Author Topic: Biden taps Buttigieg to serve as Transportation secretary  (Read 2680 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Biden taps Buttigieg to serve as Transportation secretary
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2020, 09:13:30 pm »
His plans for highway 'rest areas' should be interesting.

:laughingdog: :bigsilly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2020, 09:14:04 pm »
Homophobic remarks are cool here?  Just want to verify the level of the room...

Baloney  Many of us weren't that way until their little faction, and complicit MSM started forcefeeding their agenda on us 24/7.
No, watching 2 men kissing on a Familty Chistmas show is not F'n acceptable.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 09:22:25 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Knox27

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2020, 09:14:16 pm »
   That first part @Knox27 The Religion Thing, that won't work here.  MGMT keeps the Religious stuff real light and for good reasons.

the board is the board.  the 1st amendment is only about the government restricting it, not TBR

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2020, 09:15:14 pm »
So then no one is gonna get mad here if i were to say christians are backwards and deluded, and abortions are good? That anyone supporting the confederacy, the confederate flags, and statues is an anti-american racist?

Okay, fair is fair.

Sure folks will get mad... That's not the point. The only speech worth protecting is offensive speech. If the only speech there is is what we all agree on, that is not speech at all. However, I hasten to add that this is not the public square. This is a private forum. Piss off it's denizens and you get to ride the lightning. So by all means... Continue the way you are going.

Except only one of those groups that has a highly elevated rate of suicide and substance abuse is still the LGBT population...so there's that....

Unremarkable... When one's fantasies overtake one's reality, it is unsurprising that suicide and depression ensue. You do them no favors by pandering to their delusion.

Except @corbe
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 09:16:35 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2020, 09:16:09 pm »
Yeah, at least there is a good development out of this for the LGBT community and I'm happy for them.  I also think they can view republican ideals as worth voting for when they don't feel like a lot of republicans think they are vile and mock them.

Yeah too bad Trump won't ever get credit for the Grennell appointment.

How about we worry more about his qualifications for the post rather than putting him there because it's the PC thing to do.

Woke cabinet appointments mean squat if the person isn't qualified to hold the job.  Mayor Pete ran South Bend into the ground...lets hope he doesn't do it to our transportation infrastructure.

And yes there are Log Cabin Republicans...and they receive all of the hatred and homophobic bile from the left that you can't even begin to imagine.  See your progressive buddies don't like it when one of their perceived "protected groups" steps off the reservation.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Knox27

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2020, 09:16:59 pm »
Sure folks will get mad... That's not the point. The only speech worth protecting is offensive speech. If the only speech there is is what we all agree on, that is not speech at all. However, I hasten to add that this is not the public square. This is a private forum. Piss off it's denizens and you get to ride the lightning. So by all means... Continue the way you are going.

I'm happy to get kicked off if its for standing up for a discriminated against minority by pointing out the hypocrisy.  Feather in the cap.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2020, 09:17:19 pm »
the board is the board.  the 1st amendment is only about the government restricting it, not TBR

1st Amendment ends at the login screen for this forum n00b.

You agreed to as much when you clicked "I agree" during registration for this place.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2020, 09:17:40 pm »
I'm happy to get kicked off if its for standing up for a discriminated against minority by pointing out the hypocrisy.  Feather in the cap.

IMHO that was your goal all along.

Offline Knox27

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2020, 09:18:08 pm »

And yes there are Log Cabin Republicans...and they receive all of the hatred and homophobic bile from the left that you can't even begin to imagine.  See your progressive buddies don't like it when one of their perceived "protected groups" steps off the reservation.

How about we encourage more people to step off the reservation instead of pushing them  away?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2020, 09:18:37 pm »
I get that, but it normalizes continued discrimination, it is at least tacit encouragement to a hostile environment that feeds into serious problems in the mental health of millions of Americans.  Its not friends in a bar giving each other shit, its an ingrained problem in the party and I think it should be called out and left in the past.

Its a razor thin margin that separates a GOP win from a D win...

I am 100% certain now that you are a liberal troll.   If you weren't trying to hide it you'd at least be masking their talking points and buzz words.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2020, 09:20:34 pm »
So then no one is gonna get mad here if i were to say christians are backwards and deluded, and abortions are good? That anyone supporting the confederacy, the confederate flags, and statues is an anti-american racist?

Okay, fair is fair.

Except only one of those groups that has a highly elevated rate of suicide and substance abuse is still the LGBT population...so there's that....

