Author Topic: Trump kills White House press briefing, 50 years after it was born  (Read 1962 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Re: Trump kills White House press briefing, 50 years after it was born
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2019, 07:12:58 pm »
As rain!

:beer:
@EdJames

I like when @Bigun says that: "right as rain!!"

:beer:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2019, 07:13:42 pm »
Was I right?

:whistle:

That makes, what, the second time this month?  And, it's only the 4th!

Offline Absalom

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2019, 07:24:54 pm »
Contrary to early memes and pundit narratives about Donald Trump...
Trump reads a lot.
Trump always solicits and listens to other principal opinions.
Trump never changed from his campaign persona or his agenda. He is steadfastly who he is.
Trump is open and transparent, and will talk at length with reporters wherever he goes, despite having “killed” WH briefings.
-----------------------------------
Trump can read???
Who knew????????????????

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2019, 07:27:41 pm »
That makes, what, the second time this month?  And, it's only the 4th!

If his head gets any bigger he's gonna need a brace!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2019, 07:29:07 pm »
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 12:10:23 am by EdJames »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2019, 07:30:33 pm »
Trump can read???
Who knew????????????????

Though most people who build a billion dollar business can’t read, Trump is the exception.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2019, 08:01:33 pm »
Trump is a petulant child when speaking to the media or any one that may question him.

And you're beginning to sound like a poor loser @OfTheCross   Just sayin'   :shrug:

Hopefully whoever is the next President does not follow his lead in this case. We, the people, need these briefings.

Oh for cripes sake @OfTheCross  Now you're just making up stuff.

BTW, which democrat campaign are you working on?   Asking for a friend.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2019, 08:05:46 pm »
And you're beginning to sound like a poor loser @OfTheCross   Just sayin'   :shrug:

Oh for cripes sake @OfTheCross  Now you're just making up stuff.

BTW, which democrat campaign are you working on?   Asking for a friend.

I take it you don't agree with my commentary. We can agree to disagree and leave it at that.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2019, 08:20:33 pm »
The White House Press Corps press killed the White House press briefing by being unable to control their TDS.

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2019, 08:22:08 pm »
Reporting is more competitive than ever now. Online magazines and newspaper outlets have made it that way. We don't rely on the local TV news or newspaper anymore.

That being said, it's more important now, than ever, in this "fake news" era, for reputable outlets to publish articles that are factual. That distinguishes the good from the bad.

There is no straight reporting of the facts anymore.  It's only editorializing disguised as news.  And in the instance of some outlets it's stories made up out of whole cloth.

We've truly returned to the days of yellow journalism.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2019, 08:25:17 pm »
I take it you don't agree with my commentary. We can agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Rather delicate of you @OfTheCross   But not surprising.   wink777

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2019, 08:26:41 pm »
Though most people who build a billion dollar business can’t read, Trump is the exception.

88devil      888high58888

Offline Absalom

« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2019, 09:19:00 pm »
Respectfully, a demurral.
Fred Trump and son Fred Jr, who died early, built the business.
As a consequence, the Donald inherited a prosperous company!!!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2019, 09:22:28 pm »

Were they around when Donald built it back up after the Bankruptcy?  Sure, he probably oversaw it going into Bankruptcy but it does not negate the fact it was brought back.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline berdie

« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2019, 09:40:58 pm »
Were they around when Donald built it back up after the Bankruptcy?  Sure, he probably oversaw it going into Bankruptcy but it does not negate the fact it was brought back.

No they weren't.  But it appears to me that Trump made his empire selling his name.  I don't like him or dislike him.  He's done good and bad.

I can promise you this much...if I had a daddy rich enough to give me seed money...and I paid him back...I would not have had to build back from bankruptcy. :laugh:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2019, 09:49:49 pm »

No they weren't.  But it appears to me that Trump made his empire selling his name.  I don't like him or dislike him.  He's done good and bad.

