Author Topic: BREAKING>>>Ruth Bader Ginsburg died  (Read 9016 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: BREAKING>>>Ruth Bader Ginsburg died
« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2020, 05:58:33 am »
Jim Dabakis
@JimDabakis

BREAKING: A high-level Romney insider tells me Mitt Romney has committed to not confirming a Supreme Court nominee until after Inauguration Day 2021. #Mittrevenge #utpol

Nathaniel Reed
@ReedReports

ROMNEY COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR: Reports that Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT) will NOT vote to confirm a Trump Supreme Court nominee are “GROSSLY FALSE”

Maybe we should start a pool.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2020, 06:02:02 am »
Romney will not vote for any SCOTUS selection made by someone he was willing to Impeach, even after 1/20/21.

Liz Johnson is lying.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2020, 06:49:58 am »
Bill Pascrell, Jr.
@BillPascrell
·
13m
If Senate Republicans jam through a replacement for Justice Ginsburg before Jan 20, 2021, we must commit to expand the Supreme Court at first opportunity to finally balance a court that has been in Republican hands for now over 50 years.

@mystery-ak

Anybody know the name of this guy's home planet?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2020, 06:57:42 am »
David Brody
@DavidBrodyCBN
·
21m
Judge Amy Coney Barrett is a leading SUPCO Nominee contender yet again. Conservative Christians in legal circles & beyond love her.  Picking a strong conservative Christian woman would surely win @realDonaldTrump
 accolades from evangelicals. He needs them desperately in November

@mystery-ak

I don't give a damn if his nominee is black,white,brown,or purple and comes from another universe.

Nor do I care if it is male,female,undecided,homosexual,heterosexual,transsexual,or even things I haven't heard of and don't WANT to hear about.

ALL I care about is that whoever/whatever it is be politically conservative with a sincere desire to keep Americans living free.

With one MAJOR exception. NO FREAKING MUSLIMS!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2020, 07:03:25 am »
Buck Sexton
@BuckSexton
·
1h
As if the country wasn’t close enough to a total political implosion from covid blame shifting and the summer of BLM riots in a presidential election year, now there’s a vacant Supreme Court seat at stake too 

This is going to get really crazy, folks

@mystery-ak

I think that was pretty much an established fact before Ginsberg died.

This IS  a fight for the survival of America and Americans as a free people and a free nation. Anyone who can't see that just isn't looking.

IF the Dims lose,chances are that is the end of the Dim Party. The rats will scatter like rats always do,and form a new party and start all over again. With any luck at all,it will be at least 2 decades before they have any real power or influence.

If they win,it is the beginning on the end for America,and there will be no more popular votes for a leader because our leaders will be appointed by the board of World Wide Government,Inc.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2020, 07:05:23 am »
Or drank beer.

@dfwgator

Who drank beer in college?

I mean,I heard the rumors when I was going to college,but.........

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #181 on: September 19, 2020, 07:08:45 am »
Reza Aslan
@rezaaslan
 Â· 1h
If they even TRY to replace RBG we burn the entire bleep thing down.

yikes!

@rezaaslan

Bring it,bitch!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #182 on: September 19, 2020, 07:17:32 am »
This week is going to be nauseating.  Ginsburg was a left-wing tyrant, and like so many of them, she could not bring herself to resign when it was appropriate.  Now her death will leave the nation in a state of turmoil.

@cato potatoe

Most likely the whole next month is going to be a nightmare,as the leftist media (I realize I am repeating myself) is going to go batshit crazy with tributes to how great she was,and that she was even a direct descendant of Jesus.

Her death is going to be the best damn campaign endorsement the DNC has ever ran with. By the time it ends,even*I* might be tempted to vote Dim in order to pay tribute to the memory of Saint Ruth.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 07:19:54 am by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #183 on: September 19, 2020, 07:23:03 am »
Had a tooth pulled today and have been kind of out of it.... Man I am way late on hearing this news. Kinda a bummer now so many RINOs have already affirmed they care nothing about America's future and will not rush a vote.

