Author Topic: American Dystopia: San Francisco In Decline  (Read 1260 times)

Offline mrclose

American Dystopia: San Francisco In Decline
« on: January 08, 2020, 03:34:09 am »
If you didn't get a chance to see this ... I hope that you will take the 5 minutes out of your time to watch it.

It is Tucker Carlson's mini venture into the liberal destruction of San Francisco.
(Don't miss the question and answer session with the lady cop!)

(Part 1 of 5)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline LMAO

Re: American Dystopia: San Francisco In Decline
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 02:51:42 pm »
And the architect of all this in San Francisco is now the governor of
the whole state of California
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 03:35:31 pm »
Liberals are not only stupid, they're dangerous.
Just twenty years ago the idea of allowing people to camp on public sidewalks and defecate anywhere they please would have been met with derision even by most lib Dems.
Today, liberals consider it a human right to do those things.
Is there something in the water in California?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 04:46:16 pm »
Oh, come now, it's gotta be every bit as good as it was in May of '06...

1906, that is.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 05:50:12 pm »
Major Nuisance deserved his derogatory nickname, but SF was already becoming littered with bum-crap and used needles in the late 1990s, well before Goobernor Nuisance was merely Major Nuisance.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 06:18:13 pm »
Major Nuisance deserved his derogatory nickname, but SF was already becoming littered with bum-crap and used needles in the late 1990s, well before Goobernor Nuisance was merely Major Nuisance.
How far back do I have to go to see a S.F. without human feces on the sidewalks.  "Dirty Harry" (1971). "Vertigo" (1958)  or "Dark Passage" (1947)?

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 07:31:44 pm »
How far back do I have to go to see a S.F. without human feces on the sidewalks.  "Dirty Harry" (1971). "Vertigo" (1958)  or "Dark Passage" (1947)?

I had to do some business in SF back in 1999. I took BART from the Peninsula up into SF and then walked several blocks to where I needed to go. I remember being aware of watching where I walked and for potential aggressive panhandlers. So the current mess goes back at least that far.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 08:47:41 pm »
Oh, come now, it's gotta be every bit as good as it was in May of '06...

1906, that is.
Just a little urban renewal. It couldn't hurt.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2020, 08:49:08 pm »

Just paint and curtains, it's a cinch.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2020, 10:10:08 pm »
I was there 20-24 years ago.  It was a beautiful city. But lots of homeless even then....with dogs as pets. Go figure.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2020, 11:28:26 pm »

Time for the the big one.  It will cure a lot of evils.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2020, 01:59:21 am »
Likely it cannot be redeemed.

Eradicate the vermin and build afresh.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2020, 11:52:52 am »
My best friend lived there from the 70s until about 2007.

It broke his heart to see the rapid decline.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2020, 12:23:43 pm »
This "American Dystopia" series is suppose to be on all week... we've talked of SF before, what is amazing is how San Francisco has been a tourist bonanza, one of the top tourist cities in the US if not the world, to see and all pictures I have seen of it's vaunted past at least, seem to point that way.

Tourism should be a big deal, commercial success, that you would think they wouldn't let this happen.

And at the same time, some extremely wealthy people there, in that area at least.

I think it was "Wheel of Fortune" but those game shows give away trips to scenic places and I think one time, it was to SF years ago.... and then, I remember watching a clip on youtube of an old "American Bandstand" episode and they were talking, "oh, everyone likes San Francisco".
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 12:29:19 pm by TomSea »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2020, 12:30:59 pm »
SF use to be on my bucket list of places to see. I love old Victorian houses (with gingerbread) and I wanted to see Ghardelli Square, Fisherman’s Wharf, cablecars, all the touristy things. Even Alcatraz!

My parents went there in the late 50’s and said what a beautiful city it is.

So I put it on my bucket list.

Not anymore. Which is a shame, because I Really wanted to see it someday.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2020, 12:52:27 pm »
Careful Tucker, your liberal is showing.....

At the beginning of the video...

Governors run the states, Washington runs the county.

States do not get involved in Iran, Syria etc, that is Washington job.

Washington does not clean your streets, SF won't even allow Washington to enforce federal laws but you want them to clean the streets?

The real problems is liberals have lost their minds.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2020, 01:31:18 pm »
I guess, in a way, it's a decline the way Detroit declined, reasons being different of course. I have posted this painting of Russian Hill of San Francisco, really lovely. And then, my beliefs are maybe Colorado, Denver, even Colorado Springs (not big enough for a comparison, though it does seem like crime has soared) have seen a bit of a decline in being wonderful historical places.

