people tend to try to make it "their own" -- LEAVE THE MELODY ALONE!! 

Super Bowl 2021 national anthem: Eric Church and Jazmine Sullivan performing together on CBS

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2021-national-anthem-eric-church-and-jazmine-sullivan-performing-together-on-cbs/

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2021, 11:00:02 pm »
Hopefully they won't mangle the National Anthem. I agree though, people tend to try to make it "their own" -- LEAVE THE MELODY ALONE!! 

Super Bowl 2021 national anthem: Eric Church and Jazmine Sullivan performing together on CBS

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2021-national-anthem-eric-church-and-jazmine-sullivan-performing-together-on-cbs/

The word "free" has one syllable, not seven.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2021, 11:06:46 pm »
The word "free" has one syllable, not seven.

:yowsa:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2021, 11:37:35 pm »
Super Bowl LV is what again?
That Big Football Game they play in February.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2021, 12:02:02 am »
Kansas City draws first blood with a 49-yard FG.

KC 3-0 TB

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2021, 12:12:44 am »
Brady to Gronkowski puts the Patriots Buccaneers on top.

KC 3-7 TB

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2021, 01:05:06 am »
KC 6-14 TB

And I see annoying Youtube pre-stream ads are jumping to Super Bowl commercials.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2021, 01:15:12 am »
Refs hand Brady a touchdown drive.

KC 6-21 TB

Halftime
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 01:17:39 am by jmyrlefuller »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2021, 12:57:09 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2021, 02:23:22 pm »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2021, 02:25:44 pm »
 I watched only a few minutes of the game, I admit, but had seen warnings about some of the "woke" advertising. Sure enough, Jeep managed to get itself scratched off the list of potential new car purchases in this household.
The 3 Worst Things About That Terrible Jeep Super Bowl Ad
How could a major corporation not see how propagandistic it comes off to suggest that when Republicans win a national election, that's divisive, but when Democrats win one, that's unifying?
By Mollie Hemingway
February 8, 2021

In a generally weak year for Super Bowl commercials, Jeep’s stood out for being particularly obnoxious and tone-deaf. Called “The Middle,” left-wing political activist and world-famous singer Bruce Springsteen narrated and starred in the ad about how the country has been divided, but now it has a bright future as the “ReUnited States of America.”

While advertisements that appeal to virtues in order to increase sales and profits can work — see Toyota’s beautiful ad about the joy in adopting a child with special needs — this one fell flat and faced mockery and opposition from many viewers. Here are the three main reasons the ad didn’t work.

The Messenger Is Known For Hating Republicans ...

The Images Were All Off ...

The Argument For Unity Was Not Made Well ...

Corporate media, who have ignored or mocked concerns about election integrity despite the widespread sloppiness and rampant mail-in balloting associated with the 2020 election, have cheered on the crackdown of protesters in or near a riot at the nation’s capitol. They did so after spending months defending and contextualizing violent riots from the left that seized cities across the country, attacked federal buildings, killed dozens of Americans, set churches on fire, and terrorized small business owners.

How could a major corporation not see how propagandistic it comes off to suggest that when Republicans win a national election, that’s divisive, but when Democrats win one, that’s unifying? The corporate-approved approach is to paper over disagreement while Democrats hold power while amplifying a full-on #Resistance when Republicans are in power. ...
Read the entire article at The Federalist.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2021, 02:36:04 pm »
Needless to say, I didn't watch the halftime show, either.  :laugh: If any of you did, tell me what you think of this analysis of the performance (found on Facebook):
Both the Olympics and Super Bowls have had secret occult themes for many many yrs. now.  I always attempt to break them down so here I go:     

The lead singer of “The Weekend”*  enters the stage in a high end sports car through Las Vegas, aka Sin City. He is wearing red, symbolizing a totalitarian or satanic rulership. He sits on the wall looking over as a blue angelic figure descends from above that drops below the earth into the netherworld. The backdrop is supposed to represent buildings of a large city, but in reality, they are tombs.

A door opens in the midst filled with blinding light as the singer emerges. Clear masked singers behind each building/tomb have red glowing eyes and are wearing robes which imply demonic entities. Smoke and fire shoots about. They take the clear masks off and are now in white. Wolves in sheep’s clothing. The singer heads back through the door into a mirrored maze of lights singing “I can’t Feel My Face.”

His entourage dancers enter in wearing white head wound bandages stumbling around in chaos and confusion. Their mouths are muzzled as well, just as we all are in this masked society, symbolizing no free speech or voice. Their leader/singer is in the midst of them, therefore they regain Order out of the chaos and exit.

The singer continues into the forefront as the great city behind him goes up in flames with ominous stormy clouds behind it. A huge full moon rises then fades giving no more light. Darkness on the Earth. Or the theme repeated recently by political candidates, “A Dark Winter.”

He emerges from the city, or the great Empire, and a seemingly heavenly light from above illuminates him. The men in the city play their violins in unison. In other words, a well “orchestrated”plan is in place. Onto the field march the men in their wounded head bandages with mouths masked shut in complete obedience. They are all exactly the same, like Star Wars storm troopers, and they are all wearing red, white, and black. They form perfect military rows marching in almost goose-step fashion.

The color theme and marching are Nazi references. Behind them,  the great city on the hill burns red. Red and white emergency light flash as they march onward as to War. The sky images on the screen are swiftly moving storm clouds. This is following the predictive programming of “A Storm is Coming” which has been on alternative media sites for several months now.

The storm troopers all break out into a riot with their leader until he calls them to formation, and he belts out “No one’s around to judge me.” When the lights dim, each has a white light in each hand waving it and dancing ecstatically in celebration as everything around them goes up in smoke and firey explosions. They surround their leader who raises his hands to receive their worship.

This stuff is not some creative accident. It is intentional for those with eyes to see.
*Correction: the name refers to one guy. Abel Makkonen Tesfaye, known professionally as the Weeknd, is a Canadian singer, songwriter, and record producer.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2021, 02:47:51 pm »
Jack Posobiec  @JackPosobiec
I just heard staffers were actually crying in the White House tonight because Brady won
11:49 PM · Feb 7, 2021·

:silly: For those unaware, Tom Brady is perceived as a Trump fan. It was tough for lefties last night. They were left having to cheer for the team (Chiefs) with the "racist" name to defeat the evil Trumpster.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2021, 02:49:48 pm »
Jack Posobiec  @JackPosobiec
I just heard staffers were actually crying in the White House tonight because Brady won
11:49 PM · Feb 7, 2021·

:silly: For those unaware, Tom Brady is perceived as a Trump fan. It was tough for lefties last night. They were left having to cheer for the team (Chiefs) with the "racist" name to defeat the evil Trumpster.

We now know all those SB victories had nothing to do with Bill Belichick.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2021, 02:50:52 pm »
Before the "woke-ness" of NFL, this thread might have been 20 pages instead of 20 posts.

Didn't watch one play.  NFL can die for all I am concerned.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 02:52:58 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2021, 03:05:09 pm »
Before the "woke-ness" of NFL, this thread might have been 20 pages instead of 20 posts.

Didn't watch one play.  NFL can die for all I am concerned.

Very true...I didn't watch either and learned of the winner by an email *news alert*.. :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34