Ruth was out marrying gay couples while the matter was before her, to heck with her last wishes, cause she sure didn't care about ours.

@Sighlass

You don't get it. It is NOT the job,or even the concern of a SC Justice to fulfill ANY of our wishes. It is their job to preserve America as a free and independent nation of free citizens.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #184 on: September 19, 2020, 07:24:01 am »
To heck with her last wishes is right.  The Supreme Court seat was not her property.

@Right_in_Virginia

888high58888

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #185 on: September 19, 2020, 07:25:04 am »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #186 on: September 19, 2020, 08:05:02 am »
Tucker said tonight that Biden would consider Stacey Abrams for the Supreme Court.  OMG, I pray Trump and our worthless Senate do their job so that will never happen!.

This may well be the last opportunity for those that oppose mass genocide/abortion to gain ground and end this horrific and barbaric practice of murdering the most innocent in our society.

We are spending millions if not billions to bring abortion to other countries.  200 years from now, if man does not self destroy themselves, I can see our great nation being known for taking abortion to the entire world and being the Satan nation that destroyed innocent life, and that Planned Parenthood's founder, Margaret Sanger is also the same person that inspired Adolph Hitler with his Final Solution to the Jews.  That is one possibility for the future.

I say end the mass genocide and protect the most innocent in our society.  What we have been doing is against everything this nation stands for.  60 million + murdered unborn babies, and counting!

If God were cynical about mankind, I could see him throwing this out as a test for this nation.  What we do as a nation now may well bode our future.  The blessings bestowed on this nation may well go up as steam if we make the wrong decision.  Of course, you could take the mindset of one  that does not believe in God, but if you are a believer, you might see the possibility of this as the ultimate test for mankind in the USA.

All my life I have been told by media that the majority of people in America oppose abortion.  This being a nation of the people, you would think the Supreme Court would not decide on the tens of millions of murders and oppose the will of the people of this nation, or to undermine the authority of each state's governing body.

At a minimum, I think the Supreme Court should punt the determination of abortion to the states, and end this national tragedy.  At best, end this barbaric practice of mass genocide.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #187 on: September 19, 2020, 08:10:34 am »

Maybe we should start a pool.
I'm in with "Mitt votes with the Democrats"
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #188 on: September 19, 2020, 08:28:17 am »
If Thrump nominates someone tomorrow there is no way that the Senate will have a confirmation vote before the election. If the GOP retains control of the Senate then it becomes a moot point whoever he nominates gets seated.

The question is are the GOP Senators in Blue and Purple states going to commit to supporting his nominee or say the next president should pick the nominee in order to save their skins and get reelected.....I would expect they will do and say anything to get reelected..  :shrug:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #189 on: September 19, 2020, 09:21:59 am »
I'm in with "Mitt votes with the Democrats"

Which is it??

Puzzled because just before going to sleep, I read that Mitt Romney dispelled the notion that he wouldn't cast a vote until after January 20th.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #190 on: September 19, 2020, 11:00:55 am »
Which is it??

Puzzled because just before going to sleep, I read that Mitt Romney dispelled the notion that he wouldn't cast a vote until after January 20th.
Is he up for reelection this year?

I guess we'll have to wait until the horses cross the finish line to know which ones were the stinkers, and who won, placed, or showed. We will know when the votes go in. Mitt had a complete credibility loss with me long before he ran for potus.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 11:01:46 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #191 on: September 19, 2020, 11:11:26 am »
@mystery-ak

Harvest and print fake ballots, fill out ballots for those in nursing homes, all your want - the Early Voting Ballot Board will throw them all out.  Been there, done that.  Democrat District Attorney filed a suit against me to remove me as that Judge, he filed it with the Texas Attorney General (who was John Cornyn).  I won the case, naturally.  I knew I was right and District Attorney was wrong.  I stayed as that Judge and kept throwing out the ballots you spoke about above.