And then, all the TV shows and movies it's famous for, at least, the Dirty Harry movies, Streets of SF and I'm sure plenty more.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 04:43:26 pm by TomSea »

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2020, 01:44:32 pm »
SF use to be on my bucket list of places to see. I love old Victorian houses (with gingerbread) and I wanted to see Ghardelli Square, Fisherman’s Wharf, cablecars, all the touristy things. Even Alcatraz!

Much has changed since the 50s. When I was a kid, we used to go to Washington, D.C. for school trips, to see the Smithsonian, the art galleries, the works.
Now, it's not such a good idea for the visitor to get more than a couple of blocks off the tourist path, and really hasn't been since the riots in the 60s, unless you have a local guide who knows what they are doing or want to add getting mugged to your list of things to do in D.C.
I had relatives who lived there, (who had an apartment and an elevator, totally new concepts to me at that young age) who pulled stakes and moved to Arizona after the riots.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2020, 03:06:21 pm »
I guess, in a way, it's a decline the way Detroit declined, reasons being different of course. I have posted this painting of Russian Hill of San Francisco, really lovely. And then, my beliefs are maybe Colorado, Denver, even Colorado Springs have seen a bit of a decline in being wonderful historical places.

And then, all the TV shows and movies it's famous for, at least, the Dirty Harry movies, Streets of SF and I'm sure plenty more.

I bet in the Fillmore District it is not unusual to see a naked man chasing a woman through a dark alley with a butcher knife and a hard on out collecting for the Red Cross these days..
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2020, 03:35:24 pm »

Visited San Fran back in the early 70s.  The peace and love hippie days of the 60s were over and many of those who did drugs were down and out.  SF was full of them -- not just in Haight-Ashbury  but everywhere.   They were sleeping in every doorway.  Downtown was a sleazy mess.  So disappointing.  I had heard that in more recent times the city was revitalized and all those strung out hippies were gone.  I guess the place has gone all to hell again.    Too bad. 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2020, 04:37:47 pm »
Gavin Newsom  @GavinNewsom

Unlike @realDonaldTrump
 â€” CA is putting REAL resources into addressing homelessness. Today we put forward $1 BILLION to get people off our streets and into the programs and services they need.
CA is treating homelessness like the emergency it is.

6:32 PM · Jan 8, 2020·
:silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2020, 05:09:40 pm »
Liberals are not only stupid, they're dangerous.
Just twenty years ago the idea of allowing people to camp on public sidewalks and defecate anywhere they please would have been met with derision even by most lib Dems.
Today, liberals consider it a human right to do those things.
Is there something in the water in California?

@goatprairie

The goal of the left is,and has always been,revolution and chaos because they KNOW that is the ONLY path to the creation of a Communist Police State in America.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2020, 05:14:24 pm »
Careful Tucker, your liberal is showing.....

At the beginning of the video...

Governors run the states, Washington runs the county.

States do not get involved in Iran, Syria etc, that is Washington job.

Washington does not clean your streets, SF won't even allow Washington to enforce federal laws but you want them to clean the streets?

The real problems is liberals have lost their minds.

@EdinVA

It also shows up in his statement where he says something like "government exists to make people happy". Government exists to create the proper conditions to allow people to CREATE THEIR OWN HAPPINESS. They ain't your daddy.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2020, 05:20:02 pm »
I guess, in a way, it's a decline the way Detroit declined, reasons being different of course. I have posted this painting of Russian Hill of San Francisco, really lovely. And then, my beliefs are maybe Colorado, Denver, even Colorado Springs (not big enough for a comparison, though it does seem like crime has soared) have seen a bit of a decline in being wonderful historical places.

@TomSea 

I can't speak for the rest of those places,but it was refugees from California that polluted Denver when I was living there in the mid-70's. They had ruined California to the point they couldn't afford and didn't want to live there anymore,so they moved to Denver,bringing their lefitst ideas with them to screw up Colorado,too. Once Denver is like SF is today,they will move on to somewhere else untill they run out of "somewhere else" to move to. That's when they will start screaming for somebody (the police) to "do something" to make THEM safe.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2020, 05:23:53 pm »
:silly:

@mountaineer

No kidding. It's almost like he is starting an advertising campaign to tell junkies all over America that SF now has a billion dollars to provide them with safe places to live while they get high and sleep it off.