I can promise you this much...if I had a daddy rich enough to give me seed money...and I paid him back...I would not have had to build back from bankruptcy. :laugh:

You make good points, but they are a far cry from calling Trump "stupid" and "incompetent."  I once told a lefty friend who called one of my guys "stupid," and I explained to him why I never called Obastard stupid...it only serves to disarm myself in an argument.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline berdie

« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2019, 10:25:17 pm »
You make good points, but they are a far cry from calling Trump "stupid" and "incompetent."  I once told a lefty friend who called one of my guys "stupid," and I explained to him why I never called Obastard stupid...it only serves to disarm myself in an argument.

Agreed.  Trump is certainly nor stupid  or incompetent....and sadly neither was Obama.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2019, 10:25:48 pm »
Reporting is more competitive than ever now. Online magazines and newspaper outlets have made it that way. We don't rely on the local TV news or newspaper anymore.

That being said, it's more important now, than ever, in this "fake news" era, for reputable outlets to publish articles that are factual. That distinguishes the good from the bad.

And the talking points are all from the same source.  For the most part, there's no such thing as true journalism around today.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2019, 10:50:01 pm »

Donald Trump was doing business with his father in 1968.  Donald was named President of the Trump Company in 1971, renaming it the Trump Organization.  Had Fred Jr. "built the business" Jr., not Donald, would have been named president in 1971.  Fred Jr. died ten years later, in 1981.

When his father died, he and his surviving three siblings received equal amounts from the father's estate.  Donald Trump stayed with the business.

Donald Trump is responsible for expanding the business to all five boroughs of NYC, and then after a couple of well-documented setbacks, expanding the business further into a global conglomerate.  Reviewed on 29 August 2019,  The Trump Organization is the collective name for a group of approximately 500 business entities of which Donald Trump is the sole or principal owner. Approximately 250 entities use the Trump name.

I promise you no other Trump saw this coming, including Daddy.   At the very least, give his son the credit where the credit is due.  happy77  @Absalom

« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 12:46:36 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2019, 10:54:45 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia  Ayup.  I have little patience for people that deride Donald Trump's business acumen.  He may have some policies I don't like, but business sense is not among them.  I'd suggest asking Merv Griffin about it, but he's not available. :whistle:
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2019, 11:41:30 pm »
Actually the liberal leftist inability to ask fair questions and accurately report is what has killed the White House press briefing.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2019, 11:42:14 pm »
Trump is a petulant child when speaking to the media or any one that may question him.

Hopefully whoever is the next President does not follow his lead in this case. We, the people, need these briefings.

As the article says, not having these is an erosion of transparency and democracy. 

I've got your transparency right here @OfTheCross  I know you prefer hearing from the Press Secretary, but hopefully this will help fill the void.  Here's another press conference with the President...this one from today. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2019, 11:51:15 pm »
Donald Trump doing business with his father in 1968.  Donald was named President of the Trump Company in 1971, renaming it the Trump Organization.  Had Fred Jr. "built the business" Jr., not Donald, would have been named president in 1971.  Fred Jr. died ten years later, in 1981.

When his father died, he and his surviving three siblings received equal amounts from the father's estate.  Donald Trump stayed with the business.

Donald Trump is responsible for expanding the business to all five boroughs of NYC, and then after a couple of well-documented setbacks, expanding the business further into a global conglomerate.  Reviewed on 29 August 2019,  The Trump Organization is the collective name for a group of approximately 500 business entities of which Donald Trump is the sole or principal owner. Approximately 250 entities use the Trump name.

I promise you no other Trump saw this coming, including Daddy.   At the very least, give his son the credit where the credit is due.  happy77  @Absalom

DJT had entertained the thought of becoming president for awhile.  Yes, he declared some bankruptcies and manipulated a few deals, but as much as I'm not fond of his 'character' at times, I never doubted that he would jump start this economy and bring back jobs. We now have the lowest Black unemployment in history and the lowest unemployment in 49 years along with the lowest Hispanic unemployment.  He has brought back patriotism.   The US is respected again around the globe; no apologies necessary thanks to our President.  Yes, he deserves some credit.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline bilo

« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2019, 12:00:24 am »

This is one of the impressive things about Trump. He will not only take risks, but if he fails he doesn't quit. He won't let set backs shake his confidence in himself or his larger goals. It's probably why so many leftists have a visceral hatred of him. They can't stand an alpha male.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 12:17:45 am by bilo »
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home