JUST BECAUSE BALLOTS COME IN DOES NOT MEAN THEY GET COUNTED.
Until it's a close race, the Democrats need to find a cache of ballots to put their candidate over the edge, and they mysteriously find one and it invariably counts. Ask Dino Rossi. Counted—won. Recounted—won. Found a mysterious cache of ballots in Seatte, added to the total—lost, with no recourse.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline verga

« Reply #192 on: September 19, 2020, 11:45:08 am »
I think, and I have been wrong dozens of times before, That a solid Constitutional Conservatives will bring the Never Trumpers around and solidify the evangelical base. There are a lot of Moderate Minorities that see the lawlessness of the Dems and are sick of it, Amy Coney Barrett, or Munoz, could bring them around.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Slide Rule

« Reply #193 on: September 19, 2020, 12:57:40 pm »

So Young and So Unexpected

Tragic news that Ruth Bader Ginsburg has passed. It is always a shame when
someone so young passes and especially so unexpectedly. Who would have ever
guessed? Did anyone ever guess that she was ever sick? She tried to hang in there
forever. That didn't work.

The next couple of months are going to be quite interesting if it wasn't interesting
enough already with the election. It will be super interesting with the Supreme's in
play. Maybe we will get an Actual Conservative on the court in the next few weeks.
The Supreme Court is in play.

Tragic, tragic, tragic day.

It is tragic when someone dies but when you have had cancer 18 times and have
had removed three forths of your organs, and yet keep working part time.

How is it that we are allowing the country to be lead by people who are one step
away from life support? Not just Ruth but a lot of people.

Get ready for a fight because we will be seeing one.

My words?
No, but spot on with minor edit.

Credit to David Atkinson
The Yankee Marshal

Slide Rule
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online Slide Rule

« Reply #194 on: September 19, 2020, 12:59:06 pm »

And yet there are those who think that God does not favor this country and people of
freedom liberty and justice. It happens just when religious thought and practice needs a
little nudge short of Armageddon. I believe we are blessed by God in a dark hour.

Slide Rule
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #195 on: September 19, 2020, 01:16:59 pm »
David Brody
@DavidBrodyCBN
·
13m
What do the @TheDemocrats
 have in store this time around as the Republicans try and replace #RuthBaderGinsberg ? Honestly, this upcoming fight may make the Kavanaugh hearing look like child’s play. UGLY.
What do they have? They have Mitt Romney.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #196 on: September 19, 2020, 01:58:34 pm »
Roberts will take her place as the Soros representative.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #197 on: September 19, 2020, 02:11:07 pm »
Ginsburg screwed the ones who idolize her.  She just "knew" Hillary would be the President following Obama.  She then tried to run the clock hoping against hope she could make to the next guy and that it would be someone other than President Trump. 

I've slept on it.  The President must move quickly and nominate the next Justice.  Like most, Amy Coney Barrett would be my choice.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 02:15:19 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #198 on: September 19, 2020, 02:14:05 pm »
Donald J. Trump  @realDonaldTrump
.@GOP    We were put in this position of power and importance to make decisions for the people who so proudly elected us, the most important of which has long been considered to be the selection of United States Supreme Court Justices. We have this obligation, without delay!
10:10 AM · Sep 19, 2020·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #199 on: September 19, 2020, 02:17:09 pm »
Donald J. Trump  @realDonaldTrump
.@GOP    We were put in this position of power and importance to make decisions for the people who so proudly elected us, the most important of which has long been considered to be the selection of United States Supreme Court Justices. We have this obligation, without delay!
10:10 AM · Sep 19, 2020·

Yay!  He knows the battle will be intense and brutal.  He needs to do his job with statesmanship.  Let the others bray and bicker, but bring it to a vote.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck