Author Topic: Trump kills White House press briefing, 50 years after it was born  (Read 1930 times)

Offline bilo

Re: Trump kills White House press briefing, 50 years after it was born
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2019, 12:08:45 am »

No they weren't.  But it appears to me that Trump made his empire selling his name.  I don't like him or dislike him.  He's done good and bad.

I can promise you this much...if I had a daddy rich enough to give me seed money...and I paid him back...I would not have had to build back from bankruptcy. :laugh:

A couple points; first it's very rare that children of very wealthy parents expand the family fortune. The majority lack the drive and will to do so and are content to let others manage the fortune for them. Second, the bankruptcy was the consequence of being willing to take risks.

I will always respect someone who takes a risk and fails and I will especially admire those who try again and succeed.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2019, 12:14:16 am »
Donald Trump doing business with his father in 1968.  Donald was named President of the Trump Company in 1971, renaming it the Trump Organization.  Had Fred Jr. "built the business" Jr., not Donald, would have been named president in 1971.  Fred Jr. died ten years later, in 1981.

When his father died, he and his surviving three siblings received equal amounts from the father's estate.  Donald Trump stayed with the business.

Donald Trump is responsible for expanding the business to all five boroughs of NYC, and then after a couple of well-documented setbacks, expanding the business further into a global conglomerate.  Reviewed on 29 August 2019,  The Trump Organization is the collective name for a group of approximately 500 business entities of which Donald Trump is the sole or principal owner. Approximately 250 entities use the Trump name.

I promise you no other Trump saw this coming, including Daddy.   At the very least, give his son the credit where the credit is due.  happy77  @Absalom

Well said!

:yowsa:

It's the entrepreneurs who move the world and he is clearly one of them.

Online libertybele

« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2019, 12:20:31 am »
This is one of the impressive things about Trump. He will not only take risks, but if he fails he doesn't quit. He won't let set backs shake his confidence in himself or his larger goals. It's probably why so many leftists have a visceral hatred of him. They can stand an alpha male.

They hate him because he defeated Queen Hillary.  That just wasn't supposed to happen and their only recourse has been to try to de-legitimatize his presidency by any means that they can.  The Russian collusion investigation was nothing more than just that and they failed and they are still trying with accusations ranging from being involved with Epstein, Stormy Daniels, tax returns, etc.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2019, 12:26:54 am »
IIRC Trump inherited control and 1/4 ownership of the family business worth about $200 million in 1974.

What he did differently than his father, was focus on Manhattan, and not so much the outer boroughs.

The rest is history....

Offline aligncare

« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2019, 12:35:54 am »
A couple points; first it's very rare that children of very wealthy parents expand the family fortune. The majority lack the drive and will to do so and are content to let others manage the fortune for them. Second, the bankruptcy was the consequence of being willing to take risks.

I will always respect someone who takes a risk and fails and I will especially admire those who try again and succeed.

People who point to Trump’s bankruptcy as a black mark fail to look at the list of bankruptcies other top executives have had during their careers climbing to the top of their industries.

That list, and the achievements they ultimately accomplished, would surprise and impress us mere mortals. Super achievers (by definition) have a passion in life and do not let these things, these bumps in the road, stand in the way of their goals. Trump just happens to be one of those guys. Look at his work habits. That tells you a lot about a man.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2019, 12:37:34 am »
I've got your transparency right here @OfTheCross  I know you prefer hearing from the Press Secretary, but hopefully this will help fill the void.  Here's another press conference with the President...this one from today. 

That's not good enough, @Right_in_Virginia.  That one wants Trump to use the room that has the cameras locked on the Journos so they can grandstand while trying to use the President for their little punching bags.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2019, 12:44:50 am »
IIRC Trump inherited control and 1/4 ownership of the family business worth about $200 million in 1974.

What he did differently than his father, was focus on Manhattan, and not so much the outer boroughs.

The rest is history....

He actually expanded the business to all five of the NYC boroughs ... as President of the Trump Organization (which Donald renamed from Trump Company when he became President in 1971).  Donald knew where he was taking this.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 12:45:43 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2019, 12:45:49 am »
That's not good enough, @Right_in_Virginia.  That one wants Trump to use the room that has the cameras locked on the Journos so they can grandstand while trying to use the President for their little punching bags.

And as the late Tony Snow revealed in one of the times he publicly embarrassed David Gregory...these reporters get a lot of info on the same questions they ask on camera during a briefing off camera a couple hours before the press conference.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2019, 12:46:50 am »
And as the late Tony Snow revealed in one of the times he publicly embarrassed David Gregory...these reporters get a lot of info on the same questions they ask on camera during a briefing off camera a couple hours before the press conference.

I miss Tony so much.   8888crybaby
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2019, 12:49:22 am »
DJT had entertained the thought of becoming president for awhile. 

Donald Trump has been asked, unsolicited, if he is going to run for President since 1980.   

He always answered "no ... unless I have to".  He's always hated seeing the country ripped off.  happy77

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2019, 12:58:51 am »
I miss Tony so much.   8888crybaby

I do too! He was pure class to assholes like Gregory...Helen Thomas and IIRC Sam Donaldson.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline bilo

« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2019, 04:54:47 pm »
They hate him because he defeated Queen Hillary.  That just wasn't supposed to happen and their only recourse has been to try to de-legitimatize his presidency by any means that they can.  The Russian collusion investigation was nothing more than just that and they failed and they are still trying with accusations ranging from being involved with Epstein, Stormy Daniels, tax returns, etc.

I sure hope a majority of voters can see this truth.

Offline bilo

« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2019, 04:59:35 pm »
People who point to Trump’s bankruptcy as a black mark fail to look at the list of bankruptcies other top executives have had during their careers climbing to the top of their industries.

That list, and the achievements they ultimately accomplished, would surprise and impress us mere mortals. Super achievers (by definition) have a passion in life and do not let these things, these bumps in the road, stand in the way of their goals. Trump just happens to be one of those guys. Look at his work habits. That tells you a lot about a man.

This is really true. Also, there seems to be a human need to diminish someone else's success when it eclipses our own.

Online libertybele

« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2019, 05:11:50 pm »
Donald Trump has been asked, unsolicited, if he is going to run for President since 1980.   

He always answered "no ... unless I have to".  He's always hated seeing the country ripped off.  happy77

One of the few who realized that 'free trade' was NOT 'fair trade'.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2019, 01:33:50 am »
Who needs the White House press corp, anyway?

Heck, these days we've got tweets and the internet!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2019, 02:08:18 am »

I don't weep for its demise.  Sounds cold, I suppose.
I will NOT comply.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2019, 02:12:49 am »
I don't weep for its demise.  Sounds cold, I suppose.

Not cold at all.  Those sumbitches are getting exactly what they deserve!!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2019, 02:22:05 am »

It appears Trump has already figured that out.

Daily press briefing, is a courtsy to the press, to give them a regular fixed location, from which to challenge the Potus, through his representive.

The origins predate eledctronic communication.

Today one can easily podcast live, with several methods. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln