Author Topic: Biden taps Buttigieg to serve as Transportation secretary  (Read 2674 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden taps Buttigieg to serve as Transportation secretary
« on: December 15, 2020, 08:02:49 pm »
Biden taps Buttigieg to serve as Transportation secretary
By Julia Manchester - 12/15/20 02:05 PM EST

President-elect Joe Biden has tapped former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg (D) to serve as Transportation secretary, according to a person familiar with the pick.

Buttigieg would be the first openly gay Cabinet secretary to be confirmed by the Senate if installed in the position. Rick Grenell, who served as the acting director of national intelligence from February to May, was the first openly LGBTQ Cabinet secretary.

The former mayor ran against Biden in the 2020 Democratic presidential primary before dropping out and endorsing the former vice president. Despite his loss, Buttigieg at times was seen as a front-runner in the race and is viewed as a rising star in the Democratic Party.

Buttigieg has been a vocal supporter of Biden since his endorsement earlier this year and campaigned for the former vice president virtually. Buttigieg also served on Biden's transition team.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/530317-biden-taps-buttigieg-to-serve-as-transportation-secretary-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Biden taps Buttigieg to serve as Transportation secretary
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 08:22:00 pm »
Very fitting position for the Buttboy.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Knox27

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 08:23:17 pm »

Homophobic remarks are cool here?  Just want to verify the level of the room...

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 08:30:32 pm »

If you are a supporter of Faggotry, go for it. 

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2020, 08:34:53 pm »

No derogatory comments aimed at another Briefer...that's one of the things that's highly frowned on.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2020, 08:35:32 pm »
   Who would've thought that they'd be backdoor solutions to our Transportation problems  :shrug:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2020, 08:35:40 pm »

So .... I'm just trying to figure out what Buttgig's duties will be? 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2020, 08:36:11 pm »
   Who would've thought that they'd be backdoor solutions to our Transportation problems  :shrug:
:beer:

Offline Knox27

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2020, 08:37:04 pm »
No derogatory comments aimed at another Briefer...that's one of the things that's highly frowned on.

You mean derogatory remarks aimed at millions of Americans are highly frowned upon?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2020, 08:38:45 pm »
You mean derogatory remarks aimed at millions of Americans are highly frowned upon?

Not if they are deplorables.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2020, 08:41:00 pm »
    They call me gay here all the time @Knox27 it's water down a duck's back as far as I'm concerned.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2020, 08:41:02 pm »

He is high on intermobile movements too.

Offline Knox27

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2020, 08:49:29 pm »
    They call me gay here all the time @Knox27 it's water down a duck's back as far as I'm concerned.

I get that, but it normalizes continued discrimination, it is at least tacit encouragement to a hostile environment that feeds into serious problems in the mental health of millions of Americans.  Its not friends in a bar giving each other shit, its an ingrained problem in the party and I think it should be called out and left in the past.

Its a razor thin margin that separates a GOP win from a D win...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2020, 08:55:40 pm »
I get that, but it normalizes continued discrimination, it is at least tacit encouragement to a hostile environment that feeds into serious problems in the mental health of millions of Americans.  Its not friends in a bar giving each other shit, its an ingrained problem in the party and I think it should be called out and left in the past.

Discrimination is part of life. Get used to it. Speech is more important than people's feelings.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2020, 08:58:39 pm »

You're all butt hurt over that kind of comment while your fellow Progressives are saying this:

« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 09:01:37 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2020, 09:03:53 pm »

Political correctness is strangling the insult genre and murdering comedy.

Don Rickles, Lisa Lampanelli, Jeff Ross, Triumph the Insult Comic Dog (Robert Smigel), Andrew Dice Clay. It’s all funny. Without the insult you end up with Trevor Noah. Without comedy you end up with Joyless Behar.

I hate political correctness!

Online libertybele

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2020, 09:04:25 pm »

The integrity of our electoral process is gone .... so anymore a DEM win is guaranteed

Online libertybele

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2020, 09:05:08 pm »
Political correctness is strangling the insult genre and murdering comedy.

Don Rickles, Lisa Lampanelli, Jeff Ross, Triumph the Insult Comic Dog (Robert Smigel), Andrew Dice Clay. It’s all funny. Without the insult you end up with Trevor Noah. Without comedy you end up with Joyless Behar.

I hate political correctness!

:amen:

Offline Knox27

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2020, 09:07:55 pm »
Discrimination is part of life. Get used to it. Speech is more important than people's feelings.

So then no one is gonna get mad here if i were to say christians are backwards and deluded, and abortions are good? That anyone supporting the confederacy, the confederate flags, and statues is an anti-american racist?

Okay, fair is fair.

Except only one of those groups that has a highly elevated rate of suicide and substance abuse is still the LGBT population...so there's that....

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2020, 09:09:31 pm »
So then no one is gonna get mad here if i were to say christians are backwards and deluded, and abortions are good? That anyone supporting the confederacy, the confederate flags, and statues is an anti-american racist?

Okay, fair is fair.

Except only one of those groups that has a highly elevated rate of suicide and substance abuse is still the LGBT population...so there's that....

No we'll just  *****rollingeyes***** like we always do with your posts and move on.

Now..do you have anything relevant or intelligent to say about the original topic?  Or are you going to continue to be a butt hurt troll and keep taking the thread off the rails?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online rustynail

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2020, 09:11:07 pm »
His plans for highway 'rest areas' should be interesting.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2020, 09:11:30 pm »

Mental illness is a bitch.  The Alphabet people have that in spades.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2020, 09:11:39 pm »
DOT now becomes the "Cornhole Express" 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Knox27

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2020, 09:11:46 pm »
No we'll just  *****rollingeyes***** like we always do with your posts and move on.

Now..do you have anything relevant or intelligent to say about the original topic?  Or are you going to continue to be a butt hurt troll and keep taking the thread off the rails?

Yeah, at least there is a good development out of this for the LGBT community and I'm happy for them.  I also think they can view republican ideals as worth voting for when they don't feel like a lot of republicans think they are vile and mock them.

Offline corbe

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2020, 09:12:07 pm »
   That first part @Knox27 The Religion Thing, that won't work here.  MGMT keeps the Religious stuff real light and for good reasons.