It depends on what is motivating your comments; if it's only to inflame with negative remarks or to derail a thread ... then people in here just might get a tad pizzed and put you in your rightful place.  Also you might want to give some validity to your comments rather than just make a random remark or statement.

The topic isn't about the LGBT population's suicide rate -- it's about Buttgig's new "gig".

BTW so far I don't see that anyone has said that they were kicking you out of the forum. 

How about we get back on topic? 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 09:22:38 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2020, 09:20:42 pm »
How about we encourage more people to step off the reservation instead of pushing them  away?

Who is this we you speak of?

If you want to see what a true "big tent" party is...look no further than the GOP.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2020, 09:20:59 pm »
IMHO that was your goal all along.

Spot on. Heshe was just looking for the right hill to die on.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2020, 09:23:58 pm »

Ahh... The virtue of the minority... Declared as a minority for no reason other than political expediency.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2020, 09:26:10 pm »

Sure... Not by courting their delusions.

Conservatism is merit based. A minority of one.

Offline Knox27

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2020, 09:27:45 pm »
Who is this we you speak of?

If you want to see what a true "big tent" party is...look no further than the GOP.

"big tent" is a useless phrase for articles and talking heads.  Trump did a great thing putting up Grennel, I'm sure against pushback.  But when an article mentions that a gay dude is getting a cabinet position, and the response is to mock his sexuality, it pushes people away from republicanism/conservatism/trumpism whatever youre trying to get to be in power.  Its stupid and counter-productive and harmful.

It isnt about a "big tent" its about not giving the finger to people that come into the tent.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2020, 09:28:04 pm »

I will NEVER vote GOP again.  I will vote for a Conservative period.  Huge difference. (Not that there's any integrity left at the ballot box anyways).

When a party, such as the GOP "cheapens their brand" to garner votes and relinquishes their principles in the name of political correctness, they die...and right now they're just about dead in the water.

Offline Knox27

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2020, 09:30:12 pm »
Sure... Not by courting their delusions.

Conservatism is merit based. A minority of one.

A delusion is telling someone they are not really attracted to who they say they are.  Telling someone they are wrong or dirty for being themselves.  Its a nasty way to treat people and we're all Americans and we're all neighbors and in this together.

But thats exactly the message being sent here

Offline corbe

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2020, 09:31:17 pm »
   Lesbians need to Unite to insure bidet chooses one of us to head the Dept of the Interior.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2020, 09:34:36 pm »
A delusion is telling someone they are not really attracted to who they say they are.  Telling someone they are wrong or dirty for being themselves.  Its a nasty way to treat people and we're all Americans and we're all neighbors and in this together.

The delusion is in having an identity that is entirely enwrapped in sexuality, or color, or the thousand other ways to divide people.

That is the message being sent here.
If you are deluded enough  that you don't understand what every mammal on the planet knows, you might want to rethink your reality.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2020, 09:45:26 pm »

Back on topic --- Buttgig is Biden's transportation sec'y.  Biden's merely returning a favor.

I found it interesting for a very short time that he stepped down when he had more EV's than Sloe Joe....I realized then that the DEM party needed everyone to step down  in order to slide Joe into the nominee's seat so Trump wouldn't be able to connect him and his sons to Burisma and their financial ties to China.

Offline Knox27

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2020, 09:52:40 pm »
Back on topic --- Buttgig is Biden's transportation sec'y.  Biden's merely returning a favor.

I found it interesting for a very short time that he stepped down when he had more EV's than Sloe Joe....I realized then that the DEM party needed everyone to step down  in order to slide Joe into the nominee's seat so Trump wouldn't be able to connect him and his sons to Burisma and their financial ties to China.

Obama didn't let the party apparatus dictate to him like they did to Buttigieg.  He must have let them convince they it was because he was "too young".  Anyway, showed he doesn't have much political courage but that'll probably get him a bright future in the party.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2020, 09:55:43 pm »
Obama didn't let the party apparatus dictate to him like they did to Buttigieg.  He must have let them convince they it was because he was "too young".  Anyway, showed he doesn't have much political courage but that'll probably get him a bright future in the party.

That's because Obama put the people in place that are now calling the shots.  The DNC became tremendously more radicalized after Obama took over and started putting people in place.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2020, 09:56:06 pm »
This was a surprise to me..I have read and may have posted here that Buttigieg was going to be the Amb to China but I guess that position will be filled by Hunter..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2020, 09:57:20 pm »
This was a surprise to me..I have read and may have posted here that Buttigieg was going to be the Amb to China but I guess that position will be filled by Hunter..

Well you have to admit..Hunter already has the connections there.  